• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom (RWBY) Welcome To Beacon [OPEN]

Young_Charles99

~WELCOME TO BEACON~
(NOTE: This RP takes placed before Team RWBY's involvement.)
Upon graduating from Signal Academy, you’ve been accepted into Vale’s own Beacon Academy. You will all be arriving by airship and meet in the theatre where you will be given a warm welcome as well as the basis of all that will happen in the morning. For the night, everyone will be sleeping together, giving everyone time to meet and greet to better familiarize yourselves with one another.

The following day will begin your experience as a student at Beacon Academy. Good luck to you all.

~Profile Information~
(*A reminder that names are usually inspirations of colors and characters are usually inspired by fairy tales/history.)
-Basic Info-
Name
Age - (1st Years are 17)
Species - (Human/Faunus)
Gender - (Male/Female)
Symbol (Optional)
Occupation - (Student/Hunter or Huntress/Professor/etc.)
Appearance
History
Personality

-Combat Info-
Color: Your aura color should reflect your name. (Ruby = Red, Weiss = White, etc.)
Abilities: Aura can be used as a means or protection as well as a weapon by projecting one's aura outward in a "push" of sort.
A person's semblance is an extension of one's self. It should be a reflection of that character's personality in a way. It also shouldn't be OP. Try giving it limitations or weaknesses in order to balance it out.
A semblance may also be used with the mixture of dust. If your character knows how to, come up with some ways that your character's semblance can be mixed together with dust.
Tank: Durable, heavy hitters that are usually somewhat slower with their attacks depending on the weapon.
Fighter: Attacks that rely on direct hits that do more critical, calculated strikes in close range.
Ranged: Distanced hitters that usually rely on speed and reflexes to get the job done.
Caster: Someone very influenced by semblances and dust, specially trained in these categories and more fragile than others.

*Teams do not require one of each class. A team can be made up of any combination. The classes are simply there to help flesh out the character's skills. (Example: Weiss would have a difficult time using Ruby's weapon perfectly because she is trained with a rapier.) It is important to match your combat style with your weapon of choice.*
Strengths - (5 or More)
Weaknesses - (5 or More)
Weapon Name
Primary Form
Secondary Form (Optional)
Final Form (Optional)

~Rules & Expectations~
1. Keep It PG: No graphic behavior that goes against the site rules or that would make others feel uncomfortable.
2. No God Mode: You aren't invincible and you can't dodge every attack.
3. Stay Active: I'm hoping to carry this RP into a second part, so if you are interested, please stay active. If anything changes, let me know and we will all work with it. *INACTIVITY AFTER TEN DAYS WILL BE SEEN AS GHOSTING AND WILL TERMINATE YOUR INVOLVEMENT!*
4. Quality Over Quantity: A short paragraph will always outweigh a novel if the content is superior. Focus more on what you're saying rather than how much you're saying. RP Lengths will vary from situation to situation, but please avoid constant use of short responses.
5. Narration: Optional, I am willing to take control of all NPCs and enemies in order to offer everyone a better chance to grow as a character so that every moment is completely planned out. This can give characters quick reactions or unexpected moments to think about an grow on. Of course, this is OPTIONAL, and does not have to be used.
6. Patience: Everyone does have lives outside of the site. Patience is key, but so is keeping up with the RP. Inform everyone if you will be needing time away or anything else. If someone is taking time to respond, amidst an RP, give them their time to respond. They could be dealing with serious matters in their lives.

~Availability~
*Anyone is welcome to join! Please leave a comment below with a link to your character's bio as well as an excerpt of your style of RP. (It does not have to be limited to combat, but it is recommended as that will be a heavily focused aspect of this group.)
Headmaster
Professors
1. Artemis Silver Burr
2. Regulus Helkaides
Students (First Years)
1. Macey Louis
2. Lilly Prasino
3. Kohle Ikirimu
4. North Starr
5. Arséne Arcueid
6. Geist Grauwolke
7. Korin Redstar
8. Eis Sturm
9. Yuki Meng
10. Alium Clematis

Last edited:
Hoo boy, alright I'll throw down some interest in the hopes this'll be part of the one in a hundred that gets past the initial assessment.

I’ll toss in my interest as a student, been a long time since I’ve seen a RWBY rp around!

I'll toss in a student or a prof, but first, do you allow multiple characters or are we only allowed 1?

I'll toss in a student or a prof, but first, do you allow multiple characters or are we only allowed 1?
If there are still slots left open when we're ready to begin, I'll allow some people to play two roles. I would like enough people so that everyone can play as a single character if possible.

I would say to make a profile for both characters. There may be the chance you can use them both.

Last edited:
Interested in being a student! But question, are all characters required to be from Vale?

Last edited:
I'm down to play both a student and a prof. If need be

Will there be a CS page at all? Or do you want sheets dumping in here?

Anyone who is interested, please don't forget to create a bio for your character and add all info required above. I'm hoping to get the RP started by Monday, mid-day.

Go ahead and make your profiles in the extra page of the forum and leave a comment with a link to them. If that seems like a lot, I don't mind people putting their profiles as a comment.
So make individual threads for each CS in the forum where pages for multiple CS' go?

Slowly working on my CS. Got the Jist of it in my mind but Backstory etc is always something i tend to bounce around upon. Personality/concept etc is far easier to keep in my mind but them again translating what's in my mind to text does always seem to lose something. Never can find the exact words....especially since the personality doesn't fully form itself until a bit of RP has taken place. Concept meets reality and forms into something else that tends to be the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back