• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion

Guess something else to add to that before you spend some credits:

Usually unless stated otherwise your body armor (starting armor) has the following features:
-Cover all locations
-Full Environmental Protection (fully sealed systems, self-contained breathing, immunity to extreme temperatures, radiation, vacuum, diseases and life support system).
-A basic commlink (5 miles range)
-Sensitive visors or eye lenses (offset illumination penalties by 2 and +2 to resist blinding attacks)

Your Huntsman lightweight armor has a minimum of d6 strength requirement so keep it in mind or you will have some penalties (just one attribute to strength to have d6.) It offers +5 armor and +1 toughness but offers no full environmental protection.

Edit:

I guess worth mentioning the following setting rules are in play:

Blood & Guts
Born a Hero:
Ignore rank requirement for edges and powers at character creation.
Critical failures
Joker's Wild

Last edited:
You mean if there is a complication in an iconic framework? Yeah it's already accounted for.

You can still get hindrances to get more attributes/skills or edges on top of it tho as normal.

Armor helps you in combat mostly, essentially:
Armor add to your toughness.
Toughness obviously adds to your toughness directly.

Now I suppose, you are wondering why the two are separated very simple actually:
Some weapons have AP (Armor Piercing), meaning that they can ignore some or all of your armor protection.

See more about toughness in character creation chapter.

If I wanted a tazer baton, how much would that cost creditwise? A knife? Laser Shotgun? The Laser Rifle in the core book only costs 300, which is far under the minimum of 7000 for basic weapons, so I imagine it's price would be higher as well.

Yeah the price would be higher for all the ranged weapons. Essentially for all the ranged weapons you can safely ignore the futuristic weapons in the book. Modern ranged weapons are available too, everything else is in savage rifts.

The cheapest Laser Rifle in savage rift is 16 000 credit. It's the NG-L5. (Northern Gun Laser 5)

Medieval weapons would be the same price:
Normal knife and the likes would be the same regular price credit.

Tazer baton is replaced by the Neural Mace essentially: It cost 8000 credit.

But something you need to know and take into account before investing into a regular knife: You already have a survival knife, hatchet, pocket knife etc...from your survival pack (starting equipment for Mind melter).

But seeing that you are interested in getting some weapons:
The rich edge is changed in savage rifts (and a few other edges) but anyway would be the easiest solution:

Rich edge gives you 5000 credit and you get two rolls on any of the following tables: Body Armor, Close Combat Weapons,
Cybernetics, or Ranged Combat Weapons Tables. Or you could drop the two rolls for a vehicle.

Rich edge in this setting doesn't necessarily mean that you are "rich" more like you did manage to accumulate some gear/wealth, stolen or maybe even inherited either way. It doesn't give a salary.

Yes yes yes! This looks rad! I don't know the system beyond bennies and the drawing cards thing (but can look up more) but looking at the wiki and I need more cyber knights in my life!

If you don't mind helping out a new player mind if I roll a character?

Edit: I rolled a d20 for the narrative hook.

I got a 1.... I have a good feeling about this....

Last edited:
I don't mind at all.
So you want to go for the Cyber Knight?

Alright let see, 1 is the same hook as the mind melter:

Siege of Tolkeen
, just read it up a few post above.

But anyway let see as a cyber-knight going to need the following rolls:

You get three rolls on any of the following tables: Education, Experience &Wisdom, Psionics, and Training
Then two additional rolls on any tables except cybernetics and Magic&Mysticism.

for convenience the list of other tables:
Body Armor, Close Combat Weapons, Enchanted Items & Mystic Gadgets, Ranged Weapons, Training, Underworld & Black Ops.

Last edited:
Checking out some more stuff on the system as we go. Here's dem rolls.

Education - 5

Psionics - 19
Training - 7
Experience &Wisdom a - 17
Experience &Wisdom b - 15

Education: your character has a passion for languages, you get the Linguist edge. (start with # of languages = smarts die)

Psionics:
With 19, you can choose one of the results on the table let see essentially you can choose:
1) Soul Drain Edge (use your life for more power)
2) Rapid Recharge Edge (Regain ISP faster)
3) +10 ISP
4) Empathic, you can detect someone feelings within smart range with opposed spirit check. On raise, you can even known if someone is lying or evasive during conversations.
5) +1 Psionic power from your own list (any rank) or a power not normally available of novice rank.
6) One power that you know automatically get the raise result when you successfully activate it.
7) You can give an immediate help to someone to help them break out of mind walk, illusion, or puppet, +2.
8) Mentalist Edge
9) You can use a Benny to use Spirit instead of any other trait roll for a round.
10) Strong presence. +2 to persuasion and intimidation checks. +2 bonus when you use the fear power.

