• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom RWBY: Grimm Hunter (An RWBY X Monster Hunter Crossover)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Alright, Damian!" Sonora had felt a hint of aggression from Damian as he glared at Cassie, Clifford especially, and Lapis. She could not help but feel that something was off. She wanted to ask, but felt like it would make things worse for him. So she just got up, and wobbled inside with her ears drooped down. Soon after, everyone else entered the mansion, save for a small Glavenus, who was accompanied by Gamora Hakum. "Ok, Blaze! We got a straggler on that tree! CHOP IT INTO DURAMBOROS FOOD!!" She ordered as Blaze sharpened his tail, the grinding metal tail against special fangs on his facial plating. He growled as he walked to the tree, his tail growing red hot. And with a swing of his tail, the tree was cut clean horizontally, and then knocked down the trunk. "TIMBER!!!" She exclaimed as the tree crashed to the ground. "Good boy!! You are definitely getting extra steak when we get home!" She said as she went in, and ordered him to stay where he was. With annoyed growl, the beast complied.

with the table set for everyone, and everyone in their seats. Sonora could not help but feel... afraid, for Damian. And afraid of him. She couldn't look at his glare, knowing that asking about it, especially in front of everyone, would just probably upset him even more. She dropped her ears, and the subject. She ate slowly and quietly as Magnus looked over at her, distraught. "So, Lapis. Where are you from?" Magnus asked, trying to break the ice with the new huntress. The Gamoras looked at Lapis intently as if she was about to make an important speech. Clifford stayed quiet after Damian glared at him, fearing that somehow he pissed the man off more than usual. He became rather submissive around Damian and Cassie, maybe it would be best, maybe not. CapRock CapRock Karcen Karcen nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

Peter

After getting dropped from the tree - and changing some clothes - Peter had finally joined the group again. He could feel the tension in the air sparked from the Sterlings and their pairs, and it weighted down the mood of the table significantly. Cassie and Yukari were both busy at the kitchen, so this looked very much like a job for the resident goofball of the team. He put on his most cheerful face and said:

"You guys should have seen Lapis! She approached this angry hound that was scaring everyone on the park like it was nothing. And then, she... Hang on a minute. What did you do to that dog, exactly? Was that related to your semblance? I can summon portals too, but I got the feeling they're a little different."

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Lord0fFate Lord0fFate nimona nimona Karcen Karcen

Lapis thought how to answer the question of where she was from for a moment she could be general , but that likely was not the thing they wanted, instead a city name was likely better. The issue there was that she doubted they would have been anywhere near her home and if they had it would raise questions. While Lapis did not fear the questions or the answers she simply found answering them to be very tedious in explaining what she had done. Thus something vague was likely the best answer.

" A small city to the south you have likely never heard of it so it's name doesn't matter" She said her monotone implying she didn't care about where she had come from so much it's name didn't matter even to her.

Then peter spoke up about the dog, wolf should be ready for a short showing by now. Lapis had seen nothing wrong with what she had done an animal's life had only so much worth and now she had made it wroth more and granted it a longer life free of any true suffering. Still some might take it an odd way for they had an attachment to them Lapis didn't really understand, empathy was something she could not get an understanding of.

" The portals are rifts openings to another smaller dimension the dog is dead" She said flatly the dog had to most died it was no longer what it had been " Come wolf" She said and from another rift emerged a much large canine like creature that resembled a grimm with a black body and white plates that seeming to emit an almost blue hue from itself. while wolf was on beowolf it was clearly fearsome " All living things that enter the realm aside from me are remade"

Upon hearing Lapis speak, she felt slightly unnerved by her. But what became the nail on the coffin was when Lapis explained her semblance. Her partner being disgruntled was bad enough, now a murderer of dogs was amongst them. She shook her head, and sighed. "Excuse me, I am not really feeling well right now." She said before getting up, and hobbling to her room, while it was true that she was feeling her tummy starting to hurt, like indigestion, but she just did not want to be around all the tension, or the fact that lapis is so nonchalant about killing animals to make minions. "Things just keep getting better and better... I need a nap..." She thought as went into her room, and closed the door to lay on her and Damian's bed. "Why is he so upset? What did I do to piss him off!?" She thought as she looked out the window, the view of the trees swaying left and right were entrancing. She stared and stared, until she eventually felt sleepy.

