• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Roleplay within a roleplay (looking for a group)

Jamie Ea

Intermediate Roleplayer
The roleplay sets in a neighbourhood where all the kids play a roleplaying game involved warriors and mages, but a rival community threatens them. The setting will involve makeshift fortresses, modern streets and even a school. The fantasy elements will be in the imaginations of the kids and there will a lot of modern references.

Pending interest here as well! (Hi tortle. Long time no misspell name.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Doorman]Pending interest here as well! (Hi tortle. Long time no misspell name.)

[/QUOTE]
Hello, good sire.

Sorry, guys! (' :) )

So you're all interested?

Would you like to help me come up with ideas for the roleplay?

And by now, I won't be on as much because of school (-n-)

( ;) ) But I also stay up late

@Jamie Ea

Hey, do you mind if my character is a punk rocker, rebellious type who secretly likes to roleplay but doesn't tell people because it'd ruin her badass girl reputation? xD I just think it'd be funny to have her showing up to the game sessions in some sort of disguise so she won't be recognized.

As for ideas for the actual roleplay....I got nothing. Sorry.

I have an idea for classes

Warrior

For as long as war has raged, heroes from every race have aimed to master the art of battle. Warriors combine strength, leadership, and a vast knowledge of arms and armor to wreak havoc in glorious combat. Some protect from the front lines with shields, blocking enemies while allies support the warrior from behind with spell and bow. Others forgo the shield and unleash their rage at the closest threat with a variety of deadly weapons. The warrior’s battle cries embolden friends and leave foes cowering in fear. With legendary precision, warriors target the smallest gaps in armor and slice at hamstrings in a blur of steel.

Ranger

For those who relish the thrill of the hunt, there are only predators and prey. Be they scouts, trackers, or bounty hunters, rangers share much in common: unique mastery of specialized weapons, skill at stalking even the most elusive game, and the expertise to defeat a wide range of quarries. Knowledgeable, patient, and skilled hunters, these rangers hound man, beast, and monster alike, gaining insight into the way of the predator, skill in varied environments, and ever more lethal martial prowess. While some track man-eating creatures to protect the frontier, others pursue more cunning game—even fugitives among their own people.

Mage

students gifted with a keen intellect and unwavering discipline may walk the path of the mage. The arcane magic available to magi is both great and dangerous, and thus is revealed only to the most devoted practitioners. To avoid interference with their spellcasting, magi wear only cloth armor, but arcane shields and enchantments give them additional protection. To keep enemies at bay, magi can summon bursts of fire to incinerate distant targets and cause entire areas to erupt, setting groups of foes ablaze. Masters of ice can command blizzards that tear into flesh and limit movement. Should enemies manage to survive this assault, the mage can shrink them into harmless sheep in the blink of an eye.

Cleric

Clerics are devoted to the spiritual, and express their unwavering faith by serving the people. For millennia they have left behind the confines of their temples and the comfort of their shrines so they can support their allies in war-torn lands. In the midst of terrible conflict, no hero questions the value of the priestly orders. These masters of the healing arts keep their companions fighting far beyond their normal capacities with an array of restorative powers and blessings. The divine forces at the priest’s command can also be turned against foes, smiting them with holy fury.

Druid

Druids harness the vast powers of nature to preserve balance and protect life. With experience, druids can unleash nature’s raw energy against their enemies, raining celestial fury on them from a great distance, binding them with enchanted vines, or ensnaring them in unrelenting cyclones. Druids can also direct this power to heal wounds and restore life to fallen allies. They are deeply in tune with the animal spirits of the world. As master shapeshifters, druids can take on the forms of a variety of beasts, morphing into a bear, cat, storm crow, or sea lion with ease. This flexibility allows them to fill different roles during their adventures, tearing enemies to shreds one minute and surveying the battlefield from the sky the next. These keepers of the natural order are among the most versatile heroes, and they must be prepared to adjust to new challenges on a moment’s notice

Paladin

This is the call of the paladin: to protect the weak, to bring justice to the unjust, and to vanquish evil from the darkest corners of the world. These holy warriors are equipped with plate armor so they can confront the toughest of foes, and the blessing of the Light allows them to heal wounds and, in some cases, even restore life to the dead. Ready to serve, paladins can defend their allies with sword and shield, or they can wield massive two-handed weapons against their enemies. The Light grants paladins additional power against the undead and demons, ensuring that these profane beings corrupt the world no longer. Paladins are not only zealots, but also guardians of the righteous, and they bestow blessings on those the Light would shine upon. The Light radiates from paladins, and worthy allies who stand near them are emboldened by its power.

Assassin, Dark Knight and Necromancer classes would be interesting. Plus, a Monk class (martial-arts inspired rather than Guild Wars healing) as well!

And, I'm interested!

Well, the Assassin class is REALLY popular so I wouldn't want just an entire creed of them

Necromancer, maybe

Monk, sure

Necromancer

A Necromancer is a caster that is able to expel negative energies flowing through their veins. Necromancers are similar to sorcerers, but are more adept with necromancy and, to some extent, enchantment spells. They use their abilities to gain absolute control over their enemies' bodies, minds and souls and usually the best thing to do that is by raising/summoning undead from their fallen enemies, skill at which they are unparalleled. Necromancers are also effective with diseases, poison spells, and affecting opponents with fear, fatigue, exhaustion, pain, negative energy damage, or even gaining mindless supporters through the use of enchantment spells like charm or dominate.

Monk

Masters of bare-handed combat, monks never rely solely on the need to have a weapon in their hands to defend against their enemies. Although most widely known to the outside world for their fearsome jabs and flying kicks, they refuse to limit themselves to a single method of combat. Many monks prefer instead to “soak it up” and seem to revel in the intoxicating effect of absorbing blow after blow while their companions press the attack. Other monks specialize in calling upon the restorative power of the mists to balance the good and bad energy within people, returning them to good health and fortune.

Here's my idea:

Heroes of G'hanis

An order made when the land seemed at it's darkest, when G'hanis was at the mercy of chaos. The Heroes of G'hanis fought off the ones who threatened the innocent and now face a threat from beyond town, a new force which plans on purging G'hanis.​

Sounds good to me, though is it all right if I added a suggestion? Perhaps we could say that the Heroes of G'hanis are no longer as respected as they used to be, especially since people have been spoiled by peace. Especially if the Heroes were formed a long time ago and have been an order for decades.

A long time ago was exagerrated (it was actually just 2 years)

They weren't respected at all, they're kids and no one really acknowledged them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess a D&D style system, it fits the roleplay

For magic, I had some pretty funny ideas lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back