• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Reality Check! - A Multiversal Dnd Game, turned Aventure

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Riven

Actors: Accepted

Interviews: Complete

Cast: Hired

"Ah yes, I see I see, thank you for your input! Now, if you would please, to the waiting room!"

Well, that's what followed after for every single one of you. The figure nods as he scribbled in every bit of info he received from you all, before snapping his fingers, the bright light blinding you and returning you to a world of Darkness, pure Darkness. One by one, all of you began appearing in this place, to a total of eleven of you altogether in this strange abyss with some very odd sounding music. If any of you had any abilities, you all begin to notice also that your abilities have been almost what seems to feel like deactivated, as well as any sorts of weapons or equipment on you prior during the interview has vanished, hmm. Strange.

Despite being completely dark, you're able to feel around and notice chairs and couches of various sizes, and despite being a dark room, you can all see and tell each other's various expressions and features rather well as if it was a brightly lit room. A big table with a large red rug beneath can be seen with several bowls that appear to be filled with various snacks of Crackers, Peanuts, and what seemed to smell like freshly popped popcorn, as well as an office style water jug/fountain with stacks of cups beside it.

Among it all, if you would care to take a look around, the vast emptiness of the place seemed to stretch to forever. The walls and the ceiling, seeing like a small room, have the appearance of vast emptiness that seemed to stretch indefinitely. Through all of the music if you tried to listen carefully, you can hear the sounds of various voices, seemingly like loud and very, "god-like." Various different voices from pitches to words, evidently, you're not alone in here.

"THIS BETTER NOT BE A WASTE OF TIME Y'KNOW, I COULD BE OFF CAUSING SOME RAPID FIRE CHAOS RIGHT NOW! BUT INSTEAD I'M HERE TO OBSERVE SOMETHING THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW YET UNTIL IT STARTS!"

"Oh come on you wacky egotistical shape! *burp* He knows we ALL have things to do! *burp* But he wouldn't- *cough* have brought us here unless it was at least, the utmost, of, Interest."

"Quite right indeed my fellows. For there to be of something of interest on the multiversal scale, it has to be, absolutely spectacular!"

"Hey guys listen, I was just told to be here cause I heard there was gonna be food here this time, unlike the last time with our little hangout book club. If you wanted to bring me here, could've at least told me to bring my own snack instead of assuming we know to! Now, pass me over those nachos!"

"Hey wait, this is a book club? I uh, thought this was some basement game that we all agreed to come to. You made me really leave my kingdom for another book club?"

"You are all absolute loons, now, keep yourselves busy as I get the table set and the dice out!"

Hmm, well, something seems to be going on out there. Looks like ya got a few minutes to kill though, come now, enjoy the refreshments and the music while the stage is being set!

The Cast

Starring:

FactionGuerrilla FactionGuerrilla as Gundalf aka CL4P-TP

thefinalgirl thefinalgirl as Valentine

darkred darkred as John Connor

QizPizza QizPizza as John Wick

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss as Super Girl

Birb Birb as Evan

jigglesworth jigglesworth as Captain John Price

MysticPainter92 MysticPainter92 as Eden Strife

DerpyCarp DerpyCarp as Fluffington The Mighty

Vermin King Vermin King as Mûg-Lûg

P PopcornPie as Double Trouble

Last edited:
John Connor
OpenSlowHydra-size_restricted.gif

John Connor blinked as he sat on a couch, actually forcing himself to be comfy.

"What the hell did we sign up for?"

The solider didn't sit for long as he paced the floor, trying to relax and adjust to the sudden darkness.

"Well for fuck's sake, at least there's no terminators here. Just my luck."

Riven Riven

"Oh? This isn't the stage..." The Etherian's ears fell as they entered the dark room. Their pupils had widened into oblongs, and their tail slithered all around their surroundings. "I'm starting to think we've been arrested..." Then again, did prisons usually carry such comfy-feeling chairs? And such yummy smelling snacks? But they were told to wait here, and with nobody around, anything could have been being prepared behind their backs.

