• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Reality Check! - A Multiversal Dnd Game, turned Aventure

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Evan
1596639368942.png
The Chainsaw maniac let's out a laugh as he keeps the little bit of wood between his teeth, looking to the adventurers. "We've tracked those monstrosities to a day or two trip towards the East", Ash says aloud, jotting a thumb towards the direction of where they came from, "Didn't see exactly where they are inside of it but, we saw the source."

The Hunter nods, still gazing towards the bullet he repeatedly tosses and catches it, "Indeed, however, we can't simply leave this town unprotected, even though Abe can clearly handle one or two himself, those things usually hunt in packs." The bartender nods, shrugging, "You're not wrong friend."

The Hunter catches the bullet one last time, before standing up and walking towards Ash, peering over to your group. "One of us can take you all to the source of the infestation, and possibly, your artifact. And one of us has gotta stay here and assist Abraham in protecting the town." Ash nods after The Hunter speaks, looking towards the crew as well.

"We don't have all day but yeah, we'll leave it up to you whether which one of us will take you there."
".... err.... we gotta choose?? Hmph... I guess uh..."
Which of the two would lead their group to the artifact

Mûg-Lûg Turned to Evan

"we Pick-Choose, The Chainsaw Man-Thing seems capable which do You-You think?"
".... Chainsaw man it is then. I don't really care which one so uh.. whatever floats your boat pal..."

Evan looked over, observing his new companion's movements and emotions.. in truth, he wasn't sure if forming a pact was such a good idea, he didn't know HOW trustworthy this large rat would be... but maybe he'd roll the dice, see where things went..
Mûg-Lûg awaited his new allys answer but thought to himself

This was perfect the first step forward in this game of insurmountable odds

"Yes-Yes He looks like a Good-Good Warrior-Champion."
"... they both look pretty reliable.."

And... he just... continued staring, that eerie, bug eyed stare..
Mûg-Lûg chittered

His joy masked, content with his current plans

Mûg-Lûg Would kill many Problems back home with one scheme
".... don't take this personally.. but I'm actually pretty quick to trust people. I take whatever I can get.. of course this leads to quite a few dangerous relationships..."

Evan pointed at him, getting close enough to practically poke his snout again. In fact his finger did brush on the rats snout!

"Keep this in the back of your mind, if things happen to go south..."

Evan proceeded to pick up a stick and continued talking..

"... well I simply don't like having trust breached. Trust is what you need to form pacts like this. I already wasted some on a giant snake, and a weird space doctor.. and if I end up wasting it on a large rat man.."

Evan then broke the stick in half a few times.. it seemed that for a second, he had clenched his fists in rage.. but with no facial expressions, it would be impossible for someone to tell how he felt..

"... you'd very quickly find out what happens..."

Evan sighed, looking away... the rat man seemed really happy. TOO happy. Or.. maybe he was talking bull shit and simply didn't understand why someone would be THIS excited.

But.. Evan decided he'd stick with him, to keep the pact solid, and to keep an eye on him...

The chainsaw man it was.

The frog also stared at Mug-Lug, peeking its head out from Evan's hoodie again. It looked like a mix of curiosity and wariness...

Riven Riven Vermin King Vermin King [OPEN FOR INTERACTION]​

Mûg-Lûg

1596642320706.png

Mûg-Lûg flinched at Evan almost touching his snout again, showing teeth but still listened to his ally

After hearing Evan out Mûg-Lûg Shook his head

"I-I NEVER BREAK MY TREATY-PACTS!!!"

"Ally Evan You-You break my heart Yes-Yes..."

"I-I am No-No fool. I Too have had Many-Many bad Treaty-Pacts, Untrustworthy Vermin all of them."

"Evan we are in This-This Together now Yes-Yes, I-I Won't Betray unless You-You do Yes-Yes."

Mûg-Lûg Snorted, his happiness was dampend by his ally but Mûg-Lûg understood why Evan was cautious

For now things must move forward

and Mûg-Lûg would see the Dead-Things burn

He was looking forward to it

Riven Riven Birb Birb

"Hey hey!" Fluffington the Mighty calls out to Evan and Mûg-Lûg. "I know you wanna vote for him, but hear me out! He smells like a Muk and Garbador going at it in a sewer after Taco Tuesday! While this fine warrior only smells like a Weezing and Stuntank Making out in a small car.mid summer! You should vote for the less Smelly one!" Fluffington the Mighty explains, hoping to convince the two with her reasoning.
Birb Birb Riven Riven Vermin King Vermin King

Evan
1596679396241.png
Mûg-Lûg flinched at Evan almost touching his snout again, showing teeth but still listened to his ally

After hearing Evan out Mûg-Lûg Shook his head

"I-I NEVER BREAK MY TREATY-PACTS!!!"

