• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion: Murderthon

Alexa checked out her surrounding and with some efforts did manage to get her hand on a list of the competitors, at least all the ones that are supposed to be present. The records list indicate that two other juicers are not present, one of them is listed as disqualified while the other is listed as a no-show.

ooc: No worries, the thing like I say to keep in mind, the system is very simple and unless there are many penalties involved, you always succeed on a 4, then if you roll 8, you get one raise, 12, 2 raises etc... Guess other rules about die roll worth noting:
you can get an ace, ace is essentially when you roll the max on a die roll, if you roll a d6 for example and you get a 6, you get to roll again and add it up, it is possible to ace multiple times...my record was 4 aces in a row.

+1 bennie for Alexa.

"What time does the event start?" Kara asks.

After getting her answer, Kara is going to regroup with her comrades. "Widowmaker is playing dirty, which means I get to take the kiddie gloves off," she says. "Have you guys found anything out yet?"

Rules of Murderthon:

The Murderthon will consist of a 200 meters long lap and the winner is the first team that reaches the finish line and we do mean, the entire team. There will be many obstacles on the way and of course the opposing teams.

As usual of most murderthon, teams can attack each other but some weapons have been limited for this event:
-No large scale destruction weapons.
-Magic and Psionics are allowed but can't be used against another contestant. Transportation magic or psionics allowing you to move along the track such as the ability to fly for example or burrow underground are banned.
-Vehicles aren't allowed but participants are allowed to wear power armor, as long as they are running on the ground.
-If you break any of the rules , it's disqualification. But the disqualification only applies per individual, not the entire team.

Emma smiles at Toni and offers her a large stein of German beer.
"Drink up! We celebrate! Also we need to perk ourselves up for the great games that are ahead!" Emma looks inquisitively at Toni as she mentions the missing people. "I had not realized several people had gone missing, I was preoccupied with the marksmanship contest. Do you think that Widowmaker is trying to eliminate the competition before the games begin? That would most certainly tip the scales in his favor. With yourself, Alexa, and I we should be able to find some answers quickly. " Emma quickly finishes the rest of her stein and puts it down on the counter before she heads off with Emma to look for the missing Juicers.

Streetwise Roll - 10

Emma catches up with Alexa and says to her "If Widowmaker is not playing fairly, then you should proceed with caution and try to remain in public as much as possible. He will not likely attack you in public so as not to cause a scene or be accused of cheating."

"Widowmaker's gang are infamous around these parts. They cheat and love to showboat. But...they aren't murderers, beside sometime getting a little overboard."

"What do I know of Destin Knowles? Not much actually, this guy just came out of nowhere and opened this murderthon. I'm not complaining tho, haven't seen this kind of entertainment in a little while."

Emma managed to gather these tidbits of information from some of the juicers and spectators.

Toni stops to think about the rules of the Murderthon. While my Psi-Hammer is far too deadly, a regular one wouldn't tip the scales too far. I'll have to get one. Shouldn't be too expensive. The rest of my psi powers shouldn't be an issue, though. With this in mind, the Cyber Knight goes looking for a weapon shop. Once there, she spends a few minutes looking over the selection of warhammers. As she hefts one to test its weight, she asks the shopkeeper, "I have heard that the Widowmaker team is rather . . . confrontational. Have you heard of any rumors about people trying to get them in trouble, laying the blame on them for other problems?"

OOC Rolled a 4 on my Wild die, and with my +2 Charisma, I have a total of 8.

"You think it's one of the competitors? Maybe but I haven't heard or seen like that. From what I heard of the Widowmaker's Gang, they are more likely than not to have enemies out there. I mean, even saw your exchange earlier with them." As the shopkeeper keep on handing out foods to customers.

Toni shrugs. "Don't know, but it just seems too easy to blame things on the Widowmakers, with them trying to throw their weight around so much. Not that they couldn't be the ones behind the recent spate of trouble out here, but I want to go into this with open eyes."

Toni nods. "Don't knock yourself; even a humble merchant can be the bearer of the needed clue to solve the deepest of mysteries. But I understand your thoughts, and I thank you for your time, along with the sweets."

With that, she sets off to talk to Carver before the match starts up, pretty much asking him the same questions about the competitors.

"This question again, I don't know anything about that." As old man Carver appears to be grumpy to say the least and not too open to talk.

ooc: Since I know many we have new players to the system, this is mostly OOC knowledge but sometime, you will meet NPC that don't start with a good disposition/attitude toward your party for whatever reason...that's where Persuasion rolls come in. It should be noted that sometime, some npcs can't be influenced that way or have a limit how much you can improve their attitude. Just a bit of a freebie.

"Then I won't bother you any more. Thank you for your time." Toni goes off to find the rest of her team to compare notes.

The group gathers and compare notes. Missing juicers are a mystery to say the least and some people don't believe that the widowmaker's gang would do that and Toni has a theory that someone wants them to believe that the Widowmaker's gang is one doing this. The 2 hours goes fast between the investigation and questioning juicers around.