Regardless of the confusion, Double turned to all their new friends. "Greetings, darlings. I'm Double Trouble. Looks like we've been brought to discuss something, or maybe we're being discussed about. I know, I'll become a fly on the wall and see what's going on." Then they closed their eyes, spread out their limbs...and nothing happened. "...Huh?" They flicked their tail, seeing if it would grow hair. It remained smooth.

"...Well, if I can't shapeshift, we're doomed." Double sighed out their reptilian nostrils as they took a cozy seat. "Should have known that taking the role of Peekablu would have caught up to me eventually. All right, what's the sentence? Where's my cell? When do I get my one phone call?" They popped one handful of each snack into their mouth.

930e86005ba74cdf3f4897f88e9d1129.jpg

John Connor sighed and eyed the one person or whatever... Double Trouble called themselves.

"What are you supposed to be anyway, stranger. You said you can "shapeshift."

John frowned, trying to make mental notes on these strange beings so far.

P PopcornPie Riven Riven

"I prefer to call it 'wardrobe changing', darling, but whatever floats your boat." Double crossed their legs. Despite the bleakness of their situation, they still grinned smugly at John. "As for my current form, this is my go-to. Just a little bit of everything. Too bad I can't show you my best roles..."

darkred darkred

1592670851247.png

"Do you treat every situation as if it's a game to you?"

The solider squeezed his head in annoyance.

This was going to be a lonnnng whatever it was.

John once again shook his head and moved toward some of the food, lightly eating it.

P PopcornPie Riven Riven

Evan
1592671183260.png
Well, that's what followed after for every single one of you. The figure nods as he scribbled in every bit of info he received from you all, before snapping his fingers, the bright light blinding you and returning you to a world of Darkness, pure Darkness. One by one, all of you began appearing in this place, to a total of eleven of you altogether in this strange abyss with some very odd sounding music. If any of you had any abilities, you all begin to notice also that your abilities have been almost what seems to feel like deactivated, hmm. Strange.
Evan suddenly realized something.

WHAT the FUCK was he doing here!? Did he even remember or know!? Had he known earlier and just forgot!? PROBABLY!!

"WAIT, WHAT the F-"

Sadly, the masked man was interrupted by some.. flashing light... at the same time, a small croak was heard from SOMEWHERE in the room. It was coming from Evan.

As Evan slowly regained his composure, looking around in the dark room, a few more tiny RIBBITS were heard, but that probably wasn't important right????
Despite being completely dark, you're able to feel around and notice chairs and couches of various sizes, and despite being a dark room, you can all see and tell each other's various expressions and features rather well as if it was a brightly lit room. A big table with a large red rug beneath can be seen with several bowls that appear to be filled with various snacks of Crackers, Peanuts, and what seemed to smell like freshly popped popcorn, as well as an office style water jug/fountain with stacks of cups beside it.
"Where. The everloving. Fuck."

He shivered a bit, not.. necessarily liking what was going on. There were others here. He hated that. He was already sick of dealing with those.. scaley... nasty bastards. Except Jhaake, of course. Who couldn't love Jhaake, other than Ophidious, but who cares about Ophidious!!
Among it all, if you would care to take a look around, the vast emptiness of the place seemed to stretch to forever. The walls and the ceiling, seeing like a small room, have the appearance of vast emptiness that seemed to stretch indefinitely. Through all of the music if you tried to listen carefully, you can hear the sounds of various voices, seemingly like loud and very, "god-like." Various different voices from pitches to words, evidently, you're not alone in here.
Evan slowly turned around, taking in the area... It was surprising, a bit intimidating.... not to mention... he thought he heard something.. something that did NOT make him happy.
"THIS BETTER NOT BE A WASTE OF TIME Y'KNOW, I COULD BE OFF CAUSING SOME RAPID FIRE CHAOS RIGHT NOW! BUT INSTEAD I'M HERE TO OBSERVE SOMETHING THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW YET UNTIL IT STARTS!"

"Oh come on you wacky egotistical shape! *burp* He knows we ALL have things to do! *burp* But he wouldn't- *cough* have brought us here unless it was at least, the utmost, of, Interest."

