• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Red Hood Society

The three Hoods and company would finally walk through the gates of the keep, Sisceal just barely on the horse, Tonson leading the mount, and Sylvia staying in the back of the group. The journey was awkward and silent considering it was just her and Tonson.

A few soldiers came towards them, most of their attention drawn to Sisceal's dire condition. They would get him off the horse and into a bed so he could rest and recuperate. There was no doubt in Syl's mind that Tonson would rush to his side. Pathetic. Sylvia would brush off any help that was offered, she didn't want anyone to look at the wound...if they were to find out it was a bite...

The female commander would shake her head and head for a private place to tend to her wounds properly. Alcohol, gauze, and bandages would do nicely. With Sisceal indisposed she would rely on her natural healing and small knowledge of medicine to patch herself up.

Once in private she would remove her shirt, wincing as the fabric pries itself wetly from her fresh wound. The cork from the bottle would make an audible pop as it was removed, Syl gritting her teeth as she thought about the pain that was going to come soon.

It stung like hell, the muscles and tendons in her neck straining as she strives to muffle her shriek of pain between bared and clenched teeth.

Axeykins Axeykins Blue098 Blue098 JokerValentine JokerValentine Moolock Moolock

Red's raven comes to settle just outside where Syl has taken her privacy, peeking in with worry in its bead-like eyes. The form flutters inside and shifts into a cat like when they'd first met, padding over to the hood. Would you like me to help? Nothing but honesty in its eyes. A paw reaches out to touch Sylvia's calf and a warmth would extend to the hood, calming the pain to the extent the being can. But this was no cure, this was demon arts. She was no medical being, just one of transferring and transforming and in that warmth, Red took a chunk of that pain onto herself, in her small cat form shuddering as she swayed on her paws. She shook her head, ears back, eyes closed. She could feel where it hurt Syl.

Malice Queen Malice Queen

Tonson would be by Sisceal's side, not letting anyone near him unless it was to help him in some sort of way. He held onto his hand continuing to give him a soothing feeling, though it was at the cost of his own power that he had recently gained from killing the wolves. After some time, he would look down and blush a bit, he couldn't understand why his heart was pumping so fast at this moment. Taking his free hand he would bring it to Sisceal's white hair and began to play with it. His hair felt soft and his fingers seemingly past through with ease.

"Don't worry my love, I'll take care of you..." Tonson whispered while smiling. As he went to get a cloth and cold water he would end up spilling some on himself sending a shiver down his spine.
"I hope he didn't see that..." He mumbled to himself while he sat back down next to him and placed a cold wet cloth on his forehead.

Axeykins Axeykins

Sisceal's eyes cracked open briefly. He heard a voice and could feel someone touching him, but couldn't tell who exactly. All he could tell was that it felt so comforting and warm. It greatly put him at ease.
Letting out a sweet sigh the priest tilted his head in closer to whoever was touching him. A soft smile forming on his pale face. It only grew wider when he felt a coolness on his burning forehead. He wished he could have said thank you to whomever it was but unfortunately in his state it came out as a slight groan.
Blue098 Blue098

"Save your energy my love...just focus on resting for now." He whispered would he began to cool his body with a second cloth he drenched in cold water. Slowly and gently moving it across as to not surprise him.

As Tonson saw him smile, he couldn't help but feel his heart race more. Tonson's very mood even brightened as he continued to take care of the priest. He didn't care what Honus would say, or even punish him with at this point. He was just happy to be by the priest's side, the man he loves.

Axeykins Axeykins

Sylvia's body was shaking woth pain until Red approached and calmed her mind and eased her pain. "N-Nh...Thank you..." she would say as she clenched her fist tightly to steady her han. It was time tk bandage herself now. "Where's Honus...?" she asked with fear and concern in her voice; concern for his safety and fearful should he find her bitten.
((sorry it's short))
Moolock Moolock

The waves of pain passed, her shoulders relaxed as she let out a long sigh. "Don't mention it... ...I just want to see to it that you're well... as for Honus, he's occupied- and safe. You don't have to worry about him coming in here soon," her cat form muttered, hopping up onto a nearby chair to gaze level at Syl. "Need help with that?" Her gaze flickered fearfully to the wound, a small grimace passing over her feline features. "Are you sure that's going to be alright, that it won't turn you...?" There's nothing stranger than a demon showing legitimate concern for a human well within their control if need be... ...she still had that favor, she'd never used it yet. She could just say to Syl to hand her soul over... and why the nine hells didn't she? It would be easy. Then Red could move on to prey on others... but... her fight was here. Red's entire presence softened, fell a couple notches in power of aura. It warmed. Like hell on a good day. Red looked up at Syl with confused warmth in her eyes.

