• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Red Hood Society

Axeykins

Humanoid Typhoon

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Not us

We are the ones standing against that which goes bump in the night with fire in our souls.

Centuries old, our society of warriors and hunters span the globe. Courageous and fierce, we will not rest until this blight of monsters plaguing the world has been permanently eliminated and humanity can rest easy once and for all.

We will send them all back to the pits of the inferno they crawled out of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Plot summary!: Called the Red Hoods Society, this group of hunters come from all walks of life around the globe! They go up against all manners of beasts and demons to protect humanity. Their main enemy being werewolves and other were-creatures as they are currently the most numerous monsters in the world.]

Be careful at night! And remember, the enemy often hunts in packs.

If you are a beast or other type of monster, be warned. Your enemy is extremely well prepared and trained to take you on.

7587725c6530d7604cafc8cded0ab165.jpg

Da Rulez:

( these are also up for editing if needed and I'll make sure to tell you all if they have been! )

Last edited:
Claws dug into the cold, damp earth as Marius bolted through the forest as fast as his legs would carry him. The blood pounding loudly in his ears as his heart threatened to beat through his chest if his lungs did not burn through it first. Minor nuisances compared to the pain in his stomach. He hadn't eaten in a long time and it was beginning to show. His face had grown gaunt and clothing now hung off of him loosely. Damn humans, damn Red Hoods particularly. Relentless in their pursuits and determination to chase his kind off of the tiniest bit of what they claimed to own. To either kill or starve them all. The pests best cling to it as best as they can with their disgusting greedy mitts.

So close now, he could practically taste the blood of his target. One small morsel is all he needed...rabbit, deer or in this case. Horse. No matter the risk he needed anything to make it through the next few days. Once his strength returned he could begin the search for what was left of his pack and if needed, an entirely new one. Rebuild from the ground up once more if he had to and exact his revenge. Make them all pay for....for...for taking it all away. Leaving him alone and dying in the woods with nothing but a pathetic scrap of hope to cling onto.

He was nearing the heels of the massive beast now. It was beginning to slow from overexertion. The smell of it's sweat and sound of panicked whinnies making him drool. Soon, soon he would take the chance and pounce. Sink his teeth in deeply and take them down.

As he slowly walked through the forest Rykad leaned down and ran his hand through the dirt before bringing it up to his nose to smell it. It was as one expected earthly and almost a fresh scent... wait there it was a smell that shouldn't belong. He sniffed again before looking up then to the left. With an arrow notched he got up and continued his slow walk now changing direction to the left slightly. He was close he knew it the air was warmer and as he scanned the trees he could just make out bits of fur on the trunks. This is what he lived for, the hunt the feeling that one day he could of hand in destroying the single biggest threat to the human race. He saw it through the trees and he flattened himself against the closest tree that gave him line of sight. He brought up his bow and leveled it the creature before him. An ugly thing with earth brown fur and bigger then a real wolf, thats a thing that surprised Rykad was the size of these things.

For you father he thought before he released the arrow sending it flying towards his target. He quickly notched and fired a second arrow- with theses beast speed was key- he heard both of the arrows hit there mark and his target go down. Rykad wrapped his bow around his shoulder and pulled out a dagger that had a re-curve blade and a bone handle, his fathers, and ran up to the beast. When he got there a wolf no longer present in its place was a woman with his arrows in her chest and gasping for air. With no hesitation he knelt down and slit the woman's throat before looking around to make sure there were no others. He noticed that there was some of her fur on the ground and he picked it up and tied it to his belt which was almost full of fur.

Case in point indeed. Honus, while perhaps he had lost some people along the way, never once bared them in his mind. Grief distracts the true needs of a man, so he believes, as it clouds judgments, gets people killed in the long run. Sure, it may motivate you, but it in part defines you and weakens you. But grief is an arrow in itself, as it either hits or misses. The hunter perhaps was lucky that each arrow had missed its mark.

Honus, on patrol with some of the others, chased behind the rather ambitious Rhykad. It seemed that he had some motivation, some grief that urged him forward. The male followed behind as close as he could, watching the entire scene, the shoot, the kill, the mercy, the trophy. It was only then when the male strode forth to the fellow hunter. He examined the kill, thinking not much of it, as much as he could at least. The way the blood pooled around nearly seemed to make the death look peaceful, as if she were taking a bath. But that was not the case. And it was dead, thankfully. This world was not made for dogs like those.

"Good kill," he said, "but it's unusual to see them run away, no? What happened to their pride?"

