• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rubies of Eventide OOC Thread (D&D 5e)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
@Sherwood jaydude jaydude D. Rex D. Rex Shadeofshade Shadeofshade grimmmy grimmmy Psychie Psychie Felis Felis

A question for all of you: do you want any of your characters to know each other? This can boost character interaction and promote bonds better.

I'm currently planning on having my character be a wandering mercenary of sorts. Haven't given much thought to inter-character relations yet, simply because I don't know what everyone else has in this regard.

Gnolls are hard because they are widely considered monsters. Goblinoids and bugbears too are considered monsters, even if goblins are among the more understanding and mercantile races and bugbears have some similarity of intelligence to the common orcs. I daresay you can use a gnoll, but explain how he got into the situation and palling around with humans as opposed to ripping off their faces. If you need a stat block, I recommend using a different official playable race and change the name to "bugbear" instead of, say, human.
Reasoning is the easy part! And thinking of a swashbuckler has me in the mood to play a pirate char of mine it would fit well with.

Nothing like a bit of piracy to get one in the business of pulling around with predators of all races. And the Bad Reputation trait could be rolled in easily with the monster reputation.

As for what he is doing now? The pirates life is brief and violent. The quest for the rubies could have lead to the destruction of his Captain and crew. Maybe they found one and had a map one only to have a rival or another power come and ruin them.

With nothing left, has no choice but to start over. And what was once and idle curiosity has now been made personal. By finding the rubies he will eventually cross paths with the person that wrong him.

_______

I would be happy to have some friends! Happy to know anybody and everybody!

I'm currently planning on having my character be a wandering mercenary of sorts. Haven't given much thought to inter-character relations yet, simply because I don't know what everyone else has in this regard.

Pirates and Mercenaries get along like peanut butter and jelly!

I would like that, if my character knew at least 1 other member of the party

Not sure who your char is, but I'm always happy to make a bond!

Pirates and Mercenaries get along like peanut butter and jelly!

I personally don't like peanut butter. And it doesn't sound like the sort of thing I'd have with jelly (unless you're referring to what we brits call jam).

I personally don't like peanut butter. And it doesn't sound like the sort of thing I'd have with jelly (unless you're referring to what we brits call jam).

Indeed! Jam! Or preserves, if you are so inclined.

Go together like milk and cookies!

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade , just so you know, regarding your character sheet Bags of Holding are uncommon items but still pretty potent ones, roughly 500 gp to 1000 gp each (assume 500 gp for this campaign). That is something I should emphasise on the magic item list, and for that I apologise, but I cannot accept four of them without them taking up magic item slots or significantly more cost.

jaydude jaydude , do you have preserves in your tea? Also, because I tease another British person who is a very good friend of mine, do you ever microwave your water or do you use a kettle?

And toward all of you, I am very glad to see everyone working together so well. I look forward to starting the RP with you all. o7

Indeed! Jam! Or preserves, if you are so inclined.

Go together like milk and cookies!
Oh yeah, I get what you mean now.

Interestingly enough, there is a pirate background in the corebook. It's a variant of the sailor background, which basically allows you to get away with petty crimes.

In terms of backstory, the main thing I've got in my head right now is that my character grew up in Turmish, but their travels eventually took them to Northwest Faerun (the location of Yartar). If you want to try and build anything off that, I'm all ears.

jaydude jaydude , do you have preserves in your tea? Also, because I tease another British person who is a very good friend of mine, do you ever microwave your water or do you use a kettle?
Funnily enough I've never really gotten into tea. And I use a kettle for my hot water (I enjoy hot chocolate); I never thought microwaving it was a thing.

@Sherwood jaydude jaydude D. Rex D. Rex Shadeofshade Shadeofshade grimmmy grimmmy Psychie Psychie Felis Felis

A question for all of you: do you want any of your characters to know each other? This can boost character interaction and promote bonds better. I also intend to weave your backstories into the main storyline a wee bit to make things a bit more personalised.
Sure, I'd be happy for my character to know some of the others! I haven't quite decided on her backstory yet, but I'm thinking along the lines of someone who left home for seeing the world/... and sort of blundered into the con artist business or something as a way of covering her traveling expenses. So I'm sure there are tons of ways for her to have crossed paths with the others (hopefully also in a way where they didn't start off on the wrong note too badly, haha).

And sorry that I'm a bit behind on my CS, but I've started working on it and will at least post a WIP sometime later today!

Oh yeah, I get what you mean now.

Interestingly enough, there is a pirate background in the corebook. It's a variant of the sailor background, which basically allows you to get away with petty crimes.

In terms of backstory, the main thing I've got in my head right now is that my character grew up in Turmish, but their travels eventually took them to Northwest Faerun (the location of Yartar). If you want to try and build anything off that, I'm all ears.

Funnily enough I've never really gotten into tea. And I use a kettle for my hot water (I enjoy hot chocolate); I never thought microwaving it was a thing.

Yup! Thats the background I plan to be using.

I'm sure we can work something out! A pirate going into mercenary work isn't unheard of after all.

