• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (RWBY) Welcome To Beacon [OPEN]

Slowly working on my CS. Got the Jist of it in my mind but Backstory etc is always something i tend to bounce around upon. Personality/concept etc is far easier to keep in my mind but them again translating what's in my mind to text does always seem to lose something. Never can find the exact words....especially since the personality doesn't fully form itself until a bit of RP has taken place. Concept meets reality and forms into something else that tends to be the way.
If you're RPing as a first year, you can keep it pretty simple. Just let everyone know how you came about choosing Hunting as a profession and how you went about choosing the build of your weapon and possibly your fighting style as well. If you're a professor, do the same thing and then further your story by stating how you came about being a professor. It could be as simple as just graduating and working for a few years before deciding that you want to teach. :)

Ok kept it short and basic, sheet should be finished now....though i kept bouncing around with names given the inspiration went from Brazillian Folklore to Greek.

I'm going to drop out, now that I've seen the character sheet and regarding what happened to the last time I got into a RWBY rp.

Young_Charles99 Young_Charles99

I forgot to ask, but how much lore are we gonna take from RWBY since there's a slot for Headmaster there that isn't for Ozpin. Also asking if a character like Penny, who is a robot, is allowed.

Young_Charles99 Young_Charles99

I forgot to ask, but how much lore are we gonna take from RWBY since there's a slot for Headmaster there that isn't for Ozpin. Also asking if a character like Penny, who is a robot, is allowed.
I assume Ozpin wasn't in power the entire time during his rebirth cycles. This would be during one of the gaps that he's yet to come in. The rest of the lore will try to follow as closely as possible.

I guess a prototype wouldn't be bad. A pre-trial of something Penny was. Would you possibly have part of an aura as Penny had, possibly from a different creator outside of Atlas intelligence?

I guess a prototype wouldn't be bad. A pre-trial of something Penny was. Would you possibly have part of an aura as Penny had, possibly from a different creator outside of Atlas intelligence?

Most likely a different creator from Vale is what I'm thinking of making. As in, he had the same idea but his attempt turned out drastically different from Penny's taking a portion of Geopetto's Aura approach.

I'm thinking of, maybe, he managed to create a successful Aura Generator that must be jumpstarted with another person's aura similar to how Pyrrha unlocks Jaune's aura.

For semblance, I was thinking of maybe something that copies an effect of other semblances since this prototype wasn't built with a sense of self.

Sorry for the delay all, been a busy weekend, I’ll be looking to get my charrie up tomorrow night!

Most likely a different creator from Vale is what I'm thinking of making. As in, he had the same idea but his attempt turned out drastically different from Penny's taking a portion of Geopetto's Aura approach.

I'm thinking of, maybe, he managed to create a successful Aura Generator that must be jumpstarted with another person's aura similar to how Pyrrha unlocks Jaune's aura.

For semblance, I was thinking of maybe something that copies an effect of other semblances since this prototype wasn't built with a sense of self.
I'm not crazy about copying others semblances. It would have to be very watered down like a short time limit. Plus, the character wouldn't have the training for other semblances, so it would be learning to use it for the first time.

I mean I do recall it being kinda a thing in the show but its been a while. The Bunny girl...Velvet? Did something like that didn't she?.

I mean I do recall it being kinda a thing in the show but its been a while. The Bunny girl...Velvet? Did something like that didn't she?.
She could copy fighting styles with her semblance not copy the semblance itself.

This is for the RP excerpt
~Availability~
*Anyone is welcome to join! Please leave a comment below with a link to your character's bio as well as an excerpt of your style of RP. (It does not have to be limited to combat, but it is recommended as that will be a heavily focused aspect of this group.)

Regulus Helkaides

===​

Most would say a being a Beacon professor was a matter of pride and prestige. Most of those people came from Vale and grew up idolizing their protectors, rather, the place that raised those protectors for them. Who wouldn’t love a hero? They were the pinnacle of existence blessed with the power and the burden of strength.

But of course, not everyone was aware of the gargantuan effort it took to bring up these gungho kids into the professionals they would eventually be. Teaching was more than a job. It was a civic duty and a moral responsibility. But even more than that, it was hard work.

Damn hard work.

Regulus sat in his desk typing away at a mad pace on his computer with a large steaming pot of coffee next to him, a half-eaten bagel, and the remains of two eggs on a long cold plate. Get a teaching job his teammates said, it’d be fun they said. Lies. It was all lies. And he’d been living that damned lie for all of five years already. But a steady paycheck and the higher chances of coming home alive was just too good to pass up.

He flopped his face down onto his keyboard—vaguely aware of just how disgusting the spaces in between the keys most likely was. “I just hope these kids won’t be as mean as Senka’s class was.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back