• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Argead

Habs a long time ago on FeralFront
latest

Somewhere in the Kingdom of Mistral...
The arguing was incessant. Constant, like the rhythm of the sea crashing against the shoreline before retreating back into the depths of the ocean. It had been like this for many moons, ever since the death of the late Regent left Mistral's council without a nominal leader. The Regent had died rather...suspiciously to say the least, the evidence available suggested foul play on the part of a rather vocal portion of the council that represented the Northern Territories that nominally facilitated trade with Mistral's oldest ally, the Kingdom of Mantle, which now flew under the flag of Atlas. Whether or not the Northern cities were responsible for such an attack was up in the air, they certainly would benefit the most from such an assassination. Without the Regent, the Northern cities gained leg room to dominant the council or possibly as the South accused them, finally achieve the succession that they had sought out so vigorously during the Great War...But she knew better, these old aristocrats were easy to play against each other, trapped in their ways, never retreating from a verbal conflict with one another. The Regent had managed to reign in these tendencies, finally convincing the many counts and dukes of the kingdom that the only path forward was that of peace and cooperation. It was so, so very easy to change that opinion without dear old Claudius and the boot he had managed to jam in the back of Mistral. She chuckled dryly to herself as the lead representative of the North slammed a form on the counter before retreating from the room. The tinder was in place, all that was required now was a single spark to tear down the entire rotten structure, and she intended to burn this failed state to the ground, block by block if necessary...
------------------------------------------
Hey everyone! That little passage above is from an old roleplay that I started up on a different website a little over three years ago today that is based off of Monty Oum's RWBY with some world modifications to add in a bit more political intrigue. Essentially I went in and wrote up a couple of blurbs which centered around creating different Duchies and internal governments as well as going in and attempting to give the cannon governments a more more grounded approach to try to invoke that classical 'kingdoms of old' feeling as well as an "old meets new" one and to help set up the plot for the roleplay. The plot centers around the kingdom of Mistral specifically as well as Haven Academy and would involve our heroes setting out to unravel a conspiracy headed by those who desire a return to power and prominence in the kingdom while juggling everyday teenage life and schoolwork. I had a lot of fun writing all of it up back in the day and while it was a fun roleplay it didn't end up getting very far in the grand scheme of things so I would be more than happy to give things another shot with the concept rather than just tossing it out the window, if people are interested of course. As for the blurbs I will be going back and rewriting them to modernize the short stories and to revamp some ideas with them.

I'm also still trying to adjust to RP nation so please forgive my poor formatting and coding.

Some rules and thoughts with this:

1. Please respect the general site rules
2. No god modding please and no controlling other player's characters without their permission
3. Lets try and keep the semblances grounded and balanced please
4. Characters based on myths are encouraged but not required ie. Ozpin and the wizard of Oz
5. Same goes for characters with color themed names.
6. Please be reasonably active, life happens and comes first but please try and post at least every two days or so. If anything comes up or if you're unable to meet that just let me know and I'll be more than happy to wait/work around it.
7. This is all for fun in the end, please be respectful of each other
8. Finally, my door is always open to questions, thoughts, suggestions, criticism, and concerns so feel free to pm me and I will try and get back to you as fast as I can :D

This plot would probably work best for 4 to 5 players but depending on interest and activity I can probably fit more than that in. If you are interested in this feel free to reply to the thread or pm me :D

Character Thread

Last edited:
Ah the RWBY franchise. I've fallen off of it for the most recent seasons, but it was always a world that I thought could be interesting to explore. I'd be down for giving this a go!

Perfect! When I get a chance here I’ll get everything set up!
To anyone else interested feel free to drop by :D

Yup, I should be able to squeeze you two in here. I was out with my friends there for a bit but after I get set up here I should be able to get the character thread up soonish.

Sure thing! I am in the process of finishing the sign up thread currently but the more the merrier

Alrighty! All of the Extra pages for the thread are now up and ready to go. They should be accessible from the character thread which a hyperlink in the opening post now leads to if you haven't been pinged over there or want a convenient way to move between them.

I'm extremely excited to see what everyone comes up with :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back