"Quite right indeed my fellows. For there to be of something of interest on the multiversal scale, it has to be, absolutely spectacular!"

"Hey guys listen, I was just told to be here cause I heard there was gonna be food here this time, unlike the last time with our little hangout book club. If you wanted to bring me here, could've at least told me to bring my own snack instead of assuming we know to! Now, pass me over those nachos!"

"Hey wait, this is a book club? I uh, thought this was some basement game that we all agreed to come to. You made me really leave my kingdom for another book club?"

"You are all absolute loons, now, keep yourselves busy as I get the table set and the dice out!"
"What. The actual shit."

It was obvious this individual, Evan, swore a lot. As any normal person does, right?????

He wasn't enjoying what he was hearing. Something... something above them. Although, they didn't really sound malicious, it was hard to really tell when you haven't really interacted with people in years due to lack of other living things on your planet...
Hmm, well, something seems to be going on out there. Looks like ya got a few minutes to kill though, come now, enjoy the refreshments and the music while the stage is being set!
While Evan began looking up, perhaps for something that wasn't actually there, a few more little croaks were heard from him. God KNOWS where they are ACTUALLY coming from directly, but it sounds like they are coming from Evan...

MENTIONS: Riven Riven
[OPEN FOR INTERACTION]​

1592669782396.png
Valentine

"Table and dice?"

The ninja nurse asked to herself as she proceeded to look around at the other contestants that were in the same room with her. Something didn't sit right with her. Valentine moved her eyes towards the first person that spoke, a well-built man with what appeared to be some kind of soldier outfit. He seemed like he would be a part of the Black Egrets, the Canopy Kingdom's army. He could use a few surgeries here and there, some synthetic parasites to buff him up along with weapon parts to increase his offensive capabilities. However, that was not the main focus of what she was in. Valentine was in a game show of some sort. She was there to have fun, not to focus on research for Lab 0's development in military weapons.

The next person that spoke up was some kind of otherworldly creature. Valentine recognized her traits as being similar to some of the species that lived within her world, but the way she acted was extremely different to how they normally were. Still, she was quite talkative, which did annoy Valentine, but she's used to much worse. "Double, honey, I'm pretty sure we're enlisted for some kind of game show," Valentine casually responded to her inquiry about her sentence and cell. She proceeded to grab a bar of dark chocolate in between her breasts, snacking on them as they're oddly not melted yet. The other soldier seemed to bicker with Double, in which she responded with, "Well, at least we're still alive and not dead. Still, I'm sure that the producers are forcing us to sit here to mingle with each other before the actual show starts."

Her face was oddly in a constant expression of relaxed, feeling like she knows how some of this 'Reality TV' thing works. In reality, she has been binge-watching too many dating shows over quarantine. As odd as the situation was, Valentine was slightly used to gods being ungraceful. The Holy Trinity was odd and their personalities often clashed. Their right-hand woman, Double the Shapeshifting Nun, was a literal monster who liked to eat men because of Mother's ideals. "Wait," Valentine proceeded to grab a few bite-sized pretzels and eat them along with her bar of dark chocolate, having a sensation of deliciousness and richness wash over her. "Much better."

Interactions: P PopcornPie darkred darkred @anybodyelsenearby

"A game?" Double threw their arms out wide. "Life, darling, is a theatre! Unfortunately, all characters must be written out eventually..." They took some M&Ms, melted it in their hand, and used the chocolate to slather a bullseye on their forehead. "Might as well go out in style."

That's when a woman spoke up. "They disabled my shapeshifting." Double replied flatly, their brow wrinkling. "That is absolutely not a good sign. Well, you're right. We'll get to know each other before the inevitable." They looked around. "So! Is anyone else a mercenary?"

darkred darkred thefinalgirl thefinalgirl

Mûg-Lûg
1592670038660.png
Weapon's at the ready, the rat warlord scanned the room sizing up these new face's.
Making sure none of them have a good view of his back, Mûg-Lûg eyes the table of refreshment's with his beady hungry eyes.

Muttering to himself
"Hmmm.. Reptile-Thing and-and a Elf-Thing, many-many Man-Thing's too Hmmm keep an eye on them I will yes-yes."

