• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Japan - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Disclaimer: All this time I thought "that lady robot" meant.. you're a lady. =)

Now I know the truth - you're a robot!

So there is a built in level of inherent friction between the two, might be an interesting trade off. Is there a master list in the books of what is available? I do like crossing borders but if not I think then I’d lean towards a pure old world creature just to add some spice to the not section 9.
There is like - 70 books or more just for Rifts, all with their own character classes and races that they add, so a master list of classes would be a huge book on its own.

Might I suggest a class from the core book? The one I am thinking of for you to take a gander at is the Cyber Knight. Think of an old school DnD Paladin with mental powers. They have the ability to cloud technology, making it hard to hit them even if you are using just a energy rifle - saying nothing of their advantages over other forms of tech.

Disclaimer: All this time I thought "that lady robot" meant.. you're a lady. =)

Now I know the truth - you're a robot!
Hahah I’ve been trying to come off more neutral to keep an air of mystery about it since having a baby, But yah, I’m a lady robot here. A real genetic life form and disk operating system.

Hahah I’ve been trying to come off more neutral to keep an air of mystery about it since having a baby, But yah, I’m a lady robot here. A real genetic life form and disk operating system.
A baby?! That settles it! You... you android-maker you! 8D (And congrats on having the mini-R2D2.)

Star Wars Dancing GIF by LEGO

<3 one of these days ill share some photos of her. Thank you for your blessings!

But yeah! Cyber knight sounds awesome, I’m going skirt around some a bit. I’ve got something of an idea forming.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Welcome to our newest member of the madhouse!

Sherwood Sherwood , would you consider a class/race like the Anti-Monster as an option? That gives some good level of protection, a few spells hard-wired into it, and it is able to bio-regenerate. Think of a magical cyborg and you have the Anti-Monster in a nutshell

Might I suggest a class from the core book? The one I am thinking of for you to take a gander at is the Cyber Knight. Think of an old school DnD Paladin with mental powers. They have the ability to cloud technology, making it hard to hit them even if you are using just a energy rifle - saying nothing of their advantages over other forms of tech.
Yes, but they follow the Code of Chivalry. Not everybody can follow the Code of Chivalry! I mean... look what happened to these goons when they tried?

Run Away GIF

would you consider a class/race like the Anti-Monster as an option?
Psychie Psychie How is that going to fly in the Republic of Japan? Anti-monsters look about as oni as oni do! "Oh, she's a GOOD monster," in a place where all monsters are... probably the ones our "Section 6" are after? I mean, your dragon can get away with it, but... think of the children! 8D (Seriously, if Sherwood says that idea flies, it must have wings or anti-gravity thrusters or something!). =)

This is going to turn into Ghost in the Shell + Ghostbusters! (Just kidding!)

<3 one of these days ill share some photos of her. Thank you for your blessings!

But yeah! Cyber knight sounds awesome, I’m going skirt around some a bit. I’ve got something of an idea forming.
Indeed? An idea is forming! Woot!

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz Welcome to our newest member of the madhouse!

Sherwood Sherwood , would you consider a class/race like the Anti-Monster as an option? That gives some good level of protection, a few spells hard-wired into it, and it is able to bio-regenerate. Think of a magical cyborg and you have the Anti-Monster in a nutshell
The Anti-Monster has problems to it, the most notably is that the only place to make them is in South America. While it is possible for one to travel to Japan, it is less likely to happen. Besides, they don't exactly look friendly. Even a full conversion borg will fit in better with its body combat upgraded to fight monsters.

Another plus to the Cyber Knight is that you can pick up the mystic martial art styles in Ninjas and Superspies.

Yeah, Cyber-Knights are terrific! Demons, bad techie-goons, no evil is safe from those wonderful, law-loving do-gooders! Plus, you can add the Dance skill to them! =)

Knight GIF

Well, I got to get some dinner then get to work. I'll be back online as I can when things are quiet.

Sherwood Sherwood How familiar are you with the Rifts TK Wing Boards? It appears I can get one for "personal transportation," but I understand there is more than one version of them? Some require you to be on a ley line (yuck!) while others don't, but they all run on P.P.E./I.S.P. like standard Techno-Wizard items?

I'm somewhat familiar with them. I take it you want one as your personal transport? A model that can operate off of a ley line?

I'm somewhat familiar with them. I take it you want one as your personal transport? A model that can operate off of a ley line?
Yeah! From what little I can tell, it is implied one can carry one around on one's person? According to one Palladium Books forum, there are alternate TK Wing Boards in Siege of Tolkeen (which I don't own)? Think they're worth having? I mean, with the Chi/I.S.P. Snowfall's got, I can't imagine "running out of gas" with one. And yeah. Please, a model that does not require a ley line.

The Ley Line Walker description goes into the Walkers' use of personal transportation they can easily dump, so, no hover-cars or anything like that I guess. Plus, I can't imagine my character would have a driver license in Hiroshima! =)

Lol Yeah, having a licence is something that I don't see Snowfall having. Just remember that it is not capable of taking passengers.

Assuming that D. Rex D. Rex has no problems with his character, he might be able to help with transport as a driver of a team vehicle. I am also considering a npc from the Republic, but that is up in the air still.

Sherwood Sherwood Well, if we have police powers and license to kill, who's gonna pull him over? I think I've found something! Book of Magic, physical page 338? Wing Board "Classic," "Crescent," and "Turbo" stats! Plus a "Wing Pack" (TW Jet Pack)! How cool, right?

Purr Purr yes I'll look in my books tomorrow for a good option for you, but I don't see a problem with it.

Cool! I hope you have a good (and pain-free) shift tonight, Bud! =)

Hmm. I think I just need one more element to my character to make him good to go.

Goals! =)

Edit: There. That oughta do it! =)

Last edited:
How wild would it be to juice up an Oni? I’ve been trawling through lists and lore and I’ve seen that juicers are really rare in Japan but they do have them. I think cybering or juicing up a traditional Japanese monster could be a very interesting mix. Doing some more research on cyber-knights now but I’m afraid of getting locked in to a paladin esque type

The cyber knight is by no means the only thing you can go for. Juicers are a thing in the Republic, but it does make for a shorter lifespan. A Crazy is a bit of a middle of the road option. Don't lock yourself into a character idea that you won't be happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back