• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Red Hood Society

'H-How?...Can you...do that? Sylbia wanted to see what Red was doing, even if she was immortal there were always ways to work around that. 'Regardless..."Yes" she spoke aloud and in her mind. She wanted desperately to watch the wolves run with their tails between their legs. She wanted to hear and see the blood run from their bodies as they whimper and whine in pain. 'I want to make them pay for what they did.' for a moment, Syl's eyes would flash golden until her rage subsided.
Moolock Moolock

Honus of course was rather personally offended by such statements, but this capital breed of Hoods were. The captain was of course just about to seek out these pathetic fools and pretend to scold them, but there was a loud crash. Honus could see the men scuffle to the apertures to peer off into the distance, and there they saw flames. Immediaely, the commander scrambled to the wall of the keep. Honus' jaw dropped as the sky grew black and flames stretched into the heavans. For the first time in a while, he was terrified. This sight... it was unnatural. Something was wrong. Were they coming?

Without hesitation, the commander raced back into the room where Syl was, forgetting about everything but her safety. As he entered, she seemed to be in a daze, pensive almost. It was unusual, given the situation. Hell, she wasn't even bothered by it all, the screams, the murmurs, the explosions. Was it just a routine experience for her? Absolutely not! "Syl... something's happened. The forest is on fire... again. I don't know what's going on. It's not our guys, and the werewolves can't figure this out at all for themselves. Unless if they magically got a hold of everything we've ever known or something." A poor attempt at a joke indeed.

Malice Queen Malice Queen

Tonson would nod, but also wave away what he said. "I thank you for your concern Sisceal...I really am. Though such things should never be necessary as I volunteered myself as their champion. I asked them to be my friends and to help me bring peace to this horrid world in return. Unifying all under one flag, and that is what I plan to do." He replied while giving him a smile. "I promise that they will not take me over, and that no harm will come to me or anyone that doesn't deserve to be struck down." He added on.

Axeykins Axeykins

"Damn you hoods. Demons again? Always cheating aren't you? But, suffice to say. I'm not as stupid as you think." His voice echoed through the camp. Carried through the yards and yards of empty dens. Making the sheets of metal that blockaded the doors ring melodically as his tone turned dark and demonic. He was summoning the power the demonic entity Ragnarock had given him months ago. It was at last time for the next phase in his conquest. "I hope one of you is listening through whatever form of demon is out there. I've got a few tricks up my sleeves as well. Let's see how you like it when the playing field is even."
"Please. No. STOP! STOOOOP." Several of the poor, hapless men cried out as the demon barreled down on them with no mercy. They were paralyzed in fear. Although, it was unlikely they would stand even the slightest chance of escape. Seeing as, they were tied to their posts and were not even wolves. Merely captured hoods hidden well under furs and covered in the stench is wolves. Along with a few of their dullard brethren and some acting as martyrs for their Alpha's cause.

"You may want to look again at this camp you spying bastards. I'm glad I was so fortunate to catch this day firsthand while checking the troops." He snarled gleefully. "Through the gracious communication and grand connection of my pack I've learned that a little loyal doggie spied some pests peeking in..Do you honestly think that in the many many millennia I've existed in this world that I would be so stupid as to stay out of pride after such a report?" He began to laugh. Oh how I wish we could have squashed them there but I suppose some substitutes should suffice and be honorable sacrifices for their cause, hmmm? I know my few that are here swell with pride from it. But do yours? I hope the hoods you work for can recant their tale when we finally meet in true battle soon demon." A sharp sinister cackle rang out from all directions around the camp. Tucked deep in the main caverns below the dens Draven roared with laughter. Black slowly bleeding into his fine silvery coat and his eyes glowing red.
"I've no further use for this place. Set off the explosives and let us bury every last trace of the hollows that exist here and let us go"
"Yes my Glory, my Liege. As it is said, it shall be done." Marius spoke up ever so mechanically as he motioned for the last wolves that were inhabit these depths on their last mission.
Moolock Moolock
( Malice Queen Malice Queen JokerValentine JokerValentine Blue098 Blue098 Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed )

Even as the rivaling demonic energy began to seep out of the Alpha from his rabbit hole, Red heeded nothing, blood lust clear in her eyes. The connection opened, before her Syl could see the burning trees, tents, and bodies, and the hellish landscape of cracks in the ground seeping lava. She could see the edge of the broadsword as it rested at Red's side. "Is it cheating to use what we were given? You mistake me, wolf, I don't act on behalf of the hoods!" Red cackled, for the hell of it forming a large ball of lava in her hands, which she flung right for the entrance of the cave. See, their little fun with holy water and other precautions meant she couldn't get it. That did nothing to impede her magic. Rage boiled within her. Sylvia dear, heed not what I say here... I'm doing the best I can. She stepped forward, dripping lava accompanying. "You actually think I'm here to spy? To give gateway to some human counterpart? To fight for one side of the war or another? You're thicker than I thought, Alpha! What need have I, an immortal guardian of hell, to tie myself to a mere, fragile mortal and their petty war? I just happen to not like beasts like you. I just happen to want your soul mounted above my gates!" With that she drew up the sword again and swung it downward, another uproar of flames shooting out in the direction its point lead, straight for their cave. "Fight me here, coward! You hide in your hole like a rabbit!" Red shouted as the roar of the flames died down.