Sylvia, she couldn't bring herself to say it out loud, I know you'll never trust me... given what I am... but you make me question my loyalty to Hell... ...and... you don't have to worry about me taking your soul or... anything like that. The favor still stands but if you don't want that, I won't ask... A long silence passed as the feline drew back, crimson gaze searching to meet the hood's. But let me guard you... from afar, if you wish, I won't intervene unless you ask... but you've made me respect humanity... and that's no small feat. Be proud of that. I'm not fighting for myself anymore, I'll fight for you. Suddenly the thought shut out, Red's aura closed off as her form stiffened. She flickered between feline, raven, and a cloud of ash, each one seeming to writhe as she fought for stability. She couldn't feel Syl. She couldn't feel herself. Weight pressed on her. The raven form held for a few moments, looking to Syl with wide eyes as it let out a strained, hoarse caw- quietly, not even loud enough to be heard across the room then wosh- the bird dissolved into swirling ash again.

Red stumbled around wildly as the ash cloud, trying to gain her bearings, solid ground, all the while her mind reeling- what the hells was- the thought cut again as a new wave knocked her over. A grasping hand stuck out of the ash cloud, grasping for something to hold onto, then fell away into ash again. Finally the ash fell away to the small white, long-furred, red-eyed feline Red usually took the form of laying on the ground. She gasped, eyes shooting open, going to Syl first. Her aura flickered once, then gradually swelled and solidified to her usual weight of power. Sylvia...? Her thoughts were still shaky, her head rang as she got to her paws. Ok... ...we're all functioning here... ...I think.... She took a few steps forward, stumbled, rose again. I have no idea what that was... ...but whatever it was, it's not dissuading me from standing at your side... if you'll have me at your side. Red bowed her head to the hood.

Malice Queen Malice Queen ((no problem :))

Moolock Moolock

At least his son knew better than to fight until death for a cause that seemingly held no bearing in the lives of many. Look what it had done to his marriage, his life, Syl's life even. He hadn't rejoiced in so long, as if a cloud held over his head in a perpetual state, never wavering. But that iron curtain seemed to shatter at the spirit's words, as if this being were trying her hardest to call Honus' mind back to his right path. How he wished to be able to see his son again, to be able to tell him he was sorry. maybe he would tell him about how he had a half-brother, and that now he was... maybe he could tell him about how he met his mother.

There shall be a time where Honus could perhaps step back from the Hoods he so loved, give the reins to someone who wished to fight longer. He had had his run, his name not yet hung on the wall of the dead. And his son had known about him, something that he never expected him to ever know. "My dearest, I don't know what to do. The dogs that killed you, they are coming for us. Please, give me the strength that I lack..." He was desperate now, his hands clenched in a fit of fear. He seemed to know that there would be much loss to endure, and he was not sure to be ready for that.

Sylvia would stare at the cat's red eyes as she offered her assistance, a small forced smile gracing Syl's lips. "It won't, I'll be fine. Just a small graze, doesn't count." she would chuckle at her stupid attempt for humor in this dark time. Sylvia wondered why it was that Red kept coming back, kept fighting for her...for the Hoods...for the cause. Deep down Sylvia had grown weary of the cause and the hopes of defeating the dogs but she never knew anything else; she couldn't just drop everything and settle down with a man...have a couple of kids.

Sylvia's brow would furrow as Red spoke to her through their usual means, this time she spoke of their deal...she wouldn't take Syl's soul or anything yet she expected to befriend a demon. Red offered to protect Sylvia...but that would have been a waste of her power and talents – despite her feelings. Sylvia would rise from her place as Red's appearance would shake, shift, and shatter. "R-Red?" her eyes would widen as her form stabilizes and then shatters to ash again. The extended ashen hand would be greeted by Sylvia's warm hand, only to crumble in her hands.

