• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Realms of Nymserine: Interest Check

Purize

Princess of Pudding
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Realms of Nymserine: Interest Check

Main Thread
History & Lore
Characters
OOC

upload_2018-1-10_18-29-57.png
Hello fellow writers!!! BugDozer73 BugDozer73 and I are looking for new people to join our Roleplay. We put a lot of work into making lore and history, and hopefully making it interesting enough for you guys. Below is a quick intro description about the plot of the RP and a little About tab to tell you about the creation behind Nymserine. If any of this does peak your interest please check out the links at the top of this thread. You'll find that there's a lot of content...

You may also notice that the Main Thread of the RP already has seven pages of roleplay. In the beginning, BugDozer and I wanted to keep this as a One on One but we dropped the RP about a year ago and picked it up again recently. We decided to give Nymserine a lot more depth and detail as well. Please don't be intimidated to join because of the seven pages, you really haven't missed much aside from our two characters meeting. It's not really a requirement to go back and read it all either, so just skim through all of the lore and post a character sheet!

We are really looking forward to seeing what creative characters get added to our team. Spots for acceptance are limited though, and we will be choosing people carefully. Feel free to leave comments, concerns and question here in this thread, or you can PM BugDozer73 BugDozer73 or Purize Purize .
Thank you and please enjoy!!!

• Nymserine is a realm of magic and balance. It's a country ruled by Humans, Elves and Dwarves, overseen by the Nine Gods. They are bound to a strict categorization of ethics and morals created by the God of Balance himself. Where there are renaissance times of happiness and peace, there are also dark periods that seize the lands, spreading terror and despair. Nymserine has a long history of epic eras that tell of the ups and downs of time, but one of the most monumental moments in history was the Hallowed Exodus war. A corrupt and nefarious wizard named Azarath amassed an army of demons, ghouls, ogres and many other wicked creatures of the night and plagued the lands of Nymserine with a terrible blight that ravaged everything in its path. On his own, Azarath was a great wizard, well studied in the ways of dark magic, but his crusades were aided by the use of three Artifacts of Death, created by the Gods Eerebus, Progenitis and Ontario.

These artifacts gave Azarath the abilities to summon demons, control and capture souls against their will, and to boost his own strength and speed. In the end, Azarath was defeated by Aeredaius, the leader of the Circle and the Artifacts of Death were hidden and sealed away in different locations across Nymserine to keep them from falling into the wrong hands ever again.

Now, several centuries later, the Artifacts have gone missing again and the Circle is looking for new recruits to help find them and discover how they were taken. Some whisper about Azarath coming back from the dead to take his revenge, but maybe there’s something even bigger at hand. Nymserine may face a new deadly foe that threatens to throw the land into a new dark age...

Last edited:
Holy cow you guys put a lot of work into both the world and your characters, I love it! I would really love to throw my hat in the ring for a chance to play, would I make a post in the Characters thread?

Holy cow you guys put a lot of work into both the world and your characters, I love it! I would really love to throw my hat in the ring for a chance to play, would I make a post in the Characters thread?
Yeah lol, seriously, this stuff took weeks of typing. But, of course! Just use one of the character templates and let the games begin!!!

Sees huge blocks of lore... Interest piqued!!!

Is there room for one more D:? I'm at work so I won't be able to get any characters done for half a day!

Sees huge blocks of lore... Interest piqued!!!

Is there room for one more D:? I'm at work so I won't be able to get any characters done for half a day!
We are still waiting for a bunch of people to post their character sheets before we begin choosing and accepting, so you have time to put your own character together!

Okay ^3^!

*Snatches the character sheet and scrambles to a corner, jealously hiding it from the view of others*

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for all the enthusiasm we've gotten so far on the Realms of Nymserine RP! We have seen all the amazing character sheets that have been posted, and have been reading them. We are waiting for some more people to finish reading through everything and post their characters. Please be patient will us so we can give everyone a fair chance! x3

We will probably be doing a final review and begin the accepting process tomorrow. Just a reminder: Your character sheet will be edited with "Accepted" across the top if we choose you, and you will also be notified in the OOC, after that you can start posting to the main thread. We may PM you about your character to get to know more information or to ask you a few "interview" questions. We also had the idea of asking you guys to write an example post for us, just to get a feel for your writing style. Let us know what you think about that... Thanks again everyone!

Ahhh. This looks really good thus far. Let me read a little more, I'm still trying to navigate the site again. It's been ages.

Okay. I'v read the lore and the seven pages. Questions:

1) How long do elves live?
2) Can I play a half-elf
And if so, 3) how long do they live for?

Okay. I'v read the lore and the seven pages. Questions:

1) How long do elves live?
2) Can I play a half-elf
And if so, 3) how long do they live for?
While humans live to about 85 in this world, Elves live to about 150 and age more slowly as a result. Yes you can be a half-elf, just know that Elves that live in Shylanora aren’t very fond of half-lings of any sort and the other half must be human. An Elf-human halfling would live to about 100 and age like a human. x3

Thank you! As soon as I can dig up a photo and figure out the coding, I shall have a halfling up :D Dying to know what happened with that murder.

Yaaaaas! Good luck! If you can’t get the bbcode to work, don’t worry about it. There’s a simpler layout for CS on that information post. X3

"Ok everyone, news time: While not everyone has posted there CS, and we will not post until the last two have, we are starting to make our final decisions about who is going to join us. I would like to say that we thoroughly enjoyed everyones characters, and it breaks our hearts not to be able to include all of you. Something we are considering is after the people we choose get a solid footing in the RP, is reopening for a few more characters, so if you are not chosen the first time around, and are still interested, there might be a round two. Everyone sit tight, and thanks for being patient and some of the best writers I have seen in a long time, and we will begin our final decisions, posted by tonight."
-BugDozer73

I am terrified, but happy you guys are finding the right people to play with and if I am not one of them I wish you all the best of luck! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back