• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern r o s e s a n c t o r i u m ¬ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

48901617006_1e0a3d94f7_m.jpg
Nathaniel Evans

Vampire Geek - Gravitokinetic - Goth Kid

"They're out there, and someday I will find one."

a
With: [Sarah, Aaron, Devin, Aurora, Uriel, Bai, Zeke, Leonora, Aileen, Jordan]
Mood: [Helpful]

Nathaniel's long legs were physically shaking- he was scared out of his mind and just wanted to run away. Well, to be perfectly honest, he wanted to curl up into a ball and cry and have his mother come to take him home and make him feel safe, but that wasn't an option anymore, was it? The thought made him want to cry even more. He looked around miserably at the remains of what, up until a short while ago, had been a large and enjoyable party. Now there were discarded cups and broken glass everywhere and the place was a total mess. It almost made him laugh to think that, if he hadn't known any better, it actually just looked like the party had been a particularly rowdy one.

He chanced a glance over at the entrance, where several of the remaining kids were injured, and many of the others were visibly traumatized. It also seemed like many of them had... abilities. Jordan, although unconscious, was floating in midair. One of the girls was somehow completely coated in metal, and there seemed to be two Uriels. Dazed, Nathaniel felt like he needed to get away from all this and just think... Using the wall to help keep himself upright, he turned and began to walk slowly away from the scene, not knowing where he was heading. He ended up in the deserted kitchen, where he gratefully grabbed an empty cup and poured himself some water.

He stood there, simply drinking and breathing, for a long moment, and that seemed to help. Okay, he thought to himself. So now what? Those men had come for Uriel but had seemed surprised that the others had abilities as well. To Nathaniel, that meant it was almost certain that they would be after everyone else now too, and they needed to get out of there and somewhere safe. But at least two of them were in no fit condition to go anywhere... Nathaniel took off his hat and ran his hand through his hair, catching his reflection in a glass cabinet door. And me... I'm one too, aren't I? he thought.

The tears returned as he realized his foolish delight earlier in the day had been about nothing more than some weird ability. He stared at his reflection some more, feeling like a total idiot. A few moments later, his ceramic fangs lay discarded in the sink next to his contacts, and he was filling more cups with water. He walked back to the others with a new determination in his eyes, carrying a tray. He stopped first near the girl who had the headache and the nosebleed, offering her some water, before going towards the guy who was half-sitting, half-standing with the help of his friend.

"I think it would be a good idea if people got a drink..." he said timidly. "I'm sure you're all dehydrated."

OOC: Aww he's so cute :3

Last edited:
He took Eira rolling her eyes at him in stride, something she seemed to have done at least 20 times in their interactions with one another. "No one asked you to believe me, I only asked you to be on your way." The male always seemed to have some sort of comeback ready at all times.

"I know I am," he chuckled, sounding dismissive and unbothered by Eira's comment about him being infuriating. Shaking his head, he thought to himself, She's the one who decided to put up with me and she might as well be a princess with how much she's been spoiled. The male then noticed a thin coating of ice on the doorframe of the kitchen. Fuck, I forgot about that. Feeling apprehensive, Ibuki went over to the window that looked out over the front yard. There she was, sending him a glare before turning away and walking away from his house. Ice had begun to cover her skin, and shivers wrecked her body with each step. Don't tell me she's going to pass out again.

He had wanted to stay home, but those thoughts were sidelined by worry. Rushing out to catch up Eira, he touched her shoulder. "Ugh, can't you handle being a moment without me?" He asked rhetorically, masking his concern with an annoyed tone as he gestured at the thin layer of ice beginning to form on her skin. "I'll accompany you back to the party- I think you'll die if I don't."

49020882983_69c975c5f3_m.jpg
Eira Anika Shirin

Older Sister - Cryokinetic - Demoiselle

"Approach others with kindness and an open heart."

a
With: [Ibuki, Bai, Zeke, Uriel, Aurora, Jordan, Aileen, Leonora, Devin, Aaron, Nathanial, Sarah]
Mood: [Worried]

Eira felt the cold leaving her again before hearing footsteps behind her and then feeling a tap on her shoulder. "Ugh, can't you handle being a moment without me?" came the by-now familiar sardonic voice. "I'll accompany you back to the party- I think you'll die if I don't." Eira chuckled, looking at the boy as he fell into step beside her.

"You can't help yourself, can you?" she asked, unable to hide her amusement. "You say you can't be bothered with anyone, but you also won't just let me freeze." She paused for a moment, looking sideways at him. "You're actually a nice guy, aren't you?"

When they got back to Jordan's house, Eira felt a thrill of fear. The people were gone, empty cups and debris littered the lawn, and she worried about what they would find. Inside the house, they were greeted by a disturbing sight. Only a handful of teens remained. The host of the party was unconscious and... floating in midair? Two girls were next to him, and one of them seemed somehow made of metal. The boy who had helped Eira earlier was leaning on his friend, a hand clutching his stomach, which was wrapped up and bleeding. Eira tried to process this as they caught the tail-end of the current conversation.

"...anyone who's still here and not currently injured or tending to someone injured please help me to tie up these men? We need to make sure they're no longer a threat to us, and we'll also need to get information from them." This came from the girl with the purple hair. The one supporting her friend replied

"We need to just get out of here. I agree with helping the injured and... whatever is happening to him. With the injuries these people have I do not think they will be coming after us anytime soon. We need to get to a hospital."