Though I am not familiar with location or geography. So im going to have to look that up.

con-artistry... Felis Felis maybe my character could've been the corrupting influence there?Like a criminal needing to pay a debt/in hot water who wanted a sorcerer on their side so they struck up a deal

No rush regarding character sheets. While I absolutely appreciate the gusto of everyone here and your amazing energy, these things can be quite a Herculean task to complete. I am chiefly impressed that you are inputting all of this from scratch instead of linking a character sheet built elsewhere, or an attached written sheet. =)

Irradiating water has never been more satisfying than using a microwave to heat things. =P Honestly, though, I miss my kettle. Perhaps I should buy one. Also, ooh, Turmish! Very neat place, and very foreign if I am not mistaken from the Sword Coast. You're pretty much from all the way southeast of Faerun. Does your character embellish their armour?

Sure, I'd be happy for my character to know some of the others! I haven't quite decided on her backstory yet, but I'm thinking along the lines of someone who left home for seeing the world/... and sort of blundered into the con artist business or something as a way of covering her traveling expenses. So I'm sure there are tons of ways for her to have crossed paths with the others (hopefully also in a way where they didn't start off on the wrong note too badly, haha).

And sorry that I'm a bit behind on my CS, but I've started working on it and will at least post a WIP sometime later today!
Can cross path with a conny gnoll pirate! Well he might not be exclusively a con artist, but they can rogue it all up! I'm sure Mr Pirate will show her the world.

con-artistry... Felis Felis maybe my character could've been the corrupting influence there?Like a criminal needing to pay a debt/in hot water who wanted a sorcerer on their side so they struck up a deal
Could involve myself with you too if your looking for extra weight.

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade , just so you know, regarding your character sheet Bags of Holding are uncommon items but still pretty potent ones, roughly 500 gp to 1000 gp each (assume 500 gp for this campaign). That is something I should emphasise on the magic item list, and for that I apologise, but I cannot accept four of them without them taking up magic item slots or significantly more cost.
4 of them??? I'm looking at what I posted and I only have 2 Bags of Holding on my post. Did I misinterpret something in what I can have for the starting items?

4 of them??? I'm looking at what I posted and I only have 2 Bags of Holding on my post. Did I misinterpret something in what I can have for the starting items?

Ah! I must have misinterpreted the long string of items you bought. I might be confusing the quantity of Bags of Holding with the quantity of draft horses. You are good then.

Sounds great, I'm sure that would work nicely!

Can cross path with a conny gnoll pirate! Well he might not be exclusively a con artist, but they can rogue it all up! I'm sure Mr Pirate will show her the world.
Yeah, they could definitely have met as well!

No rush regarding character sheets. While I absolutely appreciate the gusto of everyone here and your amazing energy, these things can be quite a Herculean task to complete. I am chiefly impressed that you are inputting all of this from scratch instead of linking a character sheet built elsewhere, or an attached written sheet. =)
Well, a factor for me in that regard is that I can't sign up to D&D Beyond for some reason. And putting the CS as a forum post seems easier to edit if I need to make changes than if I have to attach a new PDF each time.

Irradiating water has never been more satisfying than using a microwave to heat things. =P Honestly, though, I miss my kettle. Perhaps I should buy one. Also, ooh, Turmish! Very neat place, and very foreign if I am not mistaken from the Sword Coast. You're pretty much from all the way southeast of Faerun. Does your character embellish their armour?

I have a template of my own saved up on this site, so that somewhat cuts down on the effort required somewhat.

As for Turmish, I was really just looking for something that made sense for my character's stats/intended variant bonuses, and found the description "generally tall and muscular" written in the Corebook's Turami entry. And I wouldn't say I'm from the "southeast of Faerun", seeing as the Inner Sea is located within the central part of the continent, at least according to the Forgotten Realms wiki.

Also, yeah, odds are I will have embellished armor. Plate with gold trim, most likely.

Sounds great, I'm sure that would work nicely!

Yeah, they could definitely have met as well!

Well, a factor for me in that regard is that I can't sign up to D&D Beyond for some reason. And putting the CS as a forum post seems easier to edit if I need to make changes than if I have to attach a new PDF each time.

That's a huge pain. I am surprised that you cannot sign up, but understand that the process is easier this way in such a case. Either way, good work.

I have a template of my own saved up on this site, so that somewhat cuts down on the effort required somewhat.

As for Turmish, I was really just looking for something that made sense for my character's stats/intended variant bonuses, and found the description "generally tall and muscular" written in the Corebook's Turami entry. And I wouldn't say I'm from the "southeast of Faerun", seeing as the Inner Sea is located within the central part of the continent, at least according to the Forgotten Realms wiki.

Also, yeah, odds are I will have embellished armor. Plate with gold trim, most likely.

After looking at a massive viewpoint of Faerun, I am embarrassed to say that my understanding of Faerun was very shortchanged. I know mostly the west and north of the world and did not see much else, so this is eye-opening. Thank you!

awesome, i'll definitely go a "criminal background" route then. i'll brainstorm some more with a caster class in mind

That's a huge pain. I am surprised that you cannot sign up, but understand that the process is easier this way in such a case. Either way, good work.
I don't know why it isn't working, but the "Sign up with Google" button isn't responsive for me, and I don't have an Apple ID to sign up with. I haven't contacted their support yet, though, so I still have that option, I suppose.

Oh my gosh, you got the infamous 13/14 full house, and you did not even have to be a human to get it! You are now eligible to be a jack of all trades. One cannot go wrong with that first array, however. Those are pretty good rolls.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back