Axeykins Axeykins

Last edited:
Sisceal let out a deep sigh. "Just be careful please? Demons are tricky, fickle beings. "Claim to be your friends or on your side but changing their minds at the drop of a hat. Despite contracts or agreements. But.....I trust your judgement." He sat back and dropped his brush. Finally this damned thing was clean. Not shining like ordered by the commander that had attacked them but there was only so much that could be done to an old latrine. "I don't know their nature or how your arrangement works so I've got no room to judge you or them."
Blue098 Blue098

Sylvia would shake her head softly as Honus came in, he mentioned how the forest was ablaze again and he seemed legitimately worried. "Maybe it's some other group fight against the dogs...Haha or that..." she smirked at Honus' stupid joke. "I dunno, maybe someone just set fire to the trees for fun..." there was no way she could tell him the truth, tell him what she was seeing right now...in her mind's eye. He would never believe her or...maybe he would! Regardless, the young woman would seem distracted as she spoke with Honus, an occasional off-putting smile coming to her face as she watched Red do what she did best. The Alpha would slink back into the cave, shouting at the her demon-friend about spying for the Hoods, to which Sylvia would hear Red mention her lack of cooperation with the Hoods. Syl could hardly believe what Red had said, literally! Red was too kind to her to just betray their friendship like that. ’Get the bastard Red!’ she cheered her companion on before snapping out of the shared vision.

”Sorry Honus..." she would rub her eyes and blink them a few times before continuing to speak to Honus. ”So, what was this…plan you had? Before I mean..." she would smile warily, the way he sounded earlier was concerning to her but Red’s assault on the dog’s camp improved her mood.
JokerValentine JokerValentine Moolock Moolock

"Honus let's be reasonable. I highly doubt they would attack at this hour. It's broad daylight, in the middle of the day. Perhaps something has gone wrong there and we are better off not meddling?" Karyn suggested gently. "At this hour our own troops are completely primed and ready to go. And from what we've been hearing they would not do something so foolhardy. We must think this through and you should know that. Please do not let the stress cloud your judgement so much. That will only lead to our downfall.
JokerValentine JokerValentine Malice Queen Malice Queen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then why do you fight on their side? We know several demons were at that raid weeks ago and our leader knows how they operate well. How could we not think that you have been sent here to spy for one of them?" A wolf walked across the fiery fields that were once dens. His eyes glowing red as he watched on for the Alpha. Explosives strapped to his chest to show he was prepared to die one way or another in front of this demon. "As for what he is doing...Calling it cowardice is pure stupidity. Would the Hoods put their captains on the front lines of a massive war front? Out there in the midst of all the battling. I hardly think so, why risk the strategist? The one pulling all of the strings and organizing the masses? It would be beyond idiotic. We may be beasts but we are not the stupid kind."
Moolock Moolock

"Because I like the smell of dogs burning more than humans? Because I'm crazy? Because I'm bored? How do you know I'm not going to raze their castle when I'm done having fun here?" She shook her head, chuckling. "Honestly love, you think I'm being methodical, I'm not." Red raised her sword, aiming the tip down at the explosives-decked figure she towered over. "My deepest apologies but I think a leader should, well, lead. Isn't that where the name comes from? And by the gods if he's your only strategist, little pup you're in more trouble than I would've thought." Red launched herself back, bringing up a wall of lava to spill over the vested figure, hoping to set off the bombs and remain a distance away. Once again her gaze turned to the cave as she shouted across the broiling clearing, "This one told me you don't lead your own men to battle, that you send them out like a mother tells their children to go play. Is that how I should write you down in history, Rabbit King?" She formed and flung another spitting ball of flame at the mouth of the cave.

Axeykins Axeykins

All emotion would fall from Syl's face as she dropped to her hands and feet, her heart beating faster than ever before. What was happening? No...No it couldn't be now! Her head would snap up towards Honus, eyes shining gold like the sun as her face began to twist into one of horror and pain while one hand extended out to her father. "H-Honus...r-ru–Ah!" Syl would try to warn her beloved father-figure but her bones would make a sickening crunch, her head and arm snapped to the floor. Her body felt as if it were on fire and her heart felt like it would burst from her chest. 'Gods why now?...Why?!' the soon-to-be-former-Hood questioned her fate – her brother would get what he wanted.

Her mouth would open wide, a horrid scream coming from her as her bones continued to shift, grow, and shrink to fit the new form her body would take. "P-Please Honus...Kill...m-me!" she would cry, her body would soon fall over and writhe in the pain of the transformation. Her teeth had formed into sharp points, eyes permanently fixed to the gleaming gold of a wolf. It would seem as if the woman was curling up tighter and tighter into a ball on the floor. She begged for this to be over quick, she begged that Honus would kill her where she lay...before she would change...before could harm him...before she turned into what she hated most.

It wasn't expected for Honus to have the nerve to kill his adoptive-child...it just wasn't. If he could not fulfill her wish then her body would continue to transform, black fur soon tearing through her clothes and her body would soon be that of a wolf. The black she-wolf before him would be still for but a moment, ears twitching as it became aware of her surroundings. Steadily it would rise from the floor, facing her former-father. Her ears rang with the call of the Alpha...Hoods...enemies...KILL. The she-wolf's lips would curl as she bared her fangs, a low growl coming from her as her fur began to bristle... a much louder growl came forth and then she began to circle her prey, waiting for a chance to strike.
JokerValentine JokerValentine

Malice Queen Malice Queen Axeykins Axeykins Blue098 Blue098 Moolock Moolock

The commander's world shattered down just as soon as it seemed the tremors akiltering the lofty citadel that once was so proud. Honus, without hesitation, realized what was happening. He hadn't seen it before, but she was bitten. The commander could only stand still and see what Syl had become. Slowly, the new form writhed on the ground, the child he saved from infancy, until it stopped her squirming. Alas, it rose to its feet, its eyes so disgusting it made Honus'' stomach nearly explode. Tears welled up in his eyes, as for the first time since he was young, he felt loss beyond all measures. All the memories seemed to come back to him: when he saved her life, when she joined the Hoods, when he first called her daughter, when she was no longer Sylvia and just Syl. There was so much he learned about her, but so much yet died with her here.