"Ally Evan You-You break my heart Yes-Yes..."

"I-I am No-No fool. I Too have had Many-Many bad Treaty-Pacts, Untrustworthy Vermin all of them."

"Evan we are in This-This Together now Yes-Yes, I-I Won't Betray unless You-You do Yes-Yes."

Mûg-Lûg Snorted, his happiness was dampend by his ally but Mûg-Lûg understood why Evan was cautious

For now things must move forward

and Mûg-Lûg would see the Dead-Things burn

He was looking forward to it
"OK ok.. jesus.. I get it. Just being safe..."

Evan returned to being so very quiet.. silently staring... SO silent, the rat would be able to hear his.. oddly.. raspy breathing, and the sound of the air passing through his mask. They were indeed two different sounds..

".... I get it though.. no one likes having their trust breached, but no one likes having their trust being doubted either... apologies."

Evan rolled his shoulders a bit, and the frog hid back away, out of sight...

And that was when.... that... small thing.. had addressed him and Mug...
"Hey hey!" Fluffington the Mighty calls out to Evan and Mûg-Lûg. "I know you wanna vote for him, but hear me out! He smells like a Muk and Garbador going at it in a sewer after Taco Tuesday! While this fine warrior only smells like a Weezing and Stuntank Making out in a small car.mid summer! You should vote for the less Smelly one!" Fluffington the Mighty explains, hoping to convince the two with her reasoning.

"...... uh... is..."

Evan leaned a bit closer to his ally..

"... it's talking to US.. right??? Uhm..."

Evan stared blankly, and bug like at the eevee.

"... no."

"... Besides... something wrong with that?? I mean.. I lived for four years without being able to take a shower until recently. So.."

Evan would have called it's claims bull shit, but that might be going to far considering it was just some tiny creature...

Vermin King Vermin King Riven Riven DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

Mûg-Lûg

1596680234466.png

Mûg-Lûg looked towards the voice then down

This Voice was Fluffington the Mighty who looked like a cat in the eyes of Mûg-Lûg but not exactly a cat

The thought of a Cat-Thing speaking to him is worrying

"
What-What!?"

Shaking his head

"Our choice is made Cat-Thing You-You Cannot change our minds.
"

"
What-What the matter with smell, too Weak-Weak to handle it Hmm!?"

"If Mûg-Lûg not know better, I-I Would think You-You are a No-Fur in Disguise!"

Mûg-Lûg had little patience for anything smaller than him and less patience for cats

"Maybe an Elf-Thing..."

though slightly more for elves, but only slightly

"Our Choice is Chainsaw Man-Thing.
"

Mûg-Lûg Stared down Fluffington the Mighty expecting some form of retaliation

But Mûg-Lûg won't make the first move, this could go any way and would speak volumes about how Fluffington the Mighty operated

Riven Riven Birb Birb DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

"There is nothing wrong with a natural odor, especially if you've been adventuring for a long time and you wanted to rest but noooooooooo, the volcano is going to erupt any day now and we have to stop it now." Fluffington the Mighty begins to ramble a bit, turning in a circle as she rants"All I wanted was a quick nap and a dip, but instead we have to go into Heatran's Butt crack and stink like burnt fur and four hours of sweat.... Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, Natural Smells are alright, if avoidable, but what he smells like ain't all that Natural at all! It smells like a mix of Poison types and Steel types!" Fluffington the Mighty sneezes, it is high pitch and shakes her entire body in the reflexive flinch.
"Wait, what was I talking about?"
Her attention is then grabbed by the Giant Rattata. "Weak week? I don't have weak Weeks, I'm strong all the time! And I'll have you know that this fur is all Natural!" She flicks her tail and sparkles, before sticking her tongue out at Mûg-Lûg, like the child she is. "And once we find something to fight I'll prove it too!"
Vermin King Vermin King Birb Birb Riven Riven

Evan
1596775864937.png
Mûg-Lûg looked towards the voice then down

This Voice was Fluffington the Mighty who looked like a cat in the eyes of Mûg-Lûg but not exactly a cat

The thought of a Cat-Thing speaking to him is worrying

"
What-What!?"

