• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings RP Challenge For Writers Who Want To Grow

StAmuriah

RP Mercinary
Hi! I'm an editor looking to keep my skills sharp with a bit of RP. Though I haven't done so in the past, I would like to try to implement the skills I ask of my clients in this story, specifically in the way of character building and writing the plot (character arcs and plot structure).

I know it is unconventional, but I think it will be fun to play with writers looking to challenge themselves and learn some great writing techniques that will get them writing, fast!...
But ultimately the choice to accept this challenge is up to you!

Requirements!
- A willingness to learn and communicate!

-Create your own Premise Statement like a 1 sentence pitch.Please, no fandom. Let's do the hard work of being original. No limitations, honestly. I'm not picky and I'm not squeamish. Anything goes, so long as the premise is strong.

- Determining the main narrative THEME of the story

- Creating a character with their character arc in mind (flat arcs are fine, but only if you're REALLY think you're up to the task) For an explanation of what I mean read
here to learn about what a character arc is. Then choose what you traits are: lie, truth, ghost, want and need). No fan characters, please.

- Choose a Quotient Combination! (If you don't understand what here is a quick lesson!)
20210604_003652-1.jpg

- Contribute in good faith to service the plot and not just the dynamics. Characters are fun, but they're only interesting because they take action, not just wax rhapsodasic.

- I could care less about faceclaims. Feel free to do whatever you like, or don't. It don't impact the wiring as far as I'm concerned.

- Ghost friendly

- Queer friendly

- Try and have fun! I know this seems like a lot, but I'm sure you've done a lot more work in creating a character in a story that goes nowhere. How about challenging yourself to make something that will, for a change? It's honestly less work!

You'll notice that there is no age restriction, length requirements or actual prompt. That's because I want to challenge myself to write with you (since I work as an editor) and I want to challenge you to create! And the knowledge to do that well I don't think shoulder be restricted to age. That being said, please tell me your age. This way I can't know when not to write past the point of "good taste", so to speak. Lengthy contribution doesn't equal good contribution. The easiest way to know if you're a good contributor is 2 fold: 1) is it thematic or just cool? 2) does it push the plot or advance the character arc? If your contribution ever fails to do one or the other then it's fluff. I think that's fair, right? And since anyone can do this either a single action what od I need to read 5 paragraphs?!?! Story over weight, forever.

HOW TO SUBMIT
I'm looking to have some fun trying to tell a stoey you've always wanted to tell. I don't care what the genre is, so long as the premise is strong. This is suppose to be a challenge. This is understandably not very attractive for most
But if you are up to it, this is how you start!

Please comment your Premise pitches, do not DM. Thank you, I really appreciate it

1) Post your name (how you want to be regarded) and age (I'll take it on good faith).

2) Post your premise! If I don't feel it's strong enough we can work on it till we get something you like! Juat follow the rules in the link. Only 1 sentence long.

3) Your personal demands (post length, romantic preferences including who I play, Genre, tone, SFW vs NSFW content, etc)

I will not close applications. I hope you will humor me so we can write a great story together!

(P.S. I am fond of FxF, but it is not a requirement.)

Last edited:
A formality if you will, since we have already communicated in direct messaging, but let me post my application.

1) Hel, 22 years old.

2) Premise: Magical realism setting, degenerate young woman is suddenly and inadvertently burdened with a cosmic-scale responsibility and has to choose between her leisurely lifestyle and the lives of thousands of sentient beings. IEC quotient combo, focusing on theme of accountability.

3) No personal preferences beyond playing an ensemble cast.

Yukihyo, 27 female

Premise: Fantasy medieval setting, a witch is trying to save the royal heir to the Kingdom taken over by an evil King bent on killing all magical life and teams up with a loner inadvertently trying to save the lives of magical creatures. Focuses on the intent to save the lives of magical creatures against the dangerous forces of the evil King.

Requests: Play the royal heir, romance mxf if it meshes well, nsfw is fine and post length is what you're comfortable with and able to play multiple characters

I hope I did that right-

Last edited:
Yukihyo, 27 female

Premise: Fantasy medieval setting, a witch is trying to save the royal heir to the Kingdom taken over by an evil King bent on killing all magical life and teams up with a loner inadvertently trying to save the lives of magical creatures. Focusing on choices made and the consequences of those choices.

Requests: Play the royal heir, romance mxf if it meshes well, nsfw is fine and post length is what you're comfortable with and able to play multiple characters

I hope I did that right-
Great job! Let's get to work!

Intro: I'm Chie, age 27.

Premise: What starts as a regular school day evolves turns into two girl's struggle for survival as all exists from the grounds are sealed and student begin turning into monstrous creatures. CEMI Structure.

Request: Play a strong willed character, as mine will be on the meeker side at the start. I feel like a non-stereotypical bully would work wonders, but we can discuss character dynamics later if I'm chosen. The story will be mature but SFW as I don't want to sexualize the characters, though I guess the topic might be implied if necessary for a horror section. The story should take place during a couple in-story days, maybe a week tops, so it should be relatively short by RP standards.

This would be my first dab into horror so I wish to start with a classic horror setting and just paint it in my colors.

Intro: I am Can, in my early 30s.

Premise: "Waking up in their hotel that has been taken over by dark magic, unlucky guests must descend into hell to survive or die trying."

Request: Have fun with building your character because I will. Romance is acceptable as a character development tool, but incredibly low on priority/importance for me to the point I won't go further than a paragraph or two focused on the romance before bringing attention to the main subject of the story.

Last edited:
Hi! You can call me Kyle, soon to be 28. I was going to move passed this post, but I am currently in a writing rut and hey, maybe doing an rp with a professional editor will help me hone my craft.

Story premise: In a world ruled by an evil king who has found a way to weaponize prophecy, where the people can't so much as go to the store without receiving a preminition from the king's readers, one (or two) hero(s) is born with the power to shatter fate and free the people from the shackles of destiny.

My demands are pretty simple. I have no requirement for post length, as long as it advances the plot/builds the character. If you can figure out a way to do that in 1 line, power to you - and also TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.
Romance is always a fun addition to a story, but I don't want it to overshadow the main plot. With that in mind, I prefer to play male "main" characters, and if we do include romance, my personal comfort is MxF. But I'll probably be filling the world with all kinds of characters of any gender, sexual orientation, age, race, class, etc. Having said all of that, romance is by no means a requirement.
I prefer to steer away from NSFW/smut, no matter the age of our characters. I'm find with darker themes, however. Some of my characters backstories can be pretty grim.
Thats about all I can think of! Let me know if your interested.

Sorry everyone for not getting to you ask quickly as I could. There has been a personal issue that needs my attention, and rp would be a wonderful distraction from it. Nevertheless, I must attend to it. Please be patient with me. Sorry again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back