"Well... Um... that is something. A dead dog that became a minion... Not the worst I have seen..." Clifford said as he tried to process what he just saw, a beowulf like creature emerging from a portal. But then, he watched as Sonora walked off away from the table. He could really feel the tension, and grew even more nervous as he did not know who was going to snap first. "Hey, honey? Would you like me to grab you anything to drink?" He asked in a shakey voice, clearly wanting to step away to breathe and calm himself. He did not know what even happened to cause this much tension, but he did not like it a single bit.

The three Gamoras looked on in awe and wonder as the beowulf emerged, looking fearsome with its blue aura.
"Fascinating! So that is your semblance, eh? I just wish I had my notebook... I would be writing all this down!" Astera exclaimed as Bherna scoffed and Hakum giggled. "Never figured ya for a note taker. When did you become so attentive to detail?" Bherna chided. "I am researcher, sister. I have to keep note of all things anatomy and biology when it comes to monsters, but Lapis is a person whose semblance interests me." Astera scolded as Wayne held her hand, staying quiet throughout the whole interaction. "You know, if you wanted, I can have you copy things off of my monster list sometime! We could compare entries!" Hakum chimed in as Oakris hopped onto Astera's lap, and sat down next to her, like a small child sharing a seat with its mother.

"Interesting... I'd rather you do that to animals than people... I do not think that death is worse than this..." Magnus muttered. "It is rather fearsome... I just hope Aslan, my grandson, does not see that creature." He sighed as he watched Sonora walk off, shaking his head. "Moving on, Lapis, How long have you been a huntress?" Karcen Karcen CapRock CapRock nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

Peter

"The dog is... Dead"
Peter repeated those words out loud, as if he was attempting to understand their meaning. Flinching at the wolf-like Grimm's sudden appearance, he watched in awestruck terror as everyone trated it like a normal occurence, chatting and commending the dog corpse. Not wanting to be the odd one out, Peter put out a timid hand over the dog and gave it a few pats, saying:
"H-hey there pal..." He then quickly retreated his hand and casually dragged his chair far away from the thing. "That is... A wonderful semblance you have, Lapis. Let's just hope nobody trips into them, am I right? Hehe... He." He added, scratching his nape awkwardly.
"I'll take some water, honey." Cassie told Clifford, her words sounding heavy and harsh, as if they scraped their way out of her throat. A few drops of sweat formed up in her forehead. She got up suddenly and, after a bit of hesitation, paced her way to the corridor. She swerved by Damian's chair on the way there and clenched his arm in a not so friendly manner. "I wanna take some air. Why don't you walk me, brother?"
"Huh? ...Oh." Damian glanced up and, upon making contact with his sister's glare, flinched slightly. Without saying another word, he got up and let her drag him into the corridor with the look of a defeated man. Peter watched with genuine concern as they disappeared into the room.
*SLAP*
*POW*
*CRASH*
A few moments later, Cassie wlked back, seemingly a bit calmer, and took a seat again.
"I'm sorry. Damian is feeling ill and he'll be taking a little rest. That is a nice pet you have there, Lapis. I bet he'll love playing with our Hoppes!" She added, as if nothing had happed.
Exhasperated by the growing madness around him, Peter dropped his head into the table and sighed. Yuraki noticed his despair and gave him a little pat on the top of the head, recognizing that at least he tried.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Lord0fFate Lord0fFate Karcen Karcen nimona nimona

" Only a few years i am only 17" lapis said meaning she had only really graduated and become a full huntress not long ago, though of course she would have been fighting grimm before and during her time at beacon.

It seemed that the other assumed that no human had been taken into her realm, that was a mistake her first guardians were her own parents and while not strictly human they counted as such in many circles. It was thus that she had two human guardians, though she had not been aware of the result when she had first used her power. Still Lapis was picky and she was not going to just take anyone or even those most useful as being remade meant losing ones semblance which reduced combat effectiveness. Still Lapis did not know why they assumed she would not use her power to get a better smarter guardian, it had to be their value of life when it came to humans and animals.

" i would not convert someone into a guardian without evaluating their worth, as in the customary view an animal's life is worth less than a faunus's life which is worth less than a human's life" She explained many in the world still did view a fauns as less than humans but more than animals and thus they were the middle ground. Lapis knew such things were changing and that was why the view was the customary view not the current view as the current view was still changing. " Besides i already have two guardians like that, they were my parents before i remade them" Lapis explained she had human guardians she needed no more though she left out a lot of context without feeling the need to justify her actions she did not realize how such things sounded.