Eira stepped forward timidly. "Listen I- I'm not too sure what happened here or what's going on, but I think if these men were brazen enough to attack teenagers in the middle of a crowded party, they'll have no trouble coming back to do so at a hospital either..." She looked around at those assembled, trying to keep a level head and compartmentalizing the information that, apparently, she and the boy who had been helping her were not the only ones with... abilities.

OOC: Revelation! ;P

Ignoring the female's laughter, he walked ahead of her, figuring he may as well lead the way for the pampered princess who probably already forgotten his directions. "Shut up before I change my mind. And I am not a nice guy." The male scowled at Eira's words, shaking his head in disagreement. He didn't want her to start getting the wrong idea about him- he was hardly doing this out of the goodness of his heart; it'd just look oddly suspicious to the neighbors if there was a corpse out in his front yard. Well, that and a part of him felt like he sort of owed Eira for always treating him well and guilty about bullying her when they were young and dumb.

Looking at the outside of Jordan's house, he noted the unsurprising lack of festivities. I'm surprised the cops didn't quarantine this place- there were guns for fuck's sake. He then went inside and couldn't help but let some shock show on his face at the fantastical sight of Jordan floating, a girl with a distinctive metal sheen to her skin, and the male from before bleeding at his abdomen. "What the fuck," he muttered under his breath.

Being here only to accompany Eira, he didn't try to help out with tying up the men or with the bleeding male's injuries- he was no doctor. Instead, Ibuki made himself scarce, retreating to a corner and taking a moment to wrap his head around the scene before him.

[class=custom___1]
position: relative;
box-sizing: border-box;
width: 500px;
height: 400px;
overflow: hidden;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
padding: 0;
[/class][class=title]
position: absolute;
left: 207px;
top: 34px;
overflow: visible;
width: 131px;
height: 31px;
text-align: left;
font-family: Times New Roman;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 30px;
color: #F6A6B2;
[/class][class=_]
left: 260px;
top: 65px;
width: 57px;
height: 18px;
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 15px;
color: rgba(112,112,112,1);
[/class][class=noun]
left: 218px;
top: 78px;
overflow:visible;
width: 33px;
height: 16px;
font-style: italic;
[/class][class=definition]
left: 250px;
top: 94px;
width: 192px;
height: 35px;
[/class][class=text]
overflow: auto;
width: 357px;
height: 245px;
font-size: 12px;
font-family: veranda;
line-height: 11px;
color: #707070;
padding: 8px;
text-align: justify;
[/class][class=textcontainer]
left: 137px;
top: 145px;
[/class][class=pic]
width: 160px;
height: 160px;
left: 35px;
top: 0px;
border: 1px solid #F6A6B2;
background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/NjrBMqqj/31578-DEA-DB2-A-4-E42-B224-F84870-C078-BE-2.jpg);
border-radius: 200px;
[/class][class=pichover]
background: transparent;
background-size: 100%;
border-radius: 150px;
text-align: center;
line-height: 16px;
color: #fff;
[/class][class=hidden]
display:none;
[/class][script class=pic on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 pichover
[/script][script class=pic on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 pichover
[/script][class=outfit]
width: 50px;
height: 50px;
left: 82px;
top: 284px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/GGDZvJ3.jpg);
[/class][class=outfithover]
background-color: #F6A6B2;
font-size: 8px;
[/class][class=hidden]
[/class][script class=outfit on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 outfithover
[/script][script class=outfit on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 outfithover
[/script][class=location]
top: 228px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/PftxzaF.jpg);
[/class][class=locationhover]
[/class][script class=location on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 locationhover
[/script][script class=location on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 locationhover
[/script][class=mood]
top: 172px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/E2bix10.jpg);
[/class][class=moodhover]
[/class][script class=mood on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 moodhover
[/script][script class=mood on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 moodhover
[/script][class=interactions]
top: 340px;
background: url(https://imgur.com/gsM1t8Y.jpg);
[/class][class=interactionshover]
line-height: 12px;
[/class][script class=interactions on=mouseenter]
fadeIn 0500 interactionshover
[/script] [script class=interactions on=mouseleave]
fadeOut 0500 interactionshover
[/script][class=credit]
left: 417px;
top: 387px;
width: 78px;
height: 13px;
font-size: 9px;
[/class]
[div class=custom___1]
[div class=title]Aileen[/div]
[div class=_]/ A•lean / [/div]
[div class=noun]noun[/div]
[div class=definition]a shy sweetheart;
1. Refer to friends[/div]
[div class=textcontainer][div class=text]
Everything was too much. Zeke getting shot, Bai crying, Jordan being face down passed out, everything. She had to cover her ears for a moment, before shaking her head. She thought someone might’ve asked her if they could help, but she couldn’t tell. She tried breathing, deep steady breaths to calm herself down. She almost reached out to touch Jordan, before stopping. Jordan was floating, the government wanted them as prisoners, and apparently based on what Uriel said, they ALL had powers. This day was going great.

“So..... so wait.” She said shakily, looking around. “A-all of us..... we all have these things going on with us. These.... powers.” She said, looking to Uriel. He had said it first, not her. “Is this for real? Like, this isn’t some crazy prank right?” She asked to no one in particular, trying to wrap her head around it. If that was true then that meant that....... oh God. She killed her cat. She was the one that did that. She rotted his skin.

Aileen has to breath a moment, running her hands through her hair before looking up at them. “I can’t touch any of you....” She murmured again. Then she wrapped her hands around her knees, and sat to listen. She nodded when Zeke spoke, and thought about it for a moment. She didn’t know if she really should be giving her opinion, but it was better than nothing.

