• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Realistic Fantasy Kingdom Interest Check!

Phantomelda

Your friendly neighborhood ghost
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey everyone! I haven't roleplayed in several months to a year. I have been roleplaying and writing for going on about 12-13 years. I wanted to do something kind of fun to get back into RPing though and was looking for something a little exciting. The plot is open for suggestions. Do you have any ideas? I would love to hear them! Since this is only an interest check I'm not going to format this all pretty but in the future, I will. c:

Plot Points:
  • Fantasy kingdom where people have the capability of magic of all kinds. That includes fire, water, earth, wind, ice, shape-shifting, teleportation, death, and healing. I can provide a specific breakdown on those abilities and what restricts them.
  • Magic has been dwindling over the past several decades so there are fewer and fewer people with magic in their blood.
  • Our story will take place where magic one day went out, several years ago. Life has been adjusting ever since for many reasons.
  • Our characters are all in a place of survival while also dealing with the threat of an oncoming force looking to snuff out any remains of magic and magic-users left in the world. Either they will die fighting, or they will succeed and bring magic use to life once again before the lines truly die out.

Absolutely! I would also love to hear any ideas or thoughts you might have. This is a pretty open idea and I am very open to ideas and suggestions. Whatever will make it more fun for everybody.

Are you guys in need of a villian? I have a idea for a anti-magic, physical powerhouse knight or mercenary tasked with killing mages-

I would love to be a pawn for whatever evil force is looking to snuff out magic

That sounds so fun! Would absolutely love to build off that idea. We could potentially have to parallel plots going on. One in favor of magic-users, and one in favor of killing off the last of magic-users.

Any other ideas or questions? I can get started on a character thread today

Miigght be interested. Doing a lot right now, but this seems really cool! Reminds me of Game of Thrones in terms of a world where magic is slowly dying

That is a good comparison! I don't know how expansive this world could be in comparison to GOT, but that is an idea we could also work with? Taken elements such as dying magic. We could always discuss the limits of all the magic, creatures, and races that inhabit this world.

That is a good comparison! I don't know how expansive this world could be in comparison to GOT, but that is an idea we could also work with? Taken elements such as dying magic. We could always discuss the limits of all the magic, creatures, and races that inhabit this world.
Actually, Game of Thrones is more magic was dead for centuries, but is all coming back at once. As for why magic is dying, I have a few ideas. Could be overuse? Maybe magic is a sort of energy, and constant use has made it so there's less of it around?

Running with the decline of magical ability, what if the ones destroying the abilities was targeting not the user themselves, but the magical talent that resided in their DNA, or their heritage, so to say. Like, magic is an inherited trait, instead of a learned one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back