• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom RWBY - Turn To Dust

What should we name the academy in Atlas?

• Aatos Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Refuge Academy

• Shield Academy

• Fortress Academy

• Sanctuary Academy

• Stronghold Academy

• Bastion Academy

• Titan Academy

• Forge Academy

• Bunker Academy

• Total voters
Battering ram, greatsword, pitchfork, ridiculous hammer (where the hitting part is potentially much larger than the stick).

If you don't already have a ranged function in mind: antitank gun, elephant gun, perhaps an electrical/energy weapon, etc.

Beowulf 's weapon will be a halberd combined with dual-wield sawed-off shotguns .

The generator has spoken. But I might switch it to dual elephant guns. And change it to a great axe. Or a minigun lance. Or an antitank claymore. Oh the decisions!!

Beowulf said:
Beowulf 's weapon will be a halberd combined with dual-wield sawed-off shotguns .
The generator has spoken. But I might switch it to dual elephant guns. And change it to a great axe. Or a minigun lance. Or an antitank claymore. Oh the decisions!!
Just remember Monster Hunter had Gunlances first

Oh, you've played MH? I was actually thinking of it when I said minigun lance. Unlike the monster hunter variant which is like a shotgun sometimes and a massive welding torch other times.

Beowulf said:
Oh, you've played MH? I was actually thinking of it when I said minigun lance. Unlike the monster hunter variant which is like a shotgun sometimes and a massive welding torch other times.
I just call it the real Boomstick

It is a boomstick. Tried maining it, turns out I liked the insect glaive much more. Unless it isn't 4u, then it'd be dual swords.

Beowulf said:
It is a boomstick. Tried maining it, turns out I liked the insect glaive much more. Unless it isn't 4u, then it'd be dual swords.
I dabble in the two, with some long sword work too.

The glaive is great for mobility but I also like the tankiness and punch from boomsticks

I love the glaive, It's all about location, location, location. Then sending your bug out to get the red and the white then going for the mount. Get the yellow if you can but I have G Najarala armor so I don't need the earplugs.

I got rid of Sterling Ivory and Ebony so now I've got Rosa, Jade and Lydia[Alicia]. Does anyone have a specific letter they need to fill their team it'll help on naming my one male OC for this rp.

Imma make the name of my character the same that I make most of my characters, Connor McKinley. But if I must, then Gareth Bryne. And if I absolutely have to, I guess I'll come up with some other name.

And I have settled on my veapon. Great axe that splits to be used as either dual tomahawks or dual elephant guns.

Color Name Rule (all names must be a color, mean a color, sound like a color, or make you think of a color). According to Monty Oum, all of the characters in the series except Ozpin follow it, and I believe it was mentioned in a previous post that names here should follow it.

It doesn't have to be english though. It could be any language or some sort of way that makes you think of a color. (Blake=Black)

Maybe something that sounds like orange, or is orange? How about Monarch, for monarch butterflies? Or something that has "fire" in its meaning? Or "Copper"?

I have an orange-themed character (Arora/Grazia Naranjo), so I know it's a tough color. But it's not impossible! You just have to think of orange things, which can be hard. c:

EDITED to avoid double post: I know plants may seem kind of feminine, but maybe they can help with your character's last name? Here's a list of orange flowers by botanical name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a site with some names that means orange in different languages (20000-NAMES.COM: Color Names, Page 3 of 4). However they're female names, so a bit troubling if your OC is male. Though it also has other names for different colors too if orange is too hard.

Don't forget you can also base your OC off of someone from literature and history if you need more inspiration (Like Ruby = Red Riding Hood). One tale I can think of is the Irish tale of Stingy Jack, the legend related to the jack-o'-lantern. Pumpkins and embers are orange, so yeah. Good luck!

My brain just came up with an interesting concept for a RWBY character. Since the members of team RWBY have literary references I was thinking of a character with elements of Frakenstein or Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. His Semblance puts him in a beserker rage and his weapon could be something like Yang's. I feel like he'd work better as a faculty member instead of a student, perhaps one of Fortress' battle medics. Someone who hates violence and non-Grimm deaths but also vocalizes his regret for doing the same things when he looses control.

@Kiyoko Tomoe If some of us could RP as faculty I'd love to use this type of character on a cameo basis. Or I could flesh it out for you to use. Either way this was just an idea I had and wanted to get it out there before I forgot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm... that red panda in your signature looks kind of orange. Maybe you could call your character "[red-meaning name] Panda"?

shadowdude505 said:
My brain just came up with an interesting concept for a RWBY character. Since the members of team RWBY have literary references I was thinking of a character with elements of Frakenstein or Dr. Jelyll/Mr. Hyde. His Semblance puts him in a beserker rage and his weapon could be something like Yang's. I feel like he'd work better as a faculty member instead of a student, perhaps one of Fortress' battle medics. Someone who hates violence and non-Grimm deaths but also vocalizes his regret for doing the same things when he looses control.
@Kiyoko Tomoe If some of us could RP as faculty I'd love to use this type of character on a cameo basis. Or I could flesh it out for you to use. Either way this was just an idea I had and wanted to get it out there before I forgot.
Ah, faculty are not available for players at the moment. I may open it up to players for playing teachers, but currently I'll be making the school staff and playing them. Nice idea though, and as such I would like you to use it for your own character, probably a teacher if you don't mind going through it step-by-step with me, meaning I review the character at each step as well as we properly put together a teaching/staff role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back