• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Red Hood Society

Tonson shook his head, "You deserve better, you have such an amazing ability that can save so many. If it wasn't for you Syl would be dead and turned right now..." He spoke out to him. "I hate them....I hate them all..." He added on while placing his forehead on Sisceal's chest. "I swear to you...I will make sure this treatment doesn't go without punishment." He continued to speak. A black and white aura would slowly become visible as it began to surround Tonson. He was beyond angry and only wanted what was best for the Priest. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm on the right side of the war, if we are actually the ruthless beast. If we are just the same as the enemy outside our doorstep." He spoke softly.

Axeykins Axeykins

"There's not much that can be done. Their word is law and it's been that way for years now." He sighed. Resting his cheek on top of Tonson's head. It was incredibly tender after being smashed into the ground so violently. "If you react now and with such vengeance more likely than not they'll go on another culling. This time not even sparing those in higher positions or well known families or children again this time around...and starting with me. They always get rid of the biggest 'problems' first. So the best thing is to bend down and accept it. At least from my experiences." He allowed his arms to travel up around Tonson's waist. There was no one around to see now making it safe. "It's tough to say, but right now it seems like both sides are equally as brutal....our fellow humans moreso than the wolves here."
Blue098 Blue098

Malice Queen Malice Queen Axeykins Axeykins

Honus, to no surprise, hadn't slept in ages. His eyelids hung loosely, his eyes bloodshot. But he could not afford to sleep, he couldn't. The fear of the battle to be fought kept him up at night, brought him terrible visions. He felt as if his mind were slowly escaping his grasp, floating away to abandon him. So when Syl, asked if he had been sleeping, his tiredness showed. "How can I sleep? We're about to fight for our lives, Syl. These commanders they, they're telling me all these things. The wolves want to fight like humans now. They're taking anything we Hoods would use, and trying to put it into use against us. And think about how ironic it all is, the full moon is nearly upon us. If they want to make a statement, they'd attack then." His mind seemed to not focus on one thought, one track, one trail. He was wondering, barely able to keep his focus. He needed Syl more than ever, to be his guiding light in these dark times.

She'd never seen him like this, so broken...so dead. "Honus..." she began, hesitating for a moment before she moves her hand to his shoulder firmly. "Listen...We can't give up, no matter how bad the odds are stacke dagainst us." she would sigh, a sorry excuse of a peptalk. The best she could do was stay silent for a moment and embrace Honus in a hug – regardless of whether he accepted it or not. She was just as terrified as him but they needed to fight! They would probably die, she knew that...and he probably knew that too. She would push away from Honus, breaking their embrace, sniffling as she does so her eyes slightly teared up. The Hood turns away, taking a deep breath and exhaling a sigh. "We fight because we have to...but no matter what happens...the wolves won't leave this battle unscathed..."
JokerValentine JokerValentine

"What if I decided to change all of this...make it so we could all live in peace...would you follow me down my path?" He asked a Sisceal while looking up at him now. "Would you be by my side as both a friend and as my love?" He added on. His eyes were bloodshot and his cheeks were stained with tears. He wrapped his arms around Sisceal now and brought him closer. Tonson was serious about his words now, and was speaking from his heart. He wanted to change this world, for better or worse he couldn't stand how it was now. Though he wanted to have Sisceal by his side during it all. His aura was slowly fading and he was calming down.

Axeykins Axeykins

Malice Queen Malice Queen

The aged commander took a deep sigh, and looked up at the one he thought had become his own kid. Syl, the one who was always there for him, who remembered what it meant to be human, to have emotions and pains, and weaknesses. "You're always there for me when I need it the most," Honus said with a genuine smile. But there was always something more, something deeper in his sentiment. He hadn't yet told her his plans. "Syl I.... I did a lot of thinking today and last. This is going to be it for me either way. If I die during the fight, I'll be sure to do it on my feet. We fight to the last man, in any way we can. I want you to be the first to know that I love you with all my heart. And if I somehow survive all of this, if I find some way to escape my fate, I'm going to retire from this all. I always wanted to have a farm, to feel the... the sun on my neck as it rose between the trees. Wouldn't it be beautiful?"