"Alright! You got it!" Clifford walked into the kitchen, and filled up a glass with water, as well as a glass of water for himself. When he came back, Cassie was just sitting back down, and Damian was no where to be seen. "Already? I guess whatever Sonora has is spreading..." He said in response to cassie, unaware that she had beaten the tar out of Damian. She did seem calmer, which was good on his part. He sat the glass down in front of her, and then sat next to her, not knowing what to say next. He then listened to Lapis, and felt like he took a punch to the gut, and yet he was thankful that Sonora was not around to hear that. "HEY, YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT FAUNUS LIKE THAT!!" Clifford shouted with a growl as he dug his claws into the table.
"No Clifford, she is just stating a view most humans have." He said as Magnus looked her over. The Gamoras looked at her in shock, with only one of them knowing what a Faunus is."

"What the hell is a faunus? They sound like a different kind of monster." Bherna stated as Astera sighed. "They are people with traits of animals. Some have the traits of a cat, and some have the traits of insects and so on." Astera added as Hakum and Bherna looked at each other. They had never heard of such a creature before. Then again, they had only recently moved to Remnant not too long ago.

Clifford seemed to have calmed down slightly after Magnus explained that all humans had that view, but it sucked since Sonora was a faunus. Did she go through this kind of stuff? He would have to ask later, or when he remembers. CapRock CapRock Karcen Karcen Lord0fFate Lord0fFate nimona nimona

Last edited:
Cassie

"Thank you, honey." Cassie said, picking up the glass to drink it; by the time Lapis had finished speaking, she had almost spat it all over the table. She let the cup down, boiling bubbles of a vapor forming up on the surface of the water. She frowned, annoyed, and said: "Well, most humans are wrong. We happen to have several people here with traits from animals, monsters, heck, even evil entities, and we still treat them as our equals. Ain't that right, Peter?"
"Y-yeah!" He added, waken up from his defeated stupor into a shaken nervous mess. "More importantly, though, what was that about your parents? I mean- I'm so sorry to hear that, Lapis. That must have been really, really hard." He added, looking serious for the first time in a while.
Cassie stared at Peter and Magnus, then at Lapis' never-changing cold expression, all the while tapping the tip of her plate. This might have been her rubbing off of her brother, but something felt off about their huntress guest. To play it cool during a fight or an introduction was one thing, but to say all those things without a hint of emotion... She'd never seen that, not even among the most experienced Hunters or Huntsmen. It was so alien to her way of living it was hard to even come up with a theory for it. She put her hand over Clifford's to calm him down and said:
"It's pretty forward forward of you to share us that. Was it an accident or something? If there's anything we can do about it, you should let us know. Helping others is a bit of a specialty in this family."

nimona nimona Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Karcen Karcen Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

Lapis at first did not realize the issue as magnuson had said she was merely stating a mind set many had. That mind set was changing but was still common in the world though this group lacked it. She had also neglected to mention her status as a faunus herself as lapis didnt see much of a need to. These two things seemed to have created a bit of misinformation.

"Magnus is correct" Lapis said rsiding her arm and letting her sleeve fall revealing what looked almost like plates and exoskeleton right below the skin. "After all I am a spider Faunus myself "

The matter of her parents did not play out as it had to those very few she had told. They had reacted with fear and anger they accused her of being a murderer. Lapis actully did agree with them she had killed her parents she was a murderer even if it was an acident.

"It was something like that" lapis said "Ehen I was young my city was attacked by tiny Grimm that carried a sickness with them. My family was all bitten." Lapis explained though as she spoke there was a slight change in tone " My parents were struck with a wasting sickness and I could no longer feel emotion like a normal person" this would explain her behaviour " In tine my parents were bed bound unable to move unable to do anything. Then one day they finally couldnt go on " as lapis spoke a tiny change grew the previous change became more clear the barest hint of sadness "I didnt know what my rifts did then I was foolish I was ... scared I shouldn't have tried" she continued the hint becoming a shallow but true sound of sadness and regret that fir lapis was the most of that she had felt "I tried to take them to the hospital but only i can exist my rifts" she finished the emotion fleeting now gone.

Clifford calms down, and then sighed as he heard the heartbreaking story. "I... I'm sorry to hear that. I feel really bad now..." He set his hands on his lap, and then looked down. He really felt bad for their guest, especially for the fact that she accidentally killed her parents. "Well hey, if you want, you can be part of our little family." He then looked down, and felt ashamed for the way he reacted when magnus saw what she was saying.
w
"I am sorry, Lapis.... We didn't know..." Astera said as she rubs her belly, and sighs. "And yeah! You are always welcome around us! We may not look like much, but we are a great team!" She added as Wayne nodded. The other two Gamoras just watch, and taking it all in. CapRock CapRock Karcen Karcen nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

Peter

Peter used the napkin to dry up his eyes while he listened to Lapis. He stared at his plate for a bit, then pushed it away, saying:
"Not hungry anymore." Even Cassie didn't look like she had anything to say about it. Because of that, it was quite the surprise when he saw Clifford, Gamora and even Yukai herself offering a hand to Lapis:
"We all made some mistakes getting here. Doesn't mean we have to be alone for it."
Peter glanced at her and opened a dumb smile, asking himself what she saw in him.

