Other Random question of the day: The Discussions

This is obviously about the first Maleficent movie. There’s a scene with King Stefan where he sexually assaulted her and ripped her wings off. I don’t know why that was included it gives her character more of a tragic-sympathetic back ground. I prefer Maleficent to be evil for evil’s sake.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the entire point of the movie to show that Maleficent (in this version of the tale) isn't just "evil for evil's sake"? Sounds like a whole movie issue rather than just issue with that specific scene.

Murdergurl Murdergurl I’m possibly an ISFP but I test ISTP a lot for some reason… Probably bc I was raised by an aggressive INTJ. Lol
I forget what they all are, tbh. But I had taken the test a few times over the course of a couple years and I get the same thing each time. I forget what I am a lot of the time, but I remember the "type" and google it when I forget the acronym. "Virtuoso". I've never bothered trying to figure out what my parents are. But my husband is an INFJ.

You can like, although lately it feels that if you like something when the creator is bad, it's been frowned upon.

yeah, that's the whole "cancel culture" thing that has gotten WAY out of hand. People can't even enjoy themselves anymore without somebody having a conniption about the depiction of character A, or the thing that actor X did back in 1982. It's like, bruh... get a fuckin' life and let people like things. Not everything is a stage for your soapbox.

Wyndrunner Wyndrunner to clarify that thread is for AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat ’s questions, not for everyone to ask questions. Also I don’t think you should expect to be invited to RPs unless you’re already friends with someone prior or unless you mean something else by “invited” than what I am thinking.

I understand and I moved my question in separated thread. An I reffer at I wait other people call me in theyr RP. unfortunately, I have no friends here. Just yestarday I registered.

And

Excuse me for off-topic

I say that I will wait that other users call me into theyr RP threads

Onmyoji Onmyoji Well, Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 sees a lot of female superheroes emerging, and some Marvel fans view this as shameless pandering towards feminist groups or just liberal groups in general, hence why they refer to MCU's Phase 4 as the M-She-U. That's the context behind the question.

Fairfax Fairfax Yeah, I was explained on another forum that the Bechdel Test doesn't actually rate individuals, but rather how positively it portrays women in a film or TV show. So today's question can be disregarded as I posted this question with the assumption that the Bechdel Test was used for rating individual people when it wasn't the case.

AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat why specifically fanfiction (as opposed to the original fandom)? Is there something specific you have in mind?
Well, I'm struggling with thinking of ideas for my fan characters for certain fandoms I'm in. For the Sonic and Total Drama fandoms, I have created a lot of fan characters, and most of them end up going largely unused. That gives me the feeling that I'm doing a disservice to my fan characters by creating them only for them to gather mothballs in my character closet.

Not only that, but I also struggle with writing fan lore for fandoms like Sonic, mainly because I hate starting from scratch with writing lore for the Sonic fandom, and because I have confidence issues where I always feel that my new Sonic lore won't have the same spark as my old Sonic lore.

A friend of mine suggested to me that maybe I'm limiting myself in my writing by staying within the fanfiction realm of writing and suggested me to try and modify my fanfiction content to fit into a more original setting so that I'll be more legally flexible in my writing, and that's what inspired today's question.

All good, guys. It's okay that you didn't know this existed. I have it linked at the beginning of the original thread, but it makes sense that not everyone goes to check there for any links or other stuff. But yeah, this thread is for discussing any of the questions I ask in the original thread. Feel free to use it to discuss the questions I ask.

Lorsh Lorsh One example of a hero allowing evil to prosper is Sonic the Hedgehog. Even though Dr. Eggman has killed/roboticized thousands of people and nearly caused the end of the world as we know it countless times, Sonic continues to spare him at every opportunity just for the sake of it "giving himself a challenge and keep him from being bored". Because of such childish behavior, thousands of people keep dying, being wounded, or turned into mindless robots. Therefore, Sonic isn't a true hero, but rather an anti-hero; He's not good, or bad. Just a morally gray asshole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back