• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

laburnum gold

you know ;)
GUIDANCE :
How willing are you to take to get what you want?

the best things in life aren't permanent. if you don't fight for them, you'll get nothing but scraps. is that what you want? is that why you're here?

[go to office hours! your professors want to help you.]
© eskie

[div class="container"] [div class="themetitle"]rose colored glasses[/div] [div class="profile"] [div class="profilepic"] [div class="ppcolor"][/div] [/div] [div class="navbar"] [div class="navitem"] moody [/div] [div class="navitem"] college [/div] [div class="navitem"] drama [/div] [div class="navitem"] dark academia aesthetic [/div] [div class="navitem"][/div] [div class="navitem"][/div] [div class="navitem"][/div] [div class="navitem"] dm+player plot ideas [/div] [div class="navitem"] character-driven [/div] [div class="navitem"] detailed but snappy [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class="content"] [div class="scrollable"] [div class="title"]Iris & Candor University[/div] [div class="info infofont"] [div class="infob"]fun motifs[/div] eyes, could you tell?
crows, but not like usual
obelisks, what you'd expect [/div] [div class="info pic"][/div] [div class="info infofont"] [div class="infob"]inspirations[/div] htgawm: premise
hannibal: tone riverdale: melodrama WINGS:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [/div] [div class="info pic"][/div] [div class="info infofont"] [div class="infob"]interest check[/div] you're here!
[div class="infob"]cs[/div] here!
[div class="infob"]lore[/div] here!
[div class="infob"]ic[/div] wait a bit!
[/div] [div class="info pic"][/div] [div class="title"]Tour[/div] [div class="description"] There are no colorful Harvard chairs or sprawling NYU campus, but Iris and Candor's infamous Tower looms in the distance and you know this place offers something you'll be hardpressed to find elsewhere. Thinking about other colleges is pointless, though; everyone in this tour has already committed. In a couple months, these people will be your classmates, roommates even.

Despite being summer, the campus is still bustling - the sounds of music and laughter are a low thrum in the air. You trail behind the group, eyes dropping on the pickup volleyball game in the middle of the grass, and it's like you stepped into a movie instead of getting a glimpse of what will, improbably, become your reality.

Getting in meant the school thought you were special. Everyone they admit is talented. The student body is filled with prodigies, celebrities, and leaders (plus the people rich enough to keep up). The best of the best rubbing shoulders and competing against each other. You can't believe you got in.

Striding through your group, a confident woman nods at your tour guide before turning forward and meeting your gaze dead-on. The overwhelming feeling you get from her is something sharp, not from the angles of her cheeks or the collarbones shifting under her shirt, but from the too pointy ends of her smile. She keeps her eyes on you she passes by, smile turned into a smirk.

Despite the afternoon sun, you shiver. [/div] [div class="title"]Details[/div] [div class="description"] You'll be playing as first years at Iris & Candor University! Your characters will be coming in together, rooming on the same floor, and taking a specialized first-year seminar. They'll all have something that qualified them for ICU. Whether that's being a computer science genius, a celebrated actor, a D-1 qualifying athlete, it's all up to you! Their skills don't have to be unique - if two people want to make accomplished dancers, go for it - just consider making one a ballerina and the other one a breakdancer, etc. I'm looking for characters who'll be bright and ambitious and even a little strange. They don't have to invite tragedy, but I'd love it if they knocked on its door.

This will be their first taste of college, and it's a mixed bag of good and... weird. From house parties to secret societies, one night stands or the thrill of the chase, it'll be up to us to see how things go! [/div] [div class="title"]Notes[/div] [div class="description"] Hi! I thought about this concept for too long, and now I can't be happy if it's just in my head.

I have a lot of ideas, but I want this to be a... collaborative democracy? If I'm taking this somewhere that people don't like, I'll adjust, that sort of thing. This RP can stay realistic, but if you look at my inspirations, things can easily lead to the supernatural or melodramatic if there's interest in that.

I have the basis of this mapped out, but I think it'd be cool to have player-suggested subplots too! I'll be drawing from traditional D&D styles, so I'd love to have characters explore and find their own adventures in the middle of mine.

I prefer detailed posts as well as a fast pace, which makes me not like 10+ paragraph posts. Not that I like one-liners, either, but you know, things in moderation. We'll figure it out as we go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [class="themetitle"] font-family: Mate; font-size: 30px; text-shadow: 3px 3px rgb(206, 89, 77, 0.8); position: absolute; margin-top: -58px; margin-left: -15px; [/class] [class="container"] margin: 20px auto; width: 600px; max-width: 95%; height: auto; padding: 10px 1px; text-align: center; background-color: lightgray; border: 4px double #ce594d; border-radius: 3px; [/class] [class="profile"] margin: auto; display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; width: 100%; max-width: 150px; height: auto; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-right: 20px; [/class] [class="content"] margin: auto; display: inline-block; vertical-align: top; max-width: 400px; width: 100%; min-width: 210px; height: 320px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class="scrollable"] padding-right: 5%; height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; background-color: lightgray; text-align: center; [/class] [class="description"] font-family: Karla; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #eae4e7; box-sizing: border-box; display: inline-block; height: auto; width: calc(100% - 10px); padding: 15px; background-color: #2a1b18; border: 1px solid #eae4e7; box-shadow: 3px 3px #ac2122; margin-bottom: 4px; [/class] [class="profilepic"] margin-top: 4px; width: 100%; height: 150px; background-color: white; background: url('https://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/012/800/681/augustinemix3-2279.jpg?rect=0,0,499,499&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max'); background-size: cover; background-position: center center; box-shadow: -4px -4px #db2d2e; [/class] [class="ppcolor"] position: absolute; margin-top: 4px; margin-left: 4px; height: 150px; width: 150px; border: 1px solid #db2d2e; [/class] [class="navbar"] margin-top: 10px; width: 100%; height: auto; text-align: left; [/class] [class="navitem"] font-family: Cutive Mono; display: inline-block; width: auto; height: auto; padding: 1px 4px; font-size: 10px; text-align: center; color: #eae4e7; background-color: #2a1b18; box-shadow: 2px 2px #ac2122; border: 1px solid #eae4e7; border-radius: 10px; [/class] [class="title"] font-family: Mate; font-size: 25px; color: #2a1b18; text-shadow: 3px 3px rgb(206, 89, 77, 0.8); text-transform: lowercase; [/class] [class="info"] vertical-align: top; display: inline-block; height: auto; min-height: 100px; width: 90px; max-width: 30%; padding: 10px; text-align: left; background-color: #2a1b18; box-shadow: -3px -3px #ac2122; border: 1px solid #eae4e7; margin: 5px; [/class] [class="pic"] background: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/4a68206e42b2808167edb91a0ea57597/tumblr_pcgi511qM61tw4buoo1_400.jpg'); background-size: cover; background-position: center center; box-shadow: 3px 3px #ac2122; [/class] [class="infob"] display: inline-block; color: #ce594d; [/class] [class="infofont"] font-family: Cutive Mono; font-size: 9.4px; font-weight: lighter; color: #eae4e7; [/class] [class name="navitem" state=hover] transition: ease-in-out 0.7s; color: #eae4e7; background-color: #ac2122; box-shadow: 2px 2px 1px #2a1b18; [/class] [class="fadeout"] transition: ease-in-out 0.7s; color: #eae4e7; background-color: #2a1b18; box-shadow: 2px 2px #ac2122; [/class] [script class="navitem" on=mouseleave] addClass fadeout [/script]

Last edited:
i'm interested in maybe too many roleplays but this is too good so
you can consider me interested
:angels:

the fact that the premise is inspired by htgawm makes me very interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back