Damian

Damian was standing in front of his and Sonora's room, using a handkerchief to wipe the blood from his mouth. He sighed tiredly and walked into the room. Sonora seemed to be preparing to sleep, but her body language just screamed that it wouldn't be a pleasant nap. He sneaked up into the bed and envolped her in a hug, then whispered to her ear:
"Babe. I'm sorry I scared you. I want to look at you in the eye and tell you everything is going to be alright, but... I worry too much to tell you that with a straight face. But the only reason I even do that is because I don't want to lose your smile. Not yours, nor theirs." He added, rubbing her belly.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Karcen Karcen Lord0fFate Lord0fFate nimona nimona

"Damian..." She said as she turned around to face him, and then held his messed up face in her hands. "What did I do to make you worry so much...? Why were you... quiet? You normally tell me what's on your mind but, I felt like you didn't even want to talk to me... or even look at me..." A tear ran down her face, as she buried her head in his chest, and gripping his back as much as her belly would allow. "Am... Am I not beautiful to you anymore? Am I not the girl I used to be when we met?" These worries may have sounded silly at first, but her emotion slowly slipped out as she quietly cried. These feelings have been eating away at her for some time now, and she wanted to make sure they were untrue, that they were caused by her self doubt, her lack of self assurance, etc. Her ears drooped down as one hand rested under her belly, while the other rested on Damian's shoulder. "I'm sorry... for whatever I did..." CapRock CapRock

Lapis soon felt the odd feeling leave her, she didn't really know what it was. Lapis could guess that is was sadness, but that was only because of the context of the feeling emerging, yet she could not be sure. It was hard to know if you truly felt what you thought you felt when you couldn't really remember the basis of the emotion. Still it would be clear to everyone she could in some very rare situations actually feel emotions. Still Lapis guessed what the other were feeling was a form of sympathy, though she was fine she wasn't broken up or hurt it had been a passing feeling. Lapis didn't exactly get why they felt she needed help to go through things she was just fine. still she was looking for a hunter group as hunting alone was not advisable no matter your skill. The term family however did raise a few flags for Lapis as that to her was how a cult would speak, but it seemed that the family idea was not shared by everyone.

"I am never alone" Lapis said her tone once more cold and unfeeling the gesture missed as it was factually inaccurate " i am willing to join a team however a family is not something i am looking for, i am a huntress so i slay monsters that is enough" She explained rejecting family but accepting a team not seeing a team could be a family.

Cassie

"A fellow huntress works fine for me." Cassie said, looking rather relieved to see the situation reach a simple solution. Not too far from her, Peter seemed to be reconsidering his previous statement about his appetite, which in turn was amusing Yukari. She picked up her cutlery and went for her dish, which was probably already cold by that point. "Hm.Not our best work, but I hope you like it. Bon Apettit!"

Damian

Damian's hand reached out for Sonora's chin and gently tugged her face up to look at him. He looked dead serious, even for his standards, staring deep into her eyes.
"Look at me. You're not the same girl I met back in Astera, but that's not a bad thing. You're stronger, happier, and more beautiful than ever. But you need to understand, babe. There are some really rotten fruits in my family tree. People, no, monsters driven by greed and vengeance, who'd like nothing more than seeing our precious babies dead at birth. This thought is stuck in my head and never goes away, from the moment I wake until I fall asleep, when I manage to get some of that. I don't want you, or them, to share that pain with me. That's my burden as the father of the family. And that is why I don't like talking about it."

Saying those words, if felt as though as if a colossal weight had been lifted from Damian's heart. Yet, at the same time, the sudden relief brought with it an anxious void. What would she do with that information? What if the stress brought harm to the babies? The consequences of his failure seemed quite heavy, and he was already regretting opening up.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Karcen Karcen Lord0fFate Lord0fFate nimona nimona

Without a word, Clifford dove right into the plate, but not using his utensils, but his claws to eat. He then looked at everyone else, and then felt as if he was the odd one out as he watched everyone use utensils. "Don't worry about us, Cliffy. Just use your claws to eat like you always do." Gamora Astera said as Clifford did so, using his claws to tear apart his steak and then eat it. He did it in a way to where he did not look like a savage, but rather, a dignified person. Gamora giggled as her sisters just stare at clifford.

