• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion

Is there a way to start with more spells under my belt, or am I stuck with just the five starting powers until I can learn more?

BTW, I'm almost done with my character. It is coming along very nice. I'm half tempted to write up a second just to compare and see which one I like better, the Ley Line Walker or a Cyber Knight.

Magic and Mysticism 1: Choose one power that you know, you automatically gain the raise effect with it when you use it successfully.
Also, from my reading, it seems that I get this with my magic already as a benefit of the Master of Magic Edge. Can I get a reroll on that one?

Sherwood Sherwood some clarifications:
Master of magic edge just gives you access to Mega version Powers of your regular powers. The benefit rolled means that when you activate a power, it get the raise effect. A raise effect is basically when you achieve a result of activation +4 above the necessary success (in general the target number is 4, to achieve a raise you need to roll 8). Some powers do better stuffs on a raise (more damage, more range, better effects etc...)

It's possible to start with more power with the New Power edge.
As a true atlantean you don't start with an extra edge, which would mean to get the new power edge you would need to pick either:
A major hindrance or two minor hindrances.

The limit for a character is one major hindrance and two minor hindrances. So its possible to pick new power twice.

Sherwood Sherwood some clarifications:
Master of magic edge just gives you access to Mega version Powers of your regular powers. The benefit rolled means that when you activate a power, it get the raise effect. A raise effect is basically when you achieve a result of activation +4 above the necessary success (in general the target number is 4, to achieve a raise you need to roll 8). Some powers do better stuffs on a raise (more damage, more range, better effects etc...)

It's possible to start with more power with the New Power edge.
As a true atlantean you don't start with an extra edge, which would mean to get the new power edge you would need to pick either:
A major hindrance or two minor hindrances.

The limit for a character is one major hindrance and two minor hindrances. So its possible to pick new power twice.
I understand. Thank you.

Ok, here is one more. I get the Spellcasting skill with the Ley Line Walker at a d8. Can I raise that with my skill points?

At the moment, I'm looking at maxing out my Smarts and Spellcasting skill. I've found that in most games I've played, it is cheaper to boost stuff at character creation than it is with experience. The one Attribute that I'm not sure how it plays is Spirit. I can see that it counts as range on some of my spells, but what other benefits does it grant?

Not a problem.
Spirit helps you recover from the shaken condition, which is indeed very important in the system. You are more often than not, end up being shaken from an attack, so it basically all the times and some some mega powers give the shaken condition automatically.

Hello everyone. Sherwood was kind enough to let me know about this, and suggested that I take a look. I have the Rifts Savage World book along with the Core rules, but I've never actually played it before.

I'm currently running a Cyber Knight in Sherwood's Rifts game, and I love that character class. But, I may go with something different; perhaps a baby dragon. I just don't like having to worry about the metamorphosis time. Any opinions on what the team needs?

In my opinion, you are a great paladin with O-Ren in my game. Run another version of her, and we'll rock.

Hey there welcome.

Currently officially posted in characters:

the two roles are fulfilled: The Big Magic Caster and Psychic Power House.

Open Roles:

The Mobile Weapon Plateform: Glitterboy or combat cyborg. Power armor Jock or Robot Armor jock from M.A.R.S. also works.

The Super Soldier: Cyber-knights, Crazy, juicers. Many M.A.R.S. can fullfill that role.

The Expert: Techno-Wizard, scholars, city rat, wilderness scout, some kind of a face etc...many possibilities here.

Well, I do love me my Cyber Knight, so I guess I'll go with that. Thanks for letting me in.

I'll pull out a human for this, for the extra Edge, so that with the bonus ones I get for being a Cyber Knight, I should be a good meat shield for our squishy mage back there (looking at you, Sherwood Sherwood )

Alright since you have the book you know what to do, the rolls, etc...get that and post later, for now , really calling it a night.

Hmm. Quick question that can wait for tomorrow. The Cyber Knight gets to choose from a list of Psi Powers, but it doesn't say how many I can start with. Do I need to use a Edge to buy each one that I want, or does a few come with the character already?

You might get all of them if I read it correctly.

Well, according to the Arcane Background - Psionics, I get three powers. For now, I'll go with that and hope for more in the Rifts Setting.

Yeah the book precise you start with 3.
Just like usual in SW, if you want more powers, you would need to get the new power edge (you can buy it multiple times). But well honestly at character creation, with the born a hero rule, would recommend to use the extra edge to get better stuffs as you aren't limited by rank at creation (later on in game, you would need to reach a specific rank for edges and powers).

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor yeah:
Mystic while versatile are mostly psychic/magic kind of character. The trappings of their faith is the biggest difference. Mystics have access to unique trappings for their powers.

Mind Melter are psychic power house.
Ley Line Walker are Big Magic caster.

With 4 people posted now, we are probably able to start soon, even today depending if people finish up a few things on the sheets.

Guess something worth mentioning, think of the trappings of your powers/spells.
While the name of powers are generic, trappings is what distinguish them, two people might learn blast for example but one might be ice blast, while the other is fire blast (with appropriate extravagant name of course).

Last edited:
Guess something worth mentioning, think of the trappings of your powers/spells.
While the name of powers are generic, trappings is what distinguish them, two people might learn blast for example but one might be ice blast, while the other is fire blast (with appropriate extravagant name of course).

I was thinking something along the lines of concussive force, which there is a strange lack of in the trappings department. There is the sonic trapping, but it's just not the same.

trappings listed are just examples. There is no limit to the trappings except of course, depend on the theme of the game but well, welcome to rifts, trapping of spells are all over the place.

If you want to take some inspiration from real rifts spells, this could inspire you for the names and possible trappings:
Rifts Magic
Rifts Psionics

Well, I already have the spells named. The spoiler for each spell has the name in it. And like I said, my preferred trapping would be pure concussive power, like telekinesis (but not actual Telekinesis, since that is fine control, which none of my powers are). If you have some ideas on how to customize the powers with that (such as increasing pushing distance or potentially disarming the targets), then I would be glad to add those effects to the spells. I'm just not familiar with the system to create a new trapping like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back