@Bmikeization

Last edited by a moderator:
Joining a group, the witch was starting to question her decision on assisting them. This group didn't seem as experienced as who she normally worked with, especially the two who ran off. But seeing as how nothing much was going on where she was, Harken decided to follow. Leaving a few seconds after the two men ran off into the trees, she caught up to them in time to catch Honus' comment. "Well, maybe they run because they've lost they're pride," The witch commented. Her accent fully heard, which was a bit posh as some would say. Others would say cocky. "Say, why do you collect their hair? I know that trophies are important to you hunters, but surely there's something a bit more sanitary you could take from the poor sods." @Bmikeization @JokerValentine

"Pride has nothing to do with it." Rykad said with disdain on his voice "They're just animals the lot of them." he nodded up at the forest in a general acknowledgement of their presence. He wiped his dagger off on his leg before sheathing it. Although he would of liked to hunt alone but he knew it was to dangerous even for the most skilled of Hoods. "Bacause the fur is personal its a part of them that stays after it falls even after the change. Teeth and bone do so keeping those dont matter as much. If you get into an up close and personal fight with with one the fur hurts them gets them angry. Anger lets them make small mistakes we can take advantage of. Thats what my father would say. This one was scared and separated from a bigger pack she reeks of others." Rykad looked over at Honus "What should out course of action be now?" @JokerValentine @FireMaiden

@FireMaiden @Bmikeization

Honus thought for a moment, looking to the witch. If anything, witches such as her controlled this whole war. No side could win without them. Some liked the dogs, thought they'd make cute pets. Others felt that humanity was the side to support, as they were more relative to them. 

"Harken, you know a flame spell of some sort? Rhykad, look for some wood. We need to burn the body. The dogs are rabid at the smell at the one of their own. The sooner we burn it, the better," he said, hoping they'd listen to his advice.

Without looking at the creature, Honus' thoughs began to wander. Once upon a time, her name was probably something nice. Miranda, Estelle, Renova. Renova sounded nice. Maybe she was once one of us, but she wandered out one night all alone. She got bitten, infected, corrupted. She lost her mind, lost her civility, forgot everything about herself. All she was now was everything but herself. And for that, she lost her life. For if she were to live, she would give the same fate to others such as this trio.

"Pride or no pride, we'd best get home before sundown. I'll keep lookout."

Harken lightly scoffed, "Of course I do, I know many. What novice do you take me for my dear Honus?" She asked with a light chuckle, raising her hand. In her palm a small flame, but it was gone when she closed her hand. With that, she looked at the other man, whoes name she always got wrong. Ryan? No....Rkayn? No,that wasn't right either. Oh! Rykad! That's it. "Well, you carry on with that then. But do listen to Honus here, burning the body would be a wise choice. I don't wish to get caught out here surrounded by dogs, though I have need doubt we could handle ourselves." @JokerValentine @Bmikeization

He could wait no longer. Powerful haunches propelling him forward, Marius attacked. The horse whinnied loudly as dagger like fangs sunk into it's hindquarters. Eyes clenched shut tightly as his body was whipped around, tossed to the ground and a hoof found it's way to his face. Fairly minor injuries, nothing that felt fatal as far as he could tell.

The rider screamed bloody murder as the beast bucked them off. Finally, while not his first choice by any means this human would be enough. A small morsel to satisfy for the time being and far easier for a lone wolf to take down on their own.

"St-stay back foul beast! I'm warning you!" They cried out. Small dagger in hand as their only means of defense against the wolven creature. It was utterly futile. Piercing golden eyes set in a freakish face of very wolf and oddly human feature freezing them in fear.

Steadying himself carefully as the world spun from the kick to the head he lunged at his prey. Biting through many layers of cloth until the warmth of fresh blood hit his lips. Disgusting, but satisfying none the less. He tore through the fabric like it nothing more than a paper wrapping to his feast.

@Bmikeization @Axeykins @FireMaiden

As the trio sat alone in the forest, a new sound sprung up into the forest air. A whinnying horse, followed by the shout of a man. It was distant, but it was loud. They were close, and anyone caught in their path would soon fall.

"Is that one of ours?" Honus asked, thinking if one of the Guard fell dead. 

Death was simply a fact of life by this point. But the screams, the sound of horses... the guard rarely had horses. And they were used for hauling supplies, not riding out like cavalry. The man was as good as dead. Those were not the screams of the distressed, they were the wails of the doomed. 

And Honus feared the prospect of death, or worse, becoming one of them. The screams echoing in the forest reminded him that he was alive, and not a dog. 

"Harken... I hate to bring this up, but have you heard any news about the witches joining the dog's cause? It must be hard for you, knowing witches fight witches."

