• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rifts Adventure IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Blake, Cyborg

I send my drones over to meet up with the riders. and using the external speaker on them i talk to the riders "hello there, we have finished off the demons that were attacking the villagers, we hope you don't mind us stepping in and lending a helping hand."

While the drones go flying over to see th he horsemen, Terra settles down on the ground next to the first demon and kicks its rifle away from its claws, just in case it is only playing dead. Once she can confirm that it is truly deceased, she does the same for number two and three. Terra will then look them over to see what kind of gear that they are packing, especially the weapons that they had.

The two riders pull up short at the sudden appearance of the two small helicopters, with the two raising up their rifles. It is right after that when you see a burst of static come across the screen, interfering with the targeting sensors of both drones. Everything else your cameras look at are normal, so the jamming effect is clearly from the two.

They don't shoot at your small helicopters, even if they are wary of them. The two slowly lowers their weapons when it is clear you are not shooting at them. One calls up, "If what you say is true, you have our thanks for stopping them. They were able to slip past us as we were occupied with their fellows. Are there any injured that need assistance?"

Back at the three demons, Terra finds a small variety of odds and ends in the pockets of the vests, but the big find is their weaponry. They each have a large, two handed vibro sword, a NG-101 Rail Gun (RUE pg 270), a NG-P7 Particle Beam Rifle (RUE pg 270), and a TW Force Cannon (Federation of Magic pg 115). Each weapon has three full magazines and two empty ones to them. There is also a total of twelve thousand credits on them.

1541807469314.png

Trent Lockhart
Smuggler

Trent watched as the demon he had aimed at drop like a sack of dirt. He smiled, knowing there was one less monstrosity out there in the world. It didn't take long before the chaos had ceased and the demons were slain. That's when he heard Foss yell about the armored suit closing in on the village. As he peered through his enhanced HUD sunglasses to try and identify which side the power suit might be on he called over the radio to whomever might actually have their coms turned on. "Wrap up whatever it is that you are doing over there... You've got an armored suit closing in on your position. It will be on you in less than a minute at its current speed!" He swings Betty's Ion Cannon in the direction of the suit in the event it is hostile. Looking closer he sees...

From his seat, Trent can see the very distinctive sight of a Glitter Boy jogging along, its massive Boom Gun still down in a ready position to fire. You know from personal experience that the Coalition frowns upon the use of the Glitter Boy armor, and that they do not include the GB Suit in their military. The only time in their history that there were "Coalition" Glitter Boys was a few years ago before their old ally of Free Quebec broke free. Ever since then, the Coalition has even developed a suit of powered armor called the Glitter Boy Killer.

Terra looks up at the word from Trent that they are about to get some company from some powered mecha suit. "Well, just when things were getting fun. Thanks for the heads-up, Trent. Alright ladies and gentlemen! While we haven't had a lot of damage done to us, that suit out there is packing some serious big guns from the size of the cannon fire we've been hearing. I for one do not want to get into a fight if we can avoid it. Blake! Any id on the horsemen out there? Do we need to bug out, or are we looking at some friendly people out there?"

Shaona, technowizard

A deep breath as the last demon falls - Shaona's hand finds the talisman that just compensated her slowness, it feels lighter now that it proved its use. Still - it'd been better to not get hit in the first place, that gun certainly packed a punch. Her feet carry her forward, towards the dead bodies, carefully eyeing what Terra scoops up - certainly quite a few things to work with, at least if noone else can put them to good use. Some credits as well, to calm the waves that the sudden act of honor might leave behind; from what she can tell, Trent has plenty of use for those. Speaking of him - seems like he has finally an eye on the situation, if only from afar. "Got it" is her response to the warning.

While Terra is quick to focus on the next few steps to take - to either get out of here or make proper contact - Shaona instead intensifies her search for anything of value. After all, there might be something that escaped the battlemage's gaze, or that she didn't deem to be of value. In particular, that includes any kind of electronic gear that the demons might possess; if you're simply looking for possible foci to use your magic, pretty much anything will do. "Someone's gotta help Terra to carry those guns - I'll grab two or three myself. Just give me a moment, I'll be with you in a sec."