"D... Damian..." She said as her eyes teared up, and she began to quietly cry as she buried her head in his chest. After some time, she stopped, and looked at him. "I... I need to be honest with you... At first, when I found out I was carrying, I... I was afraid. I didn't want to keep the girls because I was afraid I was going to fail them in some way. I was afraid I would be a terrible mom. I was afraid of what my father would think if he found out. But most importantly... I didn't know if I was ready for them... I told my dad how I felt, and he just... He just hugged me. He told me that he was actually happy to hear it. He told me he was proud of me for how much I have grown as a person. I began to have doubts and fears, like what if I end up getting cancer like my mom? What if I lost the fight just like she did, despite fighting so hard to live? I do not want to even think about how Sonora Jr. and Cherry would feel if I were to pass because of cancer. My dad was the best thing I had before I met you. He kept me safe, and he made me feel loved. And he would do the same for the girls, Damian. He is like a pit bull, he is very friendly, but threaten his family, and you'll be sorry. I just... I didn't want to say anything because I was afraid of what you would think if I said I didn't want to keep them at first. I thought about it, and decided to give it my all for them to have a life better than mine, and to see them one day surpass me." She said as she put her tail between her legs, and looked him in the eyes. "I was also happy to hear that we are having twins. Because they will have a thing I did not have before. A sibling. Someone to talk to, and someone to share experiences with. I have that through Cassie, but I never had one. No matter how much I asked, I was always told that my mom was too sick to make another baby. With that, I always felt lonely, because I had nobody to talk to..." She looked at him, and felt like a weight was lifted off of her shoulders. But she was nervous about his reaction to what she just said. CapRock CapRock Karcen Karcen nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate

Damian

In response, Damian brought Sonora closer again, edging his head over hers and enveloping her in a tight embrace. Hidden from her sight, his face had pain all over it. And to think she'd do the same as him and hide her darkest feelings from him all that long... Such a lunatic self-sacrificial family surely couldn't stand on its feet on a world like this. Yet, feeling through his own lenses how it felt to be pushed away from a problem, Damian couldn't help but feel an intense drive to try and make it happen again.
"You're right. We owe them the chance to live a better life than our own. And we can't ever, ever forget that." A long pause ensued. Damian realized that his eyes were getting wet. Not only that, for the first time that his worries over his never-ending family problems felt small and distant compared to what was happening right there and then. That was a first in a long time, for sure. "I love you." He said at last.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

"No, We cannot forget that... I love you too." Sonora really did not like hiding things from Damian, but she felt like it was necessary as to not add onto the tension that had dissipated. She was not entirely sure why Damian felt the need to hide his feelings from her, but at least she knew how he was feeling about the whole situation now. In his embrace, she felt warm and secure, but yet, something was lurking in the air. She could not quite put her finger on it, but she felt nervous, especially with knowing the twins are due in 3 months, and with Damian's family issues. Her eyes grew wet as tears rolled down her face, and then the scene fades to black as the two hold each other in a tight embrace. CapRock CapRock (Initiate the Skip, my friend) nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate Karcen Karcen

- 6 months later -

Life had changed a lot in a year at the Roja residence. Once a somber, quiet home, stuck in past tragedies and untimely deaths, it had grown and grown rapidly into a place of family, love, and life. A proper home once more. Sure, things got pretty hectic with the occasional mission or monster attack, but our heroes managed to stick through thick and thin through their grit and teamwork. As of recently, the challenge had shifted into something new and perhaps not so exciting: as per usual, the first few months of a baby's life were the toughest on first-time parents. Multiply said challenge by eight and you have yourself quite the challenge.
"No, you don't understand!"
The one yelling was Cassandra Sterling. She looked thinner than the last time she was seen, of course, but also significantly more exhausted, with her hair stuck in the messiest of buns, an orange sweater riddled with stains, grey sweatpants and massive bags over her eyes. She was yelling at her scroll, walking in circles around the porch while letting out little columns of steam wherever she went.
"I need these 3 kilograms of meat for tonight or else heads will roll! For how many? One baby. Did I stutter?"
Not far from her, Peter Russet was slouched on the side of the wall, surrounded by a mountain of unopened diapers and plastic toys, with a pacifier hanging from his half-opened mouth. The boy's hair had gotten quite messy, he was wearing a darker button-up shirt and pants and he was starting to grow a rather thick beard. While he slept, he snored softly and sleep-talked every now and then, mumbling things such as "Three changes a day times 7..." "Multiply by two..." "What do you mean, it's inside out?" every few seconds. Yukari was just inside the living room, keeping the twins busy while that happened.
While most people sat and rested on the bottom level, Damian Sterling preferred the roof. He sat there, carving out himself, a Sonora and two little kids into a wooden piece with his knife. He was trying his best to breathe and take in as much peace as he could in the brief time out Sonora granted him. His life in particular was one of the ones that changed the most in this short period. If he had told his own self he'd became a family man, the bitter vagabond from before would have laughed at his face. Yet, there he was. He remembered every step of this transformation and cherished it deeply. One thing was for certain: he'd never, ever come back to his past.
Sadly, his past wouldn't ask for permission to sneak into his life again.