"Red? Red?! Can you hear me?" she asked, voice oozing with concern and fear. After this display Syl wasn't sure if she could even accept Red's offer. She didn't want to worry anyone else about this but she was tempted to accept Red's offer of a cure but at what cost to Red? She didn't seem like the most stable at the moment. No. No...she couldn't do that to Red. "Do what you want..." Syl would begin being rather cold about it all. "But...it would be nice to have you around..." she would smile slightly, sincerely but slightly. "Now would you stop being in the form of animals?...If you're going to be one of us, you need to look like us. Oh...and perhaps help me with this? Can't really bandage it myself..." she would say the last before biting her lip, it was embarrassing to ask for help.
Moolock Moolock

"Do what you believe is right... what makes you smile. And know that I will walk beside you, my dearest. I will always watch over you, our Braxton, both of your futures." She leaned forward slightly, touching her forehead to Honus's. "I'll visit again soon... ...but for this instance, my time runs low. I will see you again, I promise." Red was starting to panic as the cold crept over her. She stepped back, Clarissa's face forcing a smile to Honus before she faded. Red vanished, bringing herself all back together back with Syl.
JokerValentine JokerValentine

Red obliged to Sylvia's request and in a poof of ash, formed up to resemble a hood- brown eyes, dusty brown hair, and a forgettable face. Just a random fit-in for being at camp. She looked down at the new form as she dusted herself off. "I can hear you fine... I'm sorry about that, that was... unexpected." Fingers closing into a fist, then flexing out again, Red nodded. "It won't happen again." I hope... that scared me. "I'm fine, I've pulled myself together, don't worry about me." She rolled her shoulders back and went to stand beside Syl, taking to roll of bandages to go about helping her wound. She didn't take longer than needed, careful not to make it seem like she was mothering the human. Humans were conscious of seeming weak, that's perfectly admirable. No one wants to be weak. Once finished, Red stepped back. "It will take a lot more than that to cause any real problems for me," she muttered afterwards, referring to earlier. "Anyway." She resumed a more formal tone. "Then I will stay until this is over... or until you want out of the fight all together, whichever may come first." Red saw the thought, the flicker there. A trade. Sealing the deal for good. Red couldn't help but chuckle inwardly. Here she was waiting for a human to give her the ok to eat... how the tables have turned with a little respect. Red looked down at the hood form. "How's this? Good enough for slipping in and out of the fray as needed?"

Malice Queen Malice Queen

Tonson would continue to keep working with and taking care of Sisceal. Building their bond, and allowing them to continue to build a deeper relationship they would soon both be comfortable with.

As the days go by, and Honus heavily questioned the three of the current incidents, and were all appropriately punished. Both armies would also finish bolstering their armies for the final battle that was to come. Multiple commanders would also walk into the what would be the final stand for many hoods. They would make their way to Honus and Syl to discuss new battle plans as well as reinforce them with barely any troops and moderate supplies that were much needed.

Tonson would turn to Sisceal, they were both cleaning out old latrines. "Who are they?" Tonson asked curiously.

Malice Queen Malice Queen Axeykins Axeykins JokerValentine JokerValentine Moolock Moolock

"Them?" Sisceal glanced through the corner of his eye at the commanders marching by. Clad in their fancy, heavy armor. Heads held high and chests stuck out in pride. "Commanders from the surrounding areas. Most of those in that little group more powerful and higher up than even Honus. In fact, they by far out rank him. I bet you they're only listening to his rules and command here because he knows the situation best and actually knows what we're up against. I've seen a few of them in the Capital before, in the High Commander's court. Personally assigned by the High one himself to their keeps to ensure the safety of them and their resources and population...needless to say I'm surprised they came, but it's most likely to protect their own...make sure this threat doesn't get to them." He sighed. Sitting back on his knees and wiping the sweat from his brow with his sleeve. Giving Tonson a forced smile. "I can guarantee that as soon as their lives are in extreme danger, they'll pull out of this battle. Honus's life long deeds and honor or not. They don't give a fu-"

"You done yet? Or are you enjoying a reunion with the disgusting shit in the latrines." A commander who had broken off from the group to relive themselves and happened upon the duo still at work. The Hood he paid no mind to but Sisceal felt the sharp sting of a boot in his upper back. Pressing down ever harder until the priest was pinned to the filthy wooden floor.
"We started on this one....not that long ago...you'll have to wait." He winced as the boot was quickly moved from his back to his head. Grinding his face into the grime even farther.