1541937688897.png

Trent Lockhart
Smuggler

A Glitter Boy? Well at least now Trent knew there was a high chance of it not being Coalition forces. "...It's a damn Glitter Boy..." The only thing worse that he could think of right now was that it was some mercenary with no loyalties to anyone and was looking to add to its trophy collection. "I'm not sure you want to hang around... It is certainly not Coalition... but mercenaries are a whole different story. There's no telling what to expect. All I know is it still has that big ass gun in the firing position and headed towards you!" Trent almost certainly knew that his words meant little to anything to the rest, seeing how no one really hesitated before jumping ship. He followed the power armor with Betty's Ion Cannon as he flipped off coms and shouted over to Foss, "Get the launcher ready.... If this thing wants to play, Betty here is gonna be ready...." Deep down he knew that the two of them were not capable of completing Lord Brazamal's mission without the others, so to that end he knew he would have to defend them even if he didn't agree with their choices...

Combat Attributes
Perception +1 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +1
Strike +11 (+12 with one sword, +13 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+13 with Tattoo-Magic shield)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 5 (Undead Slayer: +1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus

"Back on my Feet" by Boom Boom Satellites (Dann here: I just love this!)

Partial lyrics:
"I don't know how to tune my brain" ( =) )

Victory! "Hala!!"

Gradicus cheered loudly, his sword raised high as the last demon went down with a burning wound to its chest. The young Atlantean was hearted and satisfied with the fight - each of his teammates had gained glory, even the chorís timí! This was well! Most importantly, the people were safe from the threat now. He switched on his helm's radio and spoke gratefully, for when he flew from the River Walker, he was certain he was the only one to come here and do battle.

"We have done well this hour! Gratitude for joining me!"

The loot carried by the demons would be useful, but not if they could not get it back to the ship. Using his supernatural strength, Gradicus sheathed Summertime and one-handed, picked up the largest, heaviest weapon and brought it along - not to keep it, but to make certain it did not stay here. Then he immediately went to to check on the more important elements of the battle - the villagers.

The gladiator need not have worried. Glitch and Sparky had faithfully rounded up a fair amount of them.

Looking mechanical in nature, perhaps the people thought of them as machines and not what they really were? Young people seemed to think the Glinthawk and Sawtooth often used terms like "pretty cool" and "badass" when encountering them. Indeed, Sparky the Sawtooth Cat was "cool". He attended well and faithfully. Glitch the Glinthawk on the other hand... the nutty bird was as faithful as Sparky, but had one major screw loose somewhere, one that Gradicus was long-convinced could not be repaired. Parrot-brained Glitch was the source of good-natured amusement, for he meant well, even with his ability to mimic sounds and voices and... was that music Gradicus was hearing? What in the Megaverse was going on?!

Gradicus flew to the "safe zone" Sparky and Glitch had created at the edge of the village. Sure enough, there was cover in the trees for the people, and enough of them were gathered there to get a smile of relief from the young Atlantean. But they had to be summoned there somehow. Sparky could not gather them all. And Glitch... Ah!

Gradicus paused and chuckled. He should have known. Glitch... the funny mechanical bird was the cause of the music. There he was, rhythmically prancing and dancing, and putting on a show for the people, both to entertain and to gather them to safety. Glitch was strutting energetically, putting on a show, singing this...

"Happy" by Pharrell Williams

Sparky spotted Gradicus. The cat was carrying an old man to safety though the fellow was beating the cat mercilessly with his cane. Sparky gave an annoyed look at Gradicus that seemed to say, "The things I put up with for you..."

The young Atlantean stared at the striking tattoo of Glitch on his body and the "real" Glitch moonwalking and flapping his wings and he had to laugh out loud. He knew both "animals" would fade from reality soon. Taking a moment to give them a well-earned petting, Gradicus moved on and let the "big show" continue.

Having operated in Canada prior to this, the young Atlantean had heard of the famous Glitter Boys. He had heard their guns were so great they had to "root" themselves prior to firing or the blast would send them flying! As for the gun itself, the infamous "Boom Gun" was the deadliest mobile weapon Gradicus had ever heard of. Even the Shemmarrian Warrior Women respected it. Many a Coalition foe had met their end in the crosshairs of a Glitter Boy. The River Walker would stand no chance against even a single Glitter Boy.

"Get the launcher ready.... If this thing wants to play, Betty here is gonna be ready...."

"Trent..." he grunted over the radio. "If you pull the trigger on that Glitter Boy... you and everyone on the River Walker die." He added with a mild chuckle. "And then you do not get paid. Let me try this time."

