• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy RiverCrest Vampires [open to new members]

Arael

Resident Old Guy
19.jpg

Predator or Prey?

River Crest, a small town in the middle of nowhere but it still manages to become some sort of a tourist trap. Founded by old British settler Leon Rivers, who also was a big help in unknowingly spreading vampirism to America but he wasn't alone, Columbus did it too along with the spreading I'd witchcraft back in Salem. But let's focus on River Crest for now shall we?

The Coldwell family, my family is the "head" vampire clan in the area with several others beneath them. While the Silverwind tribe was the largest werewolf pack in the area, and they both had an agreement which let the Silverwind''s keep a vast majority of the forest while the vamps and humans occupied the town. And over time the rules changed a bit to the point where all three were living amongst each other in temporary peace, while most humans knew nothing of vampires and others had their suspicions.

This is where we come in...the new generation of Vampires, Werewolves,Witches, and even Hunters.

Aristocrat Vampires, a special but extremely rare class of vampire. Noted that every vamp is created or born with the same standard skills, while we have a unique power..be it over a single element or the spiritual aspect of life.

Total: 2

New blood wolves, a breed of wolves that are natural born hunters and possess the ability to turn whenever they wish without the need of a full moon. However they can only be born/turned on a new moon.

Total: 2

River Crest Hunters, while small few remain they are a group of humans blessed by witces to be natural born killers. They gain their strength by killing more vampires and Werewolves, becoming virtually unstoppable.

Total: 3

Witches, they can be born or simply adopted into the craft if ones will and spiritual essence is high enough. They have no specific allies and are usually seen as tools rather than respectable individuals which results in them be wary of the other factions.

Total: 1

This is pretty much your average Vampire/Werewolf rp..kind of a Vampire Diaries/ Teena wolf with a sprinkle of being human. So there's no general plot yet but we can develop one as a group.

Side note: I am expecting at least a 1-2 paragraph post length.

We can also do small character arcs or have separate arcs/ "seasons" introducing something new to the story.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're all interested, it doesn't need a big group but it's pretty open.

Should I post our CS tonight?

Arael Arael I have a character I'm working on and I have a few questions! Do all vampires have to be an Aristocrat Vampire? Are the Aristocrat Vampires of this area only part of the Coldwell family? Just wondering, as it says that they are rare. Additionally, do only Aristocrat Vampires have a special ability?

Last edited:
Arael Arael I have a character I'm working on and I have a few questions! Do all vampires have to be an Aristocrat Vampire? Are the Aristocrat Vampires of this area only part of the Coldwell family? Just wondering, as it says that they are rare. Additionally, do only Aristocrat Vampires have a special ability?

These are all good questions that I'm positive would've come up in the future so thank you for asking. And no not all vampires are aristocrats, it's a rare trait that only happens in a few of them and they are the only ones known to get a unique power. Others may be apart of the area but as I mentioned it is very rare and additionally there are other families around, the Coldwell family is just the most influential in this particular area. But if you were to have a good reason as to why your vampire would have a unique power I'd be willing to make an exception

These are all good questions that I'm positive would've come up in the future so thank you for asking. And no not all vampires are aristocrats, it's a rare trait that only happens in a few of them and they are the only ones known to get a unique power. Others may be apart of the area but as I mentioned it is very rare and additionally there are other families around, the Coldwell family is just the most influential in this particular area. But if you were to have a good reason as to why your vampire would have a unique power I'd be willing to make an exception
Thank you so much! I have just a few more questions - What exactly is the quality that causes a vampire to possess a unique ability? Does it possibly have to do with the nature of their transformation? What I mean is, if they had a particularly traumatic or unique transformation, would they be more likely to have a unique ability? Also, from reading Damien's bio, am I right in saying that it doesn't always work the traditional vampire bite transformation route?

Last edited:
Ooo I am very interested in making a vampire and a hunter!!

