• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Red Hood Society

The priest would cry out to her, making her stop in her tracks for a just a moment. She turns and the fire in her eyes made her look like a madwoman and when the silver claws touched her skin they would singe her. Her reaction was to shove him away, onto the forest floor. "Shut up you pathetic excuse for a priest!", she would scream, her blade facing him now. "You can't even allow yourself to take on the oaths that most of your order do!...I can smell the stench you have been imbibing...repulsive..." she would growl "So just lay there and DIE!" This woman did not seem like Sylvia the two knew no, this was all that pent up rage she felt against herself, against the Hoods, against the wolves..against this entire damned world.

The demon would speak and Syl would turn her attention towards the mass of black tendrils, her body slightly twitching with annoyance at the sound of Tonson's twisted voice "Yet you're the one who desires souls and would WILLINGLY put others in danger just to get them. You're as pathetic as the priest!", she would say with a chuckle. "You can't fetch your own meals...so you inhabit others and get THEM to do it for you...", she would continue laughing but suddenly stop. She felt a presence, yes...one she hadn't felt in a long while. "Why have you come back now...of all times..." she would think to herself. Syl's blade would steady in her hand she just wanted to KILL this 'Exile' and get it over with...but that wouldn't solve anything the creature would just jump bodies and inhabit yet another human, but she wanted to hurt him badly...

Her entire body would start to shake and her eyes would start to shift between human and wolf, eventually setting back to their original state. She would feel dizzy, the adrenaline of her anger and fight against Asher (if you could even call it that). Hatred seem to emirate from her very body in the form of heat. The Hood would then throw her blade into the ground, a way to ensure that she wasn't going to run poor Tonson through. "Not. Another. Word." she would warn the demon. "Or I may just pick that sword up and carve your vessel..." regardless of her physical condition, this threat was real...
Axeykins Axeykins Blue098 Blue098 Moolock Moolock

Last edited:
He grinned, "Come then, all that talk should be backed up by action no?" He spoke out while a black and white aura began to surround him.
"I awaken to see a new host and my brother about to kill someone...well this is quite fun." Forgotten spoke out. "No matter, we need to be careful Exile, this woman is delusional." He added on.
"Whatever you do to this woman, I don't care but save Sisceal." Tonson spoke out to them.
He nodded and began to swing his daggers again, "This is what humans are, mere animals who hold themselves above others. This is the precious thing you wish to protect Tonson...humans can't be trusted...you can only trust yourself in a world filled with hate." Exile spoke to Tonson. "Only you can create a world of peace, though you need to do it through an iron fist. As mercy and humility will only lead to this." Exile added on. Tonson remained silent, but he understood what he saw. Exile looked at Syl and the priest. As much as he wanted the priest's soul, he knew that Tonson would simply stop such a thing, so that only left making sure he is alive.

Axeykins Axeykins Malice Queen Malice Queen JokerValentine JokerValentine

"Will you two shut the Hell up and behave!" The priest shouted in a far more commanding tone. Slamming his fist into the ground and forcing his head up. Blood was streaming from his nose and his face beat red. "If we all want to get out of here alive. We can't be at each other's throats. We are all currently in the same squadron dammit. So act like it. Not like bratty bickering children. I don't care who has done what or who said what. It won't matter if we all die. So let's shut up, pull together and get back to camp while we still can." Sisceal spat. The world was spinning violently around him but he wasn't going to let them die here so pathetically.
Blue098 Blue098 Malice Queen Malice Queen JokerValentine JokerValentine

Red's gaze flickered to the twisted one- not Syl, the other one. The possessed. If she weren't a raven, her lips would curl into a snarl. As it was, if any listened closely in this madness they'd have heard a low growl, a sound no bird would usually make. Rather than speak aloud and worried for Sylvia, the demon shared softly with this other being. Her well-fed state rejuvenating, her telepathic aura could carry physical weight to it. To Sylvia particularly, having known her before... ...might find this energy colder, more ominous.

There are much better hunting grounds yet you chase a human girl too mad to defend herself properly? Her tone was scathing, commanding now. Raegazel, an ancient demon, speaking to this. She hadn't seen a possession in a while and this one was quite an annoying display. Pathetic. Weak. Hold yourself on your own form, unless you're too starved to take a solid one. The raven flapped its wings once, re-settling on her perch.

