• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Recovering a Broken Heart D&D 5e

I have the darkvision from my ranger archetype (giving me the Umbra Vision feature) and I've only ever had DMs have the starting HP be max, so I figured it's the norm.
Usually you roll when you level up, and considering I'm starting at level 3, I'm not really leveling up twice.
ah ok well then if the gm doesnt mind i would like to do the same

Grimsvald Grimsvald MsPolite MsPolite Error 420 Error 420

Sorry all keep getting distracted. I'm a little overwhelmed by the character sheet tbh but i can do rolls and reaction posts. Just not sure the best way to handle my CS because I've never been a part of a serious DND campaign before. I think I have everything down now

CS is attached file. I had a question for you Grimsvald... I was wondering in the traits section where it says "Thieves' Cant: Convey secret messages hidden in normal conversation." Let's say I'm talking with a RP partner and one of the people we've been put infront of wants us to do something or there will be some kind of consequence... If I were to be talking to the person, turn around and wink at an RP partner's character (to insinuate a different plan)... would that be considered a secret message hidden in normal conversation? If so since you're the GM will you allow it?

Error 420 and MsPolite will my character be leading us with a +4 to investigation?

Edit: If so how do you guys want to enter the scene? What clues have we already uncovered? Whats our next step/goal, and what are we doing currently?

Attachments

• Luci.pdf
    166.3 KB · Views: 4
Congenial Organism Congenial Organism
Check the damage on your weapons. I see them all as 1d4 on your sheet, but the sword and bow should be more. 1d6 i believe.

Thieves cant: is like a secret underground language of slang that thieves know. So you can use it to learn secrets from the underground in a new town or communicate with othats that know thieves cant. “Saw three ships in the harbor Saturday, but non of them had black saids.” Villagers may think this means it is a busy port with no pirates. But really you are saying ‘I have already looked around and there is nothing worth stealing.’

Clues: the king has sent you into this region with instructions to find his daughter. Break her ruby heart necklace and then kill her.
If you want you can work out a code word with your team, that doesnt require thieves cant. “I like my steak filet” may mean ‘we need to use slashing damage to kill this.” And I like my steak flank can mean blunt damage. And so on and so on. Jusy role play that.

Congenial Organism Congenial Organism
Check the damage on your weapons. I see them all as 1d4 on your sheet, but the sword and bow should be more. 1d6 i believe.

Thieves cant: is like a secret underground language of slang that thieves know. So you can use it to learn secrets from the underground in a new town or communicate with othats that know thieves cant. “Saw three ships in the harbor Saturday, but non of them had black saids.” Villagers may think this means it is a busy port with no pirates. But really you are saying ‘I have already looked around and there is nothing worth stealing.’

Clues: the king has sent you into this region with instructions to find his daughter. Break her ruby heart necklace and then kill her.
If you want you can work out a code word with your team, that doesnt require thieves cant. “I like my steak filet” may mean ‘we need to use slashing damage to kill this.” And I like my steak flank can mean blunt damage. And so on and so on. Jusy role play that.
Ohhhhh okay I'm so glad I asked then I was very confused.

Alright that sounds good to me I was going to make a post but I don't know if I should until everyone is ready

Yo I can work on a post now, and be first, if you’d prefer
This is from my first reply:

"Error 420 and MsPolite will my character be leading us with a +4 to investigation?

Edit: If so how do you guys want to enter the scene? What clues have we already uncovered? Whats our next step/goal, and what are we doing currently? "

I don't have a problem posting first but I'd like to have a plan unless we'd like to do trial-by-fire then I'm alright with that as well. I just want to see where everyone stands MsPolite MsPolite Error 420 Error 420

Are you working on the post now I’m assuming? Just making sure no one is waiting for me :3
yep thanks for checking. Was having bbcode woe's but I figured it out on my own. Will have the post up.... probably... in 20-30 mins unless I get writer's block then like... an hour

Congenial Organism Congenial Organism oh btw is ok if I could get the code for your post? I think it would be neat to have our posts somewhat uniform. Also, great post! And I love the pic you used for Luci.
Awh thanks! MsPolite MsPolite

Code:
[font='Dancing Script'][div=background; background-color: black; width: 300px; padding: 10px; float: left;]ERASE THIS TEXT AND REPLACE WITH IMAGE
Name: 
Mood: 
HP: 
Level: 
Class: 
[/div][/font][font='Modern Antiqua'][div=background; background-color: black; padding: 10px; ]Your Text here - background auto sizes with text[/div][/font]

Awh thanks! MsPolite MsPolite

Code:
[font='Dancing Script'][div=background; background-color: black; width: 300px; padding: 10px; float: left;]ERASE THIS TEXT AND REPLACE WITH IMAGE
Name:
Mood:
HP:
Level:
Class:
[/div][/font][font='Modern Antiqua'][div=background; background-color: black; padding: 10px; ]Your Text here - background auto sizes with text[/div][/font]
Thanks!

Congenial ( for some reason it wont let me tag people right now)

I agree with error420 that the grey on black was difficult to read. I didn’t realise there was text until I got my glasses on. Would you be able to brighten the text 1 grey tone?

Also, where you put (perception check) could you give me a roll inside those (.)

Good post. I liked the cleaning of your blade and description of synergy.

That post is kinda hard to read on PC with the light theme, could you use a lighter color text?
Congenial ( for some reason it wont let me tag people right now)

I agree with error420 that the grey on black was difficult to read. I didn’t realise there was text until I got my glasses on. Would you be able to brighten the text 1 grey tone?

Also, where you put (perception check) could you give me a roll inside those (.)

Good post. I liked the cleaning of your blade and description of synergy.
Error 420 Error 420 Grimsvald Grimsvald

Ah shoot guys I apologize I left the text color to it's default and figured it would be alright. Let me adjust the background color because I believe the text is as white as it can get. Give me a moment!

Edit: It's fixed! What die do I cast for perception check? 1d20?

Perception check will be 1d20 + wisdom modifier. If you picked perception as one of your proficient skills you may add your proficiency bonus of 2 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back