• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy RiverCrest Vampires [open to new members]

Either born under a new moon so yes naturally born with the ability to change at will or bitten under a new moon and survives the change. Both very difficult circumstances

So unlikely.
But seeing as so far im the only werewolf, would it be acceptable?

So, what are the limits on the use of surplus ex-communist arms and munitions bought on the cheap through the black market after post crash of the USSR?

Idea- Before Vampires and Werewolves had a grip on Witches, they were higher in respect, and even took servants. When the vamps and wolves asserted dominance over the witches, they abducted or even killed a very prestigious witch. Back in that time, servants would have been destitute, and spiritually weak or tainted. Outcasts. Even mentally frail, the witch they served being their only foothold on reason. Without them, they would panic and give into impulse, whether that be rescue or revenge, they would delve into the witches studies and materials. The thing is, many different things could change what hunters are to that day. That servant could have gained power, but are fundamentally corrupted by a malevolent power, and so are all other hunters. Maybe after the servants task, he was taken aside and the process was refined.
Or perhaps the witches, sensing a threat from the other supernaturals, took people and deliberately crafted a curse for them like that. Either way, I don't feel like the hunters are pure beings, but rather are constantly having to hold onto something lest they lose themselves to their desire to maim and kill the abhorrent. Through such a either poorly prepared, understood, or just a spell thoroughly understood but executed out of desperation the hunters found disgust in most to all supernatural beings. Even their creators.
Arael Arael

So, what are the limits on the use of surplus ex-communist arms and munitions bought on the cheap through the black market after post crash of the USSR?

Well if it's something your character would find a great use in, rather than anything traditional. I'd say take what you need and make sure it's modified for the very creatures you hunt, and just don't walk around with a whole military artillery on your back. Keep it realistic and be creative

Also, would someone clearify what the predator and prey intails?

Just something I came up with that kind of separates the group in a sort of "food chain" if you will so it kind of shows their standing and what they are truly capable of, I'll give you a few examples.

Hunters- may be predator or prey simply based upon their training and how they function with or without weapons. A new hunter would obviously be pretty while a full fledged hunter could be considered a Predator.

Vampires- are primarily predators but if one refuses to dine on human blood (A highly recommended source) and instead uses animals as a foods source they will be relatively weaker and can be considered Prey.

Werewolves- of course are natural Predators without even knowing it sometimes, but those who fear what they become and lock themselves away during a change will of course lack any experience other than bashing their own skull against a wall, therefore making them Prey.

Witches- are a unique case, while holding limitless power in a sense to one's own will they are usually considered Prey due to their docile nature and being human of course. But if properly trained and capable of holding their own, although small percentage can be considered predators but of course most don't go out with the intention to kill..at least not without reason.

Arael Arael Obviously, the relationship between hunters and werewolves/vampires is pretty obvious, but I was wondering about the general feelings between witches and hunters as well as between vampires, werewolves, and witches. I know this probably relates to the lore/plot points being worked out, but since there's a temporary peace and they're all living amongst each other I was wondering if there are any stigmas or inherent attitudes or if it depends from person to person. Additionally, I wouldn't suspect we would go the Twilight route where vampires and werewolves are natural enemies, but I could be wrong. I could definitely see them being somewhat at odds given that they're both powerful predators and possibly have a bad history but let me know.

Also, your theme song choice for Damien is perfect.

Last edited:
Arael Arael Obviously, the relationship between hunters and werewolves/vampires is pretty obvious, but I was wondering about the general feelings between witches and hunters as well as between vampires, werewolves, and witches. I know this probably relates to the lore/plot points being worked out, but since there's a temporary peace and they're all living amongst each other I was wondering if there are any stigmas or inherent attitudes or if it depends from person to person. Additionally, I wouldn't suspect we would go the Twilight route where vampires and werewolves are natural enemies, but I could be wrong. I could definitely see them being somewhat at odds given that they're both powerful predators and possibly have a bad history but let me know.

Also, your theme song choice for Damien is perfect.

I'm actually glad you asked this, it helps give insight as to how the characters should be able to treat one another.

To answer your first one, the feelings between witches and hunters is fairly neutral but as I mentioned witches are at the bottom of the 'food chain' therefore they are viewed as tools by the hunters not equals. But there are those who week together peacefully and even can be considered friends, that's found more in the younger generation though bit even some teenage hunters use witches as tools and nothing else.

As for their treaty it poses as an act for temporary peace but it's more like tolerance of each other's existence. It states that there is no killing allowed without good enough reason and that the witches and Werewolves are allowed the forest while the Vampires are allowed to move about the city as they see fit as long as they don't bring unwanted attention to either party. But I've also come up with several rules for each group that I'll consider putting on a lore sheet. Hunters are also allowed to kill only those who have been drawing unwanted attention or those who threaten them.

