Rper Stereotypes (and what they do)

Esper Alucard

Fleur's Pervy Neko Bot
Just put up a Roleplayer Stereotype that can either be a Bad or Good one.

Number of Sterotypes per post isnt set, so go ahead and write a paragraph if you want

The Complainer: Complains over every "bad" action you take or looks at your character's bio and gets all butthurt

The Antagonist: The guy only good/uses Antagonist/antagonist styled characters. Most of the time, these players know what they're doing

The Wannabe Primordial: these guys typically play an extremely old member of an Extremely Long Lived Race that can still pass for whatever the RPer's Ideal IRL age is. a common Example is the 1,000 years or older demon, vampire, or angel who looks like they are only twenty something at oldest. typically said characters are loaded with fitting powers for their age are godmodding wanker material for the RPer to effortlessly overpower reasonable characters with.

The Fauxlita: based on the Words Faux meaning False and Lolita, meaning mentally advanced youthful female while also being the title for a Type of Japanese Period Fashion borrowed from Victorian England and marked to slight framed college girls in their early twenties.. the Fauxlita is a small framed adult Woman who often wears said style of fashion and often impersonates the role of a child. in some cases, they use makeup, costume choice, prop choice, and skincare products to assist the act. these girls are usually Weeaboos and adopt the stereotypes of many little sister type anime characters. i am a good example of this. these characters, are generally not minmaxed for combat, but are rather minmaxed for stealth and infiltration. making better useage for roles as an assassin or as a negotiator. often filling both. they are generally Adorkable.

the Little Girl with the Plushie. i hear you see her a lot in post apocalyptic RPs. the child with a stuffed toy, usually a bear, who generally happens to try too hard to be a badass when they should still be attending primary school. generally harder to beleive than the Fauxlita, because unlike the little girl with the plushie the Fauxlita actually is an adult

The ERP Addicts: These people are heavily addicted to ERP and will sometimes turn an rp barely even related to it into one. This only gets annoying if your friends with one or you find an area filled with them. However, it is rare for an rp addict to not turn it into an ERP, but ive never seen an ERP addict not engage in anything love related.

Fun Fact: a combat Rp with one of these will result in their character loving yours mid battle

Dodgers: These creatures will always manage to dodge ANYTHING, ranging from a Nuclear Bomb to the sun ramming into the earth itself. No matter the attack, they dodge it. They are only Indigenous to ROBLOX and usually range from the age of 8-12. Worry not, these creatures eventually evolve into more experienced Rpers and make up for their fail rping

The ERP Addicts: These people are heavily addicted to ERP and will sometimes turn an rp barely even related to it into one. This only gets annoying if your friends with one or you find an area filled with them. However, it is rare for an rp addict to not turn it into an ERP, but ive never seen an ERP addict not engage in anything love related.

Fun Fact: a combat Rp with one of these will result in their character loving yours mid battle

Dodgers: These creatures will always manage to dodge ANYTHING, ranging from a Nuclear Bomb to the sun ramming into the earth itself. No matter the attack, they dodge it. They are only Indigenous to ROBLOX and usually range from the age of 8-12. Worry not, these creatures eventually evolve into more experienced Rpers and make up for their fail rping

Aniroleplay.com is actually Worse than ROBLOX in the regard of Dodgers. they dodge every attack, no matter what it is, and hide behind purple prose as they butcher the thesaurus for 3 repetitive and redundant photographs of saying "my Umbrella is Black" while they dodge. making it impossible to spot the dodge because it is hidden under 3 paragraphs consisting of a combined 12 lines that basically repeat "my Umbrella is black".

ERP?

The All-Average-They're just average. Their characters are plain and simple, no matter what setting they're in. Nothing special or very defining at all. But they make up for it by making it so that their character might as well be a real-life being-they can put together extremely realistic personalities that are more than enough to make their characters good. Any time I see one of them I know the RP is gonna be good.

The Spec-Ops-Obsessed with special operations and tactical gear in particular. No matter the setting they'll squeeze in some kind of modern special forces soldier, and it comes along with an endless heap of tactical equipment and gadgets. They're usually horribly broken in terms of power, but rarely they can make good antagonists. Characters from RPs where a special operations soldier is actually feasible are ofcourse not included.

The Weeaboo-Well, no explanation needed for this one...