But it was not to be over. Honus was tearing up now, seeing the new wolf's grotesque maw raise a snarl to him, the one that was once a young, innocent girl thrust into a terrible war, one that he was trying to leave behind. He should've listened to her. They should have gone far away before any of this happened. He should've killed her before she turned completely, but the sight of her there, it made him unable to do it. He hadn't even drawn his knife. But now he was forced to unwillingly. The lone wolf seemed to stagger, adjusting to its new movements, its new measurements, its new feral nature. "You should have listened when you had the chance...." Syl uttered in her new form, eying the male up and down. She, or rather it, let loose a snarl, looking vicious and with hatred.

"Syl, I'm sorry for what I must do," Honus said through his tears as he drew his knife, the very one he had inscribed his name on when he first joined, the one he was planning to give to Syl when he retired. It was everything to him, something he rarely used, as the bow was his commodity. The commander closed the door to his chamber behind him, and held his shaking hand steady as he saw what Syl had become. He wish he could say much more, that she could fight it and that perhaps one day she might be able to escape her form and return human. maybe she could go into hiding. But then he remembered how his son Marius had become terrible, forgotten all about his love for the Hoods. But regardless, Syl was always loyal, that is, when she was alive.

She prowled forth, licking her teeth. She leaned back on her haunches, knowing her first kill was going to be so easy. "You talk too much, commander," the beast uttered as she lunged at the commander. In that very moment, his life flashed before his eyes, everything he went through, all the stories he failed to tell his friends about. For example, there was one day in his life he met a woman, one that was the kindest records keeper he had ever known. She was a Hood, and they were soon madly in love. The young Honus, not even a Hood himself yet, was besmitten with her for what seemed a long time, until she was pregnant. The thought of fatherhood scared him so much, it was terrible to even think that this was gonna be his life now. He was thinking about marrying her. When the child was born, she suffered from compications, and she passed, however. it broke Honus' heart, him to raise a child that he couldn't dare father. His mother was dead, though for the sake of being able to spare his grief, the story became that she was a prostitute. The child she gave birth to was named Marius.

There was another story too, when Honus was an up and coming Hood. There was this kid whose name was Samuel, the only kid he ever truly thought highly of. One day, he was alone during the luncheon as a recruit, and Honus asked what was the matter. The kid replied that he was in love with another Hood, the one named Sylvia Aldrich. Honus took a deep sigh and told the kid to keep his hands off of the recruits. But everyone knows that he just said that because Syl was basically his daughter. Samuel understood the orders, and did not ever talk to her again after that. Three months later, on an expedition, Samuel was killed and eaten by a very hungry werewolf, one that also went by the name Marius. Syl never knew the truth, that was, until Honus broke the news to her some time after it all happened.

Honus blade stuck into the beast, and immediatally it emitted a high yelp. The beast went limp, struck in the heart, its dirty head falling onto Honus shoulder. "I'm sorry, Syl. You can rest peacefully now. Go to your parents... go..." Honus collapsed right there, holding the still warm corpse of his beloved in his arms. He hugged the dog close, and paid no mind when it shifted back to its human form, the one he always loved. He wasn't even moving by this point, just laying there on the ground pathetically holding her still heart in his arms.

Sometimes it's hard to understand how terrible the world can be, and how beautiful it is altogether. But the most depressing thing for this world to behold is for Honus to have to lay what was basically his child in the grave. But there was so much beauty in her life. Honus had nothing prior to recounting her, and with her, he had everything. There were so many stories he could talk about when she made him happy, never regret himself, and like to think about life beyond the service. He was inspired by her to buy that farm one day, to grow crops and work hard in the sun. It sounded so appealing to him when she was alive, but the farm's vision seemed to fade in his moment of despair. He had nothing now, nothing but a keep full of idiots and people who couldn't bother to comprehend the pain he was even close to understanding in his heart. He looked down at the knife he used to free Sylvia of her mortal coil, and held it over himself. This would be it for him.

But then it clattered to the ground, in the midst of his tears and his suffering. Syl wouldn't want him to give up, not now and not ever. Even if it was so void of any reason to go on, Syl's voice was right there in his ear, a gentle reminder of the beauty of her life. There were idiots among him, those who would never understand what had just transpired. But even as bad as they all were, Syl would never let him do that to himself. She really was his daughter, but for now, Honus himself was nothing but despair. he was locked in a cage of sadness, the sleepless nights of worried had bloomed into flowers of terror. He was alone, in the midst of an advancing lycna army and the idiotic forces of his fellow Hoods. But all seemed irrelevant to him in the moment. All he wanted was for Syl to be back, but she would never be.

Mid-swing, mid-scream, something pierced Red's chest like a spear and her heartbeat thrummed in her ears... heartbeat? But... that no longer existed, she had no need of a beating heart as a demon. But it rushed in her ears, it drowned out the crackling of the flames. The dog king and his dog soldiers, how she would love to watch them burn. She had business to do- the sword vanished, only her hand followed through, slamming into the ground. Then she was gone. Not even a flash of light- the ash swirled up and consumed her form, then fell away to nothing left behind.

