What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Rifts - Atlantis Adventure IC

Dice System
Palladium
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Gradicus brandished his daisho in a display of readiness. "What is the human saying? 'An enemy of my enemy is my friend'?"
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
The news of another skirmish within reach - quickly answered by both Atlanteans, with little doubt whether the group will react or not - finds its way to the technowizard as well. She's not with the others, in the present moment, after leaving the villagers in their capable hands; instead, she stayed just where the last fight was fought, trying to find answers where the machines refused to give any. Another cut through the outer hull of one of the larger ones, trying to understand more than that it's seemingly meant to bring death to humans; another bunch of wires beyond, more than one could sort through in a few moments to figure out their purposes. She spits out, then unmutes her mic, wipes down sweat and dirt from her brow.

"Give me a sec, and I'll join ya." Just a few more moments, and perhaps a look back at the first robot she opened; there's something she figured out, she knows it, but she couldn't point her finger at it quite yet. The design, the materials, there's gotta be something other than 'those things shoot people'. And knowing what exactly that 'something' is might very well decide the outcome of whatever's awaiting them near this Hagan.

Thus, she takes her time for one final conclusion of her hasty work; looks at the things that might be of use, and those that might answer at least basic questions, like: Did humans build this? Or someone on Earth? Or did they come through portals or - beware the swarm - from space? Remotely controlled, or self-sufficient? She's had a limited amount of time, and not all the tools at hand that one might have needed; perhaps, it's at least enough to know where to best open the bloody things without too much effort.

Rolling primarily to answer the questions here and in the ooc - plus anything that she might learn along the way of opening the robots' remains.
Also added asalvage roll, just in case there's something that's useable for us.
 

sirlabe

New Member
Bobo readies his plasma rifle, "Ah, why don't we head over, and give our assistance." With a click, he had turned off the safety on his rifle, and was ready to rock. "I hoped we could get a spot of tea, before we'd had to head out again." Then a long hefty sigh escaped from his mouth.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Thus, she takes her time for one final conclusion of her hasty work; looks at the things that might be of use, and those that might answer at least basic questions, like: Did humans build this? Or someone on Earth? Or did they come through portals or - beware the swarm - from space? Remotely controlled, or self-sufficient? She's had a limited amount of time, and not all the tools at hand that one might have needed; perhaps, it's at least enough to know where to best open the bloody things without too much effort.
Your examination of the various pieces of smashed robot does tell you a few things. First, these appear to be mass produced, not a custom one-off piece of equipment. They have a long lasting power cell to them, giving them on the order of several months of time before having to worry about refueling their power supplies. You also spot some kind of manufacturer's stamp on these things, but it does not match any kind of serial number that you have ever seen before. There is a computer brain in all of these robots, but if you wish to investigate the call from Hagan, you don't have time to dig into the programming.

Its not a lot of information, but it is all you can divulge in this amount of time.


So we now have Terra riding on Baby, with Junior in tow. How is everyone traveling to investigate the radio call? There is the Badger that has plenty of room to it, or in Gadicus' case you can fly or see if you can hitch a ride on Junior, assuming that Terra lets you do so.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Gradicus preferred the freedom of flight and, using his multi-optics helm's telescopic function, sought to quietly and unobtrusively view their target location from the perspective of a eagle.

Sherwood, I would like to use whatever observational skills or talents you would allow.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Taking to the air, Gradicus takes a long look with the zoom function of the Multi-Optics Helmet in the direction that Eric has pointed out. From this distance, you can see a large mecha, about 20 feet tall, engaged in combat with four smaller spider-legged mecha that are about 14 feet tall. Along with the four spider-mecha, there is a large hover vehicle with a large turret on it, about 20 foot tall and 40 foot long, all attacking the single mecha.

The single mecha is on the defensive in the fight, but even with as skilled as the pilot is, five to one odds are not good for the pilot.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra will go ahead and offer up the seat on Junior to someone that needs it in order to be able to get to the battle faster. In any case, she sets a hearty pace with her two Automations as they run towards the fight. Over the radio, she calls out to this Hagan fellow. "Attention Hagan! You have some help coming your way. Try to make a break for these coordinates, and we can provide some support for you. Do you copy?"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
@Sherwood A quick question. With the hour passing, would Baby and Junior be at full health with their self-repair ability? I want to make sure I know the status of my toys before the fight starts.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Gradicus relayed the information he had found to the rest of his team. He thought Bobo would probably need help because he was not introduced to their radio frequencies, but hopefully somebody else in the team could keep him up to speed.