Training: One professional edge ignore other requirements.

Experience & Wisdom a: One Wild card edge of your choice, ignore requirements.
Experience & Wisdom b: One professional edge ignore other requirements.

As a cyber-knight you get:

usual character creation so 5 attributes, 15 skill points and free edge for being human of course.

Cyber-Armor: As a free action, you can summon organic steel metal shell, toughness +2.
Cybernetic Combat: Pure based technological attacks, lasers, vibro blades, rail guns, -2 to hit the CK. It stacks with the deflection power.
First into Battle: +2 Pace, d10 running die. If you take fleet footed edge potentially more boost to this.
Inner Light: You start with the Champion Edge

Intense combat training: start with Fighting d8 and 2 combat edges (ignore rank requirement but must meet other requirements)

Minor psionic: start with arcane background (psionics) , 10 ISP, Psionics d6 and three powers from that list:
armor, barrier, bolt, boost Trait*, confusion, darksight, deflection*, environmental protection, havoc, healing*,
pummel, quickness, smite*, speak language, speed*, succor, warrior’s gift.
Powers with * can only be used on the CK but activate as a free action so no multiple action penalty.

Psi-Sword:
As a free action, can summon a blade made of their will and spirit. Appearance depend on each CK, effect doesn't change with the look. Psi-sword Strength+Spiritx2 damage and AP 6 (no strength minimum). It can also be split into two blades, they do the same damage but only AP 2. For 2 ISP, the blade can inflict Mega Damage as long as the blade is manifested.

Revered Protectors: +2 Charisma, at least when it comes to people who sees them as guardian of freedom or love them.

CK complications:

Code of Honor: Essentially follow the CK code of honor and essentially being a good person. If not you get penalties or even worse lose all your abilities.

Cybernetics: Not an option, the implanted nanotechnology interferes with them.

CK starting Gear:
Cyber-Knight Medium Armor, Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol, NG-L5 Laser Rifle, NG-S2 Survival Pack, One silver cross, 6 × wooden
stakes, 2d6 × 100 credits.

Last edited:
Weissplus Weissplus It is possible but here basically what it entails:

You basically choose all the essentials (the race, the iconic framework), some of it might limit your starting skills or attributes (totally normal since Savage rifts character are way stronger than regular SW characters)

Then when it comes to the rolls, there is an optional rule and like I said, I'm using it:
Instead of rolling, you choose a result of your choice but to do this, you have to trade:
2 rolls traded > for one guaranteed result on a table (so essentially you choose a result on a table)

Most classes have between Heroic journey 3-5 rolls, so you will end up with one random roll at most, if you go choose your results.

Of course, as you can see, while it makes your character like you wanted, you lose 1 or 2 benefits for it.

So what are you interested in playing? Check out the first post, i didn't list the D-bees (dimensional beings) but there is quite a bit of them to choose from. Some d-bees can't be some iconic framework for a reason or another.

Are there still openings in this? I am very familiar with the old Rifts world and system, but I have only heard good stuff about Savage Worlds, and I have downloaded some PDFs to look over.

Sherwood Sherwood Yes there is! If you have the tomorrow legion player guide + savage world corebook , you are good to go. If not, of course, I can help with character creation if you have an idea of what you want to play. And yeah, it is a very good conversion of Rifts.

How complicated is magic in this system? I am thinking of a Ley Line Walker, but if it is going to be a trial for me as a new player, I can go with some easier build.

Sherwood Sherwood Magic is very easy. You pay point for a spell, you roll an arcane test, you succeed, you cast the spell then another trait roll if approriate. (have to spend mana points)

But anyway to get started as usual going to need for a Ley Line walker:
-narrative hook (1d20)

Hero journey rolls:

You get 3 rolls on any of the following tables: Enchanted Items & Mystic Gadgets, Education, Experience & Wisdom,
and Magic & Mysticism.

Then 2 rolls on any tables except psionics. You can check out a few posts above for a full list of the tables.

Sorry to be a pain, but I don't suppose that there are stats written up for a True Atlantan somewhere? They make awesome Ley Line Walkers.