"I. Don't. Want. Excuses. I. Want. Results." With each word the Commander twisted their foot. "You have magic. Use it. We need results NOW. Not some...Freak screwing around wasting our time off in their own messed up world. This is a WAR we're in. I swear you witches are completely useless. You're just lucky your daddy is well liked by the commander and that ya screwed his daughter too aren't ya? Otherwise you'd end up like the rest of your kind." A sickeningly wicked grin spread across the commander's face as they enjoyed the power they held over this creature.

Sisceal didn't even fight back. He laid motionless, behaving like a beaten dog, not even attempting to challenge this commander. "Yes sir...many apologies. This task will be complete within the next hour or so and to the proper standards." He sounded off so mechanically. How to behave around these types of authority figures burned into his every memory and motion.

"Thank the Gods. You're actually properly trained! Honus is lucky they sent one that's somewhat competent and useful. Somewhat." They dug their heel into his cheek to drive in a point. "Now shove off so I can use these facilities. I'm sure you will be thrilled with the extra workload. Maybe I'll let you lick my boots clean when I'm done here." Their grin widened. "Oh and you. Young lad, would you please leave as well? Surely there is far better work for a soldier like you hmm? Although I do commend your ability to withstand being so close to this shit for so incredibly long. You must be a truly bold, hardened warrior."
Blue098 Blue098

( Malice Queen Malice Queen JokerValentine JokerValentine Moolock Moolock )

As Red under her guise of an average Hood watched the exchange between the commander and the other two boys, she couldn't help but grimace. Her eye twitched as she was reminded why she'd gotten away for so many years detesting humans... Because most of them were complete jerks on a regular basis. This commander thought he was oh so much better than the holy man. Because that makes sense, right? But eliminating the commander's ability to reproduce might not be the best route, at least not as a hood. She turned away to face Syl- she'd been lingering at the other Hood's side since the commanders came in. Giving the slightest nod over her shoulder to the commander, Red flashed Sylvia a smirk as her eyes flashed crimson for a moment- at the same time a raven cawed somewhere overhead. Nothing to see here.

The raven circled once, then swooped down to land square on the commander's head and proceeded to drop a load before fluttering- taking care to whack his head a few times with its wings- before flying off again.

Red's grin widened as she pulled herself together, the raven vanishing as it disappeared from sight in the trees. I may respect you, I don't respect that guy. What do you expect, Aldrich? I'm a being of chaos.

Malice Queen Malice Queen Axeykins Axeykins

"Honus. We are here to discuss the current state of training for the troops and fortifications. How they are coming along and what strategies you have in mind of course." A gruff woman spoke as she rapped on the frame of the door to the briefing room. "We wish to share some concerns as well and offer advice for improvements and in which areas we currently excel. And...wish to share some disturbing news." She cleared her throat as the filed in. "Along with increasing reports of towns being taken and stripped clean of all supplies and an attack every night. Things are out of hand outside these walls."

As the bird flew off from the commanders head, Tonson wanted to take this moment to kill this man. His eyes were closed and his guard was down now. It was almost as if fate itself gave him this moment to kill this man. Pulling out his dagger as he helped Sisceal up, he was stepped towards the man with anger in his eyes, heart, and mind.

"Yes kill this man! How dare he attack and ridicule Sisceal! Gut him like a fish and feed me is soul!" Exile yelled out happily. He could see that his manipulation was working. Though it wasn't like it was all to hard at this point anymore. Tonson saw how humans truly act, how horrible they can be.

"Act now, and make sure others know to never cross those and the ones you love. To never cross another man in such a way, give him justice through cold steel!" Forgotten spoke out. The major difference between Exile and Forgotten is the reasons they do what they do. Exile does it for chaos, vengeance, and entertainment. Forgotten does it for Order, Justice, and because of necessity. Though both know they couldn't survive without the other and work together.