With caution Mûg-Lûg makes his way to the table shooting each being a glance to make sure they arn't the sneaking-stabing type from home

Speaking openly
"They say we can Feast-Feast?

The others were seen eating from the table, seeing that they had not fallen over from poisoning, Mûg-Lûg seized the moment to stuff his hungry chops with crackers happily chewing away at the plentiful and fresh food source.

Riven Riven
open for interaction​

"Geez Louise kiddos, no need to worry about anything too rash now!", the words came from a voice from within where these otherworldly voice's directions, however, this one sounded actually a bit closer. Almost as if, it was directing towards you all in the room through the music, not talking to the other voices not here. "You're not in prison, and I guess I can say you're not Technically on a game show!"

This voice, while the others seemed relatively normal, sounded very, very high pitched, like, almost like some toon character, accompanied by some what seems to be the sounds of tumbles and knocks of wood. "You're currently in a sort of locked out world of Limbo, as for abilities and weapons, yeah they've all been confiscated so ya don't end up killing each other!"

The strange high pitched entity seemed to be making sounds of worry as one of the other ethereal voices can be heard in the background. "Listen, I don't have much time and I gotta go, but don't treat this like some kind of game and don't trust HIM either! Enjoy the snacks and peace for now!"

The sounds of a crash and hastily sounding footsteps can be heard as that particular voice and character seemed to run off and disappear. Leaving the lot of you still to talk amongst yourselves and the earlier sounds of a crowd.

Well, that answered a little and brought up a lot. "So...Limbo." Double tilted their head. "So...that means we're dead, right? Isn't Limbo the space between Heaven and Hell?"

He felt a jolt of resentment when the reason for his shapeshifting being taken was revealed. "Kill?! I don't kill with my acting, I just kill with my acting!" They shrugged at everyone with a grin. "That makes sense, right?"

Most troubling was the news that someone they were trapped with wasn't trustworthy. Hm...the best guess would be the one who interviewed them...

Kara should have known that whatever that bloody imp was planning wasn't good, Mr. M wasn't the type to play around or rather he was but his playing around usually had serious consequences.

So when she was thrust into a dark room with numerous strangers she knew there was trouble, and to confirm this, she tried to use X-ray vision but found that she couldn't. This wasn't good. If
she was depowered then what hope did the rest have!? She was probably the strongest being here. Or so she thought.

”Okay we are in serious trouble - there are beings talking about us and I don't have my powers, so whatever this is, it's bound to screw us over!”

She sat down on one if the chairs, head in her hands.

Riven Riven

Open for interaction.

Mûg-Lûg

1592673914293.png

Looking alarmed "What-What?! There are more!"

scanning the room again Mûg-Lûg now notice's his firm grip is empty, his shield and sword are gone.

Any other skaven would cower or panic but not Mûg, standing straight he tried to appear composed, soon hearing the "Reptile-Thing's" statement of killing with their acting" followed by the female "Man-thing's" statement of the current situation, that got Mûg-Lûg's attention.

Mûg-Lûg tried to get the female Man-Thing's attention

"You-You! Female! You-You know something about this maybe Yes-Yes? What Plan?!"

Riven Riven PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss
Open For Interation

Mûg-Lûg

View attachment 745968

Looking alarmed "What-What?! There are more!"

scanning the room again Mûg-Lûg now notice's his firm grip is empty, his shield and sword are gone.

Any other skaven would cower or panic but not Mûg, standing straight he tried to appear composed, soon hearing the "Reptile-Thing's" statement of killing with their acting" followed by the female "Man-thing's" statement of the current situation, that got Mûg-Lûg's attention.

Mûg-Lûg tried to get the female Man-Thing's attention

"You-You! Female! You-You know something about this maybe Yes-Yes? What Plan?!"

Open For Interation
She looked up at what appeared to be some sort of large rat man, and she groaned, her feminist pride hurt a bit.

“My name is not female,” she sighed, a little exasperated as she leaned back, “it’s Supergirl, and as for the plan, I don’t know but if I know Mr. M, it’s not good. I’m one of the strongest beings in my world so ..... I would guess he’s going to use us for his own amusement for a while or at least until he gets bored!”

