• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion: Murderthon

"This actually works out quite well," Kara says. "Tina want to participate in the charity events as well, so she can stay with you while Alexa and I do some exploring." Kara turns around. "If that sounds good with you two, that is. Oh, and I should probably give you a crash corse in surviving juicer culture before we split."

The old man Carver waits patiently before moving around, appearing to be somewhat buzzed to say the least, before Kara is ready and anybody else who wants to come on the tour is welcome.

"Well before, we head out, see to the left over there? These are the locker rooms. Every teams participating in the murderthon has access to small locker room for preparation and the likes...alright let me show you around."

Moving from the right of the entrance, Carver make his first stop.
"This is the gymnasium, you can come practice, lift weight and the likes."

The area known as the Gymnasium has the basics, old and rusty weights, a bench, a treadmill and some apparently scavenged exercises machines. There are a couple of juicers practicing here, most showing off how much they can lift.

Alexa meanwhile has no issues finding the stands selling all kind of snacks and drinks.

Meanwhile Tina is approached by a middle-aged woman wearing a blue shirt with Arcadia Charity Foundation written on it.

"Hello, you are a Cyber-Knight correct? Can I have a minute of your time? I'm Lisa, I'm one of the volunteers for the Arcadia Charity Foundation. It would be a great honor, if you would endorse our foundation. I'm sure many people would feel more confident to donate money to the needy with the endorsement of a Cyber-knight around here."

"That works splendidly. I shall accompany your Cyber-Knight companion over to the charity events, I for one am particularly interested in seeing what they have to offer." Emma places her hand on Kara's shoulder "I recommend you exercise great caution whilst in the company of these Juicers, they seem to be quite unsavory. There aren't many juicers in the NGR, so I'm not too used to seeing them."

Emma departs and heads with Tina to head over to the Arcadia Charity Foundation. Emma perks her head when the foundation approaches Tina.

OOC: Can you give me more details about the charity?

ooc: The Arcadia Charity Foundation simply focuses on helping the needy of Kingsdale. They always accept donation of course.

As for the contests, pretty simple:
It's simple, you just spend money (1000 credit) and there is a prize pool, depending on how many people who participate. Half of the prize pool money goes to the charity while the other half, go to the winner of the event. So if 4 people participate, the winner will get 2000 credit for example. I will roll a d6+x (number of PCs who participate in one of the charity events) to see how many participants are in one of the contest. All other contestants by default are juicers, so they are quite proficient in physical prowess.

Emma approaches another person wearing a foundation shirt and speaks with them about what the Arcadia Charity Foundation does. After sensing the noble nature of the volunteers and the work they are done, Emma donates a 200 credit chip to the charity followed by a smile.

Emma requests to enter Bullseye Competition and signs her name. Emma follows the volunteer to a shooting gallery and is shown a series of targets to hit within the time allotted. Emma pulls back the stock of her Wilk's rifle and puts the stock to her shoulder. Emma takes a deep breath as she hears the volunteer say "START". (Emma rolls a 13 for shooting).

Toni also walks up to Emma, and once more offers up her hand in greeting. "I am Toni Maxwell, a fellow member of the Legion. Have you had any trouble on your way in? We were jumped by a bunch of the Widowmaker gang of Juicers, but we were able to get away with little in the way of issues."

"Hello, you are a Cyber-Knight correct? Can I have a minute of your time? I'm Lisa, I'm one of the volunteers for the Arcadia Charity Foundation. It would be a great honor, if you would endorse our foundation. I'm sure many people would feel more confident to donate money to the needy with the endorsement of a Cyber-knight around here."
She turns to look at this new arrival, and nods. "I would like to learn more of your foundation, if you would, but I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be willing to lend your charity my endorsement."

Emma turns to see the gorgeous Cyber-Knight and gives her a curtsy. Emma then shakes her hand and says in her accented English "It is a pleasure to meet you Toni Maxwell. A Cyber-Knight is always a welcome sight, especially one as graceful as yourself! I have not had too much trouble aside from the cat calling and the very forward sexual advances. Then again, Juicers were never a shy bunch! They live life a bit too on the edge, but I suppose that only makes sense with the dangers that await us in that arena. It is good to see you though taking an interest in the foundation, a Cyber-Knight such as yourself will give them great assistance in their time of need."

Emma opens up her pack of cigarettes and takes one for herself. She holds the pack out towards Toni "I do not think you partake, but would you wish to have one? It helps calm the nerves or so they say."