Honus opted to spare the details about the spiritual visit. There was too much at hand, with the war to come. Night seemed so far, yet so close. He would have to address the troops soon, one they had finished the latrines and said their prayers. For soon, many of them would be dead, their corpses either furred or rotting, preferably the latter. He just hoped it wasn't Syl among them. He had not known that she was indeed infected, slowly turning to become what he hated most.

"I uh...I don't know Tonson." Sisceal shamefully pulled away. Keeping from locking eyes as best as he could. "I have my daughter to look after back home. Under their watch. And I'll be damned before they either take her away from me or plant lies about me in her head." He clenched his fists. "As much as it pains me to say, but I can do nothing but obey them. If I show any signs of rebellion...they'll.."
Blue098 Blue098

"Where is Honus?" The commander that had just come from the latrines demanded as he stormed up to his comrades.
"Visiting with his daughter and not to be disturbed yet. Why do you ask?"
"That damned witch isn't doing it's job. And I feel he of all of us needs to know." He huffed. Pulling a dried piece of bird shit from his hair. "He's fooling around and buddy buddy with some young hood out there. It's disgusting. Honus needs to learn to put the foul beast in it's place for once or so help me be forced to step down from his command. Of which I will have the utmost pleasure of taking charge to see it happens."

"Hmm. Come with us for a moment." The soldier motioned to a clearing to the left. Farther from the dens. This one was mighty odd. Claiming to be one of them...of course. She did smell the part. "We only have some questions for you. Nothing more. Such as....where so you come from? We've have all packs in the surrounding areas documented and accounted for.security reasons of course. Wouldn't want to be caught unawares."
Moolock Moolock

Red nodded and stepped along behind them as she muttered in reply, "N-north of here... b-by pack I don't mean anything... official... w-w-we were small but we stuck t-together- m-my brother and I and a-a couple others from th-the village over... ...b-b-but-" she broke off with a sniffle, reaching up to rub her face, only streaking the grit across her skin. "I-I d-didn't know wh-where to go but s-south..."

Axeykins Axeykins

He would look to Sisceal and nod, "I understand...then all I ask is when the time comes, or when it is ever possible for you to escape with your daughter, please do so. I will also try everything on my end to make sure you two are together and safe..." He replied to him while wiping away a couple of his tears and smiling.

"Though let's get back to work before that asshole comes back, I don't think I will be able to control myself if he comes back and hurts you..." He added on.

Axeykins Axeykins

Axeykins Axeykins Malice Queen Malice Queen

At the mention of his name, Honus knew that the horrid commander was seeking him out, one he would prefer not to deal with. With one last embrace, he hugged Syl a temporary goodbye. He went to the door of his keep room, and went outside. There, near his office, he saw her ugly visage staring in his direction. "Hello Karyn," Honus said, hoping he had given her the right name. Immediately, he saw the stain in her hair, seeing it to be avian fecal matter. The aged commander surely had his differences with her, many in fact. seeing her in such a disheveled state brought him a great smile, but not one he could show. So for now he looked the part, and kept his face stern. "What am I needed for?"

Sylvia would nod and then furrow her brow as Honus mentioned him having his final battle regardless of the outcome. She was worried, she didn't want to think about one of them surviving and the other perishing...even though it might just end up that way. Her emotion would shift, a smile gracing her lips as he spoke of his plans for afterwards bit as he mentioned his dream. "It sounds wonderful, Honus..." Syl would practically close her eyes at his description.

"W-Wait! Honu–" she would stop as soon as he left the building. What was he planning exactly? She detested the male high-commander, the one who had punished Sisceal. He was a power-hungry prick who loves the bully people who are 'beneath' him. She wanted to avoid this asshole, lest she deck the man in the face at the next opportunity.