Riven Riven Vermin King Vermin King

Mûg-Lûg
ratte.png

"Supergirl? Strange name.. Or-Or Maybe Title!"

Shaking his head briskly and grumbling under his breath.

"I am Strongest in my realm Yes-Yes."

Biting back his Verminus Pride for the sake of a brighter future Mûg-Lûg refrains from boasting about his deeds and return's to the point.

"Amusment?! What-What happen's when he gets Bored-Tired?"

Mûg-Lûg twitches sporatically, normally a twitch like this would depict fear or paranoia but in his realm that twitch was a tell tale sign that the warlord was growing impatient, either wishing for combat or a scheme to bring about victory over the problem

Open For Interaction​

Mûg-Lûg
ratte.png

"Supergirl? Strange name.. Or-Or Maybe Title!"

Shaking his head briskly and grumbling under his breath.

"I am Strongest in my realm Yes-Yes."

Biting back his Verminus Pride for the sake of a brighter future Mûg-Lûg refrains from boasting about his deeds and return's to the point.

"Amusment?! What-What happen's when he gets Bored-Tired?"

Mûg-Lûg twitches sporatically, normally a twitch like this would depict fear or paranoia but in his realm that twitch was a tell tale sign that the warlord was growing impatient, either wishing for combat or a scheme to bring about victory over the problem

Open For Interaction​
“Send us back? Kill us? I don’t know at this point!” Kara sighed, why couldn’t they have gotten her cousin? He knew how to deal with Mr. Mr. M. And he’s much more experienced with this sort of stuff.

1592679357055.png

So anybody in this room know who exactly we are dealing with?"

He stopped eating and looked back at the woman with the colored S on her chest.

"Supergirl, right? You know the name of one of them? A Mr. M?

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Riven Riven

Mûg-Lûg

ratte.png

the warlord's whiskers were on end's his involuntary twtich worsened, his composure broken the warlord growl's followed by screeching in frustration

"DAMN-DAMN IT ALL!!!"

holding onto his head Mûg-Lûg shuffle's away from super girl snarling and grumbling, until he finds a spot as far from the others as he can and crouch's down.

now at a safe distance from the others the warlord speak's quietly to himself, hoping his god would hear him.

"Stuck-Stuck in here with Many-Many thing's, still being Spied on by Other-Thing's. Not Good-Good... Reptile-Thing's, Elf-Thing's and now Super-Thing's. Need a way Out-Out, back to the Warren's but How-How!"

Riven Riven
Open For Interaction

View attachment 745986

So anybody in this room know who exactly we are dealing with?"

He stopped eating and looked back at the woman with the colored S on her chest.

"Supergirl, right? You know the name of one of them? A Mr. M?

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Riven Riven

“Yes. My cousin dealt with him. He’s a reality warping imp that loves to freaking mess around. I call him Mr. M because his actual name is too hard to pronounce....”

she grabs some food, and eats, who knows when she will get food again!

darkred darkred Riven Riven

Evan
C3EE1542-1F87-4BCC-962A-CB54EE6EBEEF.jpeg
"Geez Louise kiddos, no need to worry about anything too rash now!", the words came from a voice from within where these otherworldly voice's directions, however, this one sounded actually a bit closer. Almost as if, it was directing towards you all in the room through the music, not talking to the other voices not here. "You're not in prison, and I guess I can say you're not Technically on a game show!"

This voice, while the others seemed relatively normal, sounded very, very high pitched, like, almost like some toon character, accompanied by some what seems to be the sounds of tumbles and knocks of wood. "You're currently in a sort of locked out world of Limbo, as for abilities and weapons, yeah they've all been confiscated so ya don't end up killing each other!"

The strange high pitched entity seemed to be making sounds of worry as one of the other ethereal voices can be heard in the background. "Listen, I don't have much time and I gotta go, but don't treat this like some kind of game and don't trust HIM either! Enjoy the snacks and peace for now!"

