• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

RP System in 2.0 -Teaser-

Lotusy said:
Loki-oh-yes.gif
zJtsThq.gif

mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9266-axel1313/ said:
@Axel1313[/URL]
I think these prefixes can actually evolve with the thread owner in question by including them in their tag searches if they are looking for particular roleplayers.
This - definitely. Tags are -very- useful.

It's just easier to have them in big bold letters as well. Seeing as tags are meant to show what's basically in the rp and if only in tags they could get glanced over reaaaal quickly.

[QUOTE="Call Me Lucifer]
zJtsThq.gif

[/QUOTE]
hbqwzNcCVpPMc.gif

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]This - definitely. Tags are -very- useful.

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Call Me Lucifer]I do definitely see the use of the prefixes but would there not be another way?

[/QUOTE]
Axel1313 said:
It's just easier to have them in big bold letters as well. Seeing as tags are meant to show what's basically in the rp and if only in tags they could get glanced over reaaaal quickly.
Also seconding these, though I can live without them, it'd be nice to know :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Axel1313 said:
xD Well... >_> Not if the prefixes don't exist.

@The Dark Wizard

dunno if this has been asked yet but i'm too lazy to check - what kind of permissions will the different so-called ranks have (other than viewing certain threads)? can these be customised?

@The Dark Wizard

You said that tagging people in BBcode would no longer function, correct? Does this simply mean that the method of creating new tags will have irrevocably changed, or will the previous tags no longer function entirely? Because if it's the latter, all of the existing "X mentioned you in thread" alerts will break.

Also, will it be possible to search and filter within alerts? If I have persistent alerts enabled, it becomes tiresome to have to manually press Ctrl+F on each page to find quotes and mentions. But if I simply disable everything except quotes and mentions, the alert system no longer gathers data on replies or ratings, making it impossible to find those if I retroactively want to.

EDIT: Also, will the old style of 1-thread-but-multiple-tabs roleplays still be available to use in case we want it? And what will happen to existing roleplays when this change is applied?

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]
xD Well... >_> Not if the prefixes don't exist.

[/QUOTE]
I didn't quite type right there. I meant the prefixes when I said big bold letters and colors. wooooops.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]In the new update, this is what the RP system is slowly shaping up to be. As the site has grown we've noticed that the tab system that only gives you a limited number of linked together threads has slowly become restrictive and overstayed its welcome. The goal here is for RPs in the new update to come to life and have their own space here on RpNation.
2016-07-18_18-25-32.png

When making an RP, instead of getting a thread, you'll get an entire space for your self that automatically comes with two forums (yes forums) which you can rename and alter to your whims. Built in comment system also leads to better and more fluid OOC discussions as you can see in the above picture.

Other Features:

• Add 3 more forums for a total of 5. (can always ask for more once you have a clear need for them).
  • Role System (create custom permissions and ranks for your players to determine which areas they can see and other stuff). This leads to private areas that the owner can spin up for say other others.
  • Add more owners (Co GM/DM/Creator, go nuts)
  • Upload logo.
  • Member/Invitation System (can control who can join/post in your RP, if its open to all, invite only and more)

chrome_2016-07-18_18-44-35.png

I hope you enjoy this small teaser of whats to come.

If you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below :) !

[/QUOTE]
So it's going to be like the hosted projects in that sense? If my guess is wrong then I have no clue what you're trying to say, could you please explain?

Genon said:
@The Dark Wizard
You said that tagging people in BBcode would no longer function, correct? Does this simply mean that the method of creating new tags will have irrevocably changed, or will the previous tags no longer function entirely? Because if it's the latter, all of the existing "X mentioned you in thread" alerts will break.

Also, will it be possible to search and filter within alerts? If I have persistent alerts enabled, it becomes tiresome to have to manually press Ctrl+F on each page to find quotes and mentions. But if I simply disable everything except quotes and mentions, the alert system no longer gathers data on replies or ratings, making it impossible to find those if I retroactively want to.
We need to be able to tag people.

And okay this might have been asked but will there still be the same .. um genres/categories/ whatever you call 'em.

Like realistic , futuristic , 1x1, etc?

Or are all the rps in the same thing and you just like put tags on what is what.

@Axel1313

I'll give you that. It's a big plus in terms of skimming. But, what it boils down to (from the discussions I have had with other users and mods) that the prefixes are mislabeled regularly. You can have someone advertising "detailed," but they follow more of the "simple" definition of RPN's standard of RPing. Having the thread owner create a tag that can be searched for those looking specifically for ACTUAL detailed threads (and etc.).

Axel1313 said:
I didn't quite type right there. I meant the prefixes when I said big bold letters and colors. wooooops.
Oh no :) I got what you meant. I was saying that the tags wouldn't be so easily/quickly overlooked if there were no prefixes to rely on.

I'm probably the odd one out here when I say I actually really don't like the looks of the update much at all. x3 Looks too complicated and anyone who had to go through transferring rps to the brand new system and figuring that out too knows how much of a pain it is.

The site really is just perfect right now. As I've said before, simple, easy to navigate and search, not too cluttered or confusing.

Could use graphics for rps and title cards but other than that a change seems unnecessary. Why try to mess up something that works well now? Not like the site is broken and actually needs an update...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back