The "My guy" syndromed : WORST thing I have ever experienced and I have seen a lot of them in my time as a Pen&Paper GM. Those players justify being disruptive by saying "BUT THAT'S WHAT MY GUY WOULD DO", okay but YOU are a making your character doing things that ruin the roleplay and we don't want them to. The best answer is often the kickout cause those are really hard to manage, a good discusion might help things but that only work 50 % of the time. Link to more informations

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sword Guy:  Insists that their character must have a sword at all times, genre be damned. Fantasy rp? Sword. Sci-fi rp? Sword. High school rp? You better believe there's going to be an asshole running down the hallways with a sword.

The Sword Guy:  Insists that their character must have a sword at all times, genre be damned. Fantasy rp? Sword. Sci-fi rp? Sword. High school rp? You better believe there's going to be an asshole running down the hallways with a sword.

common sense? what the hell is Sword Guy doing on a Friggin Highschool Campus with a Sword? if i was the local law enforcement, and some guy brought a sword to high school. i'd handcuff him, confiscate his sword, publically humiliate him in front of his classmates, lock him up in prison for life, and amplify security around his cell, to make sure he never gets his hands on another friggin sword, and ensure he is in solitary confinement with no visitation until the day he died, deliberately underfed barely enough to survive and not allowed to excercise, so he can't massacre his way out with a sword. all because he brought a weapon to school, proving he was willing to murder his classmates like some whack job, i know this is a bit exaggerated. but law enforcement takes bringing lethal weapons on a public campus extremely seriously. doubly so when a kid brings either a gun or that ketana he takes so much pride in.

simple way to explain it, how did this kid bring a sword on campus and not immediately get locked up with a prison for life sentence?

The purple prose generator :  These crafty individuals spend their time generating large quantities of text without meaning.  Using flowery words, they describe simple actions over the course of several pages.  Usually, they favor a Mary-Sue as a character, so that they have more perfect features to describe with fitting length.  All the while, they contribute nothing to the story, other than looking pretty and loafing around.  After a while, it becomes unclear what the purpose of this person really is.  

The "little bit of everything" : This roleplayer's indecisive nature manifests itself in the horrific amalgamation of species found in their character.  Half-dragon, half-demon, half-elven, half-werewolf and many more things all rolled into one. (Yes, this is a reference)

The miss Chloë : This roleplayer somehow knows everything going on in the roleplay.  Their character could be locked away for months, but still has accurate knowledge of everything that's happened in the meantime.  The exact mechanic behind this phenomenon is not understood, even by the roleplayer themselves. 

The damsel in distress: SOMEHOW everyone has to stop what they are doing to rescue this....damsel....because she ends up in trouble nine times out of ten of her own doing and cannot seem to be able to fight worth a damn. The plot seems to shift to revolve around the damsel getting into more trouble and thus the cycle never ends.

The Young But Oh So Deadily: When all of their characters are usually below the age of 15, are Mary Sues in disguise (all their insane powers are concealed with a bullshit history that doesn't make sense), occasionally have some sort of cliché child appearance (eyes changing color based on mood) and their personality is basically an innocent kid in distress. Unless you piss them off. Then they somehow become an unstoppable killing machine because you stole their toy.

The Uncreative Cannon: When someone clear and knowingly uses a cannon fandom character in a fantasy RP. 

The Fact Checker: The type of role player that constantly stops the roleplay to check the lore and correct everyone on everything.

Narcissistic Protagonist Ego: The type of role player who tries to forcibly make their charicter the main charicter, often shunning everyone else's character, constantly flirt with a female charicter or breaks away form the main party to only show up during a major fight to "Save everyone".

The Creep: The type of roleplayer who always flirting, harassing or stalking female characters.

The All about me: The charicter who wants to be the center of attention all the time, they often will have their character get badly wounded, start crying loudly or anything else so others pay attention to them.

@Lil Carnage I have never seen these creatures in the ever dangerous jungle of ROBLOX... Thank god

You came from abyss known as ROBLOX too :D?

The Climaxer1!!:  (Negative) EVERYTHING has to be a major plot point with this roleplayer. A major villain has to appear, a fight has to break out, a major character event has to happen. Nothing else however, none of the build-up such as normal dialogue, characterization, or other things that make an rp amazing that take time to develop! These are typically newer roleplayers, and while it's good that they want things to be exciting, too much of something is never good. If the rp isn't as fast as they want it, they just leave. NOPE DONE. No message, nothin'!

