• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
You dont have to! Made it so you can just be along for the ride :) then she can go back to her room and cry herself to sleep, or a punch a pillow and pretend its Marlon. Or go talk to Gabi about it. (Just dont forget to bring Missy)

Or nothing at all! Marlon will have a sit down with her tomorrow in a much more civil and friendly fashion.
I'd like to wait for the timeskip.

Gives me a chance to plan out having Ryuko slam 'Missy' into Malron for making her go through all that BS.

Let's just say, that punishment for insubordination alone could be as severe as dishonorable discharge or even confinement. Assault would ensure that.

The "BS Marlon put her through" is very light in comparison.

While going through basic training as a M1 Abrams crewmember, one of our Drill Sergeants would like to use creative methods to discipline us, including making the offending private stand against a wall with a dummy round for the 120mm cannon hoisted up over our heads until our arms couldn't hold it anymore. Those shells are heavy, roughly 50-60 pounds, so if you managed to drop it on your head, it would leave quite a dent in your noggin.

Then there was the day we all spent low crawling around the parade grounds looking for a lost quarter that Drill Sgt Seitz had 'lost' out there.

Trust me, Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 , this is tame compared to what could have happened.

What I'm failing to understand is - Illya, you're saying after all this... Ryuko is not going to learn her lesson? And she's going to attempt some kind of vengeance on her superior for basically doing his duty?

In other words, are you really planning on Ryuko keeping up her behavior?

What I'm failing to understand is - Illya, you're saying after all this... Ryuko is not going to learn her lesson? And she's going to attempt some kind of vengeance on her superior for basically doing his duty?

In other words, are you really planning on Ryuko keeping up her behavior?
No. He was on point about how she's not doing any favors acting suicidal, and how everyone else is concerned about her well being, that it would more than likely shut her up for a good while, but holding on to a 'Partner' for the whole day might cause some snickering here and there.

No as in she wont change, or no as in she would?

But snickering here and there is something most military folk would get over pretty quick. And would certainly not happen in the presence of, in this case, Marlon or Duenan. (Also she is having a 'partner' for longer than a day)

I'd wager she could expect some friendly ribbing. Probably some folk trying to talk to Missy.

Would also wager that forty percent of the people there will find the situation she is in relatable.

You've dropped quite the little science project on me Purr Purr . Let's see if I can weave enough astro-nerd magic together into something that could work.

Oh! Sure! "Gabi and" I were just brainstorming, that's all. =) I can add more once I'm done with some Broadsword-related writing. Thanks for helping, Rykon Rykon !

The part that I'm really struggling with is that this is leading toward something that is halfway between Regult cannon and the Spartas cannon. Even Gabi admits the resulting weapon would likely be even smaller than what's on the Regult, so arguing for more than a 1d4x10 damage rating with a knockdown feature feels cheesy, despite the fact that the gun being replaced is 1d6x10 already and the change should be a legitimate improvement.

The alternatives are using a high energy mode for the IWS-40 like we did with the Eu-11 to extend the effective range and increase impact force (at the cost of something like shot capacity per melee round), bastardize the Spartas cannon into a more compact set of two that only has knockdown when fired two at once (again, shot capacity per round) ,or an even worse reality where we miniaturize the old Spartas cannon into a tungsten flinging rail gun that gives you miles long effect range to snipe little bioroid specks on the horizon while they frantically slide across the air on their little sky-scooters in a futile effort to close the gap before they get domed. Even the full legacy cannon had a per melee cooldown though. I also have to admit the high energy mode for the IWS-40, while a convenient path, seems kind of lame and boring. I think with the people here we can do better than that.

I've probably rewritten the post 4 times leaping through theoretical science hoops that aren't really even accessible in modern tech. Yet at the end of the day, pesky game balance demands we not go too far and build the airborne god rifle (though AGR-01 sounds like a good serial number while I'm squirreling on several tangents).

The raw reality I'm seeing is, distance is bought with physical payloads. Power is bought with cool-down timers. I like the idea of rail guns and I like the idea of a particle cannon. I don't want to diminish the identity of the Spartas, yet I don't want to deviate from what the Ajax is either. It still needs an ammo-less weapon at the end of the day. A backup, as it were. At least compared to missile salvos. Yet if it's too powerful and versatile, it will overthrow the whole purpose of the other weapons available to it.

The challenge is definitely intriguing, but I've spent quite a bit more time than I'd thought. Now I've gotta wind down for work with the dilemma of rail guns vs. beam cannons. It's nice that life has kept my priorities in check.

Ha ha ha! Thanks for the return-brainstorm, Rykon! =)

I'm thinking replacing the ion cannons with lasers are the way to go ("spoiler" alert - I have such an Ajax schematic weapon variant in my Broadsword game my PCs have yet to discover). I like the idea of a different mode for the ion cannons, though. Reduce their damage but extend their range. I sure don't want some big ol' kinetic cannon on the Ajax. Not only does that mess with the Spartas's roll as you said, it's just not something I'd want on something that flies. Give me something with no kick, endless ammunition, decent range, and damage. Anything else beyond that is just icing on the cake (and believe me, I can imagine me some serious mecha-related icing!). =)

Psychie Psychie What are your thoughts, oh Wonder Woman, er, Mighty Game Mistress? =)

Want!! Just being silly, but yeah, that would be cool. Sometime back, there was a YouTube video celebrating the Warthog's birthday so the video-makers proclaimed, "Happy BRRRRRT-day!!" =)

For whatever reason, as much as I like the sci-fi effects of the Valkyrie's GU-11 going off, I have often heard the sound of the A-10's gatling gun in its stead. The A-10 is such a bad-to-the-bone machine!! =)

Here's a good one too. This guy and his buddies are in it when they get the help of a Thunderbolt. =)

I hear Warthog and think M12-LRV and the "Puma". So this is new to me.

I'll have to take a look after work.

The A-10 goes by another name. The Thunderbolt. =)

I am open to the possibility of getting a new/upgraded energy weapon for the Ajax. It will take some time in game to be able to make the prototypes to experiment with.

That's fine! Whatever you're happy with having in the game is fine by me. Plus, this is engineering - it's supposed to take time! =)

Heck, anything to keep us alive and introduce the Robotech Masters to the Grim Reaper is fine in my book!

I hear Warthog and think M12-LRV and the "Puma". So this is new to me.

I'll have to take a look after work.
The A-10 is basically a plane that is designed around a very mean weapon.

Which is, essentially, what happens when you combine a minigun with a cannon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back