You have assembled on the field in the main arena next to the other teams. Eckert and the last member of the New Lions Pride give you an encouraging nod, while the rest of the teams mostly ignore the legionnaires.

However, Widowmaker’s gang continues to trash-talk your group as much as possible before a giant vid-screen in the center of the
arena lights up, displaying Destin Knowles.

“The murderthon is about to begin!” The speakers blare with Destin’s voice. “On your marks. Get set.” All of the juicers
hunker down and prepare for the event to start. A piercing whistle rings out, marking the official start of the event, echoed by the
speakers thundering with one final word from the promoter: “GO!"

ooc: The competition uses the chase rules slightly modified. Each juicer team is treated as a group, as they all want to reach the finish line at the same time and they have the advantage on speed and stamina by default for being juicers (+2) to their rolls. The chase rules cut the actions into five distinctive parts , the first part is just open ground and flat out running, so agility rolls are needed here. The first part you roll an agility die roll and wild die roll, as usual pick the highest result of the two. But each of you, as you are special PC/wild card, you get to roll individually, clubs always give complications. When you succeed you get one action card, if you get a raise, you get two, etc...you can only attack someone who is lower than you with the action card number, as essentially people ahead of you have outmaneuvered out one way or another. As usual, I draw the cards, if you have the choice between multiple, I'll let you know and you pick.

Current result of the action cards and potential result for the first part:
1st-Widowmaker's Gang: 10 (King of spade)
2nd-New Lions Pride: 9 (Diamond)
3rd-The Chosen: 4 (club, major complication)

The Rage Club: Fail no action cards

Kara stretches as the Legionnaires take the field. "We kinda have a deal with New Lions Pride," she says. "Don't touch them. They'll leave us alone as well. A truce, so to speak. At least until it's a fight between first and second, then it's no holds barred. And if someone is framing Widowmaker, you can bet they'll pull something while distracted with that asshole, so stay on your guard."

OOC: (4 on Agility. Also, I think I'm going to change my quirk to stretching, since I'm doing a lot of that. Mocking people in charge would just be a part of Kara's personality anyway.)

ooc: Well would you look at that...Toni draws the Joker!
The cards are getting shuffled back in and also:
Everybody due to the Joker's Wild rules get 1 bennie.

Toni you are first in the race.
Kara draws the 2 of diamond.

Will wait until everybody rolls to summarize what's going on the first part.

As the team prepares for the race, Toni will hunch down and huddle with her comrades. "Alexa, you are going to be my project today. I am going to make sure that you make it across the finish line in one piece. With my Psi-Hammer and Shield, I am going to be drawing a lot of attention to myself, so the rest of you, use the time you have to get as much distance down the track as you can."

OOC I want to use my Boost Trait ability on my Spirit. I rolled a 4 and 3, so that should raise my Spirit to a d12 for the next three rounds unless I spend more ISP to maintain it.
ISP 7
Bennies available 4

As the race prepares to start and the groups take their places, Kara spares a glance at Widowmaker's crew and their shiny black armor.

Wait a second.

"The thugs that attacked us earlier weren't a part of Widowmaker's crew," Kara says over the raido. "Widowmaker was set up. Someone's trying to fly under our radar. Don't trust anyone that ain't Legion."

Alexa nods. "Copy that. I'm keeping my eyes open, getting ready to go invisible. But don't worry too much about me; I'm going to be running my ass off to get across the line with the rest of you."

Toni says, "I was worried that might be the case. Widdowmaker seems like such a good target to hate, someone wanted us to blame them and fight, taking them out of the match before the actual race. Everyone, be on your guard."

And another joker is drawn, well there is choice between two cards:
Queen of Diamonds or Joker but guessing you are going to go with the Joker. So let see before I write down the first part its time to decide what everybody wants to do:

Toni Joker (1st in the race overall)
Emma Joker (1st in the race overall)
Kara 2 of Diamond.
Alexa 2 of Spade

Another bennie for the entire party.

Anyway was going to say as people who are above in the action cards have some option on the first part: you can decide to attack the people who are lower than you in the action cards:

Compiled list:
1st-Toni- Joker
1st-Emma- Joker
2nd-Widowmaker's Gang: 10 (King of spade)
3rd-New Lions Pride: 9 (Diamond)
4th-The Chosen: 4 (club, major complication)
5th-Kara: 2 of diamond
6th-Alexa: 2 of Spade

Last-The Rage Club: Fail no action cards, they will need to reroll on this part the next round.

But well currently Toni and Emma are safe from attack this round but with the joker can indeed choose to protect/intercept someone at any time. (read rules about joker for more details in savage world book)

Kara and Alexa action cards are too low to affect anybody during this part but so far, the tomorrow legion is winning the race.

Toni will activate her Psi Shield and Hammer, and anyone that tries to engage Kara or Alexa, she will try to intercept them with vigor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back