• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Japan - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
If I take a Cyber Knight, are you going to make me roll for the psychic powers? Obviously being a master psychic is the most favorable result.

Going back to the Masamune Shirow-based ideas on setting, I see two draws there - one is it's a setting that the three of us are familiar with and may attract other cool people we've met here even in this game.

The second is it may draw future Players. There was an above-average response I think when Sherwood told RP Nationites that he had a Robotech game (O.K.!) based on Heinlein's Starship Troopers (a much older name in Sci Fi than Robotech by far). Even moreso when Sherwood advertised this Rifts game as being Ghost in the Shell/Silent Mobius. That got people's attention big time, didn't it?

But if you, the Game Master, has a setting in mind that borrows from another, it's got to be something that excites you. Vampires in Europe? Cool! But is it based on anything from popular culture? And is that culture/resource/story/setting something you as a Game Master are interested enough in making part of the game?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was an O.K. movie, but it was one hell of TV series (so I am told)!

I am liking this idea of a game set in Europe. I'm probably going to post an interest thread to see if we can recruit more people soon, and we can then take our discussions there.

Sweet. I haven't been a player in Rifts in a long time. Not that I mind being a storyteller, but it is a nice change to be a player.

I am liking this idea of a game set in Europe. I'm probably going to post an interest thread to see if we can recruit more people soon, and we can then take our discussions there.
I don't recommend rushing things. So far, it's just been you and me bouncing these story-related ideas back and forth. Maybe sleep on it? Give the ideas in your mind time to percolate like a good cup of (insert your favorite percolated beverage here)?

I find roleplaying games are like cooking in the kitchen - a large part of having a great meal is preparation - knowing what you want, how it's made, how it should taste. Those factors multiply when you add in other people you want to share it with, say, in your dining room. What would they like? What are their tastes? And so forth.

Please don't rush out tonight and put up an interest check so soon, Psychie. What seems like a neat idea one evening might turn into something completely different less than 24 hours later. I'm living proof of that (as you've recently seen in Sharseya's twentieth chapter, I bet). =)

Maybe give this some time? Besides, we've other players in this very thread that might share opinions of their own. Those too can hold great importance. =)

Sweet. I haven't been a player in Rifts in a long time. Not that I mind being a storyteller, but it is a nice change to be a player.
Yeah. I'd do the storytelling on this one too except, as you can imagine, both of my games have me quite busy at the time being - and delightfully so! Heh!

I completely agree. I need to solidify the ideas in my head. And no one that knows the paperwork you are doing in our other games will fault you for not running another!

I completely agree. I need to solidify the ideas in my head. And no one that knows the paperwork you are doing in our other games will fault you for not running another!
I really appreciate your understanding! Not everyone in the roleplaying universe gets it. =)

For what's it's worth, I think I'd rather start off at 1st level if you don't mind my vote.

As for what to play, it's far too early for me to even think about it. The seed's just been planted. Pull it out too early out of infatuation and I could miss the beautiful thing it becomes?

Nah. I can wait. =)

First level? You like the idea of working your way up from the bottom, huh? Ok. I'll keep that in mind as I ponder.

First level? You like the idea of working your way up from the bottom, huh? Ok. I'll keep that in mind as I ponder.
I do in most cases (more on that below). Some of the best teams have been around since their beginnings. I doubt greatly that our characters will know each other from the get-go. When you're 1st level, it's not about the power - it's more about the growth of the people involved. The team they'll blossom into (or won't).

Besides, if it's a long enough campaign, we'll reach that huge experience point wall in due time. I'd like to spend that time growing.

The alternative is your setting. If you think it's best to have experienced characters, where low-level folks will just bite the dust (yes, that was a vampire pun), then that's a different story. But since this is your very first attempt at Rifts, I recommend starting at 1st. Your call, though. =)

I would be happy to participate if you will have me.

Huh...I just came back after i had this finish a week of work and this thing is dead?

Wow...im really late on the uptake.

Huh...I just came back after i had this finish a week of work and this thing is dead?

Wow...im really late on the uptake.
Yeah. GunMan2 GunMan2

We started another Rifts game, this one with Psychie in the game master chair. We are here and here if you want to follow and check it out?

Maybe you can play your character from here if you don't want to roll another one?

Would love to but im also considering that i might take up gming as well. Just not yet decided on which system to try and use.

Same universe but instead of Hiroshima, we're in Florida. From lots of culture to basically none. =)

Oh? Well then i might have to change Takuma a bit, character wise, else he will be an unnecessary edge lord.

Oh? Well then i might have to change Takuma a bit, character wise, else he will be an unnecessary edge lord.
Maybe follow those two links, read everything there, and then ask Psychie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back