He was still learning so Rykad didn't ask questions as he walked around and gathered up various sticks and bigger fallen branches and laid them around the body. As he was doing this him and his companions heard the whinnying and the shout of a man. Rykad immediately shot up and notched an arrow as Honus spoke "I dont think so I didn't hear of any other groups out." he started to walk in the direction of the scream before looking back at his allies "Should we give chase we could help them." Rykad looked back out into the woods trying to see if he could find anything in between the trees any sign of life. "If they ally themselves with those vermin then the world has no use for them. He had no idea why a witch would side with the dogs he thought they were smarter then that, Well most of them anyway. @JokerValentine @FireMaiden @Axeykins

"Witches fighting other witches for different causes is not something new. It would only pain me if it were a friend. But yes, I have. Though I have not met one who has," Harken said, glancing up at the slightly taller man. Though it did sadden her a little. Yes, she knew that not all werewolves were monsters that deserved to slaughtered, she did however wish to live even longer than she already had. Life was full of opportunities, and if those once close to her couldn't live out their lives, she'd live it for them. Maybe that's why the warrior witch sided with the hunters, to save herself., so she-. Rykad spoke up, pulling her from her thoughts. "We could, but I wouldn't count on saving the poor man. By the sound of it, he only has a few seconds left if any. Besides, he's most likely not one of your people, and though I would like to help, we have a body to burn." @JokerValentine @Bmikeization

@JokerValentine @FireMaiden @Axeykins

Honus sided with the witch on this one. The man was dying, dead within a second. And if the beast was not hungry, he would be turned, become one more body to burn at the end of the day.

"I knew a guy who thought the dogs were peaceful. He went out once in the forest, determined to show us that they're not all bad. He came back, actually, and if he was still himself it would've ended the war. But he had been turned. We caught him trying to open the gates, but we put an arrow in his head. The attack was thwarted."

Honus tried his best to figure a way to relate the story back to the current situation.

"There's a fine line between doing what's easiest and doing what needs to be done. I'm glad you're with us."

"You know whats easy, burning them all making sure that they can never come back." he said before putting the arrow back in his quiver and rejoining his companions and getting back to laying the sticks around the body. As he did this his mind wandered back to when he had a family the days when his mom would be cooking inside him and his brother fishing. Fishing how he missed it he hadnt been since the incident. Funny how even in his own thoughts he couldnt bring himself to recall exactly what happened."Alright those are all the lose sticks i could find that should be enough right?" Rykad didnt really care if it was up to him he would of just left the body there to rot in the night till it was mauled by animals or other werewolves. Thats all their kind deserved he felt like this was all to much ceremony.

"Easy or not, that's not the point. Many witches would side with the dogs in order to escape the prejudice that many of us face. Not everyone is as accepting of us as you Hoods are, but even so, not all of you guys are accepting of us either," Harken said. "And yes, Rykad, this is good enough." With that, Harken muttered a few words that would make no sense to the two men, meaningless mumbo jumbo. Well, that was until the body darted to burn. The heat and the popping were first, before the blazing flames started to dance on the body and the wood. "Well, that's done. What now?"

@JokerValentine @Bmikeization

@Bmikeization @FireMaiden

As the body was now burning, the trio should probably get going. It was a certain danger to be stationed in a single spot for too long. The dogs had a keen sense of smell, and if they were at all interested in the source of the fire, they'd track the source of it. Of course, the burning of the body ensured many things; it was dead, and the stench wouldn't attract every dog in a 40 mile radius. Come to think of it, dogs hated fires, thought of them mostly as human structures that boded danger. It was best to avoid them.

"We should head back to camp. Before the stupid and curious dogs venture to sniff the fire. I think we've done enough," he suggested.

With the body burning Rykad stared into the flames letting his mind wonder. He wondered what he would do when this was over and even if this would all be over in his lifetime. He found himself running his had through the fur on his belt. It had a very none distinct feel to it not human hair and not quite animal it was something in between. And the smell, he had to force himself not to visibly gag from it. Rykad had never smelled burning flesh this close to it before and he figured this is how they all smelled. He felt like he was watching someones funeral, just as that thought was passing through his mind Honus spoke "Right I dont want to get caught in an ambush, I never got why they dont like fire so much fire is peaceful and cleansing almost makes this one look human again."

@JokerValentine @FireMaiden

Honus stopped for a moment, finding himself interested in Rykad's words. He thought for a moment about fire. "Because you're learning," he said, "all I can say is that never assume things to be entirely accurate. Do the dogs hate fire? Usually. But I think it's a fear of being burned that scares most dogs. Some of them think fire means food, defenseless people abandoned on the side of the road for example. other times, fire means death. That's all I can really say,"

The male made his way Southwards, back towards the campground. It was usually dangerous to be above the settlement, but they were on the prowl to eliminate the lycans. It was just a routine march, go up, do damage, go back, and repeat. They did their part.