Blue098 Blue098 Malice Queen Malice Queen

The priest would shout at the supposed comrades, how coukd he not see this demon and how it effected Tonson?! It didn't matter, she was done fighting with words...there were more important things to do just as Sisceal said.

Sylvia's stomach would churn as the familiar voice would seemingly slammagainst her weakened being, making her fall to one knee. "R-Red?..." she would whisper to herself. She felt different...stronger for sure but she seemed distant and cold, but her concern for Syl was still the same. What was this bond they shared?

"Let's...just...go." Sylvia managed to get up, from the ground leaving her blade in place. She was too tired and too hurt to fight...

Says the one who stole my last champion's soul. If I'm not mistaken it was our own kind who cursed me to this fate. I hold much more power then you think as well my dear. Just because you recently filled yourself upon the battlefield doesn't mean I hold no threat to you in my current state. Though I must say it's been quite a while since I heard your voice. Exile responded to Red.
Exile remained where he was and slowly stopped spinning his blades. "We agree on something for once. The one on the ground will die soon without proper help, so let's move with haste." He replied to Syl.

Moolock Moolock Malice Queen Malice Queen Axeykins Axeykins JokerValentine JokerValentine

"Good. F..finally. Save your strength for the ass kicking Master Honus is going to give us." Sisceal crawled his way to the horse. "Hopefully I've soared you some time Sylvia. Whether it be until you're infected again or a few hours or days that's all that matters... Tonson." he eyed the young man carefully. "We'll talk later. If you can hear me through that thing." he managed to get himself up against a short stone wall. Somewhat closer to eye level. "Gaah, I cannot wait till the only wounds to worry about are scrapes on my little girls knees...not. This.." He grumbled to himself. Wiping as much blood from his face as possible.
Moolock Moolock

Oh he was yours? If not a bird, she'd have smirked. A demon and cursed, life must be so hard. Another reason to dislike this one... he followed a champion system, or had at least. What was it with demons and not fighting their own battles? But she didn't want it to hurt Syl... she should probably stop insulting the being. Her gaze moved to Sylvia, softening as it did so.

Hello again dear, she murmured with actually a bit of a worried tone. She'd noticed the silver and her bonded's reaction to it. I won't interfere unless you tell me to. You've, erm, well this is quite a pickle, Aldrich. He's a nasty one, that demon... Red looked her form over again and muttered a relatively useful incantation, sending a waft of warm, comforting aura toward Sylvia to try to help with her wounds and pain. Being a demon, she knew nothing truly of the healing arts, but she could try to help. I'd imagine though you've had enough of demons and would rather I leave?

She would look away from Tonson and towards Sisal as he spoke, a low grumble emitting from her lips as she grabs the reigns of the horse and moves it towards the priest. A small way of apologizing and just getting them...home. The thought of Honus chewing them all out for they stupidity was not sitting comfortably in her mind right now...and she'd have to hid that chunk of flesh missing from him too. For now...she tried to concentrate. Sisal's efforts had worked and her rage was soon quelled and Red's assistance helped even further she felt...like herself again sort of.

Sylvia would sigh heavily and turn towards Red as she spoke of this situation. "Yes...Quite the situation..." she would mumble, a hand planting on her wound. "I'm...You...being here is...fine", she was struggling with her feelings. After the incident at the battlefield, Sylvia was hesitant to trust Red and with that bastard Exile still running around she was even more on edge about trusting demons...but Red was different she was different from the moment they met. "Stay..." Syl would quietly say she needed a friendly face and despite Sisceal's efforts she could still feel the taint of the beast inside, bubbling slowly in her being – it was repressed for now.

"Commander Honus. Please, calm down." A trembling soldier followed quickly at his heels. "I know the situation is...well. You don't need details. But you must watch your temper. Going off on another like that won't bring them back any faster and you know it well." The soldier gulped. Was it wise to speak out to a commander like this? Particularly one in such a foul mood? "Why don't you focus on ensuring the garrisons are properly fortified and that we are prepared for the coming troops? You can scream at insubordination later."
JokerValentine JokerValentine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on troops move move move! We've got to get there quickly. A fellow Hood needs assistance and quickly!" A scarred woman in battered armor shouted atop a massive war horse. She had sent out more along paths as they marched. Sending them to other leaders and small groups of hoods in the area. She had managed to recruit a good amount so far but it wasn't enough. Her own soldiers had seen firsthand what the wolves were becoming and acted as fast as possible.

