• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts Adventure OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm known for rolling many ones and I'm about to wander off on my own.

Want to place bets on what might happen?

Nothing this time, my friend. Not to you, anyways - we'll be rolling the 1's this time around, the entire team. Still means that you'll be stuck on Mars on your own, because noone else made the trip, but hey - can't have everything, right?

Nothing this time, my friend. Not to you, anyways - we'll be rolling the 1's this time around, the entire team. Still means that you'll be stuck on Mars on your own, because noone else made the trip, but hey - can't have everything, right?
That sounds like everything to me.

Going from kooky group adventure to horror survival.

I can dig it.

With all this talk of dinosaurs, cybernetics, facilities, etc. I cannot help but be reminded of... =)

This was a deliberate over-the-top game made with just about every 80's action movie reference you can think of. You may recognize Michael Biehn (Terminator's Kyle Reese, Aliens's Corporal Hicks) as the voice actor for the protagonist. This game is just nuts! =)

Yeah! Who's to say there isn't some hidden palm-tree-covered compound in Rifts Florida that doesn't have cybernetic raptors, missile-carrying pterodactyls, and laser-eyed tyrannosaurs rexes running around? And maybe one gigantic brontosaurus with a Borderlands 3-style golden-loot-box strapped to the top of its head? Heh!

This font color change sucks. Dont like. 2/10 and in the notifs there is no longer color differential for links.

Also
flying.png

I think I'll stick with Zeph. After some thought on it, I believe I can make it work.

To that end, I stand by the last IC post I made, as I do think it was a step in the right direction regardless.

Rykon Rykon Yaaay!

How will you make it work? And where would you like to adventure next?

D., that looks like Bill Watterson's work (Calvin and Hobbes)! =)

I still expect him to silently bide his arrogance around Brazamal, but I also expect him to be aggressive to other Dragons, especially those like Granthar.

As for his views on the party, he'll still obviously have to have some childish tendencies but focus more on getting answers to questions. His purpose would be to start amassing loot for his stash and the opportunity to explore.

On the note of where to adventure next... I'm still mentally waking up. My schedule gets weird during vacations so I'll probably just defer to the more experienced players on what follow up adventure makes the most sense. If I need to throw out a suggestion, perhaps an adventure along the lines of liberating something important from either the Splurgoth or the Coalition that could set up something later?

Edit: *something or someone important, possibly both.

Side question here - what alignment is Zeph, please? Because if his desire is just to arrogantly look out for number one, then I don't see my character getting close to him (regardless of his race - dragons come in good too). I think the past two or three PCs who left the game were playing characters of seriously Selfish alignments (Edit: I don't mean to say Zeph is headed that way, but I can't tell because I can't recall a non-Selfish action out of him). Those folks who played good characters (like sirlabe) fit right in! =)

Edit: I guess I mean to ask - why would a good-aligned party have him along, please? As it stands, Zeph seems to be something between Granthar and Brazamal. That he's aggressive toward evil dragons is terrific as is his desire to explore, but am I reading this right in that he's otherwise going to be a demanding fellow who's just out to get as much loot for himself as possible? There's more to him than that, right? I hope you see where I'm coming from. =)

Re: Coalition. We seem to have veered away from Coalition (Sil, for one, has 'been-there-done-that' in Sil's recent Rifts gaming) and Splugorth (I've seen enough of them recently), hence the talk of other realms. Sherwood brought up the possibility of outer space and Europe too. I would like to go somewhere that most of us are excited about and avoid spots that people are bored of. =)

Last edited:
I am liking the idea of having you go south to chase after Granthar, and then hijinks will ensue with vampires. Also, glad to see that Rykon Rykon is still with us! Don't forget to add your xp to your character; you should be leveling up like the rest of the group.

Side question here - what alignment is Zeph, please? Because if his desire is just to arrogantly look out for number one, then I don't see my character getting close to him (regardless of his race - dragons come in good too). I think the past two or three PCs who left the game were playing characters of seriously Selfish alignments (Edit: I don't mean to say Zeph is headed that way, but I can't tell because I can't recall a non-Selfish action out of him). Those folks who played good characters (like sirlabe) fit right in! =)

Edit: I guess I mean to ask - why would a good-aligned party have him along, please? As it stands, Zeph seems to be something between Granthar and Brazamal. That he's aggressive toward evil dragons is terrific as is his desire to explore, but am I reading this right in that he's otherwise going to be a demanding fellow who's just out to get as much loot for himself as possible? There's more to him than that, right? I hope you see where I'm coming from. =)

Re: Coalition. We seem to have veered away from Coalition (Sil, for one, has 'been-there-done-that' in Sil's recent Rifts gaming) and Splugorth (I've seen enough of them recently), hence the talk of other realms. Sherwood brought up the possibility of outer space and Europe too. I would like to go somewhere that most of us are excited about and avoid spots that people are bored of. =)
He is scrupulous, he's been defensive cause he has felt insulted and is still an outsider to the group at this point.

Rykon Rykon Okies! That's good!

If you would like, maybe have Zeph come by the sealed door and my character can see him with his magic helmet and maybe start a conversation? Then perhaps we can see Zeph in a different light?

(Trying everything I can think of here. =) )

Merry Christmas, hope you all have a good time!

Short question for Sherwood Sherwood - is there anything noteworthy in Granthar's previous location, in the eyes of Shaona? Mostly looking for tech stuff that might be connected to the main fortress. Just asking because I'd be inclined to look at anything there before I run over to the others.

In order for you to get any info on the alien machinery hidden in the floor, you'll need to open up several access panels to do some research on just what is there, either with your psy power of telemechanics or with your skills. It will take some time to do so.

Silanon Silanon Maybe have Shaona use her Superhuman Strength spell to rip open more panels and then take a good detailed video of the machinery if we lack the time?

Daisy should be leveled up now.

Added 1 PP to 27 (no s/p/d bonus)
Added Wilderness Survival as a skill. Felt it fit given she was a merc. Next time will be getting homemaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back