The sounds of a crash and hastily sounding footsteps can be heard as that particular voice and character seemed to run off and disappear. Leaving the lot of you still to talk amongst yourselves and the earlier sounds of a crowd.
“.... wait AYE NO YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE- GET YOUR ASS- UGH...”

Evan was indeed, screaming at the voice... however it was also rather muffled due to his mask. Sounded very gargly and weird..

Another little ribbit would be heard from him.
now at a safe distance from the others the warlord speak's quietly to himself, hoping his god would hear him.

"Stuck-Stuck in here with Many-Many thing's, still being Spied on by Other-Thing's. Not Good-Good... Reptile-Thing's, Elf-Thing's and now Super-Thing's. Need a way Out-Out, back to the Warren's but How-How!"
He grumbled a bit, kicking the floor gently with his foot.. it seemed... he would have... to SOCIALIZE... A A A A A....

“........”

It was then that Evan noticed some... well... large rat man... somehow more angry than HE was. While at first.. he looked off put. But did he really want to talk to a bunch of Prim and Proper looking Probably Pompous Pieces of fuck?? Or someone who seemed more on his level of uh... existence.

Rat man it is...

Evan slowly, and rather apathetically approached from behind, and stood there, kicking the floor, a bit hunched over with his hands in his hoodie’s pocket, staring blankly and waiting for the rat man to notice....

Vermin King Vermin King Riven Riven

Mûg-Lûg

ratte.png

while starting on his scheme of escape Mûg-Lûg began to pick up a scent someone was coming toward's him

with a sharp turn of the head Mûg-Lûg looked over his shoulder and saw a Man-Thing that was wearing a mask similar to his own

could it be possible he was from a different world were Clan Skryre's technology got into Man-Thing hands

turning to face the Man-Thing Mûg-Lûg chittered and chuckled

"You-You have good taste in gear Yes-Yes and can sneak-sneak but need's work."

as soon as he was on his feet Mûg-Lûg asked

"Where-Where did you find That-That mask? It is similar to mine but Shorter, tell Me-Me do you know What-What we can do to scamper-scurry away from this place?"

it is often common place for skaven to make allys with common interest's or even to combat a larger problem but in most cases alliances with skaven are short lived and often end with attempted assassination, however Mûg-Lûg has lived longer than most skaven and has grown more experienced, learning that dependable allys can be more beneficial in the long term.

Riven Riven Birb Birb

Evan
DDB71E6D-3EF2-4A17-A31B-3C78F922871A.jpeg

turning to face the Man-Thing Mûg-Lûg chittered and chuckled

"You-You have good taste in gear Yes-Yes and can sneak-sneak but need's work."
“...... uh... Yeah. I wasn’t sneaking, I wanted you to notice me.”

As Evan reached up, rubbing his head in confusion... what looked like... a tiny, teal green frog emerged from behind Evan, resting on his shoulder! That’s where the croaking had come from!!
"Where-Where did you find That-That mask? It is similar to mine but Shorter, tell Me-Me do you know What-What we can do to scamper-scurry away from this place?"

it is often common place for skaven to make allys with common interest's or even to combat a larger problem but in most cases alliances with skaven are short lived and often end with attempted assassination, however Mûg-Lûg has lived longer than most skaven and has grown more experienced, learning that dependable allys can be more beneficial in the long term.
“.... the mask eh... it’s not like yours. It helps me breath in places where the air isn’t uh... all too good for you. Yours is just.... dec... or... a... tive...?”

The frog stared at Mûg-Lûg with its large, round eyes... before opening its mouth to almost smile at him!

“.... but slow down tiger... uh... actually... rat...”

“.....”

“It’s too early for us to just be trying to get out. We don’t exactly know WHERE we are in the first place, or what were are here for. But... I do have a hunch we could have an opportunity soon. I swear if we meet wherever those voices come from I’m gonna fuckin scrape their nails on chalkboards and then make them try to open oranges.... with cuts on their hands....”

The man grumbled again, continuing to kick the ground. The frog, being the exact opposite, looked happy, and content!! And just stared at Mûg-Lûg in curiosity!

Vermin King Vermin King

Users who are viewing this thread

Back