What's new

Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure

Dice System
Robotech
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Deunan lines up her main gun on that Female Powered Armor suit. "Damnit! Kerensky, paint the target. We will cover you. Firebase, send that fire mission! We will be designating your target! Everyone, target that bitch! Hit her with your Sabot rounds and drop her!" Here we go! With that thought, she fires.
On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +7
Parry: +9 - +12 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +10
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative:
Damage: +2 from Ps

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +9 with Cannons, +10 to HtH, +11 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +13 (+1)
Dodge: +13 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +2 (+2)

APFSDS: 30 / 29
Plasma: 5
MPAT: 10
Smoke: 3

Left Shield: 500
Right Shield: 500
Main Body: 475
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Alissa freezes with the FPA looking for her. Fear runs the course through her body.

I guess today's a good time to die. "I've been spotted, team," she whispers into the comm. "Painting target!" She stands firm, aims at the Cyclops, and activates the laser.
 

Rykon

One Thousand Club
Alan was hoping to let the Power Armor burn a little more time searching before opening fire, but the incoming Sabot round would certainly get it ready to move into battle. "Well, shit... Alissa just stay put behind what cover you can while painting. I'll hammer them with every damn grenade on this belt if I have to and draw their attention away from your position if they don't drop dead first. Marlon, Neo, Deunan... let's make em work for every step."

Alan punctuated his transmission with a 6 round cluster of HEAP at the leading Power Armor.

Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +5 (+3PP) +2 Command
Parry: +4 (+3PP +2Boxing) +1 Command
Dodge: +4 (+3PP +1Boxing) +1 Command
Roll: +3 (+2HTH +1Boxing)
Perception: +8 (+8IQ)
Initiative: +1 Command
Damage: +12 (+12PS)
Horror Save: +3 (+3OCC)
 
Last edited:

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
MDC
Main Body: 475/
Cannon: 150/
Arm L: 150/
Arm R: 150/

Arm Shield L: 500/

Arm Shield R: 500/
Leg L: 260/
Leg R: 260/
Pilot Compartment: 150/




In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6, +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike Cannon: +8 (+2 UC)
Strike EU-11: +10(+2 UC)
Strike MIW-20: +8(+2 UC)
Hth strike: +9(+2 UC), +12 damage
Parry: +10 (+1 UC)
Dodge: +9 (+1 UC)
Roll: +10
Perception: +9
Initiative: +2 (+1 UC)

105mm Shells
APFSDS: 15
Plasma: 15
MPAT: 15
HEAT: 0
Canister: 0
Smoke: 3


105mm Cannon, Damage
APFSDS: 3d6x10
Plasma: 2d8x10, 25ft AoE
MPAT: 2d6x10, 50ft AoE
HEAT: 2d6x10
Canister(half range): 1d8x10, 25ft AoE
Canister(full range): 1d4x10, 50ft Aoe
Smoke: n/a, 100ft AoE


Rate of Fire: Twice per melee round
Payload: 48 rounds
Note: Typical loadout for the Hover Tank is nine shells of each kind except for the smoke rounds. Those have three rounds, unless something different is required for the mission.

EU-11 Gunpod
Single blast: 1d8
Five shot burst: 1d4x10
Ammo(rechargeable): 140/140

MIW-20 Triple Barreled Ion Pulse (tank mode only)
Three round burst: 1d6x10
Ammo: N/A

A change of plans! Marlon swung the barrel of the tank to the profile of the FPA. To take that giant down as quickly as possible. Stay safe guys. Hopefully this was not going to draw more heat on them.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
The two heavy shells of the Hover Tanks combine with the punishment from the grenade launcher are more than enough to take down the Female Powered Armor unit. The response from the other Zentraedi is immediate. Three more of the FPA units burst up from the trees, hunting for what killed one of their own.

At this point, Neo begins to use her comms to send up broad spectrum jamming and cloud their radar. "No point in being quiet now, am I right?"


Miles away, the four Monster Destroids punch in the general grid coordinates for the target. Then as one, sixteen 40cm cannons roar as they send their heavy shells downrange, each cannon being the same size as the main guns on the old 20th century battleships that used to rule the oceans.
575250
575251

Now that their position has been compromised, the Cyclops powers up its engines to begin lifting up from the ground to get away, but it is moving too slow to be able to out-accelerate the incoming cannon shells. The result is nothing less than spectacular.

From their position on the ground, Alissa and Alan can hear the sound of the Cyclops beginning to lift. That is soon replaced by the tearing sound of the atmosphere being ripped apart by the massive Sabot rounds coming in. With Alissa using her designator, the sixteen shells are guided in unerringly to their target and slam into it. The first few shells hit hard armor and are deflected away, but under the continual rain of cannon shells, even the heavy armor of the Cyclops stands no chance.