“I think that..... that Zeke is right. I think we need to leave.” She said, trying to think through it. But where would they go? Home? Go to school again? Aileen didn’t know about the rest of them, but she didn’t want to do anything after this. She wanted to just lay in bed, and sleep. But that wasn’t an option right now, was it?
[/div][/div]
[div class=pic][div class="pichover hidden"]tags: Pai Chan Pai Chan [/div][/div]
[div class=outfit][div class="outfithover hidden"]
x[/div][/div]
[div class=location][div class="locationhover hidden"]
Jordans house [/div][/div]
[div class=mood][div class="moodhover hidden"]
Scared/Worried[/div][/div]
[div class=interactions][div class="interactionshover hidden"]
Jordan, Bai, Aurora, Zeke, Uriel, Nathaniel [/div][/div]
[div class=credit]code::yousmelldead[/div]
[/div]

[class=link] display: inline-block; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: 1s; font-size: 9px; font-family: Avenir; padding-top: 5px; color: #999; [/class] [class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 1px 2px 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; font-weight: bold; color: #333; font-size: 12px; border-bottom: 1px solid #d69754; margin-right: 3px; [/class] [class=tag3] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 1px 5px 3px 5px; font-family: Playfair Display; color: #000; border: 1px solid #d69754; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; font-size: 10px; [/class] [class=home] color: #fff; width: 60px; height: 60px; margin: auto; box-sizing: border-box; background: #000; padding-top: 5px; border-radius: 100%; border: 1px solid #000; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; transition: all 1s; [/class] [class name=home state=hover] color: #d69754; transition: all 1s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tab] box-sizing: border-box; background: #fff; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #000; padding: 1px 5px 1px 5px; display: inline; color: #000; text-align: center; transition: all .5s; font-size: 12px; font-family: Avenir; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] color: #d69754; border: 1px solid #d69754; transition: all .5s; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class=tabContents] position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: all 1s; width: 294px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 26px; background: #fff; color: #000; height: 400px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=show] opacity: 1; z-index: 1; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] addClass show tabContents01 removeClass show tabContents07 [/script] [script class=home on=click] addClass show tabContents07 removeClass show tabContents01 [/script]
[div class=home]
[div class=tag3]mood
Unconscious
[div class=tag3]location
His home
[div class=tag3]outfit
Outfit
[div class=tag3]interactions

[div class=tag3]tags[/div] [/div] [/div]
[div class="tabContents tabContents07 show"]
the
party

animal
Jordan
[div class="tab tab1"]read more
[/div] [div class="tabContents tabContents01"]
Jordan's breathing steadied and the bleeding started the slow down. In fact, his hands seemed to be slowly pushing the glass out and repairing the Jordan's breathing steadied and the bleeding started the slow down. In fact, his hands seemed to be slowly pushing the glass out and repairing the wounds. His body continued to float maybe a foot off of the ground, his face was relaxed and his breathing normal almost as if he was peacefully sleeping. Around his body was a sort of aurora that seemed to be surrounding him, protecting him. The cocoon prevented anyone from touching Jordan which may be a good thing right now. As Jordan floated calmly, the lights inside and outside fell dead, darkness engulfing the room the kids were in.

On the ground the radios started crackle on the soldiers, a mix of words and other codes asking the team for their status and informing them that another unit was en-route. The radios were loud enough for everyone to hear
[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div][/div] https://www.rpnation.com/threads/𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝘆-⧾-𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻′𝘀-𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗽𝘆-𝗰𝗼𝗱𝗲𝘀.454487/post-9951524[/div]

Zeke Aberci
At first, Zeke had to agree with the girl saying to tie these people up so they could gather intel, but the fact still remained that these men had reinforcements. There was that guy on their radio that had been telling them about meta-humans. "As much as I'd like to question these assholes," Zeke started with a grunt. "The fact is that they have help. And we don't know who from. So it's better to just get the hell out of here." Just as Bai was helping Zeke the hell out of the house, Eira walked in and mentioned that a hospital wouldn't be safe. "I have to agree with the hospital being dangerous. We don't know if these guys have connections there. Not to mention we'd have to explain what the hell happened and would anyone else like to explain how we used super powers to fight a bunch of armed men that tried to capture us for having them?" Zeke looked about the others without expecting my response. "Because I sure as hell don't want to have to explain it." Zeke placed his hand over the gunshot wound as he stood up, taking his weight off of Bai. "For all we know the hospital could be helping these freaks." He motioned to the still bodies on the ground. He then turned towards Sarah and called out.

"Any chance the cirque will let a bunch of runaways, hang out until morning? I think they're probably the least likely to be involved with whatever the fuck is going on right now. Plus a few of them know a bit more about medicine than us, so they might be able to help." Zeke had worked at the circus since it had arrived and gotten to know a few of them. They were good people and hopefully would look after them. If not, he'd have to figure something else out. "And if anyone objects, I'm open to ideas, but I think this is our best option right now." He turned to Bai and gave her an apologetic look. "I know you're trying to look out for me, but the hospital is the LAST place I'm going to go."
Pai Chan Pai Chan Ayama Ayama This Name is unavailable This Name is unavailable

DgfzfHn.png

dmI1Kg1.png

█▀▄ With: Bai, Zeke, Sarah, Jordan, Aileen █▀▄ Where: Jordan's Place █▀▄ Wearing: Party Clothes

It took Uriel probably a full minute to come back from where ever his head went. In was a mix of panic and voices, when he finally came back it was because he was being addressed. His eyes focused back in and saw Aileen looking at him. Uriel didn't understand what she said but he could tell she was scared. His hand was locked on his thigh as the blood pumped out of it. Looking around he saw Zeke with a huge red spot at his stomach. It didn't take much effort to realize he actually got shot. He was being held up by Bai and watched over by Sarah. "Oh, s**t Zeke! Ah!" The sudden movement made his pain shoot through him. Zeke probably was in bodily shock, Uriel wasn't. Wiping his lower lip with his sleeve, Uriel moved the basket. Opening his hand it was covered in blood and a small pool was on the floor next to it. His jeans were ruined.