A woman swathed in dark robes appeared at the door to commander Honus's chambers. She didn't knock, didn't open it, just phased through to see the bloody scene. Immediately, the demon crossed the room in two strides, looking down at Honus and Syl's body with molten eyes somehow brimming with tears. She was gone... Sylvia was gone. Never would Red have expected that her life could turn on a dime around one, human soul. The crimson robes, the coal black armor all vanished in a puff of ash, leaving red-skinned Red, horns curled around her face, looking between the corpse and the living. She didn't ask, didn't utter a word. Sylvia are you still there...? She waited a moment. Two. Nothing. She choked back a shuddering sob. "It took her then...? ...Damnit, Sylvia, this is why you... let me help you..." All that repeated in her mind, a simple phrase: I could have stopped this. Red didn't reach to cradle Sylvia, she let her father hold her for a few long moments before finally opening her mouth to speak.

Something fell from her face, steaming as it rolled down her cheeks. A tear? It fell and sizzled against her red skin. For a moment, Red looked genuinely confused, reaching up to wipe her face, but the tears had already burned away. "...Honus, if I may?" She didn't touch the body, fearing any lingering spark of a connection, fearing having to watch that spark flicker out, but it was already gone when she got here. All that was left was to clean up. In an archaic language, she carried out the final rites prayer specific to a great warrior, though with some twists of her own, closing quietly with a cracked voice. "You made me respect humanity again..." She struggled to smile. "You know that, right Aldrich...? Did I ever get to tell you that?" Red reached out to gently put her palm to Syl's chest, calling forth the soul. In the dim light of the tent, it sparkled like a beacon of hope, a pure lotus flower hovering between the demon and the old hood. It was... beautiful... and pure. It was a rare wonder in this gritty world. Red breathed a long sigh, drawing her finger through the thin wisp that held the lotus to its host, a heartbroken smile gracing her lips as she watched it float away and disappear. Honus would've seen that, she made sure. The beautiful soul was visible for a few moments, then the light dimmed and she sat back, a pace off from the two of them.

"...She's resting n-" her voice broke. "...And I found Clarissa... ...they're safe... elsewhere."

Memories flickered along her consciousness. She remembered the curious night at the witch's hut where she first met Syl. A comforting cat, then a talking cat, then they forged their first bond. She healed the girl and gave her strength. She asked no soul in return, just a favor she never got to collect from the girl. She gave her power for free. She broke her own rules. It left her weak, it left her famished. She remained a companion, untrusted but trusting in this little woman. As a guardian in the shadows, and the worst sort of guardian, Red made it her mission for this woman to live a long life, fulfilled. And she failed even that. A conqueror, the end of dynasties, a guardian of one of the great planes of hell, a gate-keeper, deal-maker, judgement-passer, and she failed in protecting one single human. That was the final blow.

Having expended more power than she thought she could call forth in one night, Red's entire form flickered, ash sputtering around her. Her time here was almost done, though really she'd only stayed to watch Syl's footsteps. She had no reason to stay now. She had a plane of hell to look after. And she had a familiar face to guide through the afterlife.

"I told Sylvia she could call on me at any moment she needed and I would be there... and now... I pass that on to you. My name is Raegazel and I am at your service, Honus... I will make sure her soul gets its rest, and your wife's... ...and yours if you should come to join us. I'll let Syl know she has a visitor." Her molten eyes locked on Honus. "Mourn her well..."

Red called back the lotus, cradling it like the precious wonder of the world that it was as her form disappeared. Flecks of ash swirled around them before the light faded once again, Red returning to her domain with the lotus of her favorite warrior. The journey was long and it sapped her power to keep this wisp of light protected. Along the way, she talked about all sorts of things before breaking into tears. Finally, she touched down on the green grass of her home in the afterlife plane, a sliver of hell that guarded the souls of the... morally grey and remarkable. The ones she deemed deserved more than atonement for their sins. An afterlife of relative bliss.

As her feet touched the grass she let go of the soul, letting it expand from the lotus to take the form of possibly her only friend and she locked eyes with Syl's ghostly form, tears filling her molten eyes. "I'm sorry Aldrich... Rest well... this land is yours. Invite any deceased you wish. Your parents, your friends. My gates are open if you wish them to be."

With that, Red drifted off to the house, down the hallways until she came to the balcony overlooking a more grizzly scene. A plane of fire and torture and screaming. Much to her dismay, the mere presence of the tortured souls filled her once again. She slammed her fist down on the banister, cracking the stone as she collapsed to her knees, rattling breaths coming quick. I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I tried and I failed and I'm sorry... ...and this is all I can do, I'm sorry." The demon cried for days.

So she would spend the rest of her days there, too pained to visit the mortal plane, too bitter to do anything but wait for Honus while she watched her pure friend occupy eternity however she'd wished. She tried to make things comfortable... even invited Syl's friends and family on more than one occasion. But was it enough? When she could be standing at Honus's side? When she could be alive. Red would never forget those clear eyes, alight with life. The woman had so much spirit and Red guarded that as best she could... and it wasn't enough in the end...

Last edited:
Soon as the light of dusk began to wane Draven stood before his troop, fully draped in fur black as the abyss decorated with eyes glowing red hot. Ushering them forward through the woods. Their armor glinting a fiery orange and gold in light of the sunset. They would be there within the hour, nay, quarter hour where they stood now. He could smell the pungent mixture of fear and smoke in the air.