Axeykins Axeykins

Damn right it was stupid, as now the infuriated commander turned his attention on his own. "And now you justify your own insubordination? Dig a new latrine, this instant." Honus handed the male a shovel from the wall, conveniently placed and conveniently uncleaned. "Standard size and depth. use the lumber from the debris to build it. Have it done by the end of the day. How is that for proper fortification?" Alas it was still a vital necessity, but the man could have perhaps served better as cannon fodder by setting traps on the field. With the man given a new job, the commander went to view how the trenches were faring. They had proceeded less than satisfactory, and were nowhere near being completed. The fact that the men were taking shifts and not digging with all of their heart only made Honus feel even worse about their situation. Had they even begun sharpening sticks? And where was Syl? Nowhere to be seen, as usual.

"Thank you Syl." He reached for the reins. Using them and the sturdy beast to lift himself up off of the ground. "Could I get a little help. If it's not too much to ask? I can't get up on my own." He sighed and hugged the horse's neck. "If you need Syl, I don't think I can take anymore of the infection but I can take that gaping wound. Better Honus be pissed off and screaming at me than you. Tensions are high enough. We need both commanders as long as possible back at camp to prepare properly. And you need to be in tip top shape if you're going to be dealing with an influx of troops and some demon edition."

Red, still as a raven, fluttered on her branch and swooped upward to circle the group, gaze flickering around to all of them. With a bemused tone, she asks, Is he talking about that same camp the last battle was at? Is that place still standing? She flies up high, almost passing into a cloud far above where a human eye could see, and splits into two birds. One dives back down, traveling across the treetops in the direction of where she remembered the camp being. The other, where most of her attention rested, continued to circle lazily. I noticed you're cursed... ...do you want any help with that or will you try to live through it? She was still concerned, not eager to see her favorite little human twisted and contorted into a wolf.

Malice Queen Malice Queen

The second raven eventually reached a camp, the familiar hoods wandering around it. That bird ducked down into a tree, on the way to the ground morphing into a generic, bland human being. No memorable features, the sort of person whose name you would forget. She pulls up her hood and steps into camp, going off to the corner to look like she's doing something useful- in this case sharpening some conveniently straight, cut sticks with a small carving knife.

Last edited:
Sylvia would stare at the the raven that was her friend Red, a flash of sadness in her eyes. "The priest took care of it, I'll be fine." she would state, her rage had died and with it the feeling of the infection but somewhere deep down she knew...and despite the fights and annoyances the Hoods had brought her, she would not...could not allow Sisceal to risk his life to save her. "Yeah...sure..." Syl would finally reply to the priest, assisting him onto the horse to the best of her abilities. When he mentioned the wound she would nod and look at the shoulder wound "Yeah...I'd rather Honus not yell at any of us. He'll be mad regardless...because of my mistake." she would look down thinking that the soldier she had aimed to save already died of his wounds.

Exile would soon take away his possession and Tonson would be back. He would to go the priest's side as before. He would look keep his gaze away from Syl, his trust in her gone. "Sisceal, you are already too weak from taking what you could of the infection, you can't take another wound without putting much more serious risk on your life..." Tonson spoke softly to him.

"Is there anything we can do?" Tonson asked Exile
"Not that I known of..." Exile spoke out
"I can ease his pain, though that is it. My healing abilities only stretch to you and lesser wounds." Forgotten spoke out. "Though I can try to help her wound out if you do please." He would add on.
Tonson thought about it for a moment. Though declined his offer. "Sisceal, I can't heal you but I can ease your pain..." Tonson spoke softly to him while grabbing his hand.

