• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion: Murderthon

Deviltigerr

Elder Member
A dwarf with fiery red hair, a sunny smile, and a warrior’s heft to her broad shoulders stands before you. This is Dhara Hammerheart, one of the leaders of the Tomorrow Legion.

“Greetings,legionnaires,” She hands you what looks like a flyer advertising some sort of sporting event. “Something is going on out near Kingsdale; a juicer sports competition called a murderthon, and they’ve specifically invited the Tomorrow Legion to attend.”

Dhara’s expression is thoughtful. “Juicer sports in general are bloody, savage competitions and nothing we truly want to be involved in. However, I hear this particular murderthon is going to be more restrained.”

Dhara laughs. “I have my doubts, but the fact remains that this an unprecedented opportunity for the legion to reach out and build relationships with nearby realms. Kingsdale is a very prosperous and influential city-state. We need a closer relationship with them. This region has a history with juicers ever since the Juicer Uprising.”

The dwarf nods towards your group.
“Therefore, your team will attend the murderthon. Keep your eyes open and remember you represent all of us. Go show them who we are.”

"Wait, you're telling me they toned it down?" Kara asks. She looks over the flyer. "Man, I always enjoyed a good old fashioned brawl, and Juicers were always good for a couple of rounds. And they invited the Legion?" She grins. "Sounds like this won't be as boring as I thought."

Toni gives a sigh. "I doubt that it will stay toned down . . . in the middle of the game, with the excitement of the moment, I suspect that the full-on game will soon be taking place." She shrugs. "Not my personal cup of tea, but lets give the Legion its best face forward and try to make some new recruits and allies."

Alexa idly twiddles her magic staff between her hands as she listens to the dwarf. "Well, it will be a new experience for me; I've never seen a murderbowl game before. How many members of the Legion are we sending, and how will it be decided who goes? Draw straws? High cards win?"

Kara turns towards the woman behind her and says, "You can draw straws if you want, but given the chance, you can bet your assets I'm jumping in the ring."

OOC: (my phone autocorrected a word to assets, but considering that it still fits, it shall stay as such.)

Toni chuckles at the other woman's enthusiasm. "Perhaps I should go along, just to make sure our representatives don't embarrass the Legion."

"It will be your team. We can't spare too many people. Many settlements need helps around Castle Refuge and we still get refugees every day from the Coalition State or the True Federation of Magic, d-bees from various rifts even show up. It's only a few days east out from here. Just be careful out there and get ready to head out." As Dhara nods to them, believing that they know what to do, before leaving them to their preparation.

With Castle Refuge in the background, it is hard to believe that this place is even real in this world.

ooc: Essentially going to be the four of you.

Alexa stands and stretches. "Well, lets see if we can't get ourselves some form of transport. No need to walk all that way if we can avoid it, ey?" She turns to look at the others, offering a hand in greeting. "I'm Alexa Sans. I hope to be good friends with all of you very soon."

Toni gives the other woman a firm handshake. "Good to meet you, Alexa. I'm Toni Maxwell. As far as transportation goes, if we can get a truck, I'm a decent driver. I promise to get us there in one piece, so long as we don't run into too much trouble."

OOC Is there a motorpool of some kind here, for us to requisition a vehicle?

"Kara." She doesn't shake anyone's hand. "I figure the walking tank can probably handle herself in a fight, but what about you two?"

Alexa simply says, "I am a mage. Still learning in my arts, but I can keep my own end up."

Toni chuckles. "Walking tank, huh? Well, its a dangerous world out there, and would hate to be caught without my armored waistcoat. Good to meet you, Kara."

Psychie Psychie : Yeah, there is a motorpool at ground level of Castle Refuge. You can obtain a Mountaineer ATV from there.

Guess a quick run down of Castle Refuge:
It has a basement, ground level, +9 levels.
There are many departments/offices specializing in various things.

The legionnaires have their own army, composed of three battalions at the moment.
There are of course civilians and various experts at Caste Refuge.

Dhara Hammerheart is the high defender and ruler of the council of Hope, while she doesn't to be known as the queen...she is effectively the leader of the whole thing.

Lord Coake (founder of the Cyber-Knights), Erin Tarn and Dragon Plato (a leader in the nation of Lazlo) are honorary members of the council.

Under the council there is the General and the command staff. Henderon "Hank" Mcgrudder is the current General, an old glitterboy.

Then the three battalions followed by the special units. Your group is part of the special units, the Special Exploratory Team (given a lot of leeway, as SETs are always on the field and have often to make judgement calls on their own).

"That's simple," Kara says. She starts to count off on her fingers. "I know how to shoot, I'm pretty good at punching stuff and not getting punched, I can open doors I'm not supposed to, and I can stop blood from pouring out of your body." She shrugs. "But I'm probably here because I can throw you from here to waaaay over there with a single thought."