This battle was going to be a slaughter and he could not wait. His claws ached for the feel of flesh and warm blood upon them. They would take back what was meant to be THEIRS. Rip the disgusting maggots from this existence entirely. Show wolves reigned supreme over humans. Or to be more exact, the one wolf who was supreme above all else. Himself. Now infused with the power of a demon he was unstoppable and unafraid to lay this entire planet to waste if it did not submit. He was a God now. A GOD! And nothing was going to stand in his way.

“Shields. FORWARD! Runners OUT, Infantrymen and women Full Forward!” He commanded. Pointing a long line of heavily armed wolves baring massive shields to the front. Making them march before all others in the line and provide a wall against any spears and most arrows in the frontal region. The others behind followed suit and brought up far smaller, wooden shields as extra precautions.

As they moved, a small group scattered into the trees. Heading to flank the fortifications from all directions and wait. As well as ensure word had been given to generals of the larger groups that had split off some time back in the wood to get a good wide sweeping flank. He kept the rangers in the back of course and spread heavily armed troops among the infantrymen to cover any weakness within their largest numbers.
JokerValentine JokerValentine Moolock Moolock Blue098 Blue098 Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marius was among the small group that had shattered. Dawning his old old armor. Retrieved from the witch’s house, repaired and repurposed to be lighter and more flexible. Better suiting his role to be in this battled. His fur had taken on a darker shade in recent days and his eyes glowing red. The Alpha’s influence ran deep. Causing the poor wolf to lose all sense of self deep within a pit of nothing but black. He never questioned an order without question, barely needed sleep or provisions or petting things like emotions. He was the perfect soldier.
Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sisceal stood atop one of the inner walls watching for any signs of the beasts approach. Waiting for Honus to reappear...while he needed help the matters the Commander were attending to were much needed. A last bout of strength if you will, hopefully. He needed it though. The priest could sense it. Having a daughter himself...he knew all too well just what pain the poor man must be going through at this time. It killed him inside to see him this distraught as the transformations took hold of her and she was lost completely. He regretted not being able to fully save her...or any of them. It haunted him so, why couldn't he just have...no no. Not now. As the hot sting of a tear streamed down his face he shoved it all back. Forcing all of those old demons back down.

They were coming, they had to be. They hadn’t attacked during the full moon….a concerning rarity indeed. It created a tension in the air you could cut with a knife, but they were prepared none the less.

At this time the priest had dawned his gear for war. Bright, well fitted armor of the purest possible fortified silver. Mainly a large chest piece, pauldrons, gorget and coverings for his arm and leg joints. Bendable but unyielding to the fangs and claws of any wolf. Blending in to his clawed gauntlet and complimenting the rapier at his side. Chain mail provided covering more around his torso, thighs and upper arms for far better mobility.

A delicate silvery helm adorned his head. Interwoven pieces of metal jutting out like wings with sharpened spikes at the ends like mainly serving as a guard from rogue arrows and a few blows from a sword. Along with a few flares of purely aesthetic appeal to it that accentuated his features and add a touch of fierceness. Nothing but the best of the best of Capital grade gear. Of course with thanks to his father for worrying for the safety of his son. For once.

Rocking back and forth Sisceal let out an exasperated sigh. He was exhausted….helping keep moral up, torment from the Commanders and aiding in getting the troops up to full health had done a number on him. But he could not waiver now. Only pull from what strength he had left for what was to come.
JokerValentine JokerValentine Blue098 Blue098 Moolock Moolock

( Malice Queen Malice Queen )

Axeykins Axeykins Blue098 Blue098

There was a saying about the nature of Hoods, their dedication and sacrifice, especially as a commander. They said that the commanding Hoods are willing to sacrifice men, as if their lives were their own. Honus knew what he was up against. There had been exhaustive research done indeed, preparations, letters. The demon that had befriending his late Sylvia, she had given so much intel before she left. Regardless, the commander could not afford to grieve. It had been only a few days since she was in the ground, and her name permanently etched into the wall of those deceased. Honus knew there would be many to add after today.

Honus could see the beasts approaching, and fan out in a spread. He had the advantage of height, and his insomnia proved to pay off as he saw them advance from rather afar. But Red had told him a little, some secret communications through his dreams. These dumb beasts had no idea what they were up against, or so the men liked to assure themselves. The situation was dire, and everyone knew it, but if they were determined they just might survive. It was on the morning of after hearing reports surface about the army's approach that Honus called all into the Keep. He stood upon a table, in the midst of all the troops present. Of course, the other commanders would have loved the opportunity, but this was his keep after all.

The aged commander looked at the crowd with hushed eyes, circumventing the Hoods dressed with their dirty uniforms. Each of them, of course, were marked with an insignia as of the previous night. there would be no new faces among the crowd, as is typical Hood custom, it was a silver glitter-like paint. No dog could dare stand the stench of it after all. There were some fearful, others concerned, but the commander knew what had to be said "You were all given chance to write to your families and loved ones. We used all the paper we have in the Keep, I'm sure," he pointed out of the window, "Out there, those dogs are coming to take this place. We are the last line of defense between any form of this world being safe from the vicious, drooling nature of those dogs. They are not human, and they can only pretend to be such for so long. This isn't going to be an easy fight, gentlemen. There are no cooks, no commanders, no stewards. We are all brothers today, whether we survive or die. Don't let anyone into the castle, let their bodies pile at the door. If they have armor, aim for where it hurts, the fur. Nobody's going home today, perhaps not for the week. Fight with what you can. If you have a weapon, use it until it breaks, then use the broken pieces until there is nothing left. Then rip the bricks from this damn Keep and beat them into submission!"

