Character Theory Really Neat Character Ideas You've Had

Nothing special, but I still love the character I played, who was a money-loving samurai and calculated monetary gain from every enemy he fought and ended up with his own teahouse XD

I do not know why, but I have a recent fascination with characters who drag life-sized dolls around of themselves.

I've been wanting to play a ghost controlling an animated suit of armor recently. I think it'd be a great mixture of sad and hilarious if he couldn't actually talk and had to pantomime everything he wanted to communicate as he tried to get revenge for his death.

To be completely honest, I might be new here but I'll share my part of the snack. I actually had this idea for a character who breaks the fourth wall completely, it's completely out of the ordinary from where I come from. I thought of it and was like "Hmmm, yeah that's a good idea to completely throw everyone off" which it was. I explained it to everyone and they were confused on the whole concept of the character basically talking to the roleplays instead of always to the character, meaning this characters self awareness was beyond a "gods"[in roleplay] understanding. So to put it simple, this character could talk to not only roleplayers, but would've known that it's just a created character and could be scrapped at any time or unused when I am bored. Which will never happen, I love all my characters. I am really bad at explaining, please forgive me if my English is bad and all. I'm still learning English in general being from Mexico.

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2
Nothing special, but I still love the character I played, who was a money-loving samurai and calculated monetary gain from every enemy he fought and ended up with his own teahouse XD

I love it when people step outside the box with samurai characters. XD Honorable stoicism becomes super boring after five minutes.

To be completely honest, I might be new here but I'll share my part of the snack. I actually had this idea for a character who breaks the fourth wall completely, it's completely out of the ordinary from where I come from. I thought of it and was like "Hmmm, yeah that's a good idea to completely throw everyone off" which it was. I explained it to everyone and they were confused on the whole concept of the character basically talking to the roleplays instead of always to the character, meaning this characters self awareness was beyond a "gods"[in roleplay] understanding. So to put it simple, this character could talk to not only roleplayers, but would've known that it's just a created character and could be scrapped at any time or unused when I am bored. Which will never happen, I love all my characters. I am really bad at explaining, please forgive me if my English is bad and all. I'm still learning English in general being from Mexico.
So... Deadpool.

Also, like most people who apologize for their bad english, you have a better grasp of the language than 60% of the people who have it as their first language.

Cronus but girl
Badass person with curse immunity and the ability to bypass artifact genderlocks. He also does a lot of shit. I made him powerful on purpose to make him boss-tier, that or his defeat signifies a stronger threat.
A guy who can manipulate 'Tsukumogami Energy' to turn inanimate objects alive and make them not alive again.
Child prodigy from the Kriegsmarines. He finds the need to continuously state that he's from the Kriegsmarines.
A cat with a superhero backstory that explains how he gained super jumping powers.

I’ve always been fond of the Dark Lord archetype, but very few roleplays are suitable for playing one.

Recently I've been toying with a character who breaks the fourth wall, but not the right fourth wall, making him legitimately crazy.

Like, he thinks he's in a video game so he makes references to video game mechanics but since he's not in a video game he comes off as crazy out-of-universe too.

Recently I've been toying with a character who breaks the fourth wall, but not the right fourth wall, making him legitimately crazy.

Like, he thinks he's in a video game so he makes references to video game mechanics but since he's not in a video game he comes off as crazy out-of-universe too.

I do like that idea, kinda reminds me of the Log Horizon show where real life and "in-game" mechanics are mixed together and the characters spend a little while trying to figure it all out. 🤣

Puppeteers are always fun. Masterminds orchestrating and pushing a grand design without anyone ever knowing what it is. Bonus points if it’s a villain pushing the heroes towards a goal they think is a noble one but turns out to be quite the opposite.

Of course, it’s hard to do that in a roleplay, especially a group one since everyone is an entity not controlled by you. Often people can feel like you’re god modding the RP as well even if you leave subtle hints that what they are doing is all in the cards you hold.

Had a roleplay where I was this presidential figure who ruled over a city filled with mutant figures and the whole premise was very X-men. Fear of the powerful vs the mutants rights as citizens. My character had orchestrated this whole plan to have them become citizens by having the mutant characters be chipped for identification. Obviously no one liked that, so he was like “alright. Everyone gets chipped then. Even the nonmutants.” But then chips that normal people were fitted with did nothing, while the chips the mutants were fitted with both tracked them and recorded everything they did in a live feed.

I hinted at the fact that normally chipped people did nothing, and that mutants would be both tracked and recorded all the way up until one particular player got chipped, and then later down the line when my character busted in on a base of mutants and killed a handful of them this one particular character threw a hissy fit on me not being able to do that since I shouldn’t of known where they were, despite all the breadcrumbs leading to it.

I had this idea for a very specific type of RP, where superheroes are inexplicably ultra-bastards and all the villains are morally questionable anti-heroes. I got cold feet on the one this was designed for.
The idea is that this guy is a silver age-y goofy gnome-themed supervillain who uses hallucinogens on his enemies, usually to make people think that they're fantasy creatures. He's been a villain since the mid-60's (when both Bowie and Pink Floyd inexplicably made gnome-themed songs) where he was also part of the universe's version of the counterculture.

The gimmick only really works if there's a certain brand of serious character to play off of, and the RP's setting is tailored for villain protagonists. If he's used in a regular superhero setting, unless the setting is really self-serious, he wouldn't really work as well.

I had this idea for a very specific type of RP, where superheroes are inexplicably ultra-bastards and all the villains are morally questionable anti-heroes. I got cold feet on the one this was designed for.
The idea is that this guy is a silver age-y goofy gnome-themed supervillain who uses hallucinogens on his enemies, usually to make people think that they're fantasy creatures. He's been a villain since the mid-60's (when both Bowie and Pink Floyd inexplicably made gnome-themed songs) where he was also part of the universe's version of the counterculture.

The gimmick only really works if there's a certain brand of serious character to play off of, and the RP's setting is tailored for villain protagonists. If he's used in a regular superhero setting, unless the setting is really self-serious, he wouldn't really work as well.
That sounds hard because you'd need a very specific group of players working in a sort of... unity? I guess.

I've also been toying with an old favorite: smartass hero who has no idea what he's doing and... okay, okay, I admit it, I just want to make Percy Jackson.

That sounds hard because you'd need a very specific group of players working in a sort of... unity? I guess.
The issue is that he was made for that specific RP so I'll probably never get to use him as originally intended. People don't normally make RPs like that one.

My previous bard character would sing that Pink Floyd's song every time they could in order to annoy our dwarf (even though dwarfs and gnomes are, obviously, different races, but close enough XD). He'd get so mad XD
By the same principal, The Laughing Gnome is a good fantasy pub name.

"Hey! Are you the adventurer guy that always gets the job done and doesn't even ask for money?"

"Yes, I am. I'm honored you heard of me."

"The honor is all mine! But, if I may ask... if money isn't involved, why do you adventure? Do you just like the rush, the danger?"

"I suppose I'm partial to the danger, yes."

". . .Is there anything else to it?"

"Well, I also like to watch people slowly choke on their own blood."

That'd be amazing.

A villain who poses as the hero so that his talent for monologues can be satisfied. Someone else interrupts the shenanigans of the afterimage producing hooligan, and then it is revealed, "It was I [insert diabolical sounding name that isn't Dio]!"

Well now I want to make a villain who's only talent is monologues. Like, he's a laughable villain but he loves monologues so much that he keeps doing villainy and he considera interrupting monologues to be the worst social faux pas imaginable.

Np that's boring.

I mean a hammy old disney style villain (think maleficent or Ursala) who commits crimes because they love monologuing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back