It is literally ripped in two by the explosions taking place deep inside the Zentraedi spacecraft, sending rubble soaring up into the sky in all directions. Right now, Alan and Alissa are quite glad to be 1,200 feet out from ground zero, or else their own lives could be at risk.


At this point, there are still three very angry FPA pilots in the air, looking for some payback. It is at this time that there is a quadruple sonic boom as four black-painted Logan Veritechs come in at just over Mach 1. In pairs, the Flying Cats pick out two of the FPAs and as they race past, they launch their wing missiles from close range and score hits on their targets, destroying one of the two.

With two of their number destroyed, one badly damaged and the Cyclops destroyed, the two Zentraedi mecha boost off at high speed away, heading out towards the center of the Control Zone faster than the Logan mecha can follow.

Over the radio, you hear the sound of the lead pilot of the Black Cats calling out, "You almost didn't leave us anything to play with! Too bad that the two got away, but the big Theater Scout got tagged hard! I'm just glad that we were not in the air when those big shells were flying through!"
 

Rykon

One Thousand Club
Alan eventually rose from the foxhole covered in dirt and splinters. He was still unsteady on his feet from having all the seismic force of explosions throttle his bones beneath his skin. "Ugh... Still in one piece here Boss. Alissa, Doc, you ok over there? I think it's gonna take my teeth a minute to recover from the whiplash." He moved toward her location, just in case she might be trapped by debris or still rattled by the jaws of hell opening up on the enemy that was right in front of them. "I still got your trusty launcher here too Marlon. We should be ready to pack up once the ground stops swimming." He added with a chuckle, nearly bashing his face on an old tree lucky enough to survive the apocalypse of ordinance fire, for now.
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Alissa lowers the laser designator. The wind of the explosion ripples her hair. Her heart is racing. Being so close, unarmored was thrilling and incredibly scary.

She walks back and gets into her tank. “Well, that could have gone better, but could have been way worse. Thanks for the cover, everyone. Glad we got ‘em.”
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Deunan lets out a whoosh of air from her mouth as she sees the flaming wreck of the Cyclops fall to the earth. "Damn! That was freaking awesome! Firebase Charlie, your artillery barrage was right on target! One Cyclops is down for the count! Excellent work, Alissa! And thank you Boomer for your timely arrival with your Black Cats!" She shifts her mecha into Battloid mode and begins to walk forward toward Alan and Alissa. Just because the powered suits flew off does not mean that there isn't any more Zentraedi in the area, and by God she is not going to be writing any letters about a death in the squadron.

"Strong work, Third Heavy! Once our forward observers are back to their tanks, lets get our trailers reattached and head for Canoas. We still have water systems to deliver!"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
With the destruction of the Cyclops, and the retreat of the two Queadluun-Rau Powered Armor, the squad is now free to once more hit the road. It takes you only a few minutes to reattach the trailers to the tanks and head out on your way to Canoas. The road leading up to the one main street is narrow and winding, and it finally comes out at the top of a fairly sizable mountain where the small village is crowded into the tight space.

Unlike your last stop, the streets are much quieter, with only a small few people out and about as you arrive. The entire atmosphere just feels wrong somehow, but there is nothing specific you can put your fingers on.

When the tanks come to a stop, three older women come out of one of the houses and approach the squad. One of the women speak to you in rapid fire Spanish, then switches to broken English when it is clear that you have no idea what she is talking about. "You here for fixing our water, yes? That is much good. Very thirsty we are."
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Deunan takes off her helmet and smiles down at the women as they approach the tanks. When they start speaking, she holds up her hands to stop them. "No haba Espanola. Do you speak English? Ah, good. Yes, we are here to fix your water problems. I am Sgt. Conway, and here is my team." She looks around, a sinking feeling starting to set in. What is wrong here? Why am I getting the heebie-jeebies in this place?

Continuing to look around, Deunan's hand never strays far from her sidearm.
On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +7
Parry: +9 - +12 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +10
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative:
Damage: +2 from Ps

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +9 with Cannons, +10 to HtH, +11 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +13 (+1)
Dodge: +13 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +2 (+2)

APFSDS: 30 / 29
Plasma: 5
MPAT: 10
Smoke: 3

Left Shield: 500
Right Shield: 500
Main Body: 475
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Alissa dismounts, watching the Sergeant speak with the women of the town. Something isn't right, but she can't put her finger on it. She begins going through the motions of unloading equipment, all the while taking every opportunity to look in all directions. Perhaps there is something they're all missing.

Until now, it hadn't truly occurred to Alissa that the town could be hostile or pose a threat. Now, she feels the mission shift in her mind. The town and tasks ahead feel monumental, suddenly. She had carried her sidearm with her in the last town, but here she felt herself checking to make sure it's there.
 

