• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY - Turn To Dust

What should we name the academy in Atlas?

• Aatos Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Refuge Academy

• Shield Academy

• Fortress Academy

• Sanctuary Academy

• Stronghold Academy

• Bastion Academy

• Titan Academy

• Forge Academy

• Bunker Academy

• Total voters
Azul won't raise his hand unless he feels that evil is being committed and eve nthen he'll only use his semblance when he feels serious.Light usage might be seen but, nothing heavy like he'd whip out to take out a real bad guy.

Thread's up for any who wants t' get over n' get a look at the emptiness of it all. Reason it took some time was simply because I wanted to get it up only after having everything for the first part of the RP planned out just in case I run into issues figuring out future plot. Going to be planning things ahead of time, after all.

RWBY - Turn To Dust

You can, though it'd be best to hold off if you already decided upon a team with other people. It's easier if I can just see all four members of a team at once when approving or denying a team; makes it easier to accept the team as a whole rather than end up accepting the characters, but not have a functioning team which I can approve.

@Kiyoko Tomoe

I have a few question, isn't atlas pretty anti-faunus being a militant country that has also militarized the school, which was supposed to be apart from the government. Also why are we rping in atlas? I think having the government involved will limit our freedom as players

MsPolite said:
@Kiyoko Tomoe
I have a few question, isn't atlas pretty anti-faunus being a militant country that has also militarized the school, which was supposed to be apart from the government. Also why are we rping in atlas? I think having the government involved will limit our freedom as players
Actually, Atlas wouldn't be anti-faunus, just anti-White Fang. As for government involvement, that's not an issue for the players' freedom. Heck, only plot and common sense rules limit player freedom here, which pretty much all RP's have those limitations.

(Just in case people haven't found the OOC)

Anyone want to be on a team with Violet Floradonno, a friendly, spunky, and outdoorsy cat Faunus who wields a pair of axes that can combine into a battle ax and shoot out energy waves.

Or you could be on a team with Silver Valmet, a serious, no-nonsense, and closed off human being that wields a sniper rifle/scythe that utilizes Ice Dust.

shadowdude505 said:
(Just in case people haven't found the OOC)
Anyone want to be on a team with Violet Floradonno, a friendly, spunky, and outdoorsy cat Faunus who wields a pair of axes that can combine into a battle ax and shoot out energy waves.

Or you could be on a team with Silver Valmet, a serious, no-nonsense, and closed off human being that wields a sniper rifle/scythe that utilizes Ice Dust.
Arora/Grazia would love to be on a team with either of those characters (though I've read more about Violet when she was Maylea and would prefer to work with her).

Lockett said:
What's your character like?
Let me get her personality:

Saphir's personality is a bit muddled. More often than not, she’s exceedingly intellectual. Having knowledge on subjects she can’t remember learning about yet wouldn’t think twice about correcting you. Not so much for the learning opportunity, yet for the pure humor of comical reactions. Saphir is also quite serious, yet that doesn’t mean she hates sarcasm. Trust me, it’s used often.

Then we have a bit of a difference. Saphir can be immature, having to making that joke at the wrong time. Sarcastic, as mentioned above. Not often, but when needed she won’t hold back a retort in this manner. A tad antisocial. Not wanting to get involved with unnecessary social interactions. But, once she has warmed up to one you will be sure to have numerous discussions on diverse topics. This make Saphir a bit harder to “get used to” than others. Learning how to deal with Saphir is a taxing process, although more than one person has succeeded in this.

StoneWolf18 said:
Let me get her personality:
Saphir's personality is a bit muddled. More often than not, she’s exceedingly intellectual. Having knowledge on subjects she can’t remember learning about yet wouldn’t think twice about correcting you. Not so much for the learning opportunity, yet for the pure humor of comical reactions. Saphir is also quite serious, yet that doesn’t mean she hates sarcasm. Trust me, it’s used often.

Then we have a bit of a difference. Saphir can be immature, having to making that joke at the wrong time. Sarcastic, as mentioned above. Not often, but when needed she won’t hold back a retort in this manner. A tad antisocial. Not wanting to get involved with unnecessary social interactions. But, once she has warmed up to one you will be sure to have numerous discussions on diverse topics. This make Saphir a bit harder to “get used to” than others. Learning how to deal with Saphir is a taxing process, although more than one person has succeeded in this.
I think someone intellectual would be a great pairing with Pazzo. Let me post my stuff for him now.

Pazzo has a more tragic past than anything. Pazzo was one of those unfortunate souls to face the darker sides of Vacuo. Living with a mother and father who were dirt poor, his father made ends meet by doing unmentionable favors for the higher ups; his mother same but in a much more..degrading fashion if you catch my drift. One day, his father came home and went straight into Pazzo's room, screaming for him to run as quick as he could. Minutes later, men dressed very similar to Atlas' colors burst into the doors; killing both his father and capturing his mother.