But Honus noted in his mind how raw the guy was. The witch had her share of experience. she probably had a smell spell to avoid the atrocious stench of flaming garbage mixed in with foul eggs. Sometimes Honus found himself holding it in, but not today. The smell seemed benign to him. But Rhykad had some more to learn, to experience, perhaps to lose.

Rykad nodded in response to what Honus said, maybe he was right. He started to follow Honus back to the camp, back to a safer place then out here nowadays these were the beast woods and no human was safe. He hoped that one day his actions would of had a hand in changing that and allow for the safe expansion of this great kingdom. Even through Rykad enjoyed being outside of the city walls being out here in the forest without smelling cooking food from a house or hearing the occasional sound of a father cutting wood for his family. The woods now almost seemed lifeless like nothing belonged except the wolves.

As much as his body urged him to, Marius was careful to not over gorge on the flesh of this human. Filling up too much was nothing more than  begging to become over bloated and a death sentence. Not to mention it was Making him feel sick anyways.

Making sure the human was good and dead he dragged it off of the road for the ravens. Better use for it than making a new wolf of a meal. He had no time or patience to deal with that and no desire to anyhow.

Picking himself up onto two legs once more and adjusting his pauldrons and battered leather chest plate over a ratty shirt, the last remnants of when he was human kept for Gods' know what reason. Sentiment and comfort perhaps? Longing for those memories back? Brushing the thoughts off he set out into the woods again in search of a place to stay. Cave, deep brush, cabin abandoned or not it didn't matter. Warmth and hopefully sleep were the next goals.

The smell of smoke caught his attention. There was something peculiar about it. It certainly was not twigs and branches being burned. Surely there were not fools trying to camp out here, nobody dared do that anymore. It was curious enough to warrant an investigation though in his mind. And perhaps a worthwhile venture as well. An abandoned pit to seek refuge at. Turning heel he rushed in the direction of the smoke.

@JokerValentine@Bmikeization@FireMaiden

Tom

Tom gasped as he pulled himself out of the depths of limbo, barfing blood onto the dirty forest floor. He panted, groaning as he got his britches. "What . . . What on earth-Where am I?" He asked, raking his hand through his dark jet black hair. His eyes fixed, configuring to the light around them as he saw trees, dirt, ground. He was . . . In a forest? "Impossible." He muttered, "That would mean I'm back in the Mortal Realm. I can't be back in the Mortal Realm I was banished for 5 centur-" He stopped, smiling. "No way . . . Has it been 5 centuries already?" He looked up, seeing the moon as he laughed, "Yes! I'm back!" His voice echoed through the forest like a speaker. He felt his back being touched, and he turned. It was a pack of wolves. They jumped, but before they could get any closer, large spikes of darkness ran from the ground, stabbing them through the abdomen. He kneeled down, lickign their blood.

Harken followed the men silently, watching their backs as they were walking in front of her. She was a bit shorter than both of them, having to lol up to see their faces when she spoke directly with them. The moon was starting to rise, this a warning they should hurry. But her attention was pulled away from getting back to camp by two things. Sprinting footsteps not to far from them, which sounded like a pretty heavy animal. And distant celebratory shout. "Somethings off, be in your guard," the witch said, like a warning. @JokerValentine @Bmikeization

Mentioned: @Mori-Jin @Axeykins

Honus knew in his heart that they should've gotten out of that situation quicker. The footsteps were undoubtedly lycan. Nothing else was that heavy. Well, maybe an elephant, but this wasn't Africa. I think so at least. The male took out his bow in an instant, and help up his hand. "Stop and be silent," he said, not wanting to alert anything that's in the area. A lycan was on the prowl. Thankfully, they had numbers. Something seemed to be moving towards the smoke. Certainly a lycan trying to scent out the recent death. It probably would eat it. Or feel grief. Or both. That's how it usually works. For a moment, Honus wasn't sure what to do. They had their orders, but they had their sanity. Would they go after the beast? Or would they head back? Surely the other obnoxious sound boded further danger.

@FireMaiden @Axeykins @Bmikeization

Tom

Tom stopped his meal of the pack of wolves he'd just murdered in cold blood, sniffing the air as he chuckled to himself. "I smell a human." he spoke in almost a chanting sound. He stood up slowly, and the black mist around him swallowed the wolves, eating and absorbing him. This man, the Demonic Entity, his name is Mikato, Tom, either or. But he's best known, as Lucifer, the Demonic Sin of Greed. Banished from the Realms to Limbo due to all of the lives he'd taken, with his beast, Greed. A large black mist that absorbed anything it ate. Making him stronger. Lucifer, or Tom, laughed. He reached beside him, grabbing the dark Katana beside him. "Now let's go on a hunt!" He yelled, running forward.
@FireMaiden

Users who are viewing this thread

Back