CRASH!

The loud noise coming from the the side wall of the mansion was enough to grab everyone's attention; Damian realized what room that came from and instantly felt his heart drop. He sprang into action, transforming his knife into a rope to balance outside of the wall and drop straight into the room, arriving there at about the same time the others did.
The source of the noise had been, of course, intruders. Clad in green camouflage and with grimm-like masks, they had broken into the children's room and were clearly intent on commiting the most heinous of crimes. One of them had none other than Sini Sterling, Cassie and Clifford's blue-haired baby daughter, with a knife on their other hand, ready to strike it, and the others were already getting their hands on the others: Aslan, Cherry and Sonora Jr, with Noctis and Tristan being left alone in their cribs. It was clear that, if nothing was done at once, the breath of life given to the Roja residence would come to a horrific, abrupt end.

The Roja residence was bustling with peace and love after the children were brought into the world 3 months ago. All was well, for the most part. The first few months were a downright train wreck as our heroes figured out this whole "parenting" thing, taking care of children, etc. Clifford had the hardest time with both Sini and Aslan, but he somehow managed to keep it together. Upon hearing Cassie yelling into the phone, he sighed as he shook his head. He stopped whatever he was doing and walked outside, and held cassie at her waist. "Cass, you do not have to worry about that. I can do some hunting for food later on, and bring back just enough for our little carnivore!" He said with a content sigh. Clifford can see how tired Cassie was, and despite sleeping and eating the least out of everyone else, Clifford manages to look like he is as healthy as can be. When he heard a crashing upstairs, he immediately dashed off on all fours, claws ready to go. When he made it to the room with the others, He saw intruders grabbing Sini, the Roja twins, and Aslan, about to kill them with knives. Feeling a deep anger rising up, his back and neck began to glow as he began to huff steam. "Let them go, or you are not gonna like what I am going to do to you assholes." He growled as he stood up, a snarl on his face.

Sonora was folding up her and Damian's laundry, listening to music as she did so. Her headphones plugged into her human ears, while her wolf ears were used to listen for anything odd. Well, it paid off as she heard a loud crashing near her room, and bolted as she took off her headphones. She knew exactly where the noise came from, and everyone else was rushing, even Oakris. "Nya! Intruders in the room!" She exclaimed as Sonora walked in with Clifford.
"Let my babies go! Or I will sic my brother in law on you! Just look at those teeth and claws, ready to rip you apart!" She exclaimed as Sonora Jr. was still sound asleep, but cherry was crying as loud as she could. This Sonora was not about to play any games, when she saw Damian, she knew that he was there for the same reason they all were.

Magnus had just heard a crashing upstair from the kitchen as he was cleaning up some bottles, and immediately made a dash for the children's room while putting on his ballistic fists. Once he made it to the room, and what he saw was part of his worst nightmare. He cracked his knuckles and neck, and growled as he walked up in between Clifford and Sonora, glaring at the intruders with malicious intent. CapRock CapRock nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate Karcen Karcen

Six months had passed and in truth Lapis had been away for most of it for the first three months Lapis had gone out on every hunt she could. When the children had been born and the boys started to stay Lapis had often just vanished off on her own hunts telling no one. She would be gone for days to weeks before simply appearing for a few days then vanishing again. Lapis was a huntress so what else would she do but hunt, she was no mother, no aunt, no caregiver, she was just a huntress. Lapis had no interest in raising the children, for they were not hers, she had no connection to them and she was not looking to retire. Lapis in truth had not plans to retire other had asked her plan for old age and she simply told them she did not have one, Lapis knew she would hunt until one day one monster got the better of her.