With youthful optimism backed by reason and the power of his Blazing Comet tattoo, Gradicus flew out to the Glitter Boy. There was a person inside that armor. That person had not fired on anything but demons thus far. Not riders, not boats, not automatons, or blade-wielding adventurers. Demons.

Gradicus flew just above the treetops. He knew full well from tales there was no cover from a Glitter Boy, only concealment. The only real cover from the far-reaching Boom Gun, Gradicus had heard, was the planet itself. He did not know if this was true, but it had fired from nearly two miles off during the beginning of the battle. So, Gradicus approached the Glitter Boy from the air with a grin. He held his lion-faced shield high in salutation with whatever big gun he had taken from the demons in his other hand.

A Glitter Boy! What to say?

"Hail, fellow demon-slayer! Gratitude for your marksmanship! I am Gradicus, Atlantean Undead Slayer of Goroth! What name do you go by?"

Atlantean by Chuck Walton.jpg
Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: In the demon-attacked village.
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (242/242) Self-P.P.E. (109/204). Blazing Comet (M.D.C.: 20/20. Time: 58/60 min.). Flaming Shield (Time: 60/60 min). Talisman (92/100 M.D. 1/3 daily uses remaining).

When Gradicus comes flying up, the Glitter Boy slows down from its medium speed jog and goes to a more sedate walk. Looking up at the Atlantian, the pilot turns on the external speakers. A woman's voice says, "Greetings! I have never met a True Atlantian before (at least not that I know of) but I've hear many good things about your people." The Glitter Boy (Girl?) suit continues forward into the town.

"Have you seen my companions? They are a pair of Cyber Knights on robot horses, and they rode on ahead to make sure the town was clear of the demons."

Combat Attributes
Initiative +1 (+5 when using sword)
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs three attacks.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus +4 S.D.C.

Partial lyrics:

Gradicus altered his speed and course to match that of the Glitter Boy pilot's. He admired the shimmering sheen of the armor, the massive Boom Gun, and the ease in which a single occupant could gracefully guide such an incredible machine.

"Aye, lady warrior!" he replied with his radio channel open so his allies could hear his every word. "Two men on horseback fearlessly blasted the demons with rifles with us! If it would please you, I would guide you to them." As far as Gradicus was concerned, any slayer of demons was a potential ally to him, especially a Glitter Boy pilot and two Cyber-Knights!

"My allies include the armed ship drifting off-shore, a womanly Atlantean and her giant companion, a sword-wielding female warrior in enchanted armor, a green-haired rifle-carrying sorceress, two roving helicopter drones, and my magical cat and bird. They are no threat to the likes of you and your holy knights - especially the last two! You and your fellows put the fear of Heaven into those demons before they died! Are you demon hunters, then?"

Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (125/220). Power Matrix (0/20 P.P.E. remaining). Blazing Comet (M.D.C.: 20/20. Time: 58/60 min.). Flaming Shield (Time: 60/60 min). Talisman (92/100 M.D. 1/3 daily uses remaining).

Last edited:
The Glitter Boy pilot continues to mage her way along with Gradicus flying along nearby. As she walks, she says, "I can see the two helicopters on my radar, along with the boat in the canal. I didn't want to blast them, since the things didn't have anything like that on them. Glad I held my fire."

When the two of you turn the corner, Gradicus can see the two Cyber Knights on their robot horses shouting up at the drones in order to be heard over the propeller noise. It is not hard to miss the heavy footsteps of the GB suit, so they both turn and wave. They are holding their rifles at the ready, but are not aiming at either the drones or Gradicus.

On the next street over, Shaona and Terra have disarmed the dead demons and have found the credits that they had in their pockets. You can see Blake's drones hovering low, but they are not firing at anything. At this point, the two of you have gotten the rifles and spare ammo magazines and have split the guns up for easier transport to the boat.

On the boat Trent and Blake can see that the GB suit has now joined the two horsemen and have Gradicus with them. They are close to the others, but do not yet see them.

Blake, Cyborg

I call through the speaker on the drones to the two cyber nights "we arrived pretty late so villagers were injured and several were killed i regret to give you this information, we will do all that we can to help, a few of us even know healing magic that could come into use."

at the appearance of the glitterboy and gradicus i turn one of the drones to face them leaving the other focused on the cyber nights showing them that they still have my attention. i call out to gadicus and the glitter boy "hello, i take it you are the one that was shooting from atop the hill?"