Axeykins Axeykins

The commander roared in anger and wiped as much of the bird shit out of his hair as he possibly could. Then shooting the creature a death stare. "Gods, do you have the most disease ridden creatures on your side now too? Damned bird..." He hissed. Giving his boot one last twist on the back of the priests head before moving it away. His attention turning to the young hood now approaching him with a nasty look upon his face. "And just what do you think you're doing? Put your weapon down before I report you to Honus for treason and defending a witch."

"T..Tonson. Wait." Sisceal quickly grabbed the young man's arm to hold him back. Squeezing it rather tightly. "Please don't do it...it will only make things worse. Trust me." He pleaded, no, begged. Too afraid to even look up at Tonson as he spoke out of turn to try and calm him. "Let him go without incident so we can finish our work here and finally earn something to eat for the day?"

"It's smart too, and has a bodyguard?! Now I've seen everything." The commander scoffed. Watching the repulsive scene play out before him. "Ugh you both disgust me. Get on with your work here already. I haven't the time for such drivel any longer. I'll simply let this little outburst be known to Honus and let him take care of it. You are his Hood and that thing is his contracted servant. He'll know how to deal with you both."
Blue098 Blue098

( Moolock Moolock )

Tonson felt Sisceal holding him, and heard him plead to not kill this dispicable man in front of him. It took everything in his willpower to not strike this man down, to kill him where he stood as if he was cattle. The Commander would soon walk off after his remarks and Tonson would turn to Sisceal. Tears from his frustration would drop down and hit Sisceal's hand. It was obvious Tonson was pained by what he was forced to witness, forced to let happen.

"Why do you let them do that to you...you don't deserve such a fate..." He spoke out to Sisceal while helping him up. He would look at the priest's dirtied face and began to clean it. "Look he even dirtied and hurt you..." Tonson added on while more tears went down his eyes.

Axeykins Axeykins

"Things out here are definitely different aren't they? Or at least in this keep." He sighed heavily. Avoiding eye contact with Tonson to keep the tears of pain from spilling forth from his eyes. At least he didn't need to look at him to see how much that display upset the young man. "That...is just how things are supposed to be. By the standards of the society set within the Capital and larger cities in this region of the world. Anyone classified as a witch, the term they've turned into a derogatory one towards anyone with magical talent, is classified as a lower class citizen. And more often than not anymore not even a citizen." Sisceal finally looked at him. "I happened to get lucky and my father is well known and holds a high seat in his courts, he acts as lead paladin there. and of course my er...wife, if you could even call her that anymore." He shrugged. "This treatment is nothing new. Happens almost daily back home. Albeit often worse than what you've just witnessed. It has ever since my powers came to light and I was conscripted."
Blue098 Blue098

Axeykins Axeykins

And so the day had come. Honus had found himself with very little sleep, trying his best to wrap his head around the situation. Of course, the presence of unwelcome guests and spirits had given him too much strife. As the new presence knocked on the door, the commander had no choice but to let her enter. In a half daze, he listened to her words. The report seemed rather unexpected. The towns were being stripped of supplies? With a doggish army that had lost its humanity, something seemed different. Honus had no capacity to doubt this knowledge, as he knew it to be true. Had something happened that he was not told? Did overnight, the dogs somehow regain the ability to shift human? Everyone knew that those bitten were not to turn back ever. They were infected, not blessed.

"I appreciate the information," Honus said, "as I told you yesterday, we are infull conservation. We are scavenging any and all food sources we can. Anything here at this keep we will put to use. The cooking oils, hoof oils, anything that burns we are coating our arrows with. Anything we don't use for arrows we will use to keep them from the castle by burning them alive. Any silver jewelry, salt supplies, we coat our weapons in it. We have a farrow ditch lined with sharpened sticks on three sides of the keep. They won't surely know that we are willing ot fight to the last man, And not one of my men forgets what happened last time."

