• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Reviving Star Blush (technically a fandom, but one you can just jump into)

YareYare

RjZ5m7a.png

Criminal Idol -- a series of 9 TEN (publicly released, so far) story-based songs by the great Static-P! Don't worry about seeing spoilers here, as the series so far is non-sequential enough that the important story points are just the premise of the series. You can find all the songs here, and it's recommended that you listen to/watch all of them prior to actually starting the roleplay. This is a fandom you can get a decent understanding of in like half an hour. If you're wondering why Episode 0 has better video quality than many of the others, it's because it was the 7th song to be released and video quality improves significantly over time. This improvement happens to be the most drastic in Episode 5.

Here's a quick summary of what it's about: Detective Detective (or simply, the detective) is dragged along to the finale of an idol contest by his young friend, Kanesaki, the teacher of a group called Star Blush Girls who is set to perform that night. The show goes off without a hitch, until the last performance. During which, a bomb placed into their baggage explodes, causing injuries to every group except Star Blush and ending many idol careers. Everyone points their fingers at the Star Blush Girls, who find themselves constantly bullied and harassed for something they presumably did not do. A mystery unfurls as the detective tries to find the culprit. Not long after this, a boy named Cole mistakenly finds himself thrown into the Star Blush Girls' little club and soon takes on the responsibility of clearing their names as the detective also finds himself in a similar position of trying to do his best for everyone involved. Will the girls' names be cleared, and will they be able to make their comeback and live out their idol dreams?

𝄞 -- ♪ -- ♫ -- ♫ -- ♪ -- 𝄞

So... what exactly are we RPing here?: Well, the whole storyline. Sort of. And the story will likely head off in its own direction once we've gotten beyond the bombing and Cole's appearance. However, many situations seen in the videos will also come up. Each character (hopefully) will be portrayed and expanded on, as there's not a lot of known development of these characters, bar maybe Cole and the detective who have had more individual focus. As this is an ongoing series, the RP will likely include significant deviation from the official content. The identity of the bomber will be picked between the people who want their character to be the bomber, as well as possibly NPC characters if we have to have those. Don't try to draw things out from context clues here either, or based on my actual CI theories, because they won't be the same and the bomber's currently undecided. Also, of course, don't openly state that your character is the bomber or try to prove OOC that they're not. The bomber's identity is a mystery.

So... who exactly are we RPing here?: The list of available characters can be found here, in Episode 0 of the series, along with a little character info. Feel free to pick based on the info here, and my character notes below, but you still might benefit from going through the full playlist before choosing. I'm not against OC's, but I don't really want them to be used until we have this up on its feet with the existing characters. This will give us better foundations to deviate from and better ways to fit new characters into the story.

Notes on specific characters:
Nori - Likely to be an NPC or just not make an appearance, unless someone really wants to play him. So far, we don't really know how he's supposed to fit into the whole story of Criminal Idol, and I'm not sure that messing with that is a good idea, nor is there much reason to do so. HE'S HERE NOW! So while, yes, he might be an NPC due to his general absence in the main storyline and not having enough information on him, someone is welcome to play him and make him a more important part of our version of the story.
Meteor - The girls of Meteor are very much a part of the story, but they're not especially present yet, or as necessary to the story as Star Blush Girls. You're welcome to play them, but perhaps consider picking up someone else up first.
Cole - In some ways, he's treated as the protagonist of Criminal Idol. This isn't the case here, as significant as he may be to the group. They do need him though, and of course, he does want to help them. Bear in mind though that he's not immediately close with the members of Star Blush Girls, mostly agreeing to remain in the club due to guilt about otherwise causing it to be disbanded. He's also not around at the time of the idol bombing and isn't immediately aware of the event upon meeting the girls.
Hareka - Officially is somewhat implied into a ship with Cole. This isn't necessarily the case here... but it's also a possibility. It depends on what both players wish for.
Detective Detective (the detective) - He'll likely sort of take on the group's responsible-adult-but-not-the-teacher role. Not liked at first, for obvious reasons. But things can change, and the group's stuck with him. Also, as he's still investigating the bombing, he'll likely have to take note of his findings. He's definitely a character you guys can play, but one you shouldn't leap into without being sure about it.
Kanesaki - Remember that he's probably not a very competent teacher, but he is their teacher anyway. He's not much older than the girls and is also considerably younger than his friend, the detective. He'll probably be seen a lot more in this than so far in the official series.

𝄞 -- ♪ -- ♫ -- ♫ -- ♪ -- 𝄞

So that's pretty much all. I spent longer than I should've to make this thread, but I guarantee some things I was supposed to add in are missing. So feel free to ask any questions below, and let me know if you'd be interested in joining. If there's a particular character you want already, you can 'reserve' it here too. It's no guarantee, as circumstances might change regarding certain things, but if nobody else has asked for them, you'll probably get your character.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back