"What do you say we do? She's awfully convincing." One soldier whispered to his comrades.
"I say we send a message to Him. See what he says and what's in the reports before deciding."
The other two nodded in agreement before breaking away. "I'm sorry miss but we're going to have to keep you here for a while as we contact our Lord. He will have the proper reports on raided areas and thus he credentials for what remains of your pack." They spoke calmly and smoothly.
Moolock Moolock

"Ahem. It is me with the complaint." The surly male grumbled. "You so called magic using 'priest' out there isn't doing his job and spoke against direct orders. I swear he even got the vermin on his side as well. Damned beasts." He shook the remains of the shit from his hair. "Not only that but it seems he's canoodling with one of your soldiers as well. Pah! The poor chap is so caught up in his mind traps that he attacked me on that sorry excuses word." The commander spouted out in the most dead serious tone. "I tried to reprimand him but he still refused to listen Commander Honus. My suggestion is you take care of your property before it steps even farther out of line."
JokerValentine JokerValentine Malice Queen Malice Queen

"If the opportunity arises we will gladly seize it and join you." A soft smile finally graced his face once more.
"Now, let's get this thing scrubbed spotless so we can finally earn our lunch hm?" He smirked. Sneaking a pinch in on Tonson as he reached for his scrubbing brush. Least that hadn't been kicked too far away in the assault.
Blue098 Blue098

Tonson would smile and blush a bit as he back to work with Sisceal. Though in the back of his mind, all he could think about was that man. The angry commander who decided to hurt the one thing that he still cared about. As much as he would hate to admit it to Sisceal, all he could think about was how he could kill him without anyone knowing. Suffocating him in his sleep using the tendrils, oil fire within the kitchen, him going "missing" within the night. There were so many ways to handle this, and he was thinking of all of them now. Though as he was working he couldn't help but wonder why the hell he was stuck doing this horrible job. Ah that's right he got drunk on the job, Honus' rage was beyond containable at that moment. He was quite surprised that he wasn't killed on the spot either, though he knew that wouldn't happen even if they tried their hardest.

"Sisceal, what do you think of the demons that are within me? Because it is obvious that Sylvia isn't too fond of them, though you said you wished to speak to me about them." He spoke out to him curiously.

Axeykins Axeykins

Malice Queen Malice Queen Axeykins Axeykins

The commander would hear the complaints, and nod almost sympathetically. He had his indifferences with those pricks. After all, he did assign them to the latrine digging after all. However, despite the idiocy of the men in question, Honus had no liking on his statement. "They are not property, with all due respect. I am sorry they attacked you. As you know, tensions are high. Every day we hear more of the same detrimental news, Keeps falling, towns being burned and pillaged, women and children turned into food, the whole lot. When they have finished their duties on the latrines I will be sure to reprimand them in personally." Of course, Honus tried his best to hide his true sentiments about this highborn poor excuse of a commander. Had he even seen combat before. That is, actual combat, not just simulation.

"Tcht. Of course your Hood is no property. That would be foolish. I was speaking of the witch in that case. You have his papers. Therefore he's yours to do with as you see fit until further notice Honus. You should very much try visiting the Capital now and again, creatures like that aren't even classified as citizens." The commander scoffed. Turns out the rumors of this once great man's obliviousness were all too true. "I know tensions are high sir and what is happening around us and only hope you cure this insubordination quickly. Before I take matters into my own hands." The truly vile excuse for a commander hissed at Honus before storming off.

"What a ray of sunshine that one." Karyn shook her head as soon as he was out of sight. "Would it be acceptable to apologize for that one Honus? He may outrank you but he comes nowhere near your level of experience. It is a shameful display of....compensation. If you will."
JokerValentine JokerValentine Malice Queen Malice Queen

With a small nod, she sat down on the forest floor while one or both of them (I assume?) went off to check with the alpha. Red lowered her gaze... she had no idea what the packs in the north were like. Lying would be seen right through against the man- sorry, the beast- with all the answers. Biting the inside of her cheek, Red tilted her head slightly, searching for Sylvia. She found her favorite human's presence back at the Hood camp. Honus was there too. With a pang she remembered she'd promised he'd see his wife again. The papers for her soul were still getting sorted through, though. Hey there... sorry to interrupt Aldrich, but I found the dogs' camp... can I have some fun?