The commander could only sigh. He knew that the boys before him could only feel intimidated by the masse. They were well equipped, but they were poorly trained. They were not perfect, and they were beatable. Honus had never seen them before, but he had to believe it to be true. The other keeps, although they had fallen, they lacked what it takes to survive: the willingness to kill a beast before it kills you.

"Archers, take the castle walls, and make every arrow count. You know what to aim for. If they tortoise-shell, that makes them slow and vulnerable. Hurl what you can at them, crush them. Use our quickness to our advantage. Everyone else, use your weapon, and anything you can use. Chefs, use your knives, stewards the candelabras. At all costs, defend your lives and this Keep. Tonson, Sisceal, take what able-bodied men you can to defend the roof from any boarding parties. The walls are secure, but not forever. May the Goods shine down on you all."

With that, Honus took his leave to the roof, alone. He could only look down on the approaching force with the sternest anxiety. Would it end well? Nobody could know, but either way, he would be free. He would have to find something to fight for, whether it was Rhykad, or Syl, he had to have something in him. If all else failed, the work the troops put in to preparations would be of use. Not to mention Honus had a final part up his sleeve, one that would be his last resort. He hoped that it would not come to it.

Tonson nodded at Honus' orders and was now upon the roof looking down at all the wolves slowly coming in towards their last line of defense. Tonson looked to Sisceal, and sighed a bit. "Protect me for a few moments...I'll be back." He spoke out to him while walking a bit away and sitting down to speak to the demons. Soon he was back in the room where he first met them. Though this time they were no longer blades but looked to be human. Well as much as you can when you have black and white auras surrounding you. Exile and Forgotten would walk to him, as Tonson greeted them with a smile and wave.

"See where you stand my champion, feel my power rush through your veins at the final battle comes near. I sense yet another demon within the enemy's ranks, and if we are to go forth with our plan...we need to take them out." Exile spoke out to Tonson as if he truly cared for him. "I will give you my all, if you give me yours...to be in true synergy with each other." He added on. Tonson listened to his words and smiled, "Of course, I have complete trust in you and will only give you my all..." He replied back while tendrils began to surround and pierce his skin. They were weaving in and out of his flesh, bringing him intense pain, but at the same time more power. Soon enough what looked to be a shape of armor was formed. It was completely made of chitin and tendril, though was stronger then most common metals used for armor. It was light and extremely flexible to move in as well. His blades would also soon shift and change as well, being much longer and curve outward. A red and black mist would surround him now as well as his own life energy was being used to sustain him. Though soon what looked to be a white aura could also be seen surrounding the edge of the blades. This was Forgotten enhancing them to be sharper then ever, and allow him to cut through most wolves with ease.

Tonson began to pant from the pain but looked around at where he was now. He was alone within the room...no he was one being with them now. They all shared one mind...one goal. The power he also felt was almost unimaginable. Closing his fist, he would blink and be back in the mortal realm again and back upon the roof.

Axeykins Axeykins JokerValentine JokerValentine

Last edited:
Sisceal cleared his throat and sounded off soon after the commander had spoken to the troops. He was scared beyond all belief but his voice remained powerful and bold. “May your spirits be as strong as the steel of your blades and unwavering as the mountains! Today we fight for more than the safety of this small keep. We fight for this land and peace for all who inhabit it! To extinguish the enraged beasts and protect those who cannot defend themselves against them! May the blessing of the Gods be ever at your side my fellow soldiers and guide you to victory!” He raised his sword to salute Honus. Showing he meant not to outdo him but hoped to aid in lifting the spirits of his men.

“May the Gods shine down upon you as well Honus and bring you to the light.” He uttered softly, giving an extra prayer and protective incantation for the commander. Of all of them he was in the most need of it. He then turned to usher a small group of men to follow Tonson and him to the rooftops.

When Tonson sat down he motioned the troops to go ahead of them and take position. “Er…Okay, but try not to take too long. We need all of the manpower we can get for as long as we can get.” He readied his hand on his blade and stood defensively in front of the young man as he prepared. Watching concerned from the corner of his eye as he panted in pain and some sort of….armor? Wove itself into him. It was painful to watch. Couple that with how long it felt like it was taking and the wolves finally coming into full view, Sisceal broke his protective stance to turn and fully check on him.

“Tonson? How much longer his this going to take? Do you need assistance?” Before another word could escape his lips an arrow sailed through the air. Lodging itself straight into the temple area of his helmet, knocking his head sharply to the side. The man stumbled forward to his knees, letting out a cry of shock and pain. Thank the god’s it didn’t do much more than scrape the side of his head.

"MAN HIT! THEY BEGIN THEIR ASSAULT WITH THEIR ARCHERS COMMANDER! WHAT ARE YOUR ORDERS!?" A soldier on the roof shouted down to the others as he watched the priest fall.
Blue098 Blue098 JokerValentine JokerValentine

After Marius had left her alone with what she deemed the crazed healers, Ackara did let herself recover. She'd trained for the rest of the time, growing far stronger than before. Charlie and Annabeth forgave her for the time being, and she had to leave them with another to fight.