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
It's pretty easy to let down your defenses after such a decisive victory. Yet the sort of unsettling atmosphere of the village did wonders of taking away that feeling. After all, it was a confirmation of what the last village had said. Had gone quiet. It indeed looked like something was up. Under threat from the malcontents, perhaps, or harboring troops. Switching of loyalties.

Before he left his tank, he did a few scans with the thermal visor and radar. To see if anything stood out. As well as taking a good look around.

"Sergeant, maybe they are just a bit nervous. But maybe one of us should stay with the tanks." He suggested over the radio. Not necessarily him, but someone. After all, it was already confirmed by the last encounter that the Zentraedi were active in the area.


MDC
Main Body: 475/
Cannon: 150/
Arm L: 150/
Arm R: 150/

Arm Shield L: 500/

Arm Shield R: 500/
Leg L: 260/
Leg R: 260/
Pilot Compartment: 150/




In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6, +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike Cannon: +8 (+2 UC)
Strike EU-11: +10(+2 UC)
Strike MIW-20: +8(+2 UC)
Hth strike: +9(+2 UC), +12 damage
Parry: +13 (+1 UC)
Dodge: +12 (+1 UC)
Roll: +10
Perception: +9
Initiative: +2 (+1 UC)

105mm Shells
APFSDS: 14
Plasma: 15
MPAT: 15
HEAT: 0
Canister: 0
Smoke: 3


105mm Cannon, Damage
APFSDS: 3d6x10
Plasma: 2d8x10, 25ft AoE
MPAT: 2d6x10, 50ft AoE
HEAT: 2d6x10
Canister(half range): 1d8x10, 25ft AoE
Canister(full range): 1d4x10, 50ft Aoe
Smoke: n/a, 100ft AoE


Rate of Fire: Twice per melee round
Payload: 48 rounds
Note: Typical loadout for the Hover Tank is nine shells of each kind except for the smoke rounds. Those have three rounds, unless something different is required for the mission.

EU-11 Gunpod
Single blast: 1d8
Five shot burst: 1d4x10
Ammo(rechargeable): 140/140

MIW-20 Triple Barreled Ion Pulse (tank mode only)
Three round burst: 1d6x10
Ammo: N/A
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
As Deunan looks about, you are not seeing anything out of place at all. Perhaps you were wrong about your feelings on the town? Yep. Must have been post battle jitters getting to you.

Alissa looks around as she set up her vaccination tent with Neo's help. The younger girl is also looking a bit on edge, her eyes darting about. "I have the feeling that we're being watched. Kinda creepy, y'think? Where is everyone?" Now that Neo brings it up, you do spot flickers of movement from behind curtains, proof that there are people keeping watch on you.

Marlon also sees the eyes peeking out from the various buildings, and that is confirmed when you use your thermal image overlay. Most of the townspeople seem to be in hiding. At this point, you don't see any indicators that there are bombs or weapons deployed in the area, and according to your radar and other instruments, there is no other armored units in the area. Perhaps the people are scared of the Zentraedi that were in place down the road? Or, they might be scared of you.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Deunan hits her radio, "I'm not seeing anything out of place here; I'm guessing that living this far in the jungle and away from friendly support would make anyone jumpy. Just keep cool, and stay professional. We are here to help the town, not blow it to bits in a snipe hunt. Neo, once you have helped Doc Alissa set up her tent for the shots, keep yourself in your tank and keep watch. Everyone, just keep your eyes open and your heads on a swivel."
On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +7
Parry: +9 - +12 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +10
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative:
Damage: +2 from Ps

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +9 with Cannons, +10 to HtH, +11 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +13 (+1)
Dodge: +13 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +2 (+2)

APFSDS: 30 / 29
Plasma: 5
MPAT: 10
Smoke: 3

Left Shield: 500
Right Shield: 500
Main Body: 475
 

Rykon

One Thousand Club
Alan took his time scanning over the place despite the stifling heat in his face. "I'm not familiar with Spanish, Portuguese, or any other Latin languages honestly. If there is something actually off here, it's going to be extremely tough to uncover with a conversation. Let's try not to spread out too much, just incase." He whispered into the squad channel.

After having finished a cursory glance at the place, he made his best effort at forcing an energetic smile. "Well, back to work I guess. Let's see if we can get this one assembled any faster Marlon."
 

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
Alissa does her best to ignore the feeling of being watched, at least until she can finish her medical tent setup. She unloads all the equipment and the vaccine. Then she sets up the monitoring devices, her records terminal, and the station for vaccination.

