Roleplay Pet Peeves

It seriously is! Probably the worst is like, completely different personalities at the RP moved along. One minute the character is kind, then rude. It makes no sense.

I won't deny that's part of the reason, but it's mostly because a scythe is terrible as a weapon.

Do you ever just have your character call the sycth wielder on that bs? XD Sounds like it'd be hilarious.

Second that. You're better with a quarterstaff or something. Those are some of the most efficient weapons, if put in the right hands, that is.

some of the Peasant Weapons like Quarterstaves and Daggers are Extremely effective when used in combat by even a Novice. the Scythe was such an impractical weapon that it had to be reforged into a wannabe Glaive to make it more effective. the reason glaives and other slashing polearms are banned in Hema Re-Enactments are the same reason they were highly effective on the battlefield. Slashing polearms really pick up kinetic force at an extremely fast rate and tend to pack quite the impact. meaning, even if they don't cut through a target's armor, they will still break several of the target's ribs upon impact and leave some nasty internal bleeding. this is also one thing that made quarterstaves highly effective against full plate.

the Farmer Style Scythe used by the Grim Reaper is impractical. but a Glaive made by modifying and reforging a Scythe or Gardening Hoe was a Very Effective Slashing Polearm called a Fauchard. Fauchards were highly effective.

Biggest rp pet peeve...

People not leading in their writing
give the next person something to work with! Roleplay is a group effort and it makes everything harder if people don't write with others in mind.

War sycthes are actually a thing. Though they were more of a polearm with a single edged curved blade. Like a spear with a slight curve. But they were mainly used because during peasant uprisings, people couldn't afford actual weapons so they'd re-purpose farming tools. In this case, rotating the scythe blade at a 90 degree angle and reattaching it. This way, it was good for stabbing, cutting and didn't go too deep so that it was easy to remove.

Still, this is not the type of scythes people are using and I'm still tired of people treating their angsty reaper starter kits as though they're just so superior to anything else.

The perfect character. The guy who has every thing, is apparently amazing looking and charming, and is ultimately badass. Its Not like it is a joke or troll, they are dead serious about it and while take criticism harshly. I would ban the fuck out of these people from my RPs

When people have a certain weapon within a logical fightin' RP that has the mystical capabilities of defying the laws of physics.

"Ah, yes. Lemme just whip out my 9mm pistol capable of penetrating any form of metal alloy and passing through a line up of buildings whilst wiping out all of its inhabitants with whimsical ease."

It's OK if it's fantasy. But if you're RPing, say, the Second World War, your M1911 ain't going to do much against that Panzer III.

Last edited:
When people have a certain weapon within a logical fightin' RP that has the mystical capabilities of defying the laws of physics.

"Ah, yes. Lemme just whip out my 9mm pistol capable of penetrating any form of metal alloy and passing through a line up of buildings whilst wiping out all of its inhabitants with whimsical ease."

It's OK if it's fantasy. But if you're RPing, say, the Second World War, your M1911 ain't going to do much against that Panzer III.

there is a point where fantasy gets ridiculous. if we could develop a semi automatic 9mm pistol with this much penetration and this much range, we wouldn't need another firearm

I wouldn't say kill. More likely result in a jelly arm... if the arm doesn't fly off...

the amount of recoil from the example 9mm pistol that can penetrate a line of reinforced buildings would be enough to knock you prone with enough force to shatter your spinal cord into many tiny shards. which would kill you.

Well, it depends on how you're firing it, of course. If you're firing this super weapon like a .50 calibrate anti-material rifle (operating within a prone position with a bipod that was for some reason developed for a pistol attached), then you'll be screaming "OH MY HAND" for quite some time, since this weapon has just gone through several buildings constructed of alloy metals.

Well, it depends on how you're firing it, of course. If you're firing this super weapon like a .50 calibrate anti-material rifle (operating within a prone position with a bipod that was for some reason developed for a pistol attached), then you'll be screaming "OH MY HAND" for quite some time, since this weapon has just gone through several buildings constructed of alloy metals.

most roleplayers wouldn't do that. they would try to treat it like they were firing a pistol and expect to suffer none of the consequences, complaining when you declare them dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back