Toni chuckles. "I will make note not to make you mad from waaaay over there, then! Good to have you with us." She pulls out a small datapad and taps the screen a few times, then nods in satisfaction. "There, I just put in a request for a ATV to get us out to our destination. Hopefully we can drive the distance without anyone getting the paint scratched up. I don't have much to pack, so I should be ready to leave in short order. Once I have my things, I am going to go check the Mountaineer over. With luck, it will be somewhat up-armored and armed, all the better to keep us in one piece as we go."

Alexa calls out, "Shotgun! I called it first!" She grins, trying to get a better read on the others in her group.

At the Motorpool, Toni would find A regular Mountaineer ATV, it's dependable and offers enough defense to be okay in most situations.

ooc: Going to wait for @Weiß+ to catch up before more posting, but most likely just heading out to the mission next.

With that our legionnaires jump in the mountaineer ATV and are on their ways to the Murderthon. Kingsdale enjoys a nice traffic, so the wilderness is fairly tame around there and the journey to the Arena, appears to be fairly quiet.

On the third day of your journey, the legionnaires are only traveling through a clearing surrounded by trees.

ooc: Guess he can join in later. So far no feedback, so moving the story along.

Paperwork Note: 3 days on the road, 3 days worth of rations.

Anyway here's your first roll for savage world:

Going to need a notice roll from everyone:

How it works, roll your notice trait + 1d6 (the 1d6 is something everybody gets for being a wild card/a PC), you pick the best result of the two. If your notice roll is a 5 for example and your wild die roll is a 3, 5 will be your result. Essentially simply recall that every time you roll, you pick the best of the two for trait rolls. In general 4 is a success but notice rolls can sometime be opposed rolls (vs stealth and the likes). The one with the most raises win an opposed roll.

Next thing to keep track of, each of you start with 3 bennies. You can use bennies for rerolls including damage rolls (savage rifts setting rule).

Last edited:
Kara yawns, stretching her arms as she did. "What do you guys think will happen when we get to Kingsdale?" She asks. "Since we were invited and all, I doubt our arrival will be unnoticed. They probably have plans for us while we're there."

OOC: (Notice Roll = 4)

Alexa barely looks up when Kara speaks; her nose is stuck in a book. "It's probably a trap, and we're going to have to fight our way out of it. Not to be a pessimist, but thinking things are about to go wrong has helped me on more than one occasion."

OCC Notice Roll: 2

In the driver's seat, Toni says, "Such a down look on life! I prefer to be upbeat and think positive. Let us be ready for anything, but hope for the best."

OOC Notice Roll is 9

While driving around, Toni notices something in the forest, right before the engagement and shots are fired.

A tall, broad-shouldered man with a long Mohawk steps out of hiding, training a laser rifle on your group. He wears the distinctive
harness and armor of a chemically enhanced juicer!

“You’re not going to make it to the murderthon, punks,”
He says with a sneer.

“Widowmaker’s gang will be the big winners… you’re just a bump in the road.”

He opens fire at Kara but the laser shot hits the side of the ATV . As two other juicers come out from the woods wearing the distinctive juicer armor.

First round of combat:
Kara and Alexa are surprised, don't get to act this round.

Kasey 1st- Misses his shot

Toni - 2nd- your turn.
Juicer 1 and 2 (same initiative) -

"Damn! We're under attack! Everyone, hold on!" Toni has two choices to her; stop and get out to fight, or see if these jokers can keep up with the Mountaineer at top speed. This time, she decides that it is better to run away and presses the gas down to the floor. "I'm making a run for it. Lets hope that these guys can't keep up with us, or that we're running into a trap. Lay down some suppressing fire!"

OOC Driving score of 1d8+1d4. Do I also get a d6 as a Wild Card, too? So far, I have an 11 for my vehicle control roll, with a 5, 4, and a 1 before adding in any Wild Dice.
Also, how long does the Psi Power Boost Trait last? I'm not sure how to read the 3 (1/round) notation.

The two juicers look at Toni attempting to make a run for it and they pull out their , chain longsword, turning them on while shouting loudly. "TIME TO BURN! Let's do this!", as they appear to be more muscular and going into a frenzy.

As they proceed to run right after the vehicles at super human speed. They are right behind the vehicle. While it took them the entire turn to keep up with the vehicle, they are going to be on your tails soon.

ooc: Psi Power boost trait lasts: 3 rounds and cost 1 Power point every rounds to maintain it. Reminder that wild die isn't added, you just take the best of the rolls. Of course its possible to do multiple wild die rolls (rolling max multiple times) but unlikely you will get better than your 1d8+1d4 result right now.

The two juicer used one burn point each to add to their running rolls.

2nd round of combat: (In order)

Kara: your turn
Alexa:
Juicers duo:
Toni:
Kasey:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back