And finally your last question, we won't be going the Twilight routewith them being natural enemies but rather it's more of a power struggle between the two species, as both want complete control over territory you could imagine the years of war and bloodshed would drive bad blood between them. But in a modern society they tend to tolerate each other's existence but of course they have their falling outs and slurs towards each other. "Mutts" "parasite" etc.. but of course it all falls onto the person and what they believe since it's sort of like politics in a manner forcing everyone to pick a side, while there are those who just don't care or are neutral on the topic you're still expected to side with your own kind or face the consequences.

I tried to give as much as I could without going too deep into plot but of course we'll work it out over time. Everyone is allowed to love or hate for their own reasons I suppose.

And thank you, I enjoyed both of Delilah's theme songs.

I'm actually glad you asked this, it helps give insight as to how the characters should be able to treat one another.

To answer your first one, the feelings between witches and hunters is fairly neutral but as I mentioned witches are at the bottom of the 'food chain' therefore they are viewed as tools by the hunters not equals. But there are those who week together peacefully and even can be considered friends, that's found more in the younger generation though bit even some teenage hunters use witches as tools and nothing else.

As for their treaty it poses as an act for temporary peace but it's more like tolerance of each other's existence. It states that there is no killing allowed without good enough reason and that the witches and Werewolves are allowed the forest while the Vampires are allowed to move about the city as they see fit as long as they don't bring unwanted attention to either party. But I've also come up with several rules for each group that I'll consider putting on a lore sheet. Hunters are also allowed to kill only those who have been drawing unwanted attention or those who threaten them.

And finally your last question, we won't be going the Twilight routewith them being natural enemies but rather it's more of a power struggle between the two species, as both want complete control over territory you could imagine the years of war and bloodshed would drive bad blood between them. But in a modern society they tend to tolerate each other's existence but of course they have their falling outs and slurs towards each other. "Mutts" "parasite" etc.. but of course it all falls onto the person and what they believe since it's sort of like politics in a manner forcing everyone to pick a side, while there are those who just don't care or are neutral on the topic you're still expected to side with your own kind or face the consequences.

I tried to give as much as I could without going too deep into plot but of course we'll work it out over time. Everyone is allowed to love or hate for their own reasons I suppose.

And thank you, I enjoyed both of Delilah's theme songs.
Thank you so much ! That clears up everything I was wondering about and more - and yes, exactly, now I have a better idea of how certain characters might interact. Also, I would be really interested in seeing those rules you mentioned. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Oops. Thanks!

One last, final, question. Can there be more supernatural stuff than just vampires, werewolves, and witches in the world? Not in river crest per say, but around the globe. Zombies, Trolls, Wendigos, Skinwalkers, stuff that arent nearly as intelligent but cause problems. Sorry for asking so many gosh darn questions.

Oops. Thanks!

One last, final, question. Can there be more supernatural stuff than just vampires, werewolves, and witches in the world? Not in river crest per say, but around the globe. Zombies, Trolls, Wendigos, Skinwalkers, stuff that arent nearly as intelligent but cause problems. Sorry for asking so many gosh darn questions.

No its fine I actually appreciate the questions!

And to answer your question yes, I'm very find of the world being much broader than just 4 parties but if course I was going to include spirits and all that later on but for a hunters sake yes there are other creatures out there of lesser and equal intelligence to vampires and Werewolves.

I say we're ready to start tonight once we get our last two character sheets, what do you guys think?

Just read the Moon pact and -- holy crap, Jumin breaks like atleast two of those laws so far I reckon *wheezes*. Also, if a pack that's branched off Silverwind -- will their hunting grounds be shared or would they have their own? Because when I created Jumin, he isn't exactly part of Blackreach or Sunfeather.

Should I have to tweak a few things? Obviously a slight rule-breaker *slight may be an understatement* but gotta edit that nonetheless.

Just read the Moon pact and -- holy crap, Jumin breaks like atleast two of those laws so far I reckon *wheezes*. Also, if a pack that's branched off Silverwind -- will their hunting grounds be shared or would they have their own? Because when I created Jumin, he isn't exactly part of Blackreach or Sunfeather.

Should I have to tweak a few things? Obviously a slight rule-breaker *slight may be an understatement* but gotta edit that nonetheless.

There's nothing to worry about, those were just the original packs that most packs were branched from. So territory is split between them as they see fit so if Jumin isn't apart of those packs it's fine and I think a few of our characters have broken the rules applied to them so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back