• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Robotech - Southern Cross Adventure - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Is there enough time to shift modes into battloid and use my Eu-11?

Your only option is to try and shoot them down by targeting one of the volley and hoping that the resulting blast makes a chain reaction and destroys the rest.

Psychie Psychie That's possibly a death-sentence. What about Deunan and Alan's chaff and flares?

Also, is there any way the rest of the team can help?

I had forgotten that I gave the VHT six chaff/flare packs. Yes, those would be a viable option to use instead of just shooting them down. That gives a 1-75% chance of confusing the volley and keeping you from getting hit.

As for the rest of you being able to help, I will consider the possibility if Rykon fails his roll.

Well, I nailed my roll to shoot the missiles, so I'll go ahead and stick with that.

I had forgotten that I gave the VHT six chaff/flare packs. Yes, those would be a viable option to use instead of just shooting them down. That gives a 1-75% chance of confusing the volley and keeping you from getting hit.

As for the rest of you being able to help, I will consider the possibility if Rykon fails his roll.

Thank you! As a PC and GM who has seen many a character die due to poor luck on the dice and circumstances (including my own!), I cannot help but lend both hands in this endeavor.

And if these drones are built along the same pattern as the FPA, they still have about one hundred more mini missiles in their arsenal. And now you know why they are considered to be such a dangerous foe.

The missiles fly in, but Gabi is quick to trigger her mecha's defense systems of the chaff and flares. This is just enough to save her life as the missiles fail to keep their lock on to her.

Whew! By my math, that was, at minimum, a 24d4 x10 Mega-damage smack! That averages 600 Mega-damage, more than enough to destroy either type of our mechs with only reinforced pilots' compartments to (maybe!) keep our characters alive. And if they hit with a crit? Forget it. Roll new character.

Thankfully I've been rather ignored this fight by the enemy. I think they don't see me as a threat (aka Psychie must be taking pity in me for my pitiful rolls)

Actually, the truth is, their Perception rolls to spot Marlon are equal to your current rolls! (I have no idea!) 8D

Missing? I'm not missing. I'm laying down suppressing fire. That's right, I'm missing on purpose. Can call me "Harrier".

Now... if only there was a mechanic for that...

The last Primary Drone tries another missile salvo, but this time only launches 12 of its payload, this time at Deunan. They will hit unless you either shoot them down or use your chaff.
(bold mine)

"Only?" That's still a minimum of 60D6 Mega-damage if it connected! These drones are playing for keeps! Not to pat myself on the back, but I am darned glad I brought up the chaff and flare dispensers, and I'm glad Psychie allowed them in-game for the VHTs! Can you imagine where we'd be without those dispensers right now?

Oof, a nat 1 one a dodge from attacks from 3 drones. That's going to hurt.

But I did finally get a good hit off!

Marlon's tank is rocked by more weapon fire, taking another 130 MDC of damage. Your counter fire hits and successfully wipes out one more drone.

These RP Nation dice!

With a nat 1 dodging? It would likely involve me hitting my spartas own head with the shield. Besides, I think it will be fun to take some lumps. Its not like they are shooting missiles at me.

D. Rex D. Rex I'm with Sherwood's recommendation. Remember, Parrying doesn't cost Actions. Dodging does. And guess what happens when use up all of your Actions and need to Dodge?

These RP Nation dice!

D. Rex D. Rex I'm with Sherwood's recommendation. Remember, Parrying doesn't cost Actions. Dodging does. And guess what happens when use up all of your Actions and need to Dodge?
Oh... lol and I thought it was the other way around. Completely forgot. Oh well. Ill take my lumps and remember next time. No more dodging for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back