• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Sovereignty of Ages OOC and CS

Its cool. We'll have this up sometime tonight, but I work till 11 tonight. I promise it will be ready to go asap.

Name: Myst Samena

Nickname: N/A

Aura Color: Like her name suggest her aura looks like mist

Appearance: Very small and has child like features if you didn't know you would think she is a child with her grey curly hair that is tied up into two pigtails and her bright blue almost white eyes always sparkling and looking for the next adventure small freckles are splattered across her face as well she usually wears a long sleeved sweater with a skirt, knee high socks, and cute little loafers to match

Oh my... and how often will restaurants think she wants a kid's meal and free ice cream? I envy her power lol

Every time lol like I can imagine it she's walking around campus and people are like "Who lost their kid?" And she just death glares "I AM A STUDENT!!"

My patience is infinite, but since space and time are curved the infinite eventually bends back on itself and ends up where it started, and I feel like I'm starting to reach that point.

Ah well. I'm almost home, so I guess this just means I have time to make those changes I wanted.

I didn't mean for it to sound as though I was complaining. It's more I have an understanding of your feeling impatient last night. xD

I have finished my revisions to my character sheet, although it's mostly just adding a couple things as far as equipment and such. I just hope I'm not going to far with this. o_o

Name: Carmine Awazi

Nickname: Carmine the Red

Height: 6'0"

Race: Faunas-cat with a tail, but he keeps it hidden under his shirt the majority of the time.

Aura Color: A Crimson Red

Former school association: Sanctum Academy

Skills: Adept combatant due to extra-curricular training received at home. He took up sewing and other related hobbies to foster his connection to a mother he hasn't seen in years. Consequently he's adopted the practice of Dust-Weaving to make his clothing functional as well as stylish.

Semblance:
Blink: Carmine can (for brief periods of time) move at heightened speeds great enough where he seems to blink out of existence, almost as if he were teleporting from one location to another. Due to the nature of his semblance Carmine keeps its use to single motion movements, and while multiple movements can be strung together the risk of causing an accident increases proportionally to the number of added movements beyond what can be safely executed

Fighting style: Emphasis on offense and evasion with a preference to parry or dodge before countering rather than blocking attacks.

Weaponry/Accessories:
Cerise Partisan: Named for Carmine's mother and his primary weapon, Cerise Partisan is the weapon he created after running away from home and starting at signal academy. An outwardly unremarkable looking cane, Cerise Partisan holds a number of secrets within its frame. The blade hidden within Cerise Partisan can be fully extended through the bottom of the cane, unsheathed from the top, and part at the middle to reveal the muzzle of a sidearm powered by a combination of aura and dust, although it can function with aura alone. The gun function can be used whilst sheathed in the shaft for long distance shots, and small dust canisters are held within the curved end of the cane.

Crimson Vine: Named for his father, Crimson Vatra. A threaded cane capable of transforming into a whip-sword hybrid weapon, Crimson Vine was Carmine's primary weapon. Crafted with the assistance of his father during his days at Sanctum Academy it now serves as little more than a reminder of what he once had, what he lost, and he only trains with Crimson Vine in solitude. Perhaps due to the painful memories it holds or its very nature, the use of Crimson Vine brings forth a more aggressive fighting style where every strike is designed to cause the maximum damage possible. Since leaving Mistral Carmine has modified Crimson Vine to be collapsible so he can keep it hidden.

Dust Gloves: Used primarily for retrieving his weapons via gravity dust, although they can be used for single offensive bursts. Additional Dust Fabric Layers can be applied to amplify or alter their effects.

Dust Cuffs: An optional addition to Carmine's gloves to increase their length and versatility as the situation demands.

Gravity Module: A small cointainer held within each of Carmine's weapons that holds gravity dust for their propulsion and retrieval.

Modified Sewing Machine: A sewing machine modified by Carmine to be collapsible for ease of carrying. It carries a set number of different colored threads treated with dust according to color (fire for red, gravity for purple, etc), and is powered manually with a pedal to keep the dust from activating on accident.