Thank you so much! I have just a few more questions - What exactly is the quality that causes a vampire to possess a unique ability? Does it possibly have to do with the nature of their transformation? What I mean is, if they had a particularly traumatic or unique transformation, would they be more likely to have a unique ability? Also, from reading Damien's bio, am I right in saying that it doesn't always work the traditional vampire bite transformation route?

Another great question. I feel like in a sense much like the wolves have their new moon transitions which obviously have set standards and is almost impossible to control or predict that in a vampire sense it's almost the same. It also has to do with the bloodline it comes from, original families would have a slight higher percentage when it comes to getting aristocrats rather than random bitten in families would.

Also the victims blood must also have a certain aptitude for the venom placed into their system so in a way yes a more traumatic or emotional transition which causes adrenaline to push blood throughout the body more quickly will transfer the venom faster and anything left over has the possibility of we'll say 20 out of 100 newly added infected cells remained roaming freely in the bloodstream it could A. Simply die out on its own or B. Finds its way to the brain through blood flow and taps into a more dormant side or 'minds eye' and pushes it to higher potential, resulting in the individual becoming more advanced intellectually and developing a random ability or power based upon what side of the brain was used most.

And you're right it doesn't usually work through a traditional bite, most rare cases occur through being turned from birth or even large consumption before death but these cases happen on very few occasions and that's if one survives the transition.

I hope I provided enough information to answer your question, I tried to make a more simple adaptation than what I actually thought. But for this very case I only want a fewhile aristocrats many 3-4

I may actually due some lore in the rp to show how aristocrats and new moon wolves started if you guys are interested, like I said there isn't much of a plot fleshed out so I'm open to ideas.

I may actually due some lore in the rp to show how aristocrats and new moon wolves started if you guys are interested, like I said there isn't much of a plot fleshed out so I'm open to ideas.

I'm open to helping out with the plot, do you have any ideas or scenarios your thinking of?

I can help as well:D

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate all the help!

Like I said earlier I really didn't have a set plot since we could go any way with this in sort of arcs I guess, kind of like vampire diaries but with our own twist son it doesn't get stale.

But to start in say maybe we go into why the wolves and vampires hate each other and what part the witches had to play in it, maybe how each party was cursed. Witch vampires burning in the sun and wolves being slaves to the moon.

A bit cliche I know but I think it's a nice start unless you guys had anything else in mind, like I said I'm open to anything.

Well, based from what I know from werewolves, I know they occasionally rip humans apart, that is, if they lose control that is. Vampires need human blood to survive (Unless your into eating Bambi)

Both sought out human prey, perhaps it became a competition amoung them. Innocent blood was spilled, and perhaps the witches cursed them to limit there power, making werewolves slaves to the moon, and forcing vampires to hide from the sun.

Sorry if this sucks I'm terrible with plot making.

And perhaps the witches are responsible for how the hunters came to be as well? Somehow? I like what you have going!

And question: To start planning ships, do we just pm or is there a OOC thread?

Well, based from what I know from werewolves, I know they occasionally rip humans apart, that is, if they lose control that is. Vampires need human blood to survive (Unless your into eating Bambi)

Both sought out human prey, perhaps it became a competition amoung them. Innocent blood was spilled, and perhaps the witches cursed them to limit there power, making werewolves slaves to the moon, and forcing vampires to hide from the sun.

Sorry if this sucks I'm terrible with plot making.

No its fine actually, maybe both parties start to seek out a way to lift their own curses while making sure the other remains, seeking out help from witches who are reluctant to get involved.

And like Bella said we could have some reveal on how the hunters came to be, maybe a spell that binds them through blood?

And I'd just pm the person but of course I would see if others join before making any big plans xD

I also hope for a bit of drama so maybe relationships would change before becoming rock solid, gotta have some build up!

No its fine actually, maybe both parties start to seek out a way to lift their own curses while making sure the other remains, seeking out help from witches who are reluctant to get involved.

That sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back