Pressing back down and grimaced. "Could I get some help, please? It feels deep... And I can't get up..." His breathing got more rapid. It was at this point Zeke starting voicing a plan. The hospital was the best to get treated but not the best place with how things were going. Multiple shots were fired and not a single police siren. So going there would probably get them killed. So they were right in nixing that. Zeke brought up the circus in town and thought that would be a good idea. Uriel's head was muddled but grunted in agreement. "It's better than nothing... How's everyone else doing?" He said through gritted teeth, looking over to see Jordan still floating, unconscious. "F*** me... Could today get any worse?! That's a rhetorical question, please don't answer me?"

photo.jpg
"I know you're trying to look out for me, but the hospital is the LAST place I'm going to go." Bai shrugged.

"As long as you guys can get help…” Bai said looking from Zeke to Uriel to Jordan. “Can we even,” Bai looked as if she were trying to find the right words. “Move him? Is it safe to? How long will he stay like that? A-and you guys mentioned super powers.” Bai looked around the room and pointed at Zeke, Jordan, and the silver girl. “Are you guys aliens and these guys are, like, the MIB?” Bai massaged the temples on the side of her forehead with her fingers. Her imagination was almost out of control with the numerous scenarios Bai was playing through her head. There were too many questions and, at the moment, there wasn’t the time to dwell nor answer them. She walked up the discarded gun and picked it up.

“I’d suggest we take the others’ guns too and leave immediately. I’m all for the circus if that’s where we are set on going.”

Last edited:
Sarah's head was swimming at the moment. She could hear that there was some kind of conversation going on, but, she really only caught the last bit of what everyone was saying. She stood up on stiff legs that felt like they would give out any minute. Though now wasn't the time to go lying about all over the floor like a throw rug. So she stumbled over to Uriel, checking his wound, it was a little deeper than it looked but luckily it hadn't managed to hit an anything major- judging by the amount of blood that was coming out of the wound. So she grabbed the remains of her tattered shirt and some more alcohol, gave an apologetic smile, then proceeded to pour some alcohol on it and dress the wound.

She stood up and turned to Acantha, "I believe that it would be the best to head to my home. We have a licensed paramedic that travels with us, just in case, there are any accidents during our performances." She then took a deep breath to steady herself. "We can figure out this, super-duper-natural stuff later, we should take their guns and be on our way." She then turned to wait by the door, waiting, for them to make a decision. She couldn't wait to get back to her room! Her head felt like it had been hit by a literal truck and she really just wanted to flop on her bed and sleep for probably two days straight.

"The guy with the leg wound just needs someone to lean on, Zeke will need someone to carry him, we don't want the wound to bleed more than it already is. Plus it's going to hurt like the ninth circle of hell if he walks so he'll probably pass out!"

Nathaniel Evans

a
With: [Everyone]
Mood: [Shaken]

Nathaniel stood there awkwardly as two more people showed up. The school's resident rich girl made a strange sight arriving at the scene in jeans and a tshirt that clearly didn't belong to her and accompanied by a well-known delinquent. She disagreed that going to a hospital was a good idea, and fear had to make Nathaniel agree with her. Anywhere those men could track them down was not somewhere they wanted to be. Aileen- clearly as shaken by the recent events and revelations as the rest of them- agreed as well. Jordan's body went from simply floating off the ground to floating in some sort of strange cocoon, and the guy who had been shot asked if they could all hide out at the circus. The other injured guy concurred, and the girl who had knocked their assailants out picked up a gun and agreed as well.

The girl from the circus dressed her second wound of the evening with apparent practiced ease, and laid out plans for getting them there. Nathaniel blinked. Carry Zeke? Are any of us strong enough to do that? And what about Jordan? Are we just going to walk all the way there? he thought, eyeing the gun Zeke's friend was carrying apprehensively. She didn't seem the least bit uncomfortable about it, but Nathaniel had many reservations. Feeling foolish now for bringing in a tray of water in the first place, since no one seemed remotely concerned with it at the moment, he set it down, retaining a single cup, and walked over to where Devin was standing, staring at his phone in shock and disbelief.

"Dev?" Nathaniel asked softly as he approached, touching his friend on the shoulder. "You all right?" He offered the cup of water and a reassuring smile.

OOC: Kinda useless, but such a sweetie ;P

Last edited:
Today had not exactly been the best of days for Casey. When she heard Jordan Parks was throwing a house party in memory of all the lives lost recently in their area, she'd thought it strange, but not THIS strange. Seriously, who does that? Attending couldn't hurt, though - she figured at the very least the people might be like her - doubtful of the rumours and seeking the truth. She had been wrong, obviously, if the various noises and yells around the house were any indication.

Casey had been hanging around listlessly, eyeing up the place's decor enviously and honestly not having that awful of a time. When camoflagued by a flock of friends, she felt like she was part of the world. Then she started thinking about Lana and how she would have loved this party. That in itself wasn't unusual, but what happened next was. One of the girls she was with snapped at her and told her to stop talking about depressing stuff.

