• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern research experiment anyone ?? [OPEN]

bubblefly

the milk of human kindness
I don't have a huge description or outline for it, but I have a rough idea of what I'd like it to be primary based on:

A young and aspirational researcher was fired from their short career on a research facility after
breaking multiple rules and breaking down safety requirements to enhance her test subjects
experience. When they seperated themselves from that life, through all the media converage and
television interviews, she had made quite the name and money for herself, so began funding a
private research facility that no one knew about. It would be placed within her basement and she'd
be able to hire those from local universities to volunteer themselves and pretend it was for work
experience; as it would be amazing to put down on any application.

She planned out to set up 5 different rooms, 4 of them being where she'd hold the test subjects in a
mirror covered wall and a singular bed, nothing else surrounding themselves, apart from their exit;
a door. She'd have them all stay in their for 23 hours a day, allowing them to come out and wonder
around the 5th room altogether, a simple white plainted room with white carpets, a single table and
four chairs. She wouldn't personally interact with the text subjects, but she'd be watching and listening
at all times through a multitude of hidden cameras and microphones, 1 mirror in every room being one-
side, so she could secretly spy on them.

Planning on keep them in their for 5 days, she knew that some phsychological effects would take
place, possibly hallucinations or mental breakdowns. But that was the entire process and research
she wanted to focus on; how people react to always seeing themselves and only themselves in a
confined and isolated area. She didn't that sure on why or how she'd carry out the research, it was

honestly more for her personal entertainment and how far she could push her subjects.

It's not the most polished or outstanding idea, but I've always wanted to conduct my own group roleplay and be a figure outside of the rest, and this idea sprung to my mind and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in it? I'd play as the researcher and I'd need four other characters to play as the test subjects. Once I've got enough people interested, I shall post on this again asking for everyone to send me a completed character sheet (which I shall produce) of their character to me privately, so I can go through and pick those who I think would fit the role better.

Seems interesting. How would the researcher feel about having an expecting mother as a test subject?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back