"Thank you commander. Perhaps I can try again when fully rested."Sisceal groaned as he slumped into the horse. In desperate need of sleep now. "Don't take all of the blame. We each had our own part in this mess so the punishment shouldn't fall all onto one person. Honus can scream at all of us if he's going to scream." He glanced from Sylvia to Tonson. Their faces becoming blurred as he faded in and out of consciousness. His exposed skin steaming in the cold air.
"That sounds nice." He gently squeezed Tonson's hand. "Do whatever you can...wake me when we're back to the fortress if you can."
Malice Queen Malice Queen JokerValentine JokerValentine Blue098 Blue098 Moolock Moolock

"But Sir! This isnt--" The poor man gagged as the shovel was forced into his hands. Oh gods above it was beyond horrendous. Crossing the commander at such a time was a horrible idea but needed. "Y..yes sir. I shall immediately. And I ask you to go lighter on other soldiers. We are trying our best and just as stressed as you are. and screaming only makes it worse." The soldier spat at the commander as he headed of to do his duty.

Axeykins Axeykins

Honus had nothing to say to the fool. By all means, if he were to give any more lip to him, he would have nothing more to give from his lip is Honus had anything to say about it. The situation was growing rather dire, at least to him. The whole upcoming battle, everything he's gained and lost in the past month, it was amounting to something. He could feel in his heart that this truly was the final showdown. The question was: would he be prepared? Did he have one last battle left in him before he retired? He retired t his quarters, where the kid was probably still sitting and eating the food he had procured. As Honus entered, alas, he saw a paper under his door, one sealed with a wax signet. It was a letter. The commander picked it up, and inspected it. The seal on it... it seemed familiar. But he couldn't.... it couldn't be...

Tonson would feel a light come out from his hand, it would soothe Sisceal's pain a little bit, making it enough to be bearable. He looked to Syl, "Whenever you are ready commander." He spoke in a unusually cold tone. He would then turn his attention back to Sisceal. Tonson continued to hold onto his hand, and try his best to soothe his pain more.

"Why do you care so much about this human?" Exile asked Tonson.

"He means a lot to me now...we share the same ideals and even done...intimate things with each other..." Tonson replied.

"Well isn't that cute!" Forgotten spoke out.

"It's revolting..." Exile replied

Last edited:
By the time Red was bored, near a hundred long, sharpened shafts of wood were stacked neatly beside her faux-Hood form. With her dull eyes and mousy brown hair, she looked up and out over the camp, catching glimpse of a form she hadn't seen in a long time. How the Nine Hells is that old man still alive? With a grin, she extended her senses to the commander, rooting around quietly for something juicy. She found a face, detailed, a name, and plenty of memories... Oh this is going to hurt so much...

She swiftly made her way to a thick tree, in the two paces it took her to cross out of view she took that face, voice, and made it her own, though not for the common eye to see. No, something akin to a cold breeze whisked through the camp, upsetting tents and dust as she made her way to the grizzled Hood. A beautiful woman with grey eyes and long blonde hair swaying in its own wind, only to be marred by a jagged wound over her heart, reminiscent of deep claw marks. It wasn't gory, mostly hid by a simple sweater. As Red- now in the guise of his wife's ghost- stepped into the tent, she came to rest her feet on the ground. "Look at you now..."

Moolock Moolock

Immediately all pain ever within the aged commander swelled up like a balloon. He knew the voice before it spoke, and whatever the letter said, it was irrelevant. The parchment could only glide to the floor in peace, as the commander turned to face the new voice. Had nobody even told him she had come back? Was everyone here a total waste of existence? Was he the only competent one? Then he saw what she bore on her chest, that wound. Honus' face softened at the realization, and tears began to well in his eyes.

"Oh, my dear wife. Clarissa I... what has brought you here? Why do I see these wounds upon your skin? Clarissa my dear...." A tear now rolled down his face, and his heart beat out of his chest. The sight of her, it brought too much upon him. She left him alone, took their child away to the unknown, leaving him to service himself as a Hood. He had the original letter even, resting on his window out onto the field. And here she was again, dead. Dead because he was not there to protect her. Dead because he was selfish and terrible.

Honus went to her, but saw she was... she wasn't really there. She was a spirit, or that's what she seemed. The wound was far too deep into her heart. Had she not turned? Usually that would take care of it. No, her heart had been ripped out, like how his was all those years ago. And Braxton, where was he? He wanted to know it all. He wanted to say so much, ask so much, but alas the words were not coming out. The only thing he could do is let the tears roll. "I'm sorry..." he managed to stutter out in a whisper, barely holding himself together.