Alexa comes over, munching on a turkey leg. "Hey there. You our fourth?" She glances over at Toni for confirmation. "I'm Alexa Sans, and I would shake your hand but mine are a bit greasy at the moment. So, what's up?"

Emma was surprised yet again to meet another exquisite looking Legionnaire. Emma smiled at Alexa and curtsied her. "I'm quite surprised that all the Legionnaires that they sent to this event were women and attractive ones at that! You're just as adorable as the last one I saw. Best watch yourselves, these juicers fight hard and do other things a bit harder. Emma trails off with a bit of disgust. "I hope that turkey leg is as delicious as you're making it look" Emma smiled at Alexa.

"I'm here to assist you with winning the Murderthon. If we can win, that will most certainly raise our profile in the area."

Last edited:
"Oh definitely Arcadia Charity Foundation is private charity formed by Kingsdale Senator, Arcadia to help the unfortunate souls of Kingsdale. Arcadia has been a senator of Kingsdale for ninety years already and has an impeccable record. The poors of kingsdale suffer from high rate of illiteracy often making a vicious cycle of violence and lawlessness. Many of these people out of desperation ends up going through the process to become Juicers or worst..."

As she is giving her speech, Carver meanwhile is about to show the second location to Kara when A female juicer with short hair and a tattooed fleur-de-lis on her cheek approaches Carver.

“Carver!”
She calls out angrily.

“What the hell’s going on here? I got three members of my team gone missing?”

There’s a palpable tension in the air as she approaches the old man.

Sometime later during the contest:
The first juicer steps forward and shoots all the targets perfectly right in the middle while doing ridiculous stunts and still not missing any. The Second one, stumbles and shoots way off to the side. The third juicer hits close to the targets. The fourth juicer miss the targets, the fifth one also brilliantly shoots the targets. The sixth juicer also miss.

Emma shots were pretty impressive too and she moves to the 2nd round, along with the other two impressive shots.

ooc: Other members of the group are close enough to hear the female juicer calling out to Carver. If people feels like attempting to calm her down, you could roll a persuasion roll, if not, you can just watch the exchange.

Emma is on round 2 of the contest, make another shooting roll.

Emma smiles as she hears her name being called out, acknowledging that she moves onto the next round. This time the organizers set up a far more elaborate set up with even smaller and faster moving targets. This isn't much of a problem for Emma though. Years of fighting Gargoyles and Brodkil taught her how to hit fast and hard.

Emma readies her aim when the announcer shouts "START". Dozens of targets start popping up and Emma sees her HUD display the targets quickly as she moves from one target to the next through muscle memory alone.

OOC: Shooting Roll of 14.

"Now that introductions are done, I'm gonna get a tour of the arena," Kara says. "Try not to get into trouble while I'm gone."

Kara follows Carver around, getting a general layout of the arena, before a Juicer starts yelling at Carver. Kara sighs before saying, "You know, if this old guy really had anything to do with three juicers disappearing, you might not want to piss him off. Otherwise, you could try asking nicely. He certainly seems like a nice guy."

OOC: (Rolled a 2 on persuasion +2 Charisma +2 Strong Presence for a total of 6.)

"Yeah I don't know where they are Eckert." As Carver simply shrugs his shoulders.
Eckert calms down a little bit at least while staring at Carver then Kara.
"Damn it, it's not like them to not show up. And who are you?"

As for the contest:
The juicers did show off some skills, but Emma sharpshooting skills did prevail, as the Arcadia Charity Foundation announces it: "and the Winner is Emma! For the prize of 3000 credit."

"A soon to be friend," Kara says, crossing her arms. "Widowmaker's thugs tried to murderize me and my crew on the way here. And by the sound of it, sounds like your boys may have bitten the dust from the same. Tell you what. I'll help you find your missing teammates, and later, our teams will be the first and second place winners. Sound like a deal?"

Emma looks ecstatic when her name is called as the winner, grinning at the other Juicers whose aim couldn't quite match Emma's skills. Emma poses for the camera with volunteers from the Arcadia Charity Foundation. She poses for the camera and blows a kiss, just like she remembered in the fashion magazines she collects. She thanks the volunteers immensely and is glad to see that half the purse went to them. However Emma wants to help them out further and donates 300 credits to the charity to ensure that they can help more in need.

