Other Random question of the day

I got an ad in French once. I can't speak French. I've never even met anyone who speaks French. There's no way the wiretap I call my cellphone would have ever been exposed to French.

Basically all of them. I hate ads, hence why I almost always have ad block on while on Youtube. I mostly use Youtube for listening to music anyway and I don't want my music interrupted by ads.

Equally toxic.

So much political bs.....

If I didn't have family on my FaceBook still, I would dump FaceBook. I'm already pretty close to dumping Twitter, as well. It is just a dumpster fire on both ends.

That's a toughy. On Facebook, you have to see friends and family saying terrible things. On twitter, it's just millions of strangers being awful to each other for likes.

Agree, total dumpster fire on both ends.

I agree with what's already been said, though I'd have to see Twitter's a little worse. Everyone seems to have the same traits: Self-righteousness, arrogance, smugness and a God Complex.

Facebook seems a lot more tame than Twitter currently. Neither are places I’d wanna be in, but all things considered Facebook just doesn’t have the same intensity of use as Twitter I believe.

Twitter.

Facebook is friends only. I just see what my friends post and most of the time it's innocuous stuff. While I have a couple of more conservative friends and a few on the outside lane of the left generally speaking most people share at least something of my values. Also on Facebook you can have a proper discussion which is pretty much impossible on Twitter.

Twitter is just people yelling into the void, and because people aren't friends they have no compunction about being rude/toxic. I'm also exposed to more of this crap on twitter because about 70% of the posts I see are posts from people I don't know or follow because people I do follow have liked them. Also most of the people I know who prefer twitter and don't have Facebook prefer it for all the reasons I hate it - the shouty shouty politics stuff.

I just all around hate twitter and the only reason I'm on it is for work. Since I'm not working at the moment I'm generally only using it for AITA and relationships.txt for light amusement.

I just wish there was a Facebook with no advertising and no creepy tracking data mining or billionaires.

I agree with what's already been said, though I'd have to see Twitter's a little worse. Everyone seems to have the same traits: Self-righteousness, arrogance, smugness and a God Complex.

It's because there's no room for a nuanced argument in 240 characters. Everyone sounds like they are being self righteous and arrogant even when they aren't trying to be, because every Tweet is like yelling short statements like "I HATE CHEESE!"

It's because there's no room for a nuanced argument in 240 characters. Everyone sounds like they are being self-righteous and arrogant even when they aren't trying to be, because every Tweet is like yelling short statements like "I HATE CHEESE!"
Yeah, that's very true. And yet people still love to debate politics on it so much for whatever reason.

I will say Twitter, but only because Facebook depends a lot on who you have added and the groups, they can both be equally toxic for sure, but at least for me I guess I will go with Twitter.

Don't forget all the toxic crap some celebrities pull on Twitter. XD Facebook has a tendency to censor things they don't agree with and Twitter outright disables people's posts if they don't agree with them either, deleting them from public view and effectively "canceling" them (I hate that term but its accurate)

Yes but Hollywood in general is a panderer. Money is more important than artistic integrity. Don't offend China, they have deep pockets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back