• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
*holds you at knifepoint*, join me or die! But seriously, I have handled nine players before. What's a seventh? I would be more than happy to accept you.

Lol alrighty then. I'll join.

If I go as a mink, would I be allowed to use some of the subclass monastic traditions like Way of the Sun Soul, Drunken Fist, and others? Barring the UA ones, of course.

If I go as a mink, would I be allowed to use some of the subclass monastic traditions like Way of the Sun Soul, Drunken Fist, and others? Barring the UA ones, of course.
Mink or monk? :grinningteeth:

Lol alrighty then. I'll join.

Mink or mink, I am sure that you can come up with a decision. Also, wow, they made a Way of the Sun Soul again? Excellent! Cobalt Soul, Tranquility, and Ascendant Dragon are not allowed, I think, but Soul Knife is allowed if you have it. Everything else is good in my eyes!

I'm probably going to be among the last to finish a character since i want to see some examples first

i think im leaning towards an offensive caster now? not 100%. ill fill a gap if there is one

Mink or mink, I am sure that you can come up with a decision. Also, wow, they made a Way of the Sun Soul again? Excellent! Cobalt Soul, Tranquility, and Ascendant Dragon are not allowed, I think, but Soul Knife is allowed if you have it. Everything else is good in my eyes!
I believe they did yes. I haven't seen specifically which book it is in, Xanths Guide to Everything i think, but it is in DnD beyond.

Kensei is also a UA style i think. With that being the case, it would be between Drunken Fist and Sun Soul. If the latter is allowed, I can't resist picking that and doing mini holy Kamehameha's all over the place. Will help with the lack of dedicated ranged attack.

I'm probably going to be among the last to finish a character since i want to see some examples first

i think im leaning towards an offensive caster now? not 100%. ill fill a gap if there is one
We need a good artillery piece.

So far we seem to be heavily leaning towards the martial side of things and not the magical, so another spellcaster can definitely help. You have a 19 AC paladin to absorb aggro, too. I'm already dreading making the battle sequences. Thank goodness Taunt is not a class action. =P

I believe they did yes. I haven't seen specifically which book it is in, Xanths Guide to Everything i think, but it is in DnD beyond.

Kensei is also a UA style i think. With that being the case, it would be between Drunken Fist and Sun Soul. If the latter is allowed, I can't resist picking that and doing mini holy Kamehameha's all over the place. Will help with the lack of dedicated ranged attack.

Kensei is now an official style! Maybe it was changed a little bit, but it is now official, so feel free to select that one if you'd like. I love all of the monastic traditions.

Capital! Thank you for breaking the mould and choosing something other than Array #1. =P Good rolls so far, everyone!

Almost done with my character. Just need the personality stuff, magical equipment and hitpoints. Speaking of the last one, how are we deciding hitpoints? Dice rolls?

Almost done with my character. Just need the personality stuff, magical equipment and hitpoints. Speaking of the last one, how are we deciding hitpoints? Dice rolls?

It is your choice of rolling for hit points or going with the average. The average is: full hit die for 1st level, then 1+max/2 (rounded up) for each additional level.

You know, I might actually go with a rogue swashbuckler instead actually.

Thanny Thanny Is that an approved subclass?

It is approved, yup! Swashbuckler is amazing.

It is your choice of rolling for hit points or going with the average. The average is: full hit die for 1st level, then 1+max/2 (rounded up) for each additional level.

It is approved, yup! Swashbuckler is amazing.
It looks like a blast! Definitely fitting for what i had in mind.

So many subclasses I must have missed or been added.

Like barbarians Path of the Beast. Basically can run around being a werewolf!

I missed this. No worries about making an Owlfolk or Genasi, these UAs are allowed by me and flavour things nicely. It seems that we are going with an exotic crew when it comes to races, which I adore. Classes too. I have never seen a Storm Sorcerer in action, though I have been contemplating a Storm Sorcerer / Tempest Cleric kobold (I love kobolds) in a one-shot.
Alright, thank you! I think I'll go with the Owlfolk Storm Sorcerer then, if that's alright and still leaves room for grimmmy grimmmy to play a caster as well?

Thanny Thanny

And we sticking with official playable races, correct? Not things like gnolls that exist but aren't written up?
Gnolls are hard because they are widely considered monsters. Goblinoids and bugbears too are considered monsters, even if goblins are among the more understanding and mercantile races and bugbears have some similarity of intelligence to the common orcs. I daresay you can use a gnoll, but explain how he got into the situation and palling around with humans as opposed to ripping off their faces. If you need a stat block, I recommend using a different official playable race and change the name to "bugbear" instead of, say, human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back