Other Random question of the day

Not sure about today's question, but youtuber Schaffrillas Productions has a pretty good video on Disney's twist villains here which also gives some general pointers on why twist villains do/don't work pretty enjoyable watch

No answers to yesterday's question. What a shame. Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Random question of the day:

Is the internet a mistake when it allows people to behave differently from how they behave in real life?

Not a mistake by itself. It's only wrong when people misuse it.

No answers to yesterday's question. What a shame. Not sure if I asked this one before, but...

Is the internet a mistake when it allows people to behave differently from how they behave in real life?
no. I think people supplying a pretense and putting up a screen of who they are is a naturally occurring human condition for those that are overly reliant on the opinions of others in order to feel self-worth. I've known quite a few individuals irl who would act completely different around one set of friends than they would another. like a total 180. It made me wonder who they really were underneath the facade. Like, how much of them was put up, even around me, and who were they in a "natural" state?

This was completely without the internet. cultivating an online persona and falsifying an online pretense is just a facet of human nature being expressed through a media. It's nothing that wasn't there already.

in layman's terms: People are already fake about who they are, they internet just makes it easier for them to pretend. Don't blame th4e internet for people's disingenuity.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Do you mix well with people who are the opposite personality?
I'm a little of both. my husband told me I'm what's called an ambivert. In other words, I'm perfectly fine being on my own and having lots of time by myself. But I'm also fine with being out and dealing with people and being social. I used to be a big party girl, but I'm also perfectly content staying home for days on end.

As far as mixing well, I find that it's easier to deal with extroverts because it takes less effort for them to open up. And I don't have the time to tiptoe around getting someone to speak up if they clam up all the time. But eventually at work, the "quiet ones" will come around and start talking to me.

In situations where I can easily talk to anyone I don't know, I'm typically extroverted. But in larger crowds where I don't get much one on one time with people, I stay shy and stick to people I know.

Introvert. I consume extroverts in moderation.

I would definitely say I’m more of an introvert. The kinds of activity I prefer tend to be more the type to do on my own or with only a small number of people who there are mainly for the activity rather than the interaction. This isn’t to say I don’t try to go for social interaction and opening up even in large group settings, but I definitely tend to retreat into my own space if I’m not being able to successfully make conversations flow (a challenging task in of itself) and it tends to get to me to be around other people too much. I’m much more able to be friendly and socialize over more indirect settings or with people I’m close to, and more than anything if we have a topic in common I can hang on to use as the basis for the conversation.

You mean Facebook actually being shown in a movie etc? That's product placement and some shows/movies already do that with some brands.

You mean Facebook actually being shown in a movie etc? That's product placement and some shows/movies already do that with some brands.
No, like the characters in a movie/TV show/video game having Facebook accounts and sharing their adventures during their respective movie/TV show/video game on Facebook. There is a YouTube channel that does videos like this, such as "If Video Game Characters Had Text Messages" or "If The Walking Dead Had Facebook" and such.

No, like the characters in a movie/TV show/video game having Facebook accounts and sharing their adventures during their respective movie/TV show/video game on Facebook. There is a YouTube channel that does videos like this, such as "If Video Game Characters Had Text Messages" or "If The Walking Dead Had Facebook" and such.
I think I understand what you mean, but my opinion would be the same. If it appears in actual movie/show etc it would still be considered product placement, since Facebook is an actual brand and using it in a movie even as part of the lore, is still placing an existing product within a show.

If we talk about 'characters having social networks' in general, it's fun when it makes sense and actually fits the lore. Would be weird to have social networks in a medieval show, unless it's a parody. 😅 That's why I think these things are usually a part of fan creations, rather than actual shows.

rat as well. I'm a Wood Rat, to be precise. A lot of people don't know it, but there are elements attributed to the Chinese zodiac as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back