Here is a start for you to look at:
For my Narrative Hook I have a 15

Under Magic and Mysticism, I rolled twice and have a 14 and an 18
For Enchanted Items, I have a 1
Experience and Wisdom, I got a 13
and finally, under Training, I got a 2

Sherwood Sherwood : No official but from the savage foes book information, I made an okay conversion of them for PCs, should be noted that SW rifts races don't give overwhelming advantages, just some bonuses here and there:

Ancient masters of Rifts Earth, they left it, scattering out into the Megaverse, only to find their home has been invaded by dimensional entities and nearly destroyed. Now they plot to save their world while being stalked by the an unknown enemy.

True Atlantean

• Atlantean Transformation Immunity: True Atlanteans cannot be forcibly transformed by magic or other means.
• Leyline Sense: True Atlanteans begin with the Ley Line Walker ability from the Savage Rifts Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide: Ley Line Sense and Ley Line Phasing.
• First Magic tattoos: True Atlanteans are given two tattoos at the age of six. The first, a bloodless heart with a stake through it, causes vampires to have a -2 to attack rolls against her. The second, a flaming sword, allows her to summon a silver longsword as an action.
• Racial Enemy: The Sunaj will hunt and attempt to destroy any True Atlantean they come across.
• Sense Vampire: True Atlanteans can roll notice to detect vampires within line of sight.
• Stunning: True Atlanteans begin with a +2 to Charisma.
• Brave and True: True Atlantean begins with a major hindrance, usually something related to a code of honor and the likes (it doesn't grant an additional edge).

If you want an official d-bee from the Tomorrow Legion Guide good at magic: D-Norr are good at magic.

-------------------
Narrative hook: Nearly done for. You were almost dead and rescued by the Tomorrow Legion, now owing them a life debt, you work for the legion.

Magic and Mysticism 1: Choose one power that you know, you automatically gain the raise effect with it when you use it successfully.

Magic and Mysticism 2: You are good at putting down enemies. +2 damage when using direct damage spells or TW weapons.

Enchanted item: A powerful wooden magic staff. 10 PPE (regenerate at your rate), +1 spellcasting for all magic and miracles rolls, and contains two powers of your choice which can be from any list. It is combat worthy, (str+d6, Reach 1, Parry+1, two-handed) that does mega damage if you use 2 PPE.

Experience and Wisdom: +2 on any common knowledge rolls related to geography and people of North America. +2 on survival and streetwise checks in North America.

Training: Military training. Gain +5 skill points that can only be spent on Fighting, Shooting, or Throwing in any combination.

-------------------

The Ley Line Walker:
You start with the usual 5 attributes and 15 skill points.

Arcane Background (Magic): You start with the arcane background (Magic) edge with 15 PPE, d8 spellcasting, and 5 powers of your choice from this list:
armor, banish, barrier, blast, blind, bolt, boost/lower Trait, burrow, burst, conceal arcana, confusion, damage
field, darksight, deflection, disguise, dispel, drain Power Points, entangle, environmental protection,
farsight, fear, fly, growth/shrink, havoc, healing, intangibility, invisibility, light/obscure, pummel,
quickness, slow, slumber, smite, speak language, speed, stun, summon ally, telekinesis, teleport, wall walker, and warrior’s gift

Expanded Awareness: Detect Arcana at will, as a free action.

Ley Line Mastery: Roll spellcasting skill to draw PPE from a line at distance spiritx3, Multiply their PPEx3 at this distance or closer.

Ley Line Rejuvenation:
Once per day, one healing roll while on a Ley Line.

Ley Line Sense:
Can sense a ley line within 10 miles and can tell many details about it (how powerful it is, directions, nexus points etc...) also can sense rifts within 10 miles and if a new rift opens, can tell within 50 miles.

Ley Line Transmission: Walkers can send and receive messages on a Ley Line, can be a wide broadcast that anybody can hear or specific recipient.

Ley Line Walking:
fly twice her pace on a line, as high as 1000 feet.

Master of Magic: They know the mega powers version of every spells that they know. They start with Master of Magic edge and the Rapid Recharge edge.

Ley Line Walkers complications:

Cybernetics: The strain interferes with magic. -1 penalty to spellcating for each point of strain.
Disconnected: They have a hard time relating to people due to them dealing in strange things. -2 charisma in most social situations.
Enemies: Coalition forces shoot them on sight and True Federation doesn't like any that doesn't swear fealty to Lord Dunscon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back