As he would later find out, during one of his father's favors, he told the organization "I'll get the job done! I'll put my own damn son on the line for this!"..Obviously he failed. As you know, Penny stated she was the first synthetic person capable of generating an aura..or at least she was the first shown to the public. What if there were others created? Other tests being ran?

What I'm suggesting is the presence of a darker side of the once known lore. An organization called the New World Project who sought to do the same thing as General Ironwood but in a bit more twisted fashion. They didn't want to take humans off the streets, they wanted to improve them, advance them - augment them. This New World Project was one of the many shady deals Pazzo's father was involved in; the same deal that cost him his life and Pazzo's freedom.

Pazzo was taken around age six, had his memory wiped, and had been subject to a grandiose amount of experiments done to his body. After finding out about Penny through (insert devilsh methods here), it only fueled them to create something that would prove superior to their technology; Pazzo was that something.

After being subject to years of torture via experimentation, Pazzo passed all of the augmentation tests; the lab successfully replacing the human organs with mechanical inner-workings. Now, this occurred while at the age of ten, three years has passed since then. Let me take a moment to briefly explain Pazzo's body and what exactly it does.

As you said before, Pazzo's body is only able to use dust, that's all he'll need. His body is designed to harness the power of the colored crystals through a tiny crystallized dust ring located on his forehead. This ring swaps crystals in a manner similar to Weiss' blade, the only difference being that his eye color also adjusts to the color of the dust being used. Now how is it used you ask?

Pazzo is able to channel the element currently used throughout his entire body; resulting in his hand rising up and letting out a eruption of flame or his eyes emitting a blinding light. Another alternative method is for Pazzo to channel them through a Halberd/Rifle weapon designed specifically for his use. The halberd itself is rather useless and doesn't do much, it's how he uses it with his channeling ability that makes it amazing. Engulfing the blade in flames, shooting lightning from the tip, using wind instead of a bullet in the barrel to create psuedo-thrusters. I'm not entirely sure which elements he'll be able to use and which he won't but I think you get the idea.

Now back to why Pazzo has come to beacon. During the three years he spent getting used to his new form, Pazzo was sent on mission after mission to do more than your average under-handed job - in short - he was a mercenary. (Think of the anime Gunslinger Girl when thinking of Pazzo's jobs). Everything seemed fine at first, until Pazzo grew bored of it all. Killing the same types over and over again, it'd gotten boring for the heartless wonder; that's when - on this 13th birthday - he'd discovered Beacon Academy.

Seeing this as a method to test their new product, NWP found it almost necessary to send him as soon as possible; Pazzo there for a much more simplistic reasoning..Love.

That's right. Love.

Pazzo had reached the age of 13 - and despite how much he'd been augmented, they couldn't remove his brain; or at least the function of the brain. Pazzo's brain was replaced with a metallic structure that was meant to function like the brain. He'd still have emotions, just with a less squishy motherboard. That aside, Pazzo finally reached he age we all dread..Teenage Years.

Pazzo wanted to find a girl worthy of the fight. He craved a challenger that was cute and could knock him out if he played dumb. He wanted to find someone that would last more than a few seconds with him and the ring; so badly he would kill for it.

Pazzo's involvement isn't going to be that hard to figure out. At that impressionable age, kids often think they are immortal; you're just looking at a kid who has every single reason to believe so.

Plot wise, Pazzo of course is eventually going to get knocked down a peg or two by whomever it is he fights. Pazzo will also eventually find a girl and fall in love. I also plan for Pazzo's origins to eventually be brought to light; a huge character plot involve Pazzo and future augmented humans who seek to destroy the first of the series. I was thinking maybe getting a few characters(Maybe those in his team) to come with him and eventually put a stop to the New World Project; not wanting them to create anyone else like him and his brethren.

Azul is a bit older at 19 he spent a year or so training to make sure he was good enough for Fortress.With a spear in hand he'll proudly go on about how great Atlas is and how he'll stop at nothing to protect it.He doesn't want to become a free roaming hunter he wishes to become a Special Operative under the Atlesian Military. You'll notice that he's quite modest about his accomplishments not one to stand up and brag about how great he is. In fact he never even takes anything seriously with his semblance rarely seen.A man of strength, virtue and Honor Azul stands at the ready.Outside fo things like that he's a kind person who enjoys relaxing.

Jade is currently 17, entering the Academy at the average age. She's quite a special case and many are unsure if she was sent here to keep an eye on her or because she actually will become a Hunter. She always seems a bit off whether it's mumbling to herself or breaking something. She's a destructive and thrill-seeking person with seemingly endless energy. One would be a fool to not notice her tall and bulky stature, which suits her fighting style. Despite the crazy in her personality she's the first person to get in a bullies face if she catches them messing with someone not tolerating fun at others expense.Yet it's becoming obvious that she's starting to lose herself in her fights sometimes.

StoneWolf18 said:
Hmm, so I'm assuming it's not limited to just ears or a tail, right?
Damn it...so many options now..
My RWBY character is a gorilla faunus that is covered in fur. I use a picture from Planet of the Apes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back