Shaking his head

"Our choice is made Cat-Thing You-You Cannot change our minds.
"

"
What-What the matter with smell, too Weak-Weak to handle it Hmm!?"

"If Mûg-Lûg not know better, I-I Would think You-You are a No-Fur in Disguise!"
"......"

Evan would have said he agreed with Mug.. but he was more concerned with where this was going... by the looks of it, and from the earlier fight, the rat man had quite the short temper...

".... hey- hey... kid you might wanna-"

Before Evan could continue, Mug had interjected again.
Mûg-Lûg had little patience for anything smaller than him and less patience for cats

"Maybe an Elf-Thing..."

though slightly more for elves, but only slightly

"Our Choice is Chainsaw Man-Thing.
"

Mûg-Lûg Stared down Fluffington the Mighty expecting some form of retaliation

But Mûg-Lûg won't make the first move, this could go any way and would speak volumes about how Fluffington the Mighty operated
Evan continued looking back and forth at the two, not liking where this was going... it frightened him a bit, not that either of them could actually tell. Well. Other than a sharp, stuttering breath as the small creature continued to speak...
"There is nothing wrong with a natural odor, especially if you've been adventuring for a long time and you wanted to rest but noooooooooo, the volcano is going to erupt any day now and we have to stop it now." Fluffington the Mighty begins to ramble a bit, turning in a circle as she rants"All I wanted was a quick nap and a dip, but instead we have to go into Heatran's Butt crack and stink like burnt fur and four hours of sweat.... Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, Natural Smells are alright, if avoidable, but what he smells like ain't all that Natural at all! It smells like a mix of Poison types and Steel types!" Fluffington the Mighty sneezes, it is high pitch and shakes her entire body in the reflexive flinch.
"Wait, what was I talking about?"
Her attention is then grabbed by the Giant Rattata. "Weak week? I don't have weak Weeks, I'm strong all the time! And I'll have you know that this fur is all Natural!" She flicks her tail and sparkles, before sticking her tongue out at Mûg-Lûg, like the child she is. "And once we find something to fight I'll prove it too!"
"......."

Evan rather slowly put his hand on Mug's shoulder. Sure, it probably wouldn't stop him from trying to tear this small sparkly creature to shreds and turning it into a scarf, but perhaps it could distract him for a hot second...

".... Uh... yeah.... I'd agree with my ally here but. Im too busy praying he doesn't tear you to shreds and make a mess ten times worse than when a companion of mine tried fighting a 20 foot tall ape in a kitchen."

Evan shook his head, still breathing shakily.. he was.. indeed.. trying to diffuse the situation...

Vermin King Vermin King DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Riven Riven

Mûg-Lûg

1596814754554.png

Mûg-Lûg's head made a sharp turn as Evan placed his hand on his shoulder

A reflex, unintentional

"What-What?"

"Yes-Yes, Shred Many-Many No-Furs!!!"

Mûg-Lûg chittered with delight, remembering the past

"If I-I didn't know better Mûg-Lûg would think Sparkle-Thing is an Elf Pet."

"Mind made up Yes-Yes Our choice is final."

Riven Riven Birb Birb DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

Supergirl looked from the Hunter to Ash and then made up her mind.

“I will abstain! Both looking fitting enough to lead us!”

She smiled at the rest of her party.

“Man, I wished I had your sense of smell little one,” she says to Fluffington the Mighty, “enhanced smell is one of the powers I don’t have surprisingly enough! I’m not even sure what powers I do have at the moment to be honest.” She muttered. “Though picking a person based on smell is .... an interesting method of choice!”