"Sire. The reports have come in on the status of conversion of the breastplates you requested as well as a prototype for you to see."
"Good good. Hand them to me now." The Alpha looked up from his mountains of papers as a large metal shield was placed before him. "Hmm. Excellent length and width. Lighter yet very little give and easy to wield comfortably...easily for together tightly." He looked up the overseer of armor and weaponry. "This is excellent. Although I recommend making sure it can endure an extreme amount of abuse. Particularly high heat. Ensure the inner part is very well insulated from it. If my watchers are correct. It is of the utmost concern for our front lines."
"Yes sire. It shall be done immediately. Any other requests?"
"Yes. Practice crafting this." He tossed them a roll of parchment. "Alcohol in a bottle, cloth as a fuse. It should create an intense, inescapable flame as it hits. I wonder if they've ever seen such a method yet?" He chuckled. "Make sure all bows and swords are up to code as well." He shooed the overseer away. Then turned to one of his generals. "You. Get this one to all troops and other generals. The stealth division must know entry points and the signals for when to mobilize. All troops must be in armor that covers the most vital organs and joints. Both those in wolven form And those in human. And most importantly let all know that we will march on a night of the new moon. They expect us at our 'strongest' so we shall go when in most control of our shifting."

Sylvia would be walking through the keep, assisting any and all who needed help. Though she would stop when she heard a commotion coming from Red and the latrines. 'The man is an ass...but as long as he's here with reinforcements he's welcome...' she would stare at the other commander as he held Sisceal's face into the wooden floor, a grimace softly appearing on her face as her fist clenches tightly. Sylvia would relax after seeing the scene unfold with surprisingly little bloodshed considering Tonson's 'condition'.

Syl would make her way to Honus' quarters only to find a woman entering, she was a new face but obviously a commander. Syl was hesitant about entering but when she worked up the nerve she would knock on the door and enter just as Honus began speaking. Syl stood there silently until the high commander finishes her piece and exits the room. She would clear her throat and approach Honus, a wince on her face as she tries to think of something to say. When her eyes finally met his she would open her mouth and speak, "You...look tired...How long has it been since you've slept Honus?"

"We shall keep you informed if anything else arises Honus and of course the status of the keeps in the towns ravaged...so far it's only the oddity of them being stripped of all supplies. Food we could understand but armor and weapons and other such things? Unless they are keeping us from getting them it makes no sense. But they seem so methodically taken" She shook her head. They were all distraught from such the disturbing developments. "Commander Sylvia." She nodded respectfully as the young woman entered the room. "We shall leave you be for now. Try not to over stress yourselves." She spoke far more softly as she shoved the other commanders back and out of the room. Leaving the commander and his daughter to some alone time.
JokerValentine JokerValentine Malice Queen Malice Queen

Meanwhile as all the humans carried out their business, Red had slipped out of camp and promptly thrown off the Hood form she'd taken to launch herself into the sky and circle above as a raven. She followed the reek of dog for ages, eventually coming upon a camp absolutely swimming in the smell. As she swooped lower, she could see the glows of forges, could hear the hammering of metal. Red frowned, cutting back up and away from the scene to the deep woods. Weaving through the trees until she came to the ground, Red shifted into a human form, ragged and smelling like a werewolf... and she waited for any of the Alpha's scouts to come upon her. If he didn't have scouts around his camp, he'd be utterly stupid.

Axeykins Axeykins

He was no fool indeed. Out beyond the inner sanctums of their dens the Alpha had many many scouts patrolling the area. All finely trained with the utmost caution and care, even in armor that was the most basic and unmarked to ensure there were no slip ups where a guard mattered the most.
"Human spotted within the vicinity, no signs of armor or markings to confirm as one of our own. Proceed with the utmost caution as any other potential threat. Only one do the talking unless spoken to by this human and you know the procedure for that" One in the group who had spotted her whispered to his comrades. Motioning them forward.
"Excuse me. Miss. This is quite some place to be out in the woods. Are you lost?" The approached her with smiles on their faces. "If so we would be more than happy to escort you to the nearest pathway to town."
Moolock Moolock

Red shook her head, glancing about nervously at the scouts as any young girl alone in the woods would. "I-I-I-I'm s-s-sorry, I'd... I'd... I-I've been loo-looking f-for th-the alpha... ...I- my pack-" she broke off with a sniffle. "Th-th-they're gone, I-I don't want t-t-to be alone..." She shuddered, looking up at them through a grungy curtain of brown hair.

Axeykins Axeykins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back