As the GB pilot rounds the corner, she calls out, "Will! Karen! The two of you have me quite a scare, running off like that! Don't do it again! I'd give you two a hug but is squash you. Oh, where are my manners? Guys, this fellow flying along with me is Gradicus, an Undead Slayer! How cool is that? Gradicus, these are my companions, Sir William Talbert and his wife, Sir Karen Talbert. My name is Sarah, and yes, little helicopter person, it was me on the hill, dishing out a bit of hurt on those Brodkil demons."

William nods in Gradicus' direction. "Well met, my good man. It is good timing that both of our groups were passing along when they were."

Karen finally slings her rifle over her shoulder. "Indeed! Things were getting a bit harry when those three slipped past us and started to rampage through the town."

Sarah says, "Yeah. Apparently this flying fellow has several other allies that jumped into action when they saw the demons. They have a ship in the canal."

Will looks about, then says, "We should see what can be done to help out. It was Gradicus, correct? We should also reunite this fellow with his friends before they begin to wonder where he is. Shall we go?"

The two Cyber Knights and the Glitter Boy suit begin moving out, letting Gradicus and the two drones guide them along to meet the rest of the team.

Terra uses her Distant Voice spell to murmur a quick message to Gradicus. "We have a few bodies of the locals here, but with the weapons the demons were using, there is not much left. Best we can do is gather the remains for a proper burial. What if the ones that were spotted on the edge of town? The horsemen and the powered armor pilot? Are they ones we need to worry ourselves about? I'm going to report back to Trent and Blake."

Shifting to her helmet radio, she says, "Kimberly, Shaona and I are all together, but Gradicus went off to look for the others on the edge of town. What's your status on the ship? Any signs of trouble there?"

Blake, Cyborg

I turn the drones to face the two cyber nights "my name is blake and i am nothing more than a humble operator, and as sarah has said we do have a ship in the canal" i then turn one of my drones towards sarah "how did you know about that by the way?"

Blake, Cyborg

I turn the drones to face the two cyber nights "my name is blake and i am nothing more than a humble operator, and as sarah has said we do have a ship in the canal" i then turn one of my drones towards sarah "how did you know about that by the way?"
"Two ways." The Glitter Boy operator cheerfully says. "First, I can see a large target on my radar sitting in the middle of the canal. Doesn't take much imagination to figure out that it's a boat. Second, your flying friend here told me as we were coming over here."

At this point, the two Cyber Knights and the GB Suit turn the corner and see the three ladies of Terra, Kimberly and Shaona. By this time, Sarah has shifted her Boom Gun to its travel position on her back to be less threatening. Coming to a stop a short distance away, William reaches up and pulls off his helmet to reveal a handsome face with a close-cropped beard on his chin. He looks about at the fallen demons, and with a sad expression on his face, the remains of the townspeople killed nearby.

With a sigh, he says in a quiet voice, "Ah, so much suffering and senseless death. This is why we should be grateful for every moment of life we have." Louder now, he says, "Ladies, I am so Sir William Talbert, and this is my wife Karen, and here is our dear friend, Sarah in her shiny tin suit. Let me offer my thanks to you for jumping in when you did to stop these marauding demons from doing even more damage. Hopefully the survivors won't take too long before they decide that it is safe once more and return to their homes. It is far too cold to be out here for long without proper clothing."

Then Karen says, "Tell us, is there anything we can do to help?"

Blake, Cyborg

I follow the glitterboy and the cyber-knights around the corner, when they ask if there is anything they can do to help i speak up "um actually would it be at all possible for me to replenish my supply of ammunition for my drones? i would be more than happy to help repair or work on any equipment that you may need worked on in exchange for it." i say through my drones "that is if our ship stops or if one of my friends that can fly will pick me up"

William looks up at the closest drone to him. "Do what you need to, but we don't have any rail guns to be able share with you some ammo." He looks about, then says, "I don't believe that there is any such ammunition to be had here. The few weapons I've seen are low quality energy weapons, so you may be a bit out of luck."