The Elitest: (Negative if overdone) This roleplayer is one of the best on the forum. Highest number of posts, most likes, many followers. This achievement has not helped their ego, and have expanded it to the size of the mega-world rp they're always bragging about. New roleplayers aren't 'good' enough to join their roleplays, and while there's nothing wrong with wanting experienced players they don't even give the newbies a chance. Want critique on your roleplay? Too bad, you're getting it in a rather blunt fashion. There's nothing wrong with being an experienced roleplayer, however I often attribute this attitude and stereotype as one of the greatest barriers for people new to roleplay to really get the experience.

The Author: (Positive or negative depending on the situation). These roleplayers usually have extremely well thought up roleplays and are usually regarded highly in the community. They'll type with perfect grammar, usually have solid characters and plots, and will be very picky about the characters the allow into their rp. Unlike the last two I don't find this one negative or positive, as these roleplayers can actually be very helpful and make roleplaying a very fun experience.

The Cassidy Thorpe Complex: a manic pixie dream girl that doesn't fit realistic standards. She is perfect, yet quirky and unique! She isn't like the other girls at all, no matter what you might think. She has a secret that she tries to hide but can't help being dramatic as she does so. She's dangerous and fun and leaves a trail of heartbreak behind her. 

The Ebony Dark'ness Raven Dementia Way Archetype: a character that is so edgy and cool that nobody can even compete with her. She doesn't like "preppy" or "popular" music, she likes COOL music, okay?! Usually have pale faceclaims with lots of eyeliner. The male equivalent is what I like to call the Random Emo Band Member Knockoff- they're dark and lonely and nobody understands. 

The Helpess Romantic: When the whole roleplay is based around other characters fawning over their character. In drastic cases, they will even edit your posts if your character is resisting/they didn't like what they said. 

Unsatisfied: They are the ones constantly flooding the interest checks with Roleplays ever other day or week because the one they posted an hour ago didn't get any attention.

"I'm the captain now!": They enter Roleplays only to try and take it over and make it theirs. First they seem helpful and friendly but switch to controlling once the original GM goes dark for a bit or looses interest.

The Tragic: These RPers always make characters that have tragic backstories, such as their family was killed right in front of them and they were blamed for the murder, or they were abused by their parents or they were left on side of the road....

The Copy Paste: These peoples characters are almost exactly the same, aside from small details, such their backstories, personality, skills ect.

The Tragic: These RPers always make characters that have tragic backstories, such as their family was killed right in front of them and they were blamed for the murder, or they were abused by their parents or they were left on side of the road....

The Copy Paste: These peoples characters are almost exactly the same, aside from small details, such their backstories, personality, skills ect.

The Tragic Cont.: And for some reason, their mentally stable enough to function in a normal society, even if they tracked down and brutally slaughtered anyone responsible.

The Tragic Cont.: And for some reason, their mentally stable enough to function in a normal society, even if they tracked down and brutally slaughtered anyone responsible.

or

The Innocent Murderer: This charicter has brutally murdered someone who who was wronged them in the past and somehow prevented their crime from being found out or were somehow found innocent.

Here are a few archetypes I've encountered.

NEGATIVE:

The Insane Dude: (Have to admit, I was this person for a while, but then I understood my mistake and never repeated it.) This is the type of roleplayer that likes to add mental disorders to their character to add "complexity" and\or "drama," to their overall design. Their characters range from: "Oh, look! I'm insane and irredeemable, because I like to torture cats!" all the way through the tree of abnormal madness all towards the "H-H-Hello! I-I-I'm insane and I jus-just... I JUST WANT TO BE FREE!" Sometimes, they may think that the insanity is caused by chemical imbalances and that "love" can apparently cure their characters' disorders. Mostly male, but not always.

Kirito Jesus-Kun: Have you ever seen that ONE character that always ignores yours? Have you ever seen that ONE character that never responds to your posts? Have you ever seen that ONE goddamn character that takes on a whole army to show the girls how cool he is in hopes of getting laid, "romance?" Well, then you're in the right read, my friend. The Kirito Jesus-Kun is an extremely rare, nearly extinct species of parasitic vertebrates. They are known for the ability to dodge all attacks, be really overpowered, and pretend to be cool all the time. The person playing them usually ranges from ages 9-11, and does not know what roleplay is.