Appearance: Carmine has shoulder length red hair, emerald green eyes, the lean, muscular build of a runner, fair skin, and wears a suit. The pants, shoes, and bowler hat are all black, and his shirt is white with a flame onto the left chest pocket. The flame is a luxurious shade of crimson, as is his vest, tie, the band and feather on his bowler hat, and the lining of his blazer, vest, and trench coat (all black with a flame sewn onto the breast pocket). All of his T-Shirts are emblazoned with a large flame stitched onto the back.

Personality: Carmine is kind and caring by nature, but has also grown reclusive and solitary due in part to his past. He believes in creating and nurturing strong bonds, but is quick to anger when others are being mistreated, denigrated, or subjected to racism.

Backstory: Carmine Awazi was born to Crimson Vatra and Cerise Awazi (who were human and faunus respectively), and the house he lived in was one filled with love. Carmine's father was a huntsman, and was consequently away on missions half of the time, but he always made up for it be bring back a souvenir or two along with some new stories to share. Carmine's mother wasn't just a stay at home mom either. She was a strong proponent for faunus rights and would work tirelessly to help others out of bad situations.
Carmine decided early on that he wanted to be a huntsman like his father so he could fight to protect everyone just like his parents. He applied for Sanctum Academy, created Crimson Vine with a little help from his dad, and applied himself to his studies with an unmatched zeal for those in his year. When his father was home Carmine would pester him to help with combat training, and Carmine's heritage gained from his mother allowed him to quickly create and grow adept in his own combat style as well as normal combat styles.
During the summer he would take up stitching and other craft work so he could spend more time with her by helping her make new clothing. This led to him crafting his own custom suit to both exude style and catch the attention of someone he had a crush on. Although he had mixed results at first the style and grace with which he comported himself in training quickly changed the minds of his fellow classmates.
The years Carmine spent with his family were the happiest of his life, but they were soon brought to a tragic end. His parents began growing distant from one another, the atmosphere became tense, and one night a conversation they had turned first into an argument, and then a shouting match. Carmine tried and failed to tune it out before slinking away and hiding in his room. The shouting match became a fight, and Carmine went rigid as he closed his eyes and clapped his hands over his ears.
Eventually the fight stopped and Carmine's mother came to his room to assure him that everything would be all right. Carmine put on a brave face for his mother, but when he awoke the next morning his mother was gone even though she had stayed with him until he fell asleep. Carmine couldn't focus at school that day, and when he came home he confronted his father. He wanted–no, needed to know what happened and why. His father refused to talk about it, and the more he refused the more insistent Carmine became until the argument and fight that followed became even worse than what he had heard the previous night. The fighting ended when Carmine's father slammed him into a wall as he berated him for his thoughtless provocations before sending him to his room. Carmine cried himself to sleep that night.
When Carmine awoke the next morning he found a note written to him by his father. He had been called away on a long-term mission and didn't know when he would be back, so he'd left a generous amount of Lien for Carmine so he could fend for himself for a while. Instead of going to school like normal Carmine sat alone in the living room the entire morning as he considered what to do. In the end he decided he couldn't stay. His father had raised a hand to both himself and his mother. That much was clear, as was his mother's leaving either due to fearing for her safety or because she had been thrown out. Carmine didn't know where his mother was, but he did remember her mentioning that she had parents in Vale.
Carmine packed everything he owned save for the furniture in his room, pocketed his mother's necklace along with the Lien his father had left for him, and booked passage on the first flight headed to Vale. Once there he tracked down his parents, explained his situation to them along with the need for both shelter and a way to contact his mother, and at the request of his mother (once she was reached), was given a place to stay. He immediately applied for Signal Academy where he crafted Cerise Partisan, quietly applied himself to his studies, and continued pursuing his training to attend Beacon Academy so he could become a Huntsman and keep others from suffering the same kind of sorrow he had endured.

Thank you. Now to see if two gravity techniques interfere with each other during a landing strategy. *chuckles mischievously*
Nah, I'm just kidding...or am I? >=)

Zai: - let's loose with a barrage of gravity rounds and blasts his way to the temple relics, all the while cackling like a mad man and having the time of his life.

Heh, nice. xD

So, three questions.
1: When will you be home from work where you have access to a full computer again?
2: About how much longer do you think it will be before the IC thread is up?
3: Do you have a skeletal version of the first post to help expedite things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back