Gradicus's experience with the Coalition was intense, but limited. He had heard of the infamous Spider Skull Walker but had never before seen one. Part of him wondered if these machines were connected to the killers they had just defeated or were they Coalition or something else entirely?

He explained these musings and the mecha in detail over the radio in the hopes that someone below would be able to give him some answers.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Terra will go ahead and offer up the seat on Junior to someone that needs it in order to be able to get to the battle faster. In any case, she sets a hearty pace with her two Automations as they run towards the fight. Over the radio, she calls out to this Hagan fellow. "Attention Hagan! You have some help coming your way. Try to make a break for these coordinates, and we can provide some support for you. Do you copy?"
There is an immediate response from your message. "I hear you! I'll try and move this fight over there as best I can! Just don't take too long. I'm not going to be able to last too much longer without some back-up!"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Gradicus's experience with the Coalition was intense, but limited. He had heard of the infamous Spider Skull Walker but had never before seen one. Part of him wondered if these machines were connected to the killers they had just defeated or were they Coalition or something else entirely?
Gradicus would know that the Spider Skull Walker is a large mecha, much bigger than the four spider legged mecha you can see. Another thing that suggests that this is not Coalition is the lack of the black skull motif on the tank and the four spider mecha, along with the fact that you are far from the normal stomping grounds for the Coalition.
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Mass-produced, so there might be a lot of 'em; built to work on their own for months, so they could be from pretty much anywhere at this point. Those stamps - perhaps someone else has a clue, but that'll have to wait for now. One word turns energy into magic, allowing her armor to move as swiftly as few humans ever get to be; with the coordinates, it shouldn't be too hard to join the others. "Alright, on my way, see ya in a bit. Watch out, there might be quite a few of the robots still out there. I'll try to meet ya along the way." With that, it's time to run as fast as she can; if paths cross, and the spot is still open, she'll take Terra's offer; if not, she'll hopefully arrive somwhat in time.

"No idea about the mecha, Grad - but whoever that is, they seem prepared if they brought heavier vehicles as well. Can ya see pilots, or could they be autonomous as well? The robots had brains, found out at least that much."

Casting superhuman speed to run real quick - still only 30mph.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Gradicus relayed the information Shaona requested and readied himself for battle. Expecting serious combat, he drew Summertime and his new shield while activating his defenses. New enemies! he thought. This should be fun!
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
As Baby and Junior come running around the corner, Terra can see through the eyes of the Automations to see the six vehicles. A part of your training is to be able to recognize Coalition equipment, and you are certain that none of the vehicles you see are a part of their organization. Even the single mecha is not one that you recognize as a product of any of the known manufacturers in North America.

The one mecha is bounding along the ground, making thruster assisted leaps to clear various obstacles, and it is outrunning the four spider-legged mecha but the hover tank is able to easily keep up with it, and the tank is trying to slow the mecha enough to allow the four pursuing mechs to catch up. It is not an easy task, though. The operator of the mecha is jinking back and forth, dodging out of the way of the various energy blasts that are heading its way, making a valiant effort to get to the location that Terra called out on the radio.

Right now, the tank is just over 4,000 feet away, and the four other mecha are out farther at 7,000 feet distance.

Go ahead and give me initiative rolls, please!
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra calls out on the radio to the team, "I've never seen mecha like those before! Definitely not Coalition! These must be some sort of DBee mecha! Watch yourselves. We have no idea of what they are capable of!"
Total of a 7 on my Initiative.

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 +2d4 per level
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50
MDC: 35 armor, 375 tattoo: 405

Bonus Points: 8

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Baby
Main Body: 500
PPE: 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8

Junior
Main Body: 500
PPE: 120
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8
 

sirlabe

New Member
Bobo decided to get there by his favorite means, running. Bobo was the fastest bear on the track team back in highschool! He had been pacing himself so he would not be out of stamina once he had reached the fight.(another 4 for initiative how unlucky!)
 