The thing was - Casey hadn't said anything since she'd got here. And as she was thinking that, the girl got more confused. The unknown telepathic back-and-forth escalated, with bystanders becoming increasingly convinced they'd gone completely insane, and Casey stormed off before she embarrassed herself any further. In hindsight, hiding in the nearest closet to cry might not have been the most mature or healthy solution, but it sure saved her bacon when sh*t hit the fan.

She wasn't entirely sure what had gone on while she was in hiding, but it sounded really serious. She'd gathered that someone had stormed the place and heard snippets of conversation from party-goers, but a terrible feeling locked her legs into place. She might have passed out briefly from a combination of fear and the booze she'd been chugging like it was lemonade. All she knew is, when she came to with her extremeties tingling from numbness, people were talking about leaving. They sounded around her age - probably not assassins or the police or serial killers. After this doozy of a night, no way was she getting left behind while everyone else trotted off to safety.

"Wait!" She called, nearly breaking the door down in her haste to exit and join the group. With some difficulty (wearing heels was a nightmare with numb feet) the girl tracked down the largest group of people. Seeing the state they were in, she momentarily faltered. Then again, she probably didn't look much better, having squashed herself into an enclosed space for an uncertain amount of time. "T-Take me with you! Please!"

Eira Anika Shirin

Older Sister - Cryokinetic - Demoiselle

"Approach others with kindness and an open heart."

a
With: [All the others]
Mood: [Determined]

"Shut up before I change my mind. And I am not a nice guy." Eira chuckled to herself as he lead the way- his embarrassment was apparent. She grinned at him. "Whatever you say..." The sight at the house was immediately sobering, however, and as the boy placed himself, typically, in a corner on his own (but still close enough to ward off the chill), Eira stepped further into the room.

Jordan's body was now no longer just floating, but floating and covered in a strange cocoon. The others concurred that they needed to get out of there and couldn't go to the hospital, and they decided on the circus, which apparently one of them was from. The crackle of the men's radio announcing reinforcements sent a thrill of fear running through them all, and the urgency of the matter ratcheted up a few more notches. The prospect of moving the injured was quite daunting, but clearly it had to be done. Eira opened her phone and tried to place a call but, unsurprisingly, found that communication had been cut off.

She became quite concerned when one of the girls casually picked up one of the discarded guns, but then that thought was driven from her mind by the sudden appearance of another girl in their midst, crashing out of a closet to join them. The group was understandably jumpy and surprised. Eira thought she recognized the girl as a member of a popular clique of seniors- she was clearly both inebriated and terrified. Eira couldn't blame her for deciding to hide; after all, there were bullet-holes in the walls! She walked up to the girl, who seemed to be having a little difficulty walking (trauma, alcohol and high heels will do that), feeling the cold flare up again and goosebumps erupt over her skin.

"Don't worry- we won't leave you behind," she said with a reassuring smile. Putting a supporting arm around the girl's shoulders, she turned back to the group. "So how are we going to get everyone to the circus? Our phones aren't working so I can't get a car to come pick us up, and it's on the other side of town." She hoped one of them would have a plan, as it was clear they needed to get out of there a soon as possible.

OOC: Poor kids are traumatized.

5L.jpg
Bai was checking how many bullets were in the magazine of the gun when someone seemed to jump out at them. Bai jumped at the sudden entrance and dropped the gun. The second it hit the floor it went off. Bai, instinctively covered her ears from the sudden noise and looked around. It didn't look like anyone was shot or had any new wounds.

She then silently and slowly placed the clip, of the gun, in Aileen's hand and let out a dry chuckle.

"W-well, maybe not everyone should get a gun. And I have my car that I drove here. It can fit four people--maybe five. Maybe a couple more if they don't mind getting close in the back trunk area." Bai was already making her way towards Zeke to help him towards the car. She just hoped that when they left there would be plenty of room between them and whoever was coming to back these soldiers up.

Last edited:
Devin Waters
Devin's eyes darted towards Nat, shocked at the boy's sudden presence. How had he gotten next to Devin so quickly? Then he looked down at the cup in the boy's hand and caught sight of the phone in his own -its screen was black, but it shouldn't have been. It wouldn't have timed out for at least a minute, and it hadn't been that long, had it?
Suddenly Devin was darting his gaze around the room. Jordan floating, shapeshifters, and people with... powers. He could remember what had happened, but it didn't feel like he had experienced any of it. Instead it was like he had been watching the world from a seat behind his eyes. He took in a couple heaving breaths, trying to calm himself as he looked back to Nat.
"Y-yeah... I'm ok, Nat." His friend's cheeks were even more red than when he'd left the room, and he could see fresh tear-tracks on his face. Devin wasn't sure when they'd appeared, and that was frightening. He needed to pull himself together. When he reached out and took the cup from his friend, he downed the water easily, using the time when the cup obscured his face to further regain his composure. When he gulped down the last of the liquid, he discarded the cup on a nearby ledge and smiled faintly at his friend. "Thanks."
Internally, Devin was barely making sense of the world. So much life-altering information had been thrust before him -superpowers, people had superpowers- that even just thinking felt overwhelming. However, he steeled himself. For the last few weeks, Devin hadn't been of any help to anyone, and that needed to change, even if it only lasted for however long his adrenaline did.
"I-" He took a calming breath before he finally spoke up. "I have a car too. It could fit at least four, although it might be better if we let Zeke and Uriel have more room. Too much pressure in the wrong places could end up hurting them more." Then Devin faltered for a moment before he was able to force his nerves to remain intact. "Bai, I assume you're taking Zeke," motioning to the girl's movement towards the childhood friend. "Uriel, if you don't have any objections, I'll take you and at least one other person, but," Devin considered the rest of the group. "That still means we need another car. Anyone have an idea?"

