• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern School of Power | Out-of-Character

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Would that be too powerful, since something like suddenly there’s no blood in your heart or no blood going to your brain seems a bit lethal? I guess if they couldn’t control it enough to be able to do that it would be fine.
I'd say it has the potential to be probably too powerful. You can still have it as long as that level of the power be something your character would not be capable of doing for quite a while.

Last edited:
Okay I think I got it for rank e powers I am thinking this

Power is control of exotic matter the chatacter can generate and alter the properties of this mater and its form this takes two forms right now.

The solid form which can be a vast host of objects often walls domes a suit of armor ect with unalterable properties this needs to be manifested near the user.

The destructive form shooting a subsonic pellet of exotic matter in a straight line it will rapidly expand when it contacts none gas matter creating a shore with a maximum of a10 foot diameter that will then collapse in upon it self annihilating whatever was within.

Some draw backs to the power not much for dpild except distance and the destructive 1 shot at a time sub sonic speeds it can be tricked into going off early and it requires concentration or at least s decent amount or it goes boom.

Almost finished with my character as well. All that's left is to write out his history. Was hoping to have it done today, but have felt a little under the weather. Apologies! Gonna take another nap and wrap it up after. Fun cast, by the way~

Ok so the charcters are perfectly even at 3 and 3 and I still havent choose a gender to place my character under.

Awesome! I think the power could be cheesed pretty heavily but I will trust ya, haha.

I like that you explored the world a bit with the powers in sports angle. It may come up a bit in the RP itself.

Probably. I think anything physics based could really be busted if used in a certain way. I'm happy you're giving me the benefit of the doubt though. It's more that I wanted a relatively simple concept for his ability that felt appropriate for his hobby. Should it ever get to be a bit much do let me know. While it certainly isn't my intent, having an additional perspective is always helpful.

Excited to learn more about it! One of my immediate go-to questions in fiction is always how world altering events can impact hyper-specific aspects of society. Feel that gets glossed over far too often in favor of the grand picture.

Last edited:
Only one that seems a bit busted to me is the power copy one, unless there is a time duration or limit to number copied at once. The only downside i see to it is not copying the knowledge of how to use the power so skill-based ones are potentially harmful/useless but still.

I mean copying powers doesnt seem that bad not like they can copy multiple at a time and I think their are conditions on getting it and it takes a bit to remove it.

Guess i misread it, Since it seemed like they kept the powers allowing for multiple to be stockpiled overtime with no consequence, raising question why they would remove powers....though if there was a limitation there guess i missed it.

Kai can copy multiple abilities, but depending on how they interact with each other it might completely screw him over. It takes time to copy properly, and how long he retains a copy depends on how much of you he took. But just because he copies a power doesn't mean he knows how to use it, and a couple other things. Like, if he copied Vetr, he's never copied a chronokinetic before, so unless Vetr taught him what to do, he'd basically be standing there "Why is everything so slow?" And occasionally blip across the room or face first into a wall.

He's got to touch you, first, skin to skin, or he gets a hold of a hair, or spit, etc.

I mean her particularly its...."Wait i blipped....why is half of me in the wall and my arm across the room on its own? also i meant to go only 2 feet not this far" it was part of why she had the rank a blip higher due to how complex the actual ability is rather than just think and bamf.

Exactly.

How do you pronounced your character's name? I keep reading it "vetter weird" and I'm not sure that's right

Nice.

But I do understand why you were worried about the copying. I was asking the GMs in the DMs about it, specifically because Vetr due to the time mechanics on his power and also "so what happens when the inevitable happens and there's two chronokinetics" I was told it was okay as long as it didn't become a major problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back