• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion: Murderthon

Emma will activate her greater deflection at a 6 (41/45 PPE) and keep on running. Emma looks to Toni and says "Provide them cover if you can, I'll leapfrog ahead and set up a position to provide you cover!" Emma keeps on running at top speed past the others.

Earlier Comments

"Kara is right, Widowmaker is being set up. I don't think Widowmaker has the brains or the subtlety to pull something as elaborate this ploy. He would have made a critical misstep by now. Someone else is pulling the strings I believe as Kara says. It would behoove us to keep a close eye during the event itself, our "mysterious stranger" may show their hand."

Last edited:
The competition begins at high speed, as the Tomorrow Legion Toni and Emma, are surprisingly fleet of foot, moving past the competition. Followed right behind by the Widowmaker's gang, as they notice that the New's Lions Pride are getting to them, they pull out their chain longsword and attacks them. Eckert gets in front of her teammate and manage to minimize getting hurt by the assault of the Widowmaker's gang.

The Chosen were right on their way past Alexa and Kara until, they ran into the wild and disorganized Rage Club, both team bumping into each other and rolling over, to what look like a full on brawl between the Chosen and the Rage club.

The tomorrow legion is leading the race.

Result of the first part:
Compiled list:
1st-Toni- Joker
1st-Emma- Joker
2nd-Widowmaker's Gang: 10 (King of spade)
3rd-New Lions Pride: 9 (Diamond) [Shaken condition]
4th-Kara: 2 of diamond
4th-Alexa: 2 of Spade

Last -Chosen - failed their complication roll.
Last -Rage club - failed their roll in general

The second part of the race:

There are angled rope nets and a series of wooden walls of various height from 1-6" block this part of the track.

This part requires:

Strength roll (at -2) or Climbing skill.
This is considered difficult terrain, there is a -2 penalty overall.

Cooperative rolls are a possibility. Before you make a maneuver roll here, consider if you are going to help somebody, if you do apply the multiple action penalty, this will stack if you decide to attack this round as well. (-2 for the maneuver + cooperative roll, -4 if you plan to all your rolls if you plan to attack this round as well.) This stack on top of course of the penalties listed above for the terrain or -2 if you use strength instead of climbing skill.

Result so far:

1st -New Lions Pride - 9 of Club (Major obstacle complication, Shaken condition)
2nd - Widowmaker's gang - 3 of Spade

In the first part:
Chosen - 10 (King of Heart)
Rage Club - 6 of Club (Major obstacle complication)

(Strength: Rolled a 4, spend a benny, rolled a 1, spend a benny, rolled a 2. Which means, no matter which way you cut it, I rolled less than a 1 every time.)

Alexa moves as fast as she can, feeling the blood pumping in her chest. I became a mage so I wouldn't have to do crap like this! Since there is not any signs that the groups are going to make any immediate move against her, she decides to wait on the Invisibility spell. Instead, she casts her Greater Deflection to keep her delicate skin intact.

OOC rolling Spellcasting, got a 9 for the spell, hopefully giving me the full -6 to any effort to hit me
Strength roll is a 2.
PPE 20
Staff PPE 6
Bennies 5

"I got you! Get ready to jump off of me!" Toni will reach out to grab the closest of either Kara or Alexa, and do her best to haul/throw them up the ropes to the top as she plays rear guard. Once her teammates are up, then the Cyber Knight will climb up.

OOC rolled a pair of 2's, spent a Benny to get a 6 on my Wild Die, followed by a 4. Do I keep rolling the 4, or do I stop at 10?
ISP 7, second round of Spirit Boost
Benny 4

ooc: the wild die is a d6 by default and as usual only ace again if you roll max (6), it is indeed added on top of the result, so it would be 10 (-2 terrain penalty, and -2 for the cooperative roll) for a total of 6. It adds +1 to the result for one success, so even with strength roll of 2 for Alexa, it's not enough to help her.

Now you can roll your climb check.

While Eckert and her teammate manages to shake off the previous attack, they both manage to climb the ropes and jump the wooden walls with ease. The new's lions pride is taking the lead of the competition.

Following right behind them, Emma is managing to keep up with the frenetic pace of the competition.

Behind Emma, the Widowmaker's gang is following pace, being a large group while it does have its advantage sometime come with inconvenient as well, as trying to get all the members together to go past the obstacle is a challenge.

Toni attempts to help Alexa get up on the ropes but they don't manage to make any progress. Kara tries her best but also is lacking the physical prowess to pull it off.

The chosen attempts to shoot at the rage club, but their incredible reflexes allow them to dodge the shots.

Currently in part 2:
Kara, Alexa, Toni

The Chosen
The Rage Club

Essentially same as earlier, you will need to roll again here. (See posts above)

Now part 3:

The third part of the race involves is a maze made of 4'' high wooden walls and some sections of the maze does involve also balancing on narrow sloping beams crossing over another section of slippery mud.

Agility (-2) or Smarts (-2) roll + terrain penalty at -2 is necessary here.

The participants of part 3:
Widowmaker's Gang-10 (Jack of Hearts)
Emma
New's Lions Pride - No action cards, fail

Toni will try again to get one of the others up the ropes, boosting the other women up.

OOC Using my psi power, I'll boost my Strength up. Used a Benny to get a total of a d10 on my Attribute. With that, I have rolled a 12 after the -4 penalty. Hopefully that will be enough to get someone up the ropes.

ISP 4
Strength boosted for 3 rounds
Spirit boosted for 1 more round

Emma quickly tries to keep pace with the New Lion's Pride and despite not being a juicer, her body armor's exoskeleton keeps her in the race, literally.
Emma grabs a quick gizmo off her wrist and activates it to increase her agility to help put herself into the lead.
Upon seeing the maze, Emma sprints as fast as she can to jump at the first wall and climb over it quickly before she quickly moves along the narrow balancing slopes.

OOC - Emma will be casting Greater Boost on her Agility (Weird Science roll of 10) to raise her agility from a d10 to a d12+3) (37/45 PPE)

Emma rolled a 16 for her agility roll (-2 agility penalty has already been applied).

Psychie Psychie don't forget to do your climbing roll too, the maneuver roll (the climbing).

@EmmaKendrick01 : don't forget the -2 penalty for the terrain too, but anyway so total of 14:
You have a choice between the 3 cards: Jack of Spade (10) would be higher than widowmaker, 8 clubs or 10 spade but going to assume you will pick the Jack of Spade (of course let me know if not the case).

Alright

Update in part 2:

The Rage Club-10 Jack of Clubs (Distraction: can't attack this round)
The Chosen - 8 of Hearts

Alexa finally has reached her breaking point. She snarls out, "I'm a wizard, god damn it, not some track and field star! I've had enough! Step back!" She raises up her hand and directs a massive blast of flame into the obstacle, hopefully blowing a hole through it for her and Kara to run through.

OOC Spending 8 PPE on Greater Blast, doing 3d10+2 MDC damage in a medium blast area. Spellcasting roll: 11 from my +1 on my roll from the staff. Damage done is 25 points.
PPE 20
Staff PPE 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back