Casey relaxed slightly into the grip of Eira. If not for her support, she would likely have fallen over right then. She jumped out of her skin when the gun fired, adrenaline spiking on an already stressful night. These people weren't normal, were they? She could see that as clearly as she could see the host of the party cocooned in the air.

If anyone would have any escape vehicles, it would have to be him. Her bleary eyes jolted open, screwing her face in concentration. If she could speak to him the way she'd spoken to that girl before, maybe he could help- Ah, what a dumb idea! Luckily, Casey was drunk, and Drunk-Casey didn't care so much about coming off as weird.

If she wasn't crazy, if she actually had some kind of power... let it work, she pleaded. She tried to mentally force her way past the unconscious Jordan's mind. Before Casey knew it, she could see what she wanted. Two cars, parked outside. Jordan's, presumably. She didn't know enough about cars to be able to name them but this seemed like important information.

She looked back and forth from the others in the room, eventually managing to croak out some semblance of words. "There're... cars outside... His..." She extended a weary arm to point to the floating Jordan.

49021405286_96396f88b5_m.jpg
Acantha Mujo

Aspiring Geneticist - Telekinetic - Sociopath

"Knowledge is gained through systematic investigation."

a
With: [The others]
Mood: [Efficient]

Acantha did not receive the sort of response she had expected. Instead of concurring with her on the need to interrogate the men, most of the others simply wanted to leave. One of the girls suggested a hospital, which she found foolish in the utmost under the circumstances. Luckily, the others saw the same problem she did, and suggested the circus instead, which Acantha had to agree was smart. It was out of the way, on the other end of town, and presumably no one would know they had a connection to it or expect to find them there. It would make it easy to disappear for a little while.

As Sarah dressed her second wound, explaining about the circus and how to get there, and Zeke's friend picked up one of the discarded guns (Acantha wasn't sure why), she pondered their options. Interestingly Zeke, though he was the worst injured, was the only one who seemed to want answers as badly as she did, but when the men's radios crackled announcing the imminent arrival of reinforcements, it became clear that the priority was to get out of there and get somewhere safe as quickly as possible. Acantha felt a familiar frustration rise within her- the one she felt whenever she was somehow denied access to information she wanted. Why couldn't I have been telepathic? she silently bemoaned.

At that moment, a girl suddenly burst out of the closet. Acantha quickly processed the added information, wondering if the new arrival could be a threat to them, when Zeke's friend dropped the gun and it went off. Acantha glared at her. It was one thing to be cavalier about picking up an unidentified weapon, but if you weren't trained and had no basic firearms knowledge, you shouldn't be handling them at all. Having read up on the subject and seeing the utility both of having a weapon to defend themselves with and of having any bit of information they could get, Acantha picked up a discarded weapon, checking the magazine and flicking on the safety, before beginning to rifle methodically through the men's pockets for anything of interest or relevance. Meanwhile, the others were making plans for transporting all of them to the circus. Acantha sped up her search, knowing she had mere moments to find something.

OOC: This girl, I tell you...

Last edited:
Zeke Aberci
Everyone had at least agreed on where to go. That was a step in the right direction. Now they were discussing transportation. Zeke knew for a fact that he would have to ride in the back, but the moment that Sarah signed about carrying him Zeke nearly burst into a fit of laughter, followed immediately by a cringe of pain. "Sarah, does ANYONE here look like they could carry my sorry ass anywhere? Nah. I can at least make it to a car out front and lie down in the backseat." The appearance of a new girl that was hiding in a closet was a bit unexpected, but the fact that she didn't want to get left behind was normal. "I'm in agreement, leaving you behind would be immoral." Zeke leaned against Bai as he began to feel a little light-headed. Turning his head back towards the cars, Zeke saw something he'd nearly forgotten about during the entirety of the brawl. His motorcycle sitting there next to the sidewalk. "Shit."

Zeke quickly turned his attention back to the group. "Anybody know how to drive a motorcycle? I'm not leaving my bike here." Zeke was proud of his vehicle, he'd built it himself with a little help from the closest thing he had to a real father. "If not, well we've got a new problem then. I've spent way too much time building that ride to have it get confiscated by some goons that think we're guinea pigs." Zeke's tone was firm as he looked at them all, if he needed to, he'd push the damn bike by hand to get it to the circus, blood loss or not.

[class=custom___1]
[/class][class=title]
[/class][class=_]
[/class][class=noun]
[/class][class=text]
[/class][class=pic]
background: url(https://i.postimg.cc/NjrBMqqj/31578-DEA-DB2-A-4-E42-B224-F84870-C078-BE-2.jpg);
[/class][class=pichover]
[/class][class=hidden]
fadeIn 0500 pichover
fadeOut 0500 pichover
[/script][class=outfit]
[/class][class=hidden]
fadeIn 0500 outfithover
fadeOut 0500 outfithover
[/script][class=mood]
fadeIn 0500 moodhover
fadeOut 0500 moodhover
[/script][class=credit]
[/class]
[div class=custom___1]
Aileen had to take deep breaths, and focus on what people were saying. She frowned at the thought of going to a hospital, and had to disagree. That, in her opinion, would be foolish. Walking into a government controlled facility when the government just tried to attack them? No thank you.