Blake, Cyborg

I nod to myself 'well i guess that makes sense it's not a very big village and they don't seem to have many weapons either' i think to myself and then speak though the drone that william is looking at "no worries i still have enough to hold out please see to your wounded, we might not be able to stay long but we will do what we can to help" i say as i think about our situation 'we probably should not reveal to much about our mission to those who are not part of it, and we probably should stay longer than a few hours, so that we can continue to atlantis as fast as possible'

Shaona, technowizard

Shaona offers a rather casual salute as the rider introduces his companions and himself. "Glad to meet you - and happy to help." She takes her time to muster the trio - or rather the duo and the giant GB suit that'd easily be able to tear everything in close to medium distance apart. There always was something fascinating about these relics of previous wars; to see one herself only reinforces that enthusiasm. Of course, it'd be foolish to even think about tearing that thing apart to take a look at the wiring... the wizard certainly drinks in whatever her senses can perceive. The mechanical horses, additionally - likely not as fast as a motorcycle, but certainly fancy in its own right.

"Not much you could do for us, I'm afraid; you already helped by taking care of the others." Her thumb points at the demons to her feet, the weapons in her arms don't allow for sweeping gestures. "Quite lucky to find some decent folks here, actually; half of the crew was worried about bloody pirates. If you don't mind, what brought you here? Some rumors about these ugly fellows" - this time, her foot kicks the demon's corpse - "or just random chance?"

William looks over at the Techno Wizard and laughs. "It was pure chance that we came across those fiends. We were traveling south when we literally created a hill and there they were, already on the move towards this town. We knew that as of last month there was no armored force in the town, so it was up to us to drop them before they could get into too much trouble. They split up when they saw us, one group slowing us down while the others ran forward to do as much damage as they could."

Terra grins. "Luck. It plays an important part. Still, it's a good thing for these people that both of our groups came along." She looks around at the town, then says, "You said that you knew that there were no armed defenders here. If you don't mind telling me, how did you know?"

Karen answers this one. "We passed through here last month. This little town is hardly relevant to the Coalition, especially with the growing tensions between them and the nations in the Magic Zone. So, when we saw the demons, we knew we had to act."

Combat Attributes
Initiative +1 (+5 when using sword)
Strike +11 (+14 with one sword, +15 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Save vs. Magic +7
Attacks per Round: 5 (+1 attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 4 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures)
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus +4 S.D.C.

Partial lyrics:

Brodkil demons, Sarah the Glitter Boy pilot had called them. Gradicus made a mental note to remember it. Names, after all, were often power.

William nods in Gradicus' direction. "Well met, my good man. It is good timing that both of our groups were passing along when they were."

Cyber-Knights! Glitter Boy pilot! Gradicus had followed his heart and his Undead Slayer training from the River Walker to here and it had led him wisely. "And well met to you and your lady!" Cyber-Knights deserved respect, thought the young Atlantean. He gave the three of them a respectful bow worthy of their titles.

William looks up at the closest drone to him. "Do what you need to, but we don't have any rail guns to be able share with you some ammo." He looks about, then says, "I don't believe that there is any such ammunition to be had here. The few weapons I've seen are low quality energy weapons, so you may be a bit out of luck."

One-handed, Gradicus displayed the rail gun he took from the Brodkil to Blake's drone. "Perhaps the ammunition in and with this might aid you?"

Karen answers this one. "We passed through here last month. This little town is hardly relevant to the Coalition, especially with the growing tensions between them and the nations in the Magic Zone. So, when we saw the demons, we knew we had to act."

Gradicus nodded and shook his head solemnly. "Aye! I had no choice myself - I do not have it in me to leave hundreds of defenseless humans to the likes of the creatures of whatever hell Brodkin demons come from. It is not the way of True Atlanteans." He gave a curt but discreet nod toward Terra. He had left the River Walker alone to fight and thought himself alone. His surprise at that had not left him; he wanted to know what had happened after he had departed. What had brought his team here after Trent and Terra had so voiced their opposition? Now, however, was not the time to ask.

So instead, he asked the three adventurers not in his team. "Sarah, Sers Talbert, would you share what else you have learned of these lands and channels? I am new and would not be caught unawares."

Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (264/264) Self-P.P.E. (125/220). Power Matrix (0/20 P.P.E. remaining). Blazing Comet (M.D.C.: 20/20. Time: 58/60 min.). Flaming Shield (Time: 60/60 min). Talisman (92/100 M.D. 1/3 daily uses remaining).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back