• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings roleplay era... (open!)

era

brief intro!

hello there !! normally, i'd be writing more for a situation like this, but i'm going to keep things short and sweet. welcome to my very own search thread !!!! thank you for clicking here, i'm so excited to plot with you guys : ))

about me!

here's just a short little blurb of things you might need to know about me before commenting or shooting me a dm !!

- i'm era, i'm new to the site, but i think i'm kind of catching on quickly! i'm a stressed, tired student from the middle of nowhere, aiming for a degree in music education !!
- est timezone
- i'm very ghost friendly !! obviously, i'd prefer a bit of communication, but i won't hold it against you if you ever stop replying. life happens, i completely understand.
- my heavily preferred pairing is male x male, but i'm absolutely open to male x female or female x female.
- my preferred genre is romance, and i would choose anything hyper-realistic over fantasy.
- i'm very busy and i may or may not go inactive for a quick one-two.
- i saw someone use the term "lazy lit," and i thought it was so funny, and it kind of describes me. you can expect decent responses from me, but sometimes i might feel a little uninspired and my responses might not be up to par. i tend to avoid using proper grammar in introductory posts and plotting, and character work tends to be lazy, but other than that, i would consider myself semi-literate to literate, but i will match the length and quality of my partner.
- i'm cool with rpn and discord, but i'd prefer to just keep everything here.
- i don't really do fandom roleplays, but there are some i'll probably be open to doing, i'll list a few below : ). only ocs from me

about you!

i don't expect a whole lot, i'm pretty lenient about most things, but here are a few loose guidelines to know before getting into it.

- ALL RPN GUIDELINES APPLY! please fade to black if/when necessary!!!
- be respectful, this should be a positive environment and an enjoyable experience for both of us!
- please refrain from using one-liners :'). anything less than a well-thought-out paragraph will most likely make me lose interest quickly.
- contribute as much as you can to plotting, and i'll try to do the same : )
- only write in third person + past tense !!!!!!!!!!! (non-negotiable)

about the roleplays!

onto the fun stuff! to reiterate, romance is pretty much a must for me, my preferred pairing is mxm, and i'd prefer plots to be mostly realistic. any highschool-aged characters should be eighteen.

pairings!

i'm really open to any pairing you're craving, but here's a list of just a few i'm down for!

- roommate x roommate
- neighbor x neighbor
- singer x bandmate
- theatre kid x rival theatre kid
- popular x outcast
- jock x nerd
- stoner x stoner
- stoner x anyone
- coworker x coworker
- barista x customer
- famous x famous
- famous x fan
- famous x hater
- employee x ceo
- tutor x tutee
- foreign x local
- literally any pairing idea you might have

fantasy stuff!

i'm down for anything werewolves or vampires, maybe a wizard type beat. ghosts are cool too. i'm also down for anything supernatural as long as it has realism.

barebone plots

these are some basic things i have planned, not fully-thought out plots, but they have potential to become something
- romeo and juliet
- drunken confessions
- enemies to lovers (a classic)
- best friends to lovers
- hallway crush
- soulmates
- horror/slasher
- summer camp
- spin the bottle type beat
- any other ideas you might have!!

plots & starters

here are some actual plots/starters if you're interested : )

plot #1: muse a and muse b are both in high school, and as punishment for falling asleep in class, they're both forced to stay after school to clean. but as they're cleaning the closet, the door suddenly slams shut, and they're locked in, unable to get out. there's no cell service, and the closet is very tight and claustrophobic. the two of them are stuck there all night with no way out.

plot #2: a big group of people were invited on a week-long winter getaway to a log cabin in the middle of a snowy mountain range. all weather forecasts said there would be a massive snowstorm, and everyone left the cabin before it hit the area... all except muse a and muse b. big mistake. they were completely snowed in with no way out. just two people trapped together inside a massive cabin with no connection to the outside world.

plot #3: muse a is a drunk surfer at a beach party, and muse b is the designated driver. all muse a wants to do is go surfing, which is dangerous while in such an intoxicated state, and all muse b wants is to not have to play "lifeguard" for their drunk friend. (no plot past that, i just thought that could make for an interesting dynamic.)

plot #4: muse a was muse b's childhood best friend, and the two of them were inseparable until they were around 10 years old, when muse a moved away. years later, muse a found himself back in muse b's hometown, and the two best friends were reunited after years and years of not seeing each other.

plot #5: muse a was on a summer retreat with their family on some mediterranean island. while on the retreat, they met muse b, a resident of that island. they have a summer romance, but they were separated once the summer concluded, never to see each other again. .....at least, that's what they thought, before they unexpectedly crossed paths years later. but the moment was awkward, both people seemed to have changed drastically since the last time they saw each other.

plot #6: muse a is a musician on a national tour, when the tour bus broke down in the middle of the road, with no chance of starting back up for a while. they start wandering around the town, when they encounter muse b, who is completely sheltered and unfamiliar with muse a's music. muse b took muse a into their home (at least until the bus started running again), and they eventually formed a real emotional connection, and that eventually turned into love. just when things start getting intense, muse a has to go back on tour again...

fandoms

as promised somewhere above, here are some fandoms that i MIGHT be interested in doing. (very much not preferred, though).

- harry potter
- disney
- mean girls
- newsies maybe?!?!?!
- fairytale kinda thing? like once upon a time/into the woods/whatever
- percy jackson
- survivor/total drama maybe 💀

outro

that's all from me! thank you for taking the time to read through this thread, i appreciate it a lot. hope to plot with some of you silly geese soon < 3 !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back