The Circus sounded like a much better idea, honestly. Somewhere quiet, somewhat secluded. And, they probably had gloves. That would help immensely. She was jerked out of her thoughts as Bai placed the clip in her hand. Aileen stared up at her in slight horror when their hands came in contact, and jerked back. Would that hurt her? She had touched her mom before and been fine? But the cat...... she shook it off, trying to focus on here and now and not what might be. She would be fine....

When Zeke asked about the bike, Aileen’s original plan was to stay silent. She knew how, of course. Her sister had bought one. A sport bike, one that could go faster than legal limits would ever allow. Of course, Aileen was taught how to drive it responsibly out of pure peer pressure. But when he sounded so resolved.... Aileen’s hand raised. She didn’t remember deciding to raise her hand, but no taking it back now.

“I-I can drive a motorcycle. I mean, if no one else can......” She trailed off, scratching the back of her neck. What if someone else was better at it than her? That would help, she guessed. Besides, it was one more seat open for Bai to take someone. She also thought about the new girls suggestion. She wasn’t sure where she had initially come from, but Aileen accepted that everything weird that happened in the next 24 hours was A-ok. Even the dead grass and flowers just outside Jordan’s house....

[/div][/div]
[div class=pic][div class="pichover hidden"]tags: Pai Chan Pai Chan [/div][/div]
x[/div][/div]
Scared/Worried[/div][/div]
, Bai, Zeke, [/div][/div]
[/div]

5L.jpg
Before Bai started out of the door supporting Zeke's weight he paused and mentioned his motorcycle. Bai didn't object to taking it as well. If Zeke were to be a ghost from those movies or television shows the object he'd be tied to would definitely be his bike. Hopefully, they wouldn't be testing that theory, in real life, anytime soon. When Aileen volunteered to drive Zeke's motorcycle Bai was surprised. She didn't know the girl knew how to ride.

There seemed to be some other vehicles the others could drive so Bai didn't have to worry about her car getting cramped.

"I'm going to my car. I'm putting Zeke in the back so if anyone wants shotgun we still have room for one more, if need be." Bai said as she started escorting Zeke outside. The last seat was, originally, for Aileen but seeing that she had her own personal form of transportation it opened up.

As she stepped outside Bai noticed that Zeke wasn't as heavy as she thought he'd be.

"Did you lose weight or did you lose that much blood?" Bai said in a joking way. "You're light as a feather."

As they made their way down the long driveway towards Bai's vehicle she noticed just how dark everything was around them. There could be a small army out their, surrounding the house, and they would all be invisible until they wanted to be otherwise. The thought gave Bai chills and she quickened the pace to her parked car. When they finally arrived at the little Mini Coop Bai went and opened the back doors and took out a blanket. She could occasionally go out to certain spots on the outskirts just to be alone with the beautiful view the land had to offer. Sometimes she'd sleep in her car with her seat laid back to look up at the stars through the sunroof. Sometimes having the car off in the northwest, at night, meant that it would get chilly which was where the blanket came in. Bai kept it there at all times, just in case.

The vehicle was still her family's car even though it was mostly Bai and her mother that shared this particular one. Her father said, "it seems too feminine" which was fine with Bai. That only meant she could use it more often while her father drove his own vehicle.

Bai laid out the blanket across the back seat and ushered Zeke inside.

"I love you Zeke but my parents would be a lot more successful at killing me than those men if they found the car had blood all inside of it. Just take it easy and give me directions to the cirque so I can get you there and fixed up."
Bai said and closed the back door, after Zeke. She then got into the driver's seat and waited for the others to get in their vehicles as well. It looked like Bai would be leading them in her car.

OOC: sorry for the sloppy and late post but I had to get it out there ;)

Nathaniel Evans

a
With: [The others]
Mood: [Worried]

After Nathaniel had handed Devin the cup of water, several things happened in quick succession. A girl suddenly burst out of the closet asking to come with them, Zeke's friend dropped the gun, which went off, and the strange girl who had suggested they tie the men up grabbed a weapon of her own and then began going through their pockets as if searching for something. Devin then stepped forward and offered his car to help transport them to the circus. When he asked if anyone else had a vehicle, the new arrival told them Jordan had two parked out front. Nathaniel glanced out the window- they were nice and big, good for what they had in mind.

Despite his injury, Zeke was insisting that they also take his bike. Nat chuckled softly when Aileen responded, knowing riding a bike was more something her sister forced on her than something she actually enjoyed. But at least she knew how to do it, so he didn't need to worry about her. Zeke's friend then somehow picked him up on her own and got him out and, presumably, to her car, with what seemed like no effort at all. Superstrength? Nat wondered.

Wanting to be useful as well, he walked over to where Uriel was sitting and bent down to help him up. Realizing he might not have the strength to do so on his own, he called back

"Devin, can you help me with him?"

OOC: Short post!

[class=custom___1]
[/class][class=title]
[/class][class=_]
[/class][class=noun]
[/class][class=text]
[/class][class=pic]
[/class][class=pichover]
[/class][class=hidden]
fadeIn 0500 pichover
fadeOut 0500 pichover
[/script][class=outfit]
[/class][class=hidden]
fadeIn 0500 outfithover
fadeOut 0500 outfithover
[/script][class=mood]
fadeIn 0500 moodhover
fadeOut 0500 moodhover
[/script][class=credit]
[/class]
[div class=custom___1]
She couldn’t even begin to say how happy she was that people weren’t asking her to help move others. She was completely content with following Bai and Zeke to her car, and getting onto the motorcycle. She noticed almost immediately that it definitely wouldn’t go as fast as her sisters, and that thought somehow gave her relief. She wouldn’t have to worry about moving to fast, or going out of control.