Once she's completed the tasks, she takes a moment to sit and sip a cup of coffee. As she does so, she takes discreet glances around the town square, hoping to catch more than a glimpse of who could be watching.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Instead of the large crowd that Alissa had at her tent in the last town, there is only a small trickle of people coming to get their kids examined. Overall, the kids you are seeing are in mediocre health, and they could all use a vitamin booster, but so far there are not any serious ailments to look at.

At the rear of the hover tanks, Marlon and Alan are busy unloading the vital cargo of the water pumps. Now that you have had a chance to assemble one pump, this second one is going a little bit faster since you now know what parts go where without looking at the instructions as much.

Neo is making herself useful keeping a close lookout from the cockpit of her tank.

What is Deunan doing during this time?
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
First, Deunan will roll her metaphorical sleeves up and go help Marlon and Alan unload the trailer. She may not be much of a mechanic, but she can work to lift and haul stuff around. When it becomes clear that things are running smoothly with the pump, she will go over to sit with Alissa and try to offer up her help with calming the nervous mothers getting their kids inoculated, and wiping away the tears from the little ones that had just gotten a shot.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Since there are fewer 'helpers' getting in the way and your experience with assembling the pumps, things go along much faster and smoother here than at the last town. It is hot and sweaty work, and it leaves both Alan and Marlon with an ache in their arms, but soon enough you are done and the water is flowing nice and clean once more.

At the tent giving shots, between Alissa and Deunan giving their best bedside manner, the townspeople seem to be getting more comfortable around you. Ever so slowly, more people start to peek out from their houses and come over to investigate and start to fill up buckets of fresh water.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Deunan wipes away some grit off of a youngster's shoulder with a alcohol swab to prepare him for his shot from Alissa. "Here ya go, Alissa. Just like you showed me. He's all set." She is feeling quite glad that the inherent paranoia of the townspeople is fading away, and that they can see that the ASC soldiers are there to help them, not cause trouble and throw their weight around.

A quick glance at her wristcomp shows that they are getting close to time to move on. Deunan waves her hand over her head in a 'wrap it up' motion. "Ok, everyone. Time is passing, and we need to be on our way." She looks for the women that greeted them when they initially showed up. "I hope that you will continue to keep in touch with us for things that you need. We are here to help you out. Don't hesitate to call."

With a final wave from the top of her tank, Deunan starts up the engine and leads the team on down the road on the way to their third stop of the day.
 

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
While not particularly comfortable km the area. It probably was just nerves. And at least Neo would be watching after the tanks. And at least he didn't see any signs of Zentraedi or mecha around. It was enough to put it behind him and focus on the task at hand.

He gave Alan a smile and a nod and together they were sure to knock it out in no time.

Hot and sweaty work. He was good at hot and sweaty work. However hot or humid it was, putting things together was infinitely more enjoyable than digging trenches in climate like this.

Before they knew it, they were done. If he and Alan keep this pace up, they would be able to knock that last one out in no time.

After checking the water, and making sure the filter was working properly. Marlon would go through the whole spiel he did at the last town. Giving them the manual, and finding an English speaker to explain how to operate and maintain the machine. as well as how to clean the filter.

To the English speaker he had explained things to, he did have to ask the question. "So is everything going okay here? Everyone here seems pretty on edge."
 

D. Rex

Magic Eight Ball
(Lol nevermind. We can assume that instead he packed up his tools and got ready to follow the Sergeant.

Unless of course there is time to answer the question )
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Before Marlon can finish his packing, the man he talks to lets out a slight laugh. "We just . . . don't take too well to strangers in the village. Too often it is bad for us. But not you. Your people here are good, not bandits or the giants. You are welcome back, thanks to this." He places his hand on the edge of the water pump with a pleased expression in his face. "Thank you. We will be in touch."

Heading on the road once more, you are roughly an hour and a half from the third town.

Traveling along, you are roughly fifteen minutes out when you can start to see plumes of smoke coming up from the valley in front of you. It looks like whatever it is has burned for some time, and it seems like a good bet that it is the town you are going to.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Deunan calls out, "On alert, everyone! Drop the trailers here and get ready for some action. Major fire up ahead, and whatever that caused it may still be in the area." She feels in her bones that this is going to be bad. "Lets hover."
On Foot:
Number of Attacks: 5
Strike: +7
Parry: +9 - +12 with Heavy Combat Shield
Dodge: +10
Roll: +6
Perception: +12
Initiative:
Damage: +2 from Ps

In the Hover Tank:
Number of Attacks: 6 - +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14
Strike: +9 with Cannons, +10 to HtH, +11 with EU-11 (+2)
Parry: +13 (+1)
Dodge: +13 (+1)
Roll: +9
Perception: +12
Initiative: +2 (+2)

APFSDS: 30 / 29
Plasma: 5
MPAT: 10
Smoke: 3

Left Shield: 500
Right Shield: 500
Main Body: 475
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top