Vaneheart

Friend or Enemy?
Sir Drutarak

Arriving on scene with the others, Sir Drutarak took quick stock of the battle before moving in. His thoughts were grim. A...tank, and strange spider walkers unlike anything I have seen. They remind me of the robots from earlier. All oddly curved and smoothed. The machines of war on this earth never cease to amaze me. Palladium would be easily conquered with weapons such as these. This is going to be a tough fight. This Hagan person isn't going to last long against that kind of opposition. We have no heavy machines of war, no heavy support weapons, or battle mages. He glanced at Terra. We do have Terra's automatons.

"To battle!" He summoned his psi-sword and psi-shield, and prepared for a rough combat.

(OOC: Figured Drutarak could use his hovercycle to get there, but I wasn't planning on using it in combat. Does his cyberknight bonus kick in? Initiative will be higher if it does:

Bonuses & Abilities Against Weapons and Technology:
• Negates any bonuses provided by the weapon/machine.
• The Cyber-Knight knows what his opponent is doing the same instant
his opponent does it, enabling the Knight to react a split second
faster: +3 on initiative against attacks from modern guns and machines (bionics, robots, etc.), and +6 against artificial intelligences
and computers like Skelebots and automated defense systems.
Also, the Cyber-Knight is +3 to strike and parry.
• Meanwhile, the Cyber-Knight' s gun-toting or tech-laden opponent
is -3 to dodge the Cyber-Knight ' s attacks and loses 2 melee attacks/
actions due to time spent compensating for the Cyber-Knight' s
amazing agility, combat skills and awareness. )
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
The mecha piloted by this Hagan fellow is jetting along the ground at high speed, hitting 150 mph as he goes along. He is leaving the four spider-mecha behind, but the tank is still right with him, roughly two hundred feet behind. With your movement added in, Hagan and the Tank are about 3,000 feet out, and the four spider-mecha are 5,500 feet out.

@Dannigan is up with Gradicus

Current Initiative Order

25 - Gradicus <====
23 - Dru
18 - Hagan
16 - Tank
11 - spider-mecha 1-4
7 - Terra
7 - Shaona
4 - Bobo
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter

Combat Attributes
Perception +2 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +2 (+6 when using sword)
Strike +13 (+16 with one sword, +17 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, K-4 Laser Pulse Rifle, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 6 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures) + 6D6 M.D. (socketed Electricity crystal).
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures) + 6D6 M.D. (socketed Electricity crystal).
Crystal Stun Mace - 2d6 S.D.C. + Stun when energized (10 P.P.E. for 2 minutes of use). Save at 16 or higher (14 for Mega-damage beings).
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10 M.D.. Range: 2,000 feet. 5/5 shots per TK-Clip.
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs 3 attacks. 5/5 blasts per E-Clip.
K-4 Laser Pulse Rifle - 3D6+6 M.D. single shot, 1D6x10+6 M.D. three-round burst. Range: 3,000 feet. 30/30 rounds in E-Clip.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet. 15/30 shots remaining in E-clip.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 laser pistol - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.

Gradicus zoomed over the Maine landscape with cosmic agility and supersonic speed. He understood basically what a tank was, but his youthful imagination could not help but wonder if it was indeed a manned vehicle or if it was just one big robot. As long as it remained a threat, he thought, it mattered little.

"You hunt well enough, construct," he yelled at the tank in his gladiatorial fashion, "but how well do you like the part of playing the prey?!" Using his momentum, he tried to slash one of the sensor domes on the thing. Construct or not, he thought, the thing still needed "eyes" to function at it best!

Attacking with a single-sword strike with electrically-charged Summertime. =)



Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: On the shores of Maine.
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (306/306) Self-P.P.E. (227/262). Power Matrix (40/40 P.P.E.) . P.P.E. Battery (100/100 P.P.E.). Talisman 1 of 2 (100/100 M.D. 1/3 daily uses remaining). Blazing Comet (Mach 4 for 3 hours. 60/80 M.D.). Smoochie (---/500 M.D. for 4 hours). Effects active: Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (13/15 rounds).

 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Top