That brought her to now one of the brief periods of time where she was actually at the house instead of on a hunt, and actually getting ready to leave again for another hunt. Then everything downstairs happened. Lapis was not sure it was a monster and if it wasn't then it wasn't her problem. Still there was a chance it was and besides it sounded like it came from the baby room, thus no matter what they were in danger. Lapis was no good with kids and she wasn't even related to these children avoiding most interaction with them due to indifference. Lapis decided she should help with whatever went wrong if only because she did remember sadness now and knew it felt bad and thus it was best to make sure others didn't feel sad.

Lapis opened a rift downstairs, there was a chance she would hurt someone but there was a better chance it would be an attacker over a defender. Lapis would arrive in a rift of white light behind the attacked and quickly took in the scene. The 8 attackers, the one holding the baby and the knife, fast action was needed. The bright white rift didn't vanish and instead from it emerged black and blue tendril like pieces of something that looked like cloth. The cloth wrapped around the hand holding the knife pulling it back as several others grabbed his arms legs and neck. Then Lapis moved in a flash going forward her weapon unsheathed from her hunt prep soon being driven into the man's gut just below the child. In one swift motion Lapis almost twirled around the man letting go of the sword and moving in front of the man and grabbing the baby from his loosening grip.The man then fell blood gushing from his cut apart gut as Lapis reached down and grabbed her weapon with one hand while holding the other held the baby and with a flick her sword split into two.

" This is delaying my hunt" Lapis said as if she was only coming because she couldn't leave other wise. As she spoke her father came fully out from the rift towering over his daughter the cape tendrils moving about with a life all their ow.

Peter

This isn't happening, this isn't happening this isn-
oh my God, it's happening, isn't it?

Peter was struggling to get a grip of the situation, with his whole body frozen and shaking in face of the evident threat. This felt like an absolutely maddening fever dream. By his side, Magnus, clifford and Sonora were already sending out death threats, and Lapis had just taken the first blood and intensfied the scramble with her rather impressive summoning. All the while he was still trying to move.... just.... one damn... Inch. Before he could, however, he was struck with an alarming sensation. It was like hovering your hand over the stove, except it was all over your body and you couldn't possibly get away from it. Glancing to the side with terror, Peter noticed that the source was none other than Cassie.
If looks could kill, the redhead's scowl would definitely have massacred the room already. The ground below her was charred black, the air around her wavered like asphalt on a hot day and her hand clenched into a lumous ball of fire. That suddenly hit Peter with a moment of clarity; he had something he knew he had to do in the situation. He reached out to the infuriated mother and said:
"Cassie, don't! You're going to hurt the babies!"
A brief pause ensued as the temperature flickered down. Back to a more controlled anger, Cassie paced her way into the thug nearest to Aslan, determined to hurt him as she replied Peter:
"Don't tell me..." A punch directly to his face was enough to crack the aura and the mask, and then she grabbed him by the collar with both hands and tossed him back out of the window, finishing her rant: "...What to do!"
After that things became pretty hectic.
There were still 6 men left. Three of them decided to flee while the other three tried to reach out for the babies in a last ditch attempt to fullfill their abominable mission: Damian and Peter sprang into action together, using the metal railings of the cribs and Avalanche, respectivelly, to wall out the remaining children into safety. This left just the one in Lapis' hands. Peter headed up to Lapis and put his back agaisnt her to cover all sides, then turned to everyone and said:
"We can handle these! Go and catch the runaways!"
To which the Sterlings, Cliff and Magnus quickly followed. Peter made a spiked shield of stone and prepared for their attack; since her portal usage was limted with a baby on hand, he wanted to make sure that anyone who tried to get Lapis' back would be met with a swift whacking.

Clifford did not need permission to make chase, as the three men ran, Clifford darted after them on all fours, huffing and puffing like a steam engine as he rapidly caught up with one of the men, Magnus and the Sterlings chasing the other two. Clifford growled as he circled around his assailant, and then jumped on, his prey fighting back as deep gashes and bites were inflicted, screaming and shouting as Clifford viciously assaulted the poor soul. After about a minute's scuffle, the masked man fell to the ground, bleeding profusely as Clifford stared down, with a snarl on his face. "Should have stayed away from my family, murderous scum. You are better off as food for the scavengers." Clifford turned around, and followed Magnus' scent to the other two perpetrators, his fury still venting out of his mouth.

Magnus grabbed one of the two remaining assailants, leaving the others to chase after the last one, and hoped to get some answers. The foe scratched him with with his blade, and an all out brawl broke out between the two, punch after punch thrown to the gut, head, and kneecaps. A lone swing grazed the left cheek of his face, causing some of his aura to disappear. Magnus then put the poor soul in a choke hold, and held on until he stopped moving.