"Quiet your fears dear," she spoke softly, stepping forward to rest a hand on his cheek. For a ghost, it felt comfortingly solid and a hair warmer than the chill of death. "Come on," she brushed at his tears, though as a ghost could not wipe them away. Still, the gesture was there. "I know you're stronger than this, hm...? My stallion... our colt lives." She sounded happy, relieved, and tears welled in her own eyes that she would never mother this child. Red reached again for more memories, finding what she could. Damn for all the shit this man has taken... ...she should've come as his wife alive. F*cking f*cknuggets. Her gaze flickered where his did and her other hand went to cover the wound as best the translucent limb could. "Don't worry about that, love... for this, I forgive you, them... We were attacked, men of your own arrived and Braxton is safe... I'm, well," she forced a pained smile, "I didn't have to live a wolf..."

Red rose and stepped back further into the tent, waving him along. "I don't hold your chosen path against you... ...now, I'm sure you have many questions... ...I'm sorry too, that this couldn't be a happier instance for you... ...but know of Braxton and... some time before the lights go out, smile for me, love? You used to smile."

Moolock Moolock

"I used to be happy. I used to hold you in my arms at night, thinking about everything I had in this world. Where has Braxton gone? Why has he not come to his father? Does he know about me? Does he remember how I used to hold him while he cried at night, how I used to refer to him as my son.... my real son," Honus managed to utter as he could only look into the mist that was his wife. She was there, before him, and seeing her there having forgiven him should've brought joy to his heart. it should have given him inspiration, but it was so hard to find. Everyone was dying around him. His commanders, dead. Rhykad, his trainee, dead. His wife, dead. What would be next for this forsaken world to take from him? Syl?

Honus could only keep his tears welled for but a moment, before they poured forth from his face. Everything he had with her, the woman he loved, and the emotion of her depature and his obsession. It was but no joy in this world. "I failed as a husband. It was my duty to have put you before my selfishness, and now my actions have caused your death. You may forgive me, but I'm not sure I can forgive myself, my love. I wish your slender arms could hold me again." The sapping commander reached out for her, and found he could only grasp her warmth in his fist. "I would give anything to have you back, to have Braxton back so that I may redeem myself as a father."

He stopped for a moment, and took a deep inhale. "This is going to be it for me. I must save my soldiers here, but then I shall retire. Your grave will be decorated with the flowers I grow, and I shall grieve every day for you. I may perhaps keep Braxton far away from all this. Oh do tell me where he ism and where he has gone?"

"Mmm....that feels so...nice." Sisceal moaned happily as he felt the pain fade. Letting his hand lazily mold into Tonson's. "I can't wait for you to meet my daughter...I think you two will get along like wildfire. You can visit too....syl...marius...hoonas" He smiled. Sinking further into the horse. It felt like waves were washing over him, causing the entire world to feel as if it were rocking every which way. "It would be a grand reunion...wake me when we get. close." His words faded out as the priest finally succumb to his weakened state and passed out on the horse. His body becoming nothing but dead weight on the poor beast.

"I remember, I remember," and oddly enough, Red did as she held all these memories. She'd thought human lives were too short to accomplish anything important but this... God damnit am I getting soft? Red- Clarissa- "You haven't failed, my love. Look at where you are, helping people, standing against the night for us who cannot... ...I'm sorry I held that duty against you." He deserves something more solid than a ghost... Nine Hells and Heaven screw me... With an inward wince that did not grace Clarissa's face, Red reached out again through the vast repository of the world's fallen. Clarissa, Clarissa darling where are you... "This won't be it for you, love... don't you think that for one moment that your path ends here... it can, if you will it, but your years can stretch out in comfort yet, hm...?" She reached out again for the world's living and found Braxton... he really did have Honus's eyes, blegh that's a little eerie. "He's away from this, worry not," she smiled weakly. "He honors your name and duty but has decided not to follow your footsteps."

Red thought long and hard as she spoke, with the idea proposed, starting to gnaw at her. What if she brought his wife back? And what if she protected her? Damnit she was starting to sound more like a guardian angel than a demon... it would be for a soul of course, as all things are, but she would protect this family if this happened. Syl, now this old man and his wife? He would have to agree, as would this woman's actual spirit... ...but maybe... this man deserved to smile before he died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back