Axeykins Axeykins

Sylvia would furrow her brow, she hadn't heard from Red for quite a while. 'Red?...Where are you?...' Syl would ask with a hint of concern in her thoughts. A few seconds later, Syl's thoughts were greeted by Red's familiar voice, she asked if she could have fun. 'Are you serious, you're at their camp?!' her lips would curl into a wicked smile. 'Go for it...' she would think in an almost sadistic voice. 'But be careful...', Syl added, she wanted to keep her friend...her comrade safe if she could help it. 'If you can takedown some of them...we may just have a chance in the fight to come.'
Moolock Moolock

"Hm?" He looked up from his work for a moment. "Ah. Right. As is pretty obvious. Generally being part of the church it is my job to exorcise such beings or to at least cast them away somehow and so on and so forth. You don't need the overly preachy drivel." He mindlessly waved a hand as he spoke. "However. I am going to keep an eye on them. I don't hate them It's only that past experiences and studies leave me cautious. I don't want them getting out of hand and harming either you or an innocent bystander or fellow warriors. Understand?" His tone and gaze became far more serious. "I can make talismans to help control them better and please know. I have the means to dispose of them on hand at all times and it would be with only the best intentions my dear Tonson."
Blue098 Blue098

Honey, need I remind you I'm immortal? A voice could not sound more smug. Red rose to her feet, looking to the trees ahead where the wolf stench was wafting from, eyes flashing for a moment to eerily resemble those of a reptile. She raised a finger, the nail slowly morphing into a talon which she dragged across her palm. A spring of red came forth, oozing over her skin until it began to sizzle and steam, more and more gathering until the shape resembled a bastard sword, solidifying into the weapon. Red gripped her old friend and stepped forward, in one fell swing going neck-level for the pair of scouts. As she did so, where she stepped the leaves and grass instantly caught fire, crackled, and the ash swirled. I haven't needed to be careful in hundreds of years. Horns sprouted under her hair as the guise of the little girl fell away to reveal Red's crackling form: a tall, muscled warrior of a woman with eyes as bright as suns and skin just as hot, red hair flowing like a sea, and a vestige of coal-black armor. She grinned down at the scouts, whether they were alive or dead from her blow. The werewolf aura vanished as well to one bearing overwhelming dread. It was too late to hide even if she'd wanted to.

Red launched herself above the trees, her sword having grown inside with her body. Ash fluttered behind her as she caught view of the wolf camp with a sharp-toothed grin. "Play time, puppies." Gravity returned, she landed in the forest with a resounding crash of breaking limbs and her weight hitting the ground.

Axeykins Axeykins

The wolves gasped in horror. Demon. They could have sworn it was one from the reports as well. Some beast adorned in fiery red.
Without hesitation the remaining scouts lit and sent screaming arrows into the sky. The combined chorus of them sounding like a banshee.
The wolves in the camp immediately took heed of the signal and packed up all they were doing. Hauling every bit of their works deep into the caves and barring the entrance with iron and silver. As the majority of them worked on that a small group worked to finish a circled of blessed salts and holy water around the parameters. They didn't have much in means of a demon attack but Draven made sure they were prepared with every possible precaution he had learned in his many millennia of existence.

"Sir. What shall we do if the defenses fail."
"Then we use them." He spoke as quiet as possible. "Take measures to ensure it's all ready to go instantly on my command if needed."
Moolock Moolock

Red swooped down overhead as they broke camp, raining down swaths of fire where she could- on trees, tents, wolves- all the while cackling and her booming voice echoed over the space. As they fled to the caves, she gave chase, the flames of hell hot on their heels. Still mortals, the lot of them, and the slow ones laden with their materials would most likely be caught in her fires. Red sprinted over the campground, the ground beneath her feet cracking with flame and lava, almost instantly turned into a hellscape in her wake. She raised her broadsword overhead and swung it down deep into the earth, sending before her a streak of flames and lava toward the fleeing caravan and their hidey hole. Sylvia, dearest, would you like a peek at how it's going? Red dragged her sword up from the earth and charged again to try and catch up with them.

Axeykins Axeykins I'd like to contend that breaking camp takes time and there's no physical way they all ducked underground in a flash to prepare? There is a being from hell on their heels, she's not going to just let them run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back