Sonora's ears dropped down as she growled, and then scratched one of the three people's faces. "YOU BASTARDS!! KILLING INNOCENT CHILDREN!?!? I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT WRATH YOU HAVE BROUGHT ON YOURSELVES!!!" Sonora angrily exclaimed as she pulled down a lamp, and a wall opened, revealing a hidden compartment where her weapon was hidden. "Get ready, cuz I am gonna give you a show you will never forget!" She then smacks the one nearest to a window out of it, and into the outside world. Her face fuming with anger as she growled, glaring at the remaining two. CapRock CapRock nimona nimona Lord0fFate Lord0fFate Karcen Karcen

Lapis was more willing to wait and let people come to her, it was surprising what you could do with portals when you didn't care if you were going to mortally wound someone. Killing it seemed was not going to be an issue with the group even if they were humans, so that was good no one would protests how little mercy Lapis gave them as they did sometimes when she moved to kill peaceful monster. The attackers were quickly being cut down leaving only a few that were not engaged and peter had moved to provide a shield that was not quite necessary with aura, though did baby's have aura that was a question. Still she should do a little more and while the surprise and damage from her full sword had shattered the other man's aura if she went gun mode it would not, though there was an easy way. Lapis opened two small portals under one leg of each attacked they would not fall in but their legs would. This caused the men to fall and their aura to have to activate and start draining to avoid damage from the rift cutting into them, but that wouldn't last forever, but now running was not an option.

Cassie

As it turned out, the last man was quite speedy; he had managed to flee his pursuers and even enter the forest line unscathed, sighing in relief. Boss hadn't said anything about there being resistance on that mission, especially not from freaks like those. He'd probably lay low for a bit after that... Or so he'd thought. Glancing back at his trail, his eyes widened in horror as he found out just what was happening behind him. Cassie, having left the vicinity of the babies, was now conjuring up a real inferno, forming bursts of fire with each leap and leaving behind a trail of embers and scortched vegetation as she advanced; it was mostly wasted effort, given she wasn't closing in on him, but it was quite intimidating and, as such, formed a good distraction.
While looking back, the hired killer hadn't noticed as a metal trip wire was formed on his path, hitting it with his foot and tripping on it. The wire wrapped around his legs and hoised him up in an instant. It left him there, hanging and harmless, as the fire demon rushed in to get him. When she was about to reach him, a surprise: Damian appeared from a bush and stood between him and Cassie, causing the latter to stop. She leaned up to him, quite literally boiling with rage, and said:
"MOVE."
"Quit the show, sis, this is important." Damian replied nonchalantly, then turned to his captive. His wire returned to his hands, turning back into his switchblade. The grunt gulped as he watched the Sterling flicker the blade open and back, walking slowly towards him. "I need to extract some information from this one."

Peter

Meanwhile, back in the mansion, Sonora whacked another hired hand out of the house, leaving two left to threaten the babies. Peter was impressed at Lapis' strategy, earning him both a boost in his confidence and an opportunity to take the offensive, charging with his shield smash one of the foes into the wall of stone he himself had created, depleting his aura and knocking him out. This left only one of them, who was still trying to swing at Lapis and the baby from his position. Peter turned and shouted:
"Lapis, watch out!"

Lapis saw the man coming with the knife and in truth if her Aura was topped off she could easily take it, but the rifts and her father actually took aura away. Lapis had been quiet about this as often it did not matter for she normally had space and the ability to simply retreat if she saw an attack coming. Right now with the baby she couldn't leave, well she could. Lapis could very easily drop the child and risk injury to them or even make them something new. Still a huntress protected humans and thus she should protect the baby. Still her value was higher than the child and in truth logic would say she should risk the child to save herself. Still not even Lapis could run on logic all the time and while not a reaction out of emotion what she did was something primal and not at all the best move. Lapis instead of running or trying to move away from the coming blow in a way that would risk the baby, instead turned around in an instant exposing her back but protecting the baby. With Lapis having rather weakened aura the knife cut through shattering her aura and sinking deep into her back making Lapis hiss out in pain. The man didn't get a moment as her father starting to fade form the world and having already started his movements before the man hit lapis wrapped the man in his cloak and squeezed. Even as he faded her father squeezed tighter and tighter till with a sickening crack the man's neck lungs and pine broke falling the the ground as the father fully vanished leaving lapis injured a very rare event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back