“A friend well glad to meet you. This competition needs more folks like yourselves and fewer cowardly show-offs like Widowmaker.” Eckert laughs.

"It wouldn't surprise me if he was behind it, last I saw them they got into a fist fight with the widowmaker's gang...well keep on your toes. I’m going to keep looking for my people, but it seems like we may have to compete in the murderthon a few men short. Good luck to you.”

With that Eckert heads out.

Carver looks at her going away.

"So want to resume the tour?"

ooc: feel free to let me know what you want to do, there is still some time until the competition proper start.

"Let's continue with the tour," Kara says to Carver. On her radio, she says, "Keep an eye out for Widowmaker's thugs. They just took out some of the competition. Oh, and if you happen to see any bleeding and/or dead people with fleur-de-lis on them, tell Eckert. Look for a female juicer with short hair and the fleur-de-lis tattooed on her cheek. If you tell her that the chick with Carver sent you, she should hear you out."

"Next we have the Medical Bay, if you get hurt that's where you'll end up." The cheap plastic curtains, and some operating tables are visible in some of the quarters of the bay, doesn't seem like there is anybody here at the moment.

"Here this is the Widowmaker's Gang locker room." As he points toward the room. Of course, all locker rooms are small rooms on their own, so can't see what's happening inside of them.

"then we have the Chosen Locker room. You saw most of them in the Gym earlier." The chosen locker room was close to the widowmaker's gang locker room.

"Then we have the Rager Club Locker Room...stupid young juicers."
As loud buzzing noises from chain longsword and apparently them fighting among each other can be heard.

"Last Locker room, you met the leader of the team earlier, the New Lion's Pride locker room. Eckert leads this team. Then around, you can find various kiosks to buy some food and drinks, the track field is obviously where the competition will take place. Got any questions? "

The field is a large patch of mostly open ground. it takes most of the arena. There are orange cones marking out the track with an announcer dais in the center of the field.

After winning the marksmanship competition, Emma heads back over to the food stands to get the cinnamon pretzel she was eyeing earlier along with another large stein of German beer. Emma enjoys her drink and pretzel while continuing to wander the arena, making small talk with whoever has manners.

OOC: Not quite sure what to do at the moment, but open to any situations if you want to have someone approach me or something happen.

ooc: Stuffs you could potentially do:
-Questioning people about the disappearances of the Juicers. Eckert, Carver, juicers running around or even if you feel like talking to him directly Widowmaker. Maybe sometime persuasion rolls might be required depending on whom you interact with.
-Investigation and Streetwise rolls can of course help out in trying to find out more about the situation, basically talking around with people.
-Hang out at the Gym
-Anything other things that you want to do. Basically feel free to be proactive. Or of course, you could just let me know in the ooc that you are ready for the main competition and we will skip to that.

Toni congratulates Emma for her outstanding shooting. "Wonderful marksmanship! I should have placed a side wager on you, but since I am helping to safeguard the good name of the charity, I thought it best not to. I am curious to learn the rules of the match that we are to be in later. What can and cannot be used? I don't want to use my Psi Shield to protect me if that would incur a penalty on us, and I won't use my Psi Hammer. Also, while we wait for the main event to start up, I was wondering if we could do some nosing around to see if there are others missing, and if so, see if we can identify a singular threat behind it. What say you gals? Care to help me out?"

Alexa adds her own voice to the accolades of her Cyber Knight friend when Emma comes over. "Not too shabby. Good shootin, Tex!" She grins and offers a thumbs-up to the other woman. Then, she ponders the offer of being a snoop and asking some questions about the place. "Sure, Toni. I guess I can bend an ear or two. With all of the DeeBees here, I doubt anyone will have an issue talking to a mage, so, yeah. While we are doing that, are we also in need of thinking up a team name for us, or are we competing under the Legion's banner?"

Once a decision is made, Alexa will spend some time just drifting about, making small talk and gently trying to steer the comments over to see if anyone else is missing, and if so, see if there was any commonalities to the incidents.

Smarts d12 + Investigation d6 Roll: 11

ooc:
guess my fault for not clarifying how it works...but skills works like this:

You roll the skill (don't take attributes into account)
and the wild die.

You compare both rolls:

for example investigation d6 you roll a 3 and wild die you roll a 4.

Then you pick the best of the two, so here your result will be 4.

The attribute doesn't come into play unless I ask directly for an attribute die roll.

Ah. My mistake. My Investigation roll came up with a 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back