Unlike her comrade Marius, she still retained her emotions and rational thought. Unlike the other wolves, she was fighting for another reason. Marius had been sucked away from her by the Alpha, and she was going to yank him right back. So when they split, she was close by his side and ready to fight.
Axeykins Axeykins

Blue098 Blue098 Axeykins Axeykins Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

It was already pandemonium on the field, but as long as they held their ground and showed their strength by their heart they could perhaps survive. But of course, men around him were already falling. They were getting close, but their accuracy was rather poor, or so he hoped. When he heard voices from above shouting, Honus became worried, but knew that he had to respond to it. They were within range, so it was time to fire back. Honus went up to the bannister and hollered back, "Take shelter behind the walls and load the arrows. Then, on your signal, blot the sun out and make the arrows rain!" He announced it as if the fool should have known what to do by this point, but alas they didn't. Everyone was just a fool by this point and all of this could not be over soon enough.

But they weren't yet close enough. From what he could tell, and as unsure of it all, he could feel they needed to come closer. Of course, they had the luxury of being protected in a palisade of sorts. How long that could last, however, was up to them.

Tonson would see Sisceal get hit in the head practically run to his side. "Sisceal! My love are you alright?" He asked him while pulling him up to his feet and holding him. Walking him to cover a volley of arrows would fall upon them. What would have been a quick death was now nothing as multiple tendrils came out of his body and blocked the arrows.

He would pass Sisceal to multiple soldiers. "Please take good care of him." He spoke out happily to the soldiers. Turning around towards archers shooting at them. He would block multiple arrows heading towards him as he looked down at them with blood lust in his eyes.

"I'm fine I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He patted Tonson on the shoulder as he was led away. Momentarily dazed by the blow to his head. With some twisting and a solid yank he removed the arrow from his helm. A small trickle of blood flowing down his forehead and cheek from further digging into his own wound.

As Tonson left he turned to the soldiers he was left with. "Let's make this clear. don't need your care okay? I will be fine on my own." He pushed them out of the way as he headed to a section of roof more safely past the range of the arrows. He could have sworn he saw the trees rustle unnaturally. Quietly as possible he signaled for backup.

It was a good call as piercing golden eyes burned from the darkness as a man dressed in a Hoods uniform lept out at him. Followed by at least 6 others. The Hoods stood their ground defiantly as the wolves charged them. Well prepared for this bout. Oddly except for Sisceal, he was frozen in place as an all too familiar face and supposed to be dead face was right before him.
"No. Witnesses." Marius growled. Pointing his blade towards Sisceal briefly. He then launched himself at the dumbstruck priest. Pinning him quickly. If they were to infiltrate this base they couldn't have anyone this close to the entry point. Their death would be swift and silent, then their destruction from within could begin properly.

It took hitting the ground to snap him out of it. Damn it all. As much as it pained him, it was his duty. Friend...or rather more...once upon a time or not he was a beast now. There was no turning back in this it was do or die.
"I'm sorry Marius." He whispered softly in his ear as he jabbed the ends of his silver claws into the edges of his armor. Digging through to the flesh below whilst locking him in place. Marius's eyes widened as he wriggled and writhed. Struggling to get away as Sisceal got back up to his feet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shields forward and spears outward! Create a hole for us!" Draven barked as he made his way up to the front of the line. "Special tactics forces here. You know what to do." He sneered. Sending a group forward with explosive materials in tow and fiery cocktails in tow. Grabbing torches from small supply carriers tucked within the wall of shields. They ran directly towards the walls and gates. Their only task being dying for the sake of their cause at the snap of the Alpha's fingers.

While his men and women bore down on the fortress full strength. Draven let his presence be fully known. Ushering forth a deafening howl and letting a shadowy mist spread quickly towards the walls. Choking and blinding whomever was in it's path. Whether it be friend or foe and allowing him cover as he aimed towards the commanders of this garrison first and foremost.
JokerValentine JokerValentine Blue098 Blue098

Blue098 Blue098 Axeykins Axeykins Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

They were close now, very close indeed. Honus could hear the audible howl, as well as the scuffling of men on the roof. The twang of arrows became loud as the men tried their best to rain death from above. With the men under attack, and the troops approaching, it now seemed that the time had come. Honus had gotten one last wish before Red departed, the odd being that he had never known much about. It was all a simple oddity, how she had given some information on what she had seen in the form of a private letter. But he knew now that it was time, with the beasts upon them, pretending to be trained in the arts they knew nothing about. "This one's for Syl," he said in his head, rushing down to the basement. There, he slipped into the abandoned compartments that once housed mead and meat, but now were housed with what Raegazel had instructed him to do: the oil.

With a quick flash of tinder, Honus lit the charges as he heard the treat of boots from above. The fuse dwindled quick, giving the commander the time he needed to exit. As he left, he could hear the voices from above, the doggish voices of commander wannabes and failures. They would seemingly have no idea about what was to come. Rushing from the cellar, the male shut the door behind him, hoping nobody had been trapped. "Get back!" Honus shouted, knowing at least some of the men had an idea, while the others were but unaware. But now the crowd grew louder, and louder. Honus gazed out into the approachign armies, their columns fine and their spears drawn. It was rather intimidating. "Archers, Draw!" Honus shouted, hoping they were listening. He could only time it so well. "Archers, fi-"

There was a loud explosion from underground, and the earth trembled. A plume of flames rose up like a real Phoenix among the approaching army, engulfing them seemingly. Of course, if they were to be carrying flames of their own it would be even more terrifying and intense. But those that could survive this blast were now the prey of the archers. The blast, however, had consequences. Debris had hit the castle hard, bricks and flames igniting the banners. Bricks fell inwards, knocking a few on the head and back. It definitely could have been lethal, if they were not wearing helmets. Honus immediately raced upstairs to get a better view, to see the damage, but then he saw what was up there awaiting him.