With barely a word, she looked around for a helmet, knowing the rules that she had to follow if she didn’t want to get pulled over. She wondered, when Zeke was better, If Bai would drop her by her house so she could pick up her sisters bike. She could finally finish painting it, and use it as her own transportation. Would make things easier, for sure.

That’s when she took a moment to look around. Her face tensed. All the plants by Jordan’s front porch were dead. It wasn’t a huge range, but it was enough to look suspicious. What the hell was going on with her. Was this her? She knew that something was going on, and now that it was confirmed people had powers.... through her panic, Aileen almost didn’t realize the fact that the grass by her feet was dying. Rapidly. When she did notice, she picked up her heel, and hissed quietly. No more thinking bad things. She chewed on her bottom lip as she stared at the bike, and took a deep breath. She was mostly waiting until Bai started her car, planning on following behind.

[/div][/div]
x[/div][/div]
Calming down[/div][/div]
, Bai [/div][/div]
[/div]

Ibuki let the symphony of voices wash over, barely paying enough attention to the conversation to have a sense of what was going on. He had just managed to accustom himself to the sight of Jordan floating in the air and the dude bleeding due to what appeared to be a gunshot wound if the bullet holes on the walls were to be any sort of indicating factor when another person burst into the room, appearing to have hidden herself earlier when everything had gone down.

It didn't take too long for the group to decide to go to the circus. He wasn't sure about how he felt about retreating to a circus of all places for some sort of safety and security, but the male wasn't about to protest democracy. If this was a dumb idea, then there would be time to regret it later- when his head didn't hurt so much. Being around all these people felt suffocating in more ways than one, his headache seemed to grow worse around them. Great. First Eira, now them too? Letting himself out the front door, he went over to two fancy cars parked outside, vaguely remembering the new girl mentioning something about Jordan owning them. They were his best bet at acquiring transportation to the circus as he had walked here and there was hardly time to run back home and grab his father's car keys, not that he could've done so without facing a inquisition.

He stood silently brooding before the door of one of the cars, a frown on his face. I can hotwire it, but there's a risk of tripping the car alarm. I don't have too much experience with circumventing the car alarm on cars this expensive... The last thing he wanted to do was draw more attention. Frustrated, he scratched his head, the thought of asking for help didn't occur to him; Ibuki was far too used to handling stuff on his own, even when he couldn't.

Last edited:

Acantha Mujo

Aspiring Geneticist - Telekinetic - Sociopath

"Knowledge is gained through systematic investigation."

a
With: [Ibuki]
Mood: [Uncomprehending]

As Acantha continued to methodically rifle through the pockets of the unconscious men, the others made plans around her. Zeke was helped outside by his friend, but not before he got one of the others there to agree to take his bike along with them. The three promptly left the house and headed for the vehicles. The tall pale one was trying to get his friend to help him with transporting the other injured boy out as well. Then the dark-haired brooding one followed suit, no doubt to check out the cars that the new girl had said were parked outside. It was clear their departure was imminent, and Acantha sped up her search.

The results, while not unexpected, were disappointing. The men had no forms of identification or any other helpful information on them. Their gear suggested that whoever funded this outfit was loaded, which made sense considering it had, in all likelihood, been the Sanctorium. Their weapons were identical, and aside from that all they seemed to carry were basic field med-kits and their radios. Acantha pocketed those she could find and then, after a brief hesitation, grabbed one of the radios as well. She then straightened, took a look around the room, and headed outside to join the others. The dark-haired boy stood before one of the cars, seeming troubled.

When she walked over and reached him, she could see why. Blinking red lights near the dashboard indicated that both vehicles were equipped with alarms, which was not surprising. They couldn't ask Jordan where the keys were, nor did they have time to tear through his house looking for them, but they also couldn't take the risk that the alarms would go off and alert the authorities to their whereabouts, and/or prevent the cars from starting altogether. Acantha took a breath, considering the problem for a moment and reviewing her knowledge of security systems, before stepping up besides the boy.

"Don't worry," she said. "I should be able to deal with this."

She focused on the small mechanisms she could picture in her mind, willing a particular wired connection severed and waiting to hear the tell-tale click. It did not come. Frowning, she stared hard at the alarm system and concentrated harder- nothing. She couldn't make it move. She turned to the boy, wide-eyed at this new development.

"My ability isn't working," she explained, at a loss. "I can't get it to disconnect."

She hoped the boy might have a solution but, more than that, she wanted to know what had happened to her power.

OOC: Oh noes! ;P

Startled by the appearance of one of the females from the group behind him, the male stepped away from the car and from her. Assuring him that she could take care of the situation, he watched as her face turned from one of concentration to one of incomprehension. He had felt a brief surge of that strange energy flow into him again and frowned; he wasn't sure how much more of it he could take- whatever it was- before passing out from headache pain.

"I don't know what to tell you," he retorted coldly, his irritation with his pounding migraine turning into general annoyance with anyone who talked to him. The male had a sneaking suspicion that the ability that she was trying to use wasn't working because of him, but he refused to acknowledge the idea that he had some sort of power. Regardless, Ibuki walked away from her, retreating to the other car. I could probably bash the windows in... Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back