Riven Riven
DerpyCarp DerpyCarp
Vermin King Vermin King
Birb Birb

The Eevee looks at Evan, silent for a second before speaking. "I want you to notice how tiny I am. Everything I fight is bigger than I am, and none of it has stopped me yet. And I've fought things that could roll over and trash half this town." Fluffington the Mighty turns to Supergirl, her paw waving lightly in warning. "I wouldn't advise it. While it is usually the best method of tracking someone down, sometimes you get stuck with super stinky companions that other people don't realize because their sniffers are weak. If we are unfortunate, then the guys we are hunting down will probably smell us coming a mile away, and plan an ambush, or strait up flee the area when we approach. Making this one big waste of time. It's happened before, we had to leave half the party behind because their stank kept getting in the way." Fluffington the Mighty explains, not just to Supergirl, but anyone who would listen.
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss P PopcornPie Riven Riven darkred darkred Vermin King Vermin King Birb Birb

"Hm...what are you suggesting, Darling?" Double knelt down. "Should we all take a bath first? I suppose it has been a while since I've bathed. Is there anything around that could give me the scent of lavender? Or-Oooh!-how about tangerine?"

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

"I would for sure advise taking a bath. I was going to give myself a quick wash before we went out." Fluffington the Mighty nods. "And as far as covering our scents with something else, we just need to find a field or something with Lavender or something." The Eevee moves just out of sight, behind a hay bale and begins to groom herself, starting with cleaning her face.
P PopcornPie Riven Riven

Double ran a finger through their hair, touching several snaggles on the way down. "I should wash, too. An actor can't go out with their hair all full of grease and tangles."

Both the Hunter and Ash would turn to look at each other with perked eyebrows, definitely a bit unsure of what the devils were the group in front of them's thinking process. Ash would nod and shrug, throwing his chainsaw arm over his shoulder, "Alrighty kiddos, that works for me." The capped Hunter would nod as well, giving Ash a pat on the shoulder before tipping his cap to the group, "I'll make my way to the bar for a drink and start my rounds. Take good care then." Then he was off, the sounds of gravel and dirt as his boots made to the bar, with Abe right behind with his cart.

Ash would then turn back to you all, giving a nod as he smirks, "Alright, so here's how this works." The bladed armed maniac would toss onto the floor a wrapped scroll, kicking it with a foot to unravel its contents within. "This is Blackwood", he taps a massive circled location in the somewhat center of the aged map, "We're about a day or two from over. Here." He taps his foot once more, now along a drawn line to a strange imprint with an X crossing it.

"We didn't exactly know how many are there, but we DO know that that X is right where everything is sourced from. We'll work out a more solidified situation once we're there, any questions? Concerns?" Ash asks you all as he scoops up the map with his one hand.

The Cast

Starring:

@thefinalgirl as Valentine

darkred darkred as John Connor

@QizPizza as John Wick

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss as Super Girl

Birb Birb as Evan

@jigglesworth as Captain John Price

@MysticPainter92 as Eden Strife

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp as Fluffington The Mighty

Vermin King Vermin King as Mûg-Lûg

P PopcornPie as Double Trouble

@Lazaro1505 as The Abomination

@GeorgeTownRaja as Bayonetta

Evan
1597684882096.png
Mûg-Lûg's head made a sharp turn as Evan placed his hand on his shoulder

A reflex, unintentional

"What-What?"

"Yes-Yes, Shred Many-Many No-Furs!!!"

Mûg-Lûg chittered with delight, remembering the past

"If I-I didn't know better Mûg-Lûg would think Sparkle-Thing is an Elf Pet."

"Mind made up Yes-Yes Our choice is final."
"... oh. Right. Sorry."

Evan removed his hand, very slowly. The more he talked to this new... friend?? The more he noticed, he had rather animal like behavior. Well actually... yeah.. he was a rat... Evan wasn't sure what he expected really...
The Eevee looks at Evan, silent for a second before speaking. "I want you to notice how tiny I am. Everything I fight is bigger than I am, and none of it has stopped me yet. And I've fought things that could roll over and trash half this town." Fluffington the Mighty turns to Supergirl, her paw waving lightly in warning. "I wouldn't advise it. While it is usually the best method of tracking someone down, sometimes you get stuck with super stinky companions that other people don't realize because their sniffers are weak. If we are unfortunate, then the guys we are hunting down will probably smell us coming a mile away, and plan an ambush, or strait up flee the area when we approach. Making this one big waste of time. It's happened before, we had to leave half the party behind because their stank kept getting in the way." Fluffington the Mighty explains, not just to Supergirl, but anyone who would listen.
".... yeah and I want you to notice that I couldn't give a rats a..."

Evan stopped himself and looked at Mug. Perhaps he'd have to watch his speech a little more closely...