T.H.E. S.U.I.C.I.D.E.R.: (NOTE! I am not making fun of suicide. I'm just making fun of people that roleplay it improperly.) It's reasonable for someone attempt suicide after many bad things happened to them. Imagine that your fiancee just left you, your all family died\disowned you, and you lost all that you owned and held dear. You'd be pretty depressed, right? Well... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I PRESENT TO YOU THE SADDEST TYPE OF ROLEPLAYER YOUR EYES HAVE GAZED UPON!... THE SUICIDER! Imagine that you have a perfectly healthy character. He has children, a caring and loving wife, and maybe a cool superpower? Everyone would want a life like that, right?! Well... no, not this guy. Every 10 posts you see him attempt suicide in one way or another. Just imagine a more-edgy, much darker version of Vincent Valentine, that is not always a vampire. The Suicider just wants death, and secretly hopes that the characters will stop him each time (Note: when they don't, the suicider either doesn't post, creating an awkward atmosphere if the players ignore him\he leaves the RP, or he cries in the corner) An often occurence is that these individuals want to cure their depression through romance.

The Korean (May be Positive or Neutral???): This is what I use to refer to people that make\participate in roleplays with korean-only characters. I honestly find it rather weird, and awkward and I try to stay away from those roleplays. I'm not sure what to think of this type of roleplayers, but I'd rather say "no thank you" to an offer of joining their roleplay about a high-school in Seoul. I don't even know why such a sudden cultural trend developed, but it's still a stereotype to consider.

POSITIVE:

Your Friendly Neighbourhood RP'er!: Ever needed one person to back you up in writing, finding an appropriate character sheet, or just making someone that could be blood-related to your character? Well, you're in luck, because Your Friendly Neighbourhood Roleplayer is here! These guys will go to reasonable extents to help you fullfill your fantasies write an interesting story. If you want to make two characters that are a brother and sister, they are the person to go to and ask if they want the characters to be siblings. They are the sort of person you can ask to GM the RP while you're gone for a few days, or the sort of person you can rely will make a good, solid character that provides their own input into the story. 

The Different One: If you have been on this site for at least a week, and have minimal interest in the Fantasy genre, I am sure you have seen a multitude of roleplays where all characters are between the ages of 15-18, and somehow have fighting skills that could put Gilgamesh to shame. They probably have magical powers and are often extremely desperate attempts at romance. Well, the Different One isn't like them. The Different One is the type of roleplayer that joins such a roleplay to make a 70-year old badass orc warrior and put all the other roleplayers to absolute shame. Seeing one of them is like seeing a God amongst a flock of ignorant sheep, at least in my opinion. One funny example is in a Vampire Roleplay I've seen once (But not participated) Basically, all of the roleplayers had these ridiculously oversexualized, handsome\beatiful characters with perfect, seductive, suave personalities. Then some guy came along and LITERALLY made Nosferatu. (Picture of Nosferatu below)

nosferatu-ut-ohrlock.jpg

Humm I has more

The Wall: This charicter never listens to other people or refuses to , and or ignores everyone else's posts and does whatever they want.

The Grapevine: This charicter is a member of a super secret organization of spies that have agents in every single faction, group and organizations, so they can find out eveyone else's secrets while keeping them their own secrets hidden. Then they use the secrets to try and blackmail people. Oh your a Prince from a small kingdom and you left to get away from your crazy father? Work for me or Ill tell your father where to find you. Oh you use to work for a assassination group? Give me money or ill tell them about you.

The Puppeteer: This type of RPer tries to indirectly control other people's characters, such as they steal something from them so the other charicter has to go somewhere to get it back....

(here are some more positive ones)

The Tutor: This RPer is willing to spend time and slow down a RP to teach a new person how to RP.

WhiteMage: This charicter sacrifices a charicter slot so the RP has someone who focuses on healing.

The Unusual (Both, i am one of these): These rpers pick the WEIRDEST characters by far and often do pretty crazy things.

An example is my character Poff. Poff is a cheerful cat girl that has the Corrupted Beast Gauntlet (a gauntlet with 4 giant claws floating by). She only does what she wants to do and likes to have fun with her Faction's Enemy, Purity.

I also once had Poff speak directly to one of the Rpers once.

These rpers can be really fun, but too much of their craziness can get annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back