This one's for Syl. The faint thought reached her and lit in her husk of a form a small spark. She looked over to Syl's drifting soul form and flashed a pained smile. "I'll be right back... Honus was calling for you." With that she opened herself up and drank in a storm of energy, then vanished away to the mortal plane.

"Love what you've done with the place, Honus dear."

A swirl of ashes materializes on the roof of the castle, leather-booted shoe stepping out. Red's entire form followed shortly thereafter, crimson hair flowing down to her waist in a thick whip-like braid, leather binding the end. Molten eyes lighting her face, coal-black armor, and a pointed-toothed grin, the demon stepped down onto the castle stone, her steps leaving singe marks on the stone. Only Honus could see her for now. Red lowered a long pipe from her lips, the smoke coming out through her nose in the shape of a wolf skull. "Absolutely marvelous lighting. I see you took my advice." She steps to peer over the edge of the castle wall at the burning battlefield. "Looks like it's going along well? Want me to stay around for cleanup?- also Sylvia dearest says hello." She reflects to him the same pained smile- they both held her dear... to Honus, she was a daughter, to Red she was an anchor- still is. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, yeah?

Red came up behind Honus to place a hand on his shoulder, taking another long breath from her pipe, which upon closer inspection looks to be carved of bone. Of course. Seeing the foe before him, she closed her eyes and sent a warm surge of energy into Honus, a demonic blessing of sorts and one that would vanish soon. "Let's finish this all tonight."

As the explosions came through, and Tonson watched all of it, his bloodlust began to finally kick in. Though he heard fighting behind him. Charging through, he murdered any who even dared stood him his path to find Sisceal. As he fought the men something pumped in his chest, and made him smile.

Yes this was the feeling he missed, the one Exile wanted for so long. This power, this thrill, this chaos...he lived for all of it. Tonson felt he was protecting his beloved by his actions, creating a new and peaceful world. While Forgotten saw himself being the justice that brought these beings to order. All three had a motive to kill these beasts and worked in unison

"What the Hell?!" Sisceal was caught completely off guard by the massive explosion. It took out a big chunk of the fortress, wolves and even some of their own. Was it the wolves? One of their more covert plans? No matter the case flaming debris rained from above. Taking out several of the wolves around them and their own men.
The priest blasted Marius back with a slight flame of his own...well...more of a very gentle push. It did little more than warm up the front of the beast's armor.
"That's it? What's the matter witch, having troubles?!" Marius cackled. Cracking his joints and motioned the group he had been put in charge of forward. While circling around the man himself. Covering as they attempted to integrate into the ranks of the Hoods and eliminate them from within. Causing an uproar as in the midst of it all as the men panicked. Forgetting to check for the insignias on their helms and senselessly attacking
"Dammit" He glowered. Drawing his rapier and charging. Using it expertly to move the beasts directly into a path to be struck by either his own gauntlet or to the blades of the other hoods. "Aaargh! No! Get away from me!" He hissed as they quickly overwhelmed him. Forcing him to watch helplessly as countless men died under his watch. His heart beat painfully in his chest as his icy blue eye flashed brightly as he was pinned under a mass of frenzied attacking bodies. A bloody red mist swirled around the group on top of him...from the bodies no less. Slowing them down as they blackened, shriveled and shrank into almost mummified looking husks indiscriminately.
"Get back! Off deeper into the fortress! Tell the Alpha we need backup." Marius immediately called to his troops as the horrifying sight unfolded. This was going to be more of a challenge then first thought. Just what else did they have up their sleeves!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The explosion took out a good chunk of his shield bearers. Fire they could withstand. Things like this? Definitely not. There was only so much that could be done when it came to explosions. "Keep pressing forward! Gather as many under the shields as you can and push through the line of archers now! Those remaining go after what men they have out here. I will seek out and aid in eliminating their more top tier fighters. Once they are gone the rest will fall easily!" Draven roared as he pushed his way into the fortress. Knocking away arrows as if they were little more than gnats buzzing around his face.
JokerValentine JokerValentine Blue098 Blue098 Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Axeykins Axeykins Blue098 Blue098 Moolock Moolock

And now the traitor was before his very eyes. Marius, the son he spared from death out of the semblance that maybe he was still in there. But now he was gorging on his men. The rumors now seemed to be so true, that he had broken that promise. Of course, Honus did not think much of it, as all dogs break such a promise once they lose their minds in their beast-like forms. However, Marius had killed some of his own, injuring those that could barely fend them off. However, it seems that they were now immune to silver, as Honus had been sure to test each and every men before the commencement of the battle for any trace of silver, as Red had advised. Regardless, Honus had held on his shame for too long, and seeing that his son was truly lost he had to do what he had to.

Honus charged at the younger male, grabbing what he thought was his shirt collar. He tugged hard on it, as if to choke him. "You traitor! You stain on your namesake! You fucking dog!" Honus shouted in a brunt of anger, pulling him with what strength snger could provide towards the edge of the castle, towards the approaching sound of warfare. The male decided to make it a bit easier, and with his free hand, drew his blade, and attempted to plunge it into him.But seeing the chaos below, as it appeared that the blast had done considerable damage but barely deterred the cuase of the dogs, called for dire circumstances. "What are you waiting for!" he shouted in his mind, trying to push the life mass over the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back