".... couldn't give two shits."
Ash would then turn back to you all, giving a nod as he smirks, "Alright, so here's how this works." The bladed armed maniac would toss onto the floor a wrapped scroll, kicking it with a foot to unravel its contents within. "This is Blackwood", he taps a massive circled location in the somewhat center of the aged map, "We're about a day or two from over. Here." He taps his foot once more, now along a drawn line to a strange imprint with an X crossing it.

"We didn't exactly know how many are there, but we DO know that that X is right where everything is sourced from. We'll work out a more solidified situation once we're there, any questions? Concerns?" Ash asks you all as he scoops up the map with his one hand.
"... OH- uh... two days... two whole... days...."

"... fuck."

Evan put his head in his hands, sighing... two whole.. days... that felt like a long ass time, for no reason...

".... two days isn't too long right?? I'm over exaggerating it in my head surely???"

Evan looked at his rat companion, and... even with a mask..it was easy to see he was a tad bit put off and distressed from the thought.

Two. Whole. Days.

Vermin King Vermin King DerpyCarp DerpyCarp Riven Riven

Mûg-Lûg

1597692553232.png

Mûg-Lûg grunted, agitated with the notion of travel

Though he understood its importance of it

Turning to evan hearing his distress

"We won't walk like No-Furs, we will find chariot or wheel Yes-Yes."

The warlord leaned in and whispered to Evan

Maybe we Look-Search for Horse-Things or Trick Cat-Thing over there to pull cart hmmm?"

Mûg-Lûg chittered

The notion that that thing could pull a group this big for two days

Was funny to the warlord

Birb Birb Riven Riven DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

"Don't you worry, two days is nothing for adventuring travels. Sometimes you have to wait weeks to cross the ocean!" Fluffington the Mighty calls out from behind the hay bale as she continues to groom herself. She walks out somehow even more sparkly than before, with a normal sized backpack full of adventuring gear. Normal sized for a normal human that is, it's actually bigger than the Eevee carrying it, not that she seems to notice. "Are we all going to arrive as a group, or get nearby and then surround the place?" Fluffington the Mighty turns her attention to Ash.
Birb Birb Riven Riven P PopcornPie Vermin King Vermin King

“If I weren’t part of the group, I could just fly there....” Supergirl says, looking around at the group sheepishly as she shrugs. “I could fly each of us there - I am strong enough.”

Riven Riven

Double rubbed their chin as their glowing eyes surveyed the map. Such a difficult choice to make, such riches and dangers available whichever way you cut. "Like Fluffington, I can go a long ways, especially now that my shapeshifting is restored. I could become an eagle, take to the skies!" Scaly arms spread wide across the room. "Or I could become a camel, it would be slow, but I wouldn't have to worry about running out of water."

Next thing they heard, Mug-Lug was murmuring about finding a horse to pull a cart. It allowed Double to realize what they'd just implied, and they started to back away, ears drooping and head slipping into their shoulders.

Double rubbed their chin as their glowing eyes surveyed the map. Such a difficult choice to make, such riches and dangers available whichever way you cut. "Like Fluffington, I can go a long ways, especially now that my shapeshifting is restored. I could become an eagle, take to the skies!" Scaly arms spread wide across the room. "Or I could become a camel, it would be slow, but I wouldn't have to worry about running out of water."

Next thing they heard, Mug-Lug was murmuring about finding a horse to pull a cart. It allowed Double to realize what they'd just implied, and they started to back away, ears drooping and head slipping into their shoulders.
Supergirl looks at double trouble and having heard Mug’s statement, “I would recommend taking to the skies.... those two can walk....” She smirked a bit. “Besides I need someone to talk to!” She smiles.

Fluffington the Mighty looks between Supergirl and Double, before tilting her head and scratching her ear with her back foot. "I can Copycat your flying and Fly as well!!" The little idiot announced, no doubt in her voice.
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss P Punkypine

"Great!" Double surmised happily, pacing smoothly. "In fact...suppose we found a place in the sky to perch. We could be the spies! Fluffington, darling, you're the smallest, so you'd crawl into crevices the easiest. Meanwhile, I could shift from eagle to sparrow."

"Great!" Double surmised happily, pacing smoothly. "In fact...suppose we found a place in the sky to perch. We could be the spies! Fluffington, darling, you're the smallest, so you'd crawl into crevices the easiest. Meanwhile, I could